EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ITT, you are Somthor
Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 01-21-2004 09:27:07 PM
spam spam spam
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-21-2004 09:27:41 PM
Sam Walton killed my father.

And raped my mother! D=

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-21-2004 09:28:42 PM
quote:
Drysart obviously shouldn't have said:
dude Somthor why are you spamming my thread?

SOMTHOR, THE SUCKINATOR

[insert Trogdor music here]

SOMTHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

SOMTHOR WAS A MAN... I mean, HE WAS A PANSY MAN...

HE WAS JUST A PANSY BUT HE WAS STILL SOMTHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

[/end music]

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-21-2004 09:29:00 PM
()_()!!!!!!!!
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:29:17 PM
im sorry guys im just really dense

what??? whyd you call me stupid when i said i was dense? by dense i meant volume/weight ratio! no really !

you guys should all go drink bleach

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 01-21-2004 09:29:41 PM
Blindy, why you trashing my thread? Only I can post here.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 01-21-2004 09:30:15 PM
W3rd
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 01-21-2004 09:30:48 PM
Somthor isn't he that guy that adopted 20 cats took them home and fucked them all at the same time yeah hes pretty cool i hear eq guilds all love him
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-21-2004 09:31:01 PM
OMG, WTFY!?
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 01-21-2004 09:31:49 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
OMG, WTFY!?

STFU queer

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:32:28 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz said:
STFU queer

sorry ill stop

wtfy!?!1

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-21-2004 09:32:46 PM
slurp
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-21-2004 09:33:36 PM
whoa hay this thread rules
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-21-2004 09:33:59 PM
I AM A VICTIM OF FRIENDLY FIRE
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-21-2004 09:36:59 PM
haha Blindy is the odd man out what a faggot
Nina
posted 01-21-2004 09:37:50 PM
I've had a thousand jobs at only 20!
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 01-21-2004 09:38:04 PM
oh Buck Futter the navy forgot to send my check again
Nina
posted 01-21-2004 09:39:13 PM
You know what?

I wanna have Blindy's babies.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:40:32 PM
I like cheese.
.com
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:40:35 PM
SPAM

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited by: Agent Shadow ]

What did five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!!!

Im Rick James, bitch!!!!

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-21-2004 09:41:57 PM
hay guys whats goin on in thi

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

nem-x
posted 01-21-2004 09:43:14 PM
Wal-Mart sold my baby to slave traders.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:43:27 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Pirotess:

(AP) -- Everybody feels refreshed following a good night's sleep. But can you wake up smarter? More artistic perhaps?

German scientists say they have demonstrated for the first time that our sleeping brains continue working on problems that baffle us during the day, and the right answer may come more easily after eight hours of rest.

The German study is considered to be the first hard evidence supporting the common sense notion that creativity and problem solving appear to be directly linked to adequate sleep, scientists say. Other researchers who did not contribute to the experiment say it provides a valuable reminder for overtired workers and students that sleep is often the best medicine.

Previous studies have shown that 70 million Americans are sleep-deprived, contributing to increased accidents, worsening health and lower test scores. But the new German experiment takes the subject a step further to show how sleep can help to turn yesterday's problem into today's solution.

"A single study never settles an issue once and for all, but I would say this study does advance the field significantly," said Dr. Carl E. Hunt, director of the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research at the National Institutes of Health.

"It's going to have potentially important results for children for school performance and for adults for work performance," Hunt said.

Scientists at the University of Luebeck in Germany found that volunteers taking a simple math test were three times more likely than sleep-deprived participants to figure out a hidden rule for converting the numbers into the right answer if they had eight hours of sleep. The results appear in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

The study involved 106 people divided into five separate groups of equal numbers of men and women ages 18 to 32. One group slept, another stayed awake all night, and a third stayed awake all day for eight-hour periods before testing following training in the main experiment. Two other groups were used in a supplemental experiment.

The study participants performed a "number reduction task" according to two rules that allowed them to transform strings of eight digits into a new string that fit the rules. A third rule was hidden in the pattern, and researchers monitored the test subjects continuously to see when they figure out the third rule.

The group that got eight hours of sleep before tackling the problem was nearly three times more likely to figure out the rule than the group that stayed awake at night.

Slow wave to solving problems
Jan Born, who led the study, said the results support biochemical studies of the brain that indicate memories are restructured before they are stored. Creativity also appears to be enhanced in the process, he said.

"This restructuring might be occurring in such a way that the problem is easier to solve," Born said.

Born said the exact process in the sleeping brain for sharpening these abilities remains unclear. The changes leading to creativity or problem-solving insight occur during "slow wave" or deep sleep that typically occurs in the first four hours of the sleep cycle, he said.

Even gradual decreases in the total time for slow wave sleep and deep sleep is correlated to a kind of decrease in memory function, and in turn to a decrease in the ability to recognize hidden structures or the awareness of such things.
-- Jan Born

The results also may explain the memory problems associated with aging because older people typically have trouble getting enough sleep, especially the kind of deep sleep needed to process memories, Born said.

"Even gradual decreases in the total time for slow wave sleep and deep sleep is correlated to a kind of decrease in memory function, and in turn to a decrease in the ability to recognize hidden structures or the awareness of such things," Born said.

Other researchers said they have long suspected that sleep helps to consolidate memories and sharpen thoughts. But until now it had been difficult to design an experiment that would test how it improves insight.

History is dotted with incidents where artists and scientists have awakened to make their most notable contributions after long periods of frustration. For example, that's how Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev established the periodic table of elements and British poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote his epic "Kubla Khan."

Born and his team "have applied a clever test that allows them to determine exactly when insight occurs," wrote Pierre Maquet and Perrine Ruby at the University of Liege in a commentary on the research, also published in Nature.

Maquet and Ruby both say the study should be considered a warning to schools, employers and government agencies that sleep makes a huge difference in mental performance.

The results "give us good reason to fully respect our periods of sleep -- especially given the current trend to recklessly curtail them," they said.

--that.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-21-2004 09:48:39 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Pirotess:

(AP) -- Everybody feels refreshed following a good night's sleep. But can you wake up smarter? More artistic perhaps?

German scientists say they have demonstrated for the first time that our sleeping brains continue working on problems that baffle us during the day, and the right answer may come more easily after eight hours of rest.

The German study is considered to be the first hard evidence supporting the common sense notion that creativity and problem solving appear to be directly linked to adequate sleep, scientists say. Other researchers who did not contribute to the experiment say it provides a valuable reminder for overtired workers and students that sleep is often the best medicine.

Previous studies have shown that 70 million Americans are sleep-deprived, contributing to increased accidents, worsening health and lower test scores. But the new German experiment takes the subject a step further to show how sleep can help to turn yesterday's problem into today's solution.

"A single study never settles an issue once and for all, but I would say this study does advance the field significantly," said Dr. Carl E. Hunt, director of the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research at the National Institutes of Health.

"It's going to have potentially important results for children for school performance and for adults for work performance," Hunt said.

Scientists at the University of Luebeck in Germany found that volunteers taking a simple math test were three times more likely than sleep-deprived participants to figure out a hidden rule for converting the numbers into the right answer if they had eight hours of sleep. The results appear in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

The study involved 106 people divided into five separate groups of equal numbers of men and women ages 18 to 32. One group slept, another stayed awake all night, and a third stayed awake all day for eight-hour periods before testing following training in the main experiment. Two other groups were used in a supplemental experiment.

The study participants performed a "number reduction task" according to two rules that allowed them to transform strings of eight digits into a new string that fit the rules. A third rule was hidden in the pattern, and researchers monitored the test subjects continuously to see when they figure out the third rule.

The group that got eight hours of sleep before tackling the problem was nearly three times more likely to figure out the rule than the group that stayed awake at night.

Slow wave to solving problems
Jan Born, who led the study, said the results support biochemical studies of the brain that indicate memories are restructured before they are stored. Creativity also appears to be enhanced in the process, he said.

"This restructuring might be occurring in such a way that the problem is easier to solve," Born said.

Born said the exact process in the sleeping brain for sharpening these abilities remains unclear. The changes leading to creativity or problem-solving insight occur during "slow wave" or deep sleep that typically occurs in the first four hours of the sleep cycle, he said.

Even gradual decreases in the total time for slow wave sleep and deep sleep is correlated to a kind of decrease in memory function, and in turn to a decrease in the ability to recognize hidden structures or the awareness of such things.
-- Jan Born

The results also may explain the memory problems associated with aging because older people typically have trouble getting enough sleep, especially the kind of deep sleep needed to process memories, Born said.

"Even gradual decreases in the total time for slow wave sleep and deep sleep is correlated to a kind of decrease in memory function, and in turn to a decrease in the ability to recognize hidden structures or the awareness of such things," Born said.

Other researchers said they have long suspected that sleep helps to consolidate memories and sharpen thoughts. But until now it had been difficult to design an experiment that would test how it improves insight.

History is dotted with incidents where artists and scientists have awakened to make their most notable contributions after long periods of frustration. For example, that's how Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev established the periodic table of elements and British poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote his epic "Kubla Khan."

Born and his team "have applied a clever test that allows them to determine exactly when insight occurs," wrote Pierre Maquet and Perrine Ruby at the University of Liege in a commentary on the research, also published in Nature.

Maquet and Ruby both say the study should be considered a warning to schools, employers and government agencies that sleep makes a huge difference in mental performance.

The results "give us good reason to fully respect our periods of sleep -- especially given the current trend to recklessly curtail them," they said.

--that.

Edit: Oops, double post.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-21-2004 09:49:56 PM
Huzzah! Now, I can anonymously say the stupisest thing I've ever said on the boards!

Aaah! Oh my god my ghshnrgh is ghhenxything! RRRAAAAAAAAAH RAKKA RAKKA penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis

...Ahhh. Felt good to get that out of my system.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:50:26 PM
quote:
Ruvyen had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Huzzah! Now, I can anonymously say the stupisest thing I've ever said on the boards!

Aaah! Oh my god my ghshnrgh is ghhenxything! RRRAAAAAAAAAH RAKKA RAKKA penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis

...Ahhh. Felt good to get that out of my system.

Hiya, Ruvyen.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 01-21-2004 09:51:46 PM
What the hell.
Ares
posted 01-21-2004 09:53:19 PM
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 01-21-2004 09:53:56 PM
WTF

Oooo kitty, but I don't wanna be Somthor.

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited by: Freschel Spindrift ]

Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Korvus
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:54:12 PM
DUFFMAN, CAN'T BREATHE! OHHHHHHHHHH NO!!!
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:54:42 PM
I think it's undeniable now. Drysart is one with the Matrest.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 09:54:58 PM
Haha you shoudl like ths

im even in This one!

Mexico City - El Reporto Nacional

Wal*Mart Expansion blocked by mythical monster

Miercoles, 21 Enero 2004

ERN - Construction on a new Wal*Mart store was halted today, following the sabotage of the equipment. Also, several of the workers were hospitalized after being bitten by a creature resembling the bloodsucking "chupacabra."

The chupacabra is the South American version of the Vampire myth, though it is mostly known for sucking the blood of goats. Its name, in fact, translates to "goatsucker."

The workers' wounds were treated quickly and are unlikely to become infected. However, the frequency of the bites - and the amount of blood lost - implies that there may have been more than one creature at the scene.

To prevent further incidents, the Wal*Mart corporation has installed a defensive perimeter of goats. These are constantly watched by armed guards, who will pick off any creatures observed molesting the goats.

A local man, unkempt and with cat bones pulled through his nose, explained that the chupacabra has been summoned by Wal*Mart's own demonic energies. The Waltons' visit to the site had stretched the barrier between dimensions to the breaking point, allowing the chupacabra to re-enter the world.

"Like a magnet, like calls to like," the man babbled, a thin ribbon of drool flecking his lips. When a reporter pointed out that like poles on a magnet actually repel, the source became very agitated.

"Many times I've observed this." he continued, picking up two rocks and smashing them together. "See? See the attraction?" After several moments, his eyes appeared to unfocus further, and he mentioned that, "..the chupacabra is also trying to send a message to the residents of its country. This attack is its humble, brutal plea for mexicans to remain in their country and preserve their old ways."

Despite the incident, the construction schedule for the Wal*Mart remains unchanged.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-21-2004 09:55:44 PM
quote:
From the book of Taeldian, chapter 3, verse 16:
--that.

ha ha stupid nub! dont you know you shuld always put a link or bloodsaeg who is a gentleman will get the mad at you!?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 01-21-2004 09:57:56 PM
Wooo, a thread full of "This user is on your ignore list." How fun

Except for blindy, wtf~

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Snugglits
posted 01-21-2004 09:58:34 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Espio Idsavant wrote:
Wooo, a thread full of "This user is on your ignore list." How fun

Except for blindy, wtf~

How ironic since, for this thread, somthor's posts are shown as blindy's.

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-21-2004 09:59:52 PM
healp wahty si this thraed??/1
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 01-21-2004 10:00:50 PM
wait... what? o_O

can you please fix my title
posted 01-21-2004 10:05:50 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz said this:
How ironic since, for this thread, somthor's posts are shown as blindy's.

Its worse because I lack the license to pretend I'm Blindy and respond in a manner simular to his. That and I don't have the wit to pull it off with a positive result.

psst first they cloned mice then sheep now Somthor's soon maybe even chimps, beware Science gone MAD!
{edit spelling]

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Snugglits
posted 01-21-2004 10:07:09 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Its worse because I lack the licsence to pretend I'm Blindy and respond in a mannor simular to his. That and I dont have the wit to pull it off with a possitive result.

psst first they cloned mice then sheep now Somthor's soon maybe even chimps, beware Science gone MAD!

Fuck you, dimwit. It says you're somthor when someone quotes you.

Fuck everything you say.

Fuck.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-21-2004 10:10:05 PM

oh this makes me happy.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: