EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Doom 3 out
Talonus
Loner
posted 08-07-2004 03:00:45 PM
Sean, just a couple comments.

Chainsaw doesn't seem to have much use at first, but gets great later. Its invaluable for taking down commandos (or whatever the tentacle human's name is). Get around a corner, duck, and chainsaw the bastards as they round that corner. They'll go down very qucickly.

The shotgun is the best weapon in the game IMHO. Yes, it has a huge spread past medium range, but its not meant for long-range combat. Get in their face and only boss mobs will take more than four shots. Very good for taking down imps, maggots, and wraiths.

The machinegun and chaingun are similar, but they have different uses. Machinegun is good for taking down Z-Sec, cherubs, and lost souls, as well as general long range. Chaingun is better for enemies that come in larger groups or those with lots of health, like chaingun zombies, trites, ticks, and cacodemons.

Guess it all comes down to how you use the weapons though I guess. Out of all the weapons, I've used the shotgun more than all the other weapons combined. That's just my playstyle though I guess.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 08-07-2004 at 03:02 PM.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-07-2004 03:48:50 PM
I use a combination of the shotgun and the machine gun sofar.

And I break out the fisticuffs when I get one of those shambling wuss zombies... Mostly so I can box it, and yell out "THE CHAMP IS BACK" when it goes down. Complete with mashing the jump button in celebration.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-07-2004 05:04:02 PM
Okay, I'm at work after only getting to play Doom 3 for about two hours. I just got the instructions to head to Alpha labs, buts damned if I could find the way...

Anyway... it's been too long since I'd been a space marine. There's no worrying about enhancements, smithing components, or hoping some nice titanium spawns. There's blowing the heads off fucking zombies with a shotgun. It looks so incredible, especially the blood splatters. I can't get over how real the people look...

Heh.. when I hit the "Recommended video setting button", it said medium. I said "Fuck you," and selected high at 1152x864. Ran okay, but before long I turned it down to 1024x768 at medium. Doesn't look much different though, and plays smoother. I don't think I'll need to put on AA.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-07-2004 05:08:49 PM
do they still have the bezerk, bfg, double barreled shotgun, and rocket launcher? nobody mentioned thouse
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-07-2004 05:10:40 PM
quote:
From the book of diadem, chapter 3, verse 16:
do they still have the bezerk, bfg, double barreled shotgun, and rocket launcher? nobody mentioned thouse

Aye, well, all except the double barreled shotgun.

The rocket launcher is extremely powerful and has a concussion effect. It's fun to fire it in a demon's face and watch them fly half a mile.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-07-2004 05:42:14 PM
Gah. Something's fucked up.

I open up Multiplayer. It gives me a small (~8 there) list of servers. I try to get a new list of servers, it gives me no servers at all...

So I just tried to connect to a MP server. The game keeps saying 'Sending challenge to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:27666' over and over and over and over and... I think the remote server isn't there anymore, the problem is I can't get a new list of servers, but I can't get a new list, it won't update...

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: