EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I want a mace...
Demos
Pancake
posted 11-13-2004 12:20:11 PM
No, the xbox is what you weight-train with. After that you can wield the PS2 controller with deadly accuracy.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-13-2004 02:17:30 PM
I can play my X-Box in 400 TIMES NORMAL GRAVITY.

Power Level 100,000,000,000, bitches.

Steven Steve
posted 11-13-2004 02:41:13 PM
Why don't you people ever just use a shovel or wood axe?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-14-2004 12:55:41 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Vorago said this:
The head of it needs to be like 250% larger, THEN you have potential

Oversizing your mace is a BAD idea. It'll just make you slow. That's the proper size for a mace, it'll crush and mutilate armour just fine.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Steven Steve
posted 11-14-2004 01:25:59 PM
Why don't you just get a really top-heavy sword? It would be like the same thing, only with a big long edge.

Or better yet, get a pick up truck.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 11-14-2004 06:22:16 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist obviously shouldn't have said:
Why don't you just get a really top-heavy sword?

The point of a sword (no pun intended) is balance and ease of control, not necessarily striking power. A perfectly balanced sword is easy to swing or thrust for its weight. Adding more weight to one end of the sword would just ruin it.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2004 06:46:21 PM
quote:
Ruvyen had this to say about Cuba:
The point of a sword (no pun intended) is balance and ease of control, not necessarily striking power. A perfectly balanced sword is easy to swing or thrust for its weight. Adding more weight to one end of the sword would just ruin it.

Ruvyen wrong about swords? Gasp!

The above is incorrect for double-handed and hand-and-a-half swords. They're top-heavy.

Steven Steve
posted 11-14-2004 06:57:56 PM
It's not like any of your opponents are going to be wearing solid steel armor anyway, a pocket knife could pretty much penetrate all modern armor. By the way, unless you make over about $50,000 a year, there's no point in even getting medieval weapons!!!!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 11-14-2004 07:01:19 PM
quote:
Mortious said this about your mom:
Ruvyen wrong about swords? Gasp!

The above is incorrect for double-handed and hand-and-a-half swords. They're top-heavy.

This is true, but they're not as top-heavy as a big warhammer or battle axe, and thus are more balanced than other types of two-handed wepaons.

I always prefer one-handed swords, though.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2004 07:09:33 PM
quote:
Ruvyen wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I always prefer one-handed swords, though.

Once plate overtook chain as the armour of choice, crushing weapons overtook swords.

I still prefer swords, too, but a mace/hammer will wreck a suit of armour and whichever unlucky sod happens to be inside it.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-14-2004 10:16:57 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Fazum'Zen Fastfist said:
Or better yet, get a pick up truck.

Faz speaks the truth.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-14-2004 10:31:24 PM
quote:
Naj obviously shouldn't have said:
Should of been an xbox

*points and laughs at Naj because he doesn't appear to get the joke*

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-14-2004 10:33:40 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Fazum'Zen Fastfist said:
Why don't you people ever just use a shovel or wood axe?

Shovels are only appropriate for use against zombies if they are to be wielded as a weapon.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
LeMiere
posted 11-15-2004 01:10:50 PM
www.by-the-sword.com has some really cool flails and maces that are just gorgeous.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: