EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Nazi Rebirth
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:02:02 AM
No I'm not a Nazi supporter but I feel this should be pointed out and debated. Nazis are considered the worst group on the face of this earth because of what they did to people. Killing countless Jews, Polish, and others, americans jumped all over these guys with hate propaganda. They were a Political party too, so no harm there.

People over looked something, there is another group of people targeting Jewish and other peoples of the world. They have been killing them in countless number, and have been sacrificing themselves to do it. They also have invaded their neighboring territories. Whats really terrible is they are killing their own people lately aswell. If you haven't guess the group its call: "Islamic Fundamentalists". If you don't believe be look at the news, not the ones concerning this recent election, look at the stuff about whats happening in Iraq, Isreal, and Iran.

The there is a story in the Koran stating that the true Islamic believers are to enter a holy war, Jiihad, and wipe all the infidels from the earth. The way its worded one could say they are suppose to convert, but since the human mind is irrational and prone to violence, alot of them have decided to just Kill everyone not of there specific religion.

YES I do know what I'm talking about, besides taking a class on it, I've also done at home research. The Islamic religion is Not NICE. But for some reason we americans can't complain because those are their beliefs and its wrong to interfere. Okay? So satanism is right? So is Jones town? How bout the Manson family? Wait wait wait, don't forget the Davidions, you know with the guy who raped his members wives and daughters because he claimed it was his divine right, then he set their bunker on fire and killed most of its members.

Religion maybe a sensative subject, but I say when a religion begins to endanger people's lives, then it becomes a subject to be delt with.

Argue, disagree, discuss!

LOG fucked around with this message on 11-04-2004 at 04:08 PM.

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-03-2004 12:02:56 AM
Godwin's Law.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-03-2004 12:06:33 AM
Who are you, Michael Savage?

No, he would have said something about communism as well.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:09:21 AM
No I'm just an angry american upset about the fact that people are defending a persons right to practice a religion that involves KILLING ME!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 11-03-2004 12:10:57 AM
Maybe you should try taking classes on how to not make stupid arguments.

Perhaps you've just been spoonfed something by a bitter prof., and haven't stopped to notice the plethora of fallacies present. How many faulty appeals do you have?

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-03-2004 12:13:12 AM
Islam is nice. It's the people who use that faith to control people through mass hysteria. Control through religion has been used for thousands of years. So it's not the religion, it's those who use it.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-03-2004 12:13:42 AM
Eh, the Bible tells Christians to do all sorts of nutty shit too. Once the Muslims who believe they should follow all the nutty shit in the Koran are nice and dead I'm sure the more sensible ones will thrive.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:15:26 AM
Okay if you want me to form a Popper Arguement I WILL.

Killing me in my eyes is a bad thing.
Islamic Fundamentalists kill americans because they see us as Infidels.
I am an American.

THEREFORE:

Islamic Fundamentalists want to kill me, in my eyes they are a bad thing.

There is my arguement. To break it down-

A=B
C*D
A=D
(C^A)=B

Edit: I really don't have much of a problem with peaceful followers of the Islamic faith. But problem is that the fundamentalists are the ones who seem to be taking control of things, and I feel it is up to the nonpsycopathic citzens of the world to step in and fix things.

Dr Cysa fucked around with this message on 11-03-2004 at 12:18 AM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-03-2004 12:17:37 AM
...and this is a new revelation for you?
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-03-2004 12:17:37 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about dark elf butts:
Eh, the Bible tells Christians to do all sorts of nutty shit too. Once the Muslims who believe they should follow all the nutty shit in the Koran are nice and dead I'm sure the more sensible ones will thrive.

Who wrote the bible? Men. Who selected and changed it around to fit their needs? Those who were in control. Kings and Emperors.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-03-2004 12:19:12 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Trillee:
Who wrote the bible? Men. Who selected and changed it around to fit their needs? Those who were in control. Kings and Emperors.

Point being?

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:23:11 AM
Point being is that to fix the problem and outside source needs to step in and change the writing. It can be done for good just as it can be done for wrong. If other people start stepping in and saying: "Your religion maybe right, but your WRONG" then we might actually be able to fix the problem. When we have sappy tree hugging americans who all just wanna run around protesting something because we don't wanna seem bossy to other contries with there battle cry of: "No let them do what they want its their right, VIVA LA FRANCE!" Its hard to fix anything that is a danger to us.

Dr Cysa fucked around with this message on 11-03-2004 at 12:23 AM.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-03-2004 12:25:02 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when JooJooFlop wrote:
Point being?

It's not the Bible's fault for what's in it

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-03-2004 12:28:03 AM
Where in the Qu'ran does it say that infidels must be purged through Jihad? The Jihad in the time of Muhammad happened to convert the Arab people to one religion to unite them as one people. Muslims as a whole are supposed to avoid conflict and make peace in any way possible unless the reasoning behind the treaty given by the enemy is untruthful or unjust.

The only people to blame for "infidel killing" are a very very small group of radical Muslims that interpret the Qu'ran to fit their own psychotic ways. Don't make it seem like all of Iraq consists of nothing but these assholes.

Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 11-03-2004 12:33:07 AM
Replace "Islamic" with "Christian" and "Koran" with "Bible". Now replace "Jihad" with "Crusade".

Strange how things work out?

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:33:08 AM
Very small is not what you would call the Islamic Fundamelists. Especially since they happen to have a majority of the places of power in the country, along with the wealth to carry out their plans of destruction.

Currently Islamic fundamentalists out number the psycos in every other major religion and are also more destructive.

quote:
Tatsukaze wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Replace "Islamic" with "Christian" and "Koran" with "Bible". Now replace "Jihad" with "Crusade".

Strange how things work out?

Note that I do not support them or the Inquisition, but both have since passed.

Also I'm not to found of the christians blowing up abortion clinics, but I will complain them when they get to the size and threat of the islamic fundamentalists.

Dr Cysa fucked around with this message on 11-03-2004 at 12:35 AM.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 11-03-2004 12:39:10 AM
I replaced "Islamic" with "Christian" in the above post, laughed, then cried.

But really - just because you don't hear about the things peaceful Muslims do doesn't mean they don't exist, or even that they're in the minority.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Maradon!
posted 11-03-2004 12:44:17 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Trillee said:
Islam is nice. It's the people who use that faith to control people through mass hysteria. Control through religion has been used for thousands of years. So it's not the religion, it's those who use it.

Yeah, you may remember this little thing called "The Crusades" a while back...

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-03-2004 12:47:17 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Dr Cysa said:
Very small is not what you would call the Islamic Fundamelists. Especially since they happen to have a majority of the places of power in the country, along with the wealth to carry out their plans of destruction.

Currently Islamic fundamentalists out number the psycos in every other major religion and are also more destructive.

I'm not understanding what your point is. Do you want us to go over there and nuke the whole fucking Middle East? Then that would make US the mass murders, committers of genocide and so on and so forth.

I don't claim to know that much about anything, but I do know that there are significant problems with terrorism, religious psychos, and problems in other places in the world too (like Korea). I just don't think I get what you want to do about it. It's not that simple to just kill all the Islamic people. Isn't it like 1/6 of the Earth's population or something? There is in no way a majority of the psychos. I read that most of the "Islamic Fundamentalists" are just basically the equivalent of very Catholic people in the Christian church. being an Islamic revived just means you are more into the whole thing.

Another thing: Explain how Islam is such a "NOT nice religion." That statement was completely BS and I wanna hear how you defend yourself on that remark.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 11-03-2004 12:54:15 AM
Oh crap. I posted something relevant to the topic when instead all I meant to say was that I saw a guy named Godwin's Law while playing CoH.

boy is my face redupo.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-03-2004 12:58:47 AM
Nuke the country? Sure why not, but I'm an extremist. No, but my point is that there are alot of people over there that want me dead. I don't like this and feel it would be my right to step in and bitch slap the individuals currently running the country and religion over there. Especially cause there is a lot of BS about terrorists hiding in churches and other stuff that we aren't suppose to go in cause it violates their religous laws.

I am not a christian and have no problem in saying they aren't that great of a religion when you look back at what they have done. Were the crusades right? NO, and if someone else wants to bring it up I'm gonna bitch slap you back into the time of the inquisition. Religion often gets out of hand and does a lot of shit that it shouldn't. Thats when other folks, outside of said religion, are suppose to step in and say: "Your in trouble now muthafucka". And its pissing me off that people every where are saying we can't because it would violate their sacred laws.

Fundamentalists are bad where ever you go. Currently the Islamic are the worst and I feel people need to stop fucking defeding them and step up and start laying a smack down.

I'm not gonna say more or I'll end up needing the political tag.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-03-2004 01:07:12 AM
So basically this thread was just a big rant saying "KEEL THE CAMEL JOCKEYS".

Good fucking job.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-03-2004 01:09:01 AM
quote:
Dr Cysa wrote this stupid crap:
Nuke the country? Sure why not, but I'm an extremist. No, but my point is that there are alot of people over there that want me dead. I don't like this and feel it would be my right to step in and bitch slap the individuals currently running the country and religion over there. Especially cause there is a lot of BS about terrorists hiding in churches and other stuff that we aren't suppose to go in cause it violates their religous laws.

If we did something like that, then we could expect them to respond in kind. Don't forget, they think that if they just turn their back and let us do bad things in their temples and what not, they won't go to heaven. Forget death, we're talking Eternal Damnation here. They won't take that lying down.

Sure, some people here go too far one way or the other on how to deal with this. But the real answer is a very narrow path that is not easy to see. Overreact, and you'll create MORE fundamentalists that feel that they have to win their way into heaven with blood. Underreact, and they'll feel that they can (quite literally) get away with murder because god lets them. And there may not be a safe middle ground to walk on here.

One of the big differences between these guys and Nazis is the fact that (by and large) Nazis were worried about this life, not the next. Heaven, hell, and the eternal soul make for different rules than race and national pride do.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-03-2004 01:14:09 AM
Get off my side. You make my side look stupid.
Sean
posted 11-03-2004 01:15:01 AM
<Th3No0b> Im going to be the next hitler
<Th3No0b> Im going to kill all the jews and 1 clown
<RageAgainsttheAmish> why the clown
<Th3No0b> See? no one cares about the jews
<RageAgainsttheAmish> lmao
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-03-2004 01:17:42 AM
Form opinion based on facts, please.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-03-2004 02:02:26 AM
Didn't Bush repeatedly use the word "crusade" when he was talking about the liberation of Iraq?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-03-2004 02:02:33 AM
Nazi's weren't bad JUST because they were mean to the Jews. They suppressed education, ran a government based on terrorizing and murdering dissidents of all types, and attempted to carry out genocide (something that hasn't been attempted seriously in centuries). Oh the Brits and the French or the Brits and the Spanish may have fought one another, but they didn't actually want to wipe the opposite side out of human record for all time. It's hard to rule a nation when there's no one there to lord over. Hitler wanted to eliminate a socio-racial group from existence. And it wasn't just Jews; it was anyone Hitler didn't consider Aryan, including middle-eastern folks, arabs, Africans, Slavs, and Native Americans. It just so happened that the Jews were the first and most convenient social group. If there were a visible contingent of Africans there instead of the Jews he would have done them in.

There's no one cause to any given thing. You ask someone why Hitler was evil and they will inevitably cite the Holocaust. It was a horror of the modern world with scars that'll be felt for generations to come. But let's be honest; Hitler was a suck fucker suffering from mass homicidal megalomania directed towards everyone that wasn't him. The man was paranoid about his own people for heaven's sake, and it cost him the war because he wanted all key decisions (including those best left delegated to field commanders) routed through him. But the Nazi's were no more evil than the cause of the American Civil War was based around slavery (it wasn't; it was the trade in foreign cotton that hurt the local growers that actually started the war; slavery wasn't a predominant issue until Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation something like two years into the war, and even then the Proclamation only had effect in SOUTHERN secessionist states).

Comparing the Nazi facist dictatorship to a religious cult is tempting, but it's apples and oranges. The reason you can't cast stones at an extremist group in the manner being done here is because they're extremist. They're not mainstream, and you can find fringe groups who believe anything. The only difference is that Islamic fundamentalists are currently mouthier than most. Keep in mind Israel's Mossad still engages in abductions, illegal extraditions, and the assassination of people considered to be a threat to Israel. They make no bones about that fact. Also keep in mind there are other religious freak groups out there. The Troubles in Ireland are built around religion. South America has it's own Catholocism-based rebel terrorist factions. Asia has any number of religious cults (the gas released in the Tokyo subway a few years back was done by a religious group). Singling out Islamic fundamentalists as being somehow singularly worse than others is stupid. They're just more in the news.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-03-2004 02:05:06 AM
I've read snippets of the Qu'ran, particularly what it says about violence. The Bible is actually a lot bloodier.

The Islamic fundamentalists don't outnumber every other fundamentalist. They're more prominent now because they're killing people. They are being stopped right now, though, like any other war, it will take time.

I have never seen anyone defend an Islamic fundamentalist's right to kill people as "personal beliefs," though.

Maybe you're just insane

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 11-03-2004 02:47:32 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about pies:
Nazi's weren't bad JUST because they were mean to the Jews. They suppressed education, ran a government based on terrorizing and murdering dissidents of all types, and attempted to carry out genocide (something that hasn't been attempted seriously in centuries).

Africa ... and the numbers are pretty serious. Not quite as high as WWII, but genocide is genocide.

Bacon369 fucked around with this message on 11-03-2004 at 02:49 AM.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-03-2004 02:50:52 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
attempted to carry out genocide (something that hasn't been attempted seriously in centuries)

What about the Armenians?

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 11-03-2004 03:06:19 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Captain Planet:
Didn't Bush repeatedly use the word "crusade" when he was talking about the liberation of Iraq?

He's admitted the use of religion in decission making.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-03-2004 03:12:01 AM
quote:
This one time, at Bacon369 camp:
He's admitted the use of religion in decission making.

WHAT?! Religion has some legitimate use as a guide for someone's life and isn't the popular belief that it's all voodoo and bupkus? IMPOSSIBLE! I WON'T STAND FOR IT!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-03-2004 03:15:34 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:
WHAT?! Religion has some legitimate use as a guide for someone's life and isn't the popular belief that it's all voodoo and bupkus? IMPOSSIBLE! I WON'T STAND FOR IT!

Hint: the popular view is in favor of Christianity.

However, it's easy to see that something you don't agree with is ever so popular. For example, as a non-Christian, I see Christianity everywhere. I see it as the driving force of the decision making in this country.

As a Christian, you may see the non-Christians everywhere. You may see that Christianity is seeing a decline in this country, and that it's no longer as popular as it was in the past. You may see it being popular and cool not to be Christian. I don't, but I'm sure you have reasons to think that way, if indeed you do.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 11-03-2004 at 03:16 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-03-2004 03:21:17 AM
I don't see a huge problem with that.

Religion was meant to help people make decisions.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-03-2004 04:52:51 AM
I can't remember the last time someone invoked Godwin's Law in the initial topic.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 11-03-2004 09:40:30 AM
quote:
This one time, at Pvednes camp:
I can't remember the last time someone invoked Godwin's Law in the initial topic.

Whilst it is technically invoking Godwin's Law to post about Nazi's, it is still possible to post about Nazi's without invoking Godwin's Law...

.. err.. maybe this explains what I mean better...

Source

quote:
What happens if we're actually talking about Nazis?

Then you've already invoked Godwin's Law, and the chances are that
your thread isn't going to last all that much longer as a sane discussion.
Them's the breaks.

That isn't to say, of course, that you can't talk about Nazis and
such on Usenet - this *is* Usenet, after all, where virtually every
conversation that goes on is fairly ludicrous in the first place. It's
just going to take you a lot more effort to find real information out of
there and to avoid getting yourself off on side-threads
- which you'll
eventually do regardless, but you can try to put it off.

This also applies if a thread mutates into an actual discussion of
Nazis, of course.

Note that this discussion about the invoking of Godwin's Law is one of those side-threads mentioned above...

Anyway, Godwin's Law states: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Yes, comparing Islamic Fundamentalists to Nazis is the invokation of Godwin's Law. However, Godwin's law is usually used to determine when a reasonable, logical, and intelligent debate and/or discussion ([small]Please ignore the irony of the previous when applied to discussions here.. /small]) has degenerated into simple mud-slinging (or further into full scale flame-war insults between participants).. and thus who the "winner" of the discussion is.

Therefore, technically, it is impossible to invoke Godwin's Law in the intial posting of a thread... and as the thread hasnt (yet) degenerated into flame-war status, or even simple mud-flinging, I think its safe to say that for now Godwin's Law doesnt apply here.

..although getting the topic back to the original discussion without it travelling down the side-thread of discussion about the relevancy of godwin's law or not will be an interesting task to accomplish...

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-03-2004 10:03:42 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
I don't see a huge problem with that.

Religion was meant to help people make decisions.

The danger is, though, that people do things because they think God told them to.

quote:
God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.
-- George W. Bush, according to Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas, from minutes acquired by Haaretz from cease-fire negotiations between Abbas and faction leaders from the Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Popular and Democratic Fronts (circa June, 2003), quoted from Arnon Regular, "'Road map is a life saver for us,' PM Abbas tells Hamas" (Haaretz.com:June 27, 2003), quoted from EvilOz (The Iterative Record)

Of course, I wouldn't put too much stock in the above quote, but it does illustrate how scary it is when someone thinks an invisible man in the sky is talking to him. "God told me to do it! I cannot, therefore, be wrong!"

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 11-03-2004 02:39:16 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Karnaj:
Of course, I wouldn't put too much stock in the above quote, but it does illustrate how scary it is when someone thinks an invisible man in the sky is talking to him. "God told me to do it! I cannot, therefore, be wrong!"

To me, the dangerous ones are those who think they are the lil invisible person in the sky.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-03-2004 03:35:42 PM
There have been countless attempts with Genocide as a goal since Hitler, but the difference between Hitler-class genocide and the genocide in, say, Somalia or Slobodan Milosovic's cases is that Hitler didn't really have to pacify the Jews. It wasn't like they were out to wipe a hostile military body (such as is the case in Somalia, and such as was the case with Milosovic).

Ever hear of "Krystalnacht" (I know I botched the spelling of that) before? Yeah. Read up on that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: