EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Look Who Joined the Club!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-03-2003 10:34:03 PM
quote:
Blindy Claus wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I don't know why i keep getting grouped with delphi.

I don't know why I keep getting grouped with YOU.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 10:35:51 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Captain Planet:
I don't know why I keep getting grouped with YOU.

You can't be Legolas, either. You can be Gollum.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-03-2003 10:36:30 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about pies:
You can't be Legolas, either. You can be Gollum.

I took Legolas so mog wouldn't be him.

u too, Mr. Parce.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 10:37:49 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Knight Rider:
I took Legolas so mog wouldn't be him.

u too, Mr. Parce.

Hand me the branding iron.

can you please fix my title
posted 12-03-2003 10:41:32 PM
Wait you are not my friend? and i put you on my x-mass card list. I support the EC becuse im here and posting, I dont like to be a leach.
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Oh shi...
what
posted 12-03-2003 10:49:09 PM
Hay duder
Nina
posted 12-03-2003 11:01:35 PM
I missed the earlier thread, but you all already know my stand on newbies. Xenophobic assholes.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 11:03:08 PM
quote:
Nina attempted to be funny by writing:
I missed the earlier thread, but you all already know my stand on newbies. Xenophobic assholes.

Nah. We all know you like to disagree with the popular opinion because you think it makes you cool.

Time to find a new act, slappy.

Nina
posted 12-03-2003 11:07:10 PM
Oh, of course, Parcelan-san is the most popular figurehead on the boards and thus should dictate everyone else's opinions.

Not.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-03-2003 11:07:48 PM
quote:
Nina spewed forth this undeniable truth:

A lot of people on this board are territorial, yes. But very few newcomers manage to consistantly hit nerves as much as Somthor does. Hell, I don't like him - and that normally takes EFFORT by people. I mean, I count count on one hand the number of people here who actively annoy me... and it doesn't even take the whole hand.

I think he's just somehow managed to develop a talent for pissing people off.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 11:09:06 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Nina said this:
Oh, of course, Parcelan-san is the most popular figurehead on the boards and thus should dictate everyone else's opinions.

Not.

You're just upset because your entire moral compass has been reduced to the self-serving sham it really is.

Bummer, dude.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-03-2003 11:31:16 PM
I think Bloodsage is an arrogant, stubborn, rude sunuvabitch too! But I wont deny that he is usually right 99% of the time. You are DENIED that other 1% because I spent a year having to look at your dogs ass with his balls hanging out on a couch, and that is just SO wrong. Besides his title says it all. We've just gotten used to and accepted it anyway.

In all honesty, If I ever get upset at Sage, its for his methods, not a lack of usefullness or intelligence which he offers quite a bit of.

Somthor on the other hand... Trying to demand the respect equal to what another has earned while not having earned that same respect yourself... Well that's an easy way to get the worse possible attention, label, you can have.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 12-03-2003 11:45:17 PM
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-04-2003 12:38:31 AM
I have very little in the way of street respect here at EC, but even I know that Sothomor has been being more of an ass than I've ever viewed BloodSage, or Parce as being. As much as Sage and Parce add to the community, I have very little apprication for their methods, and thusly they are really my two least favorite posters. But even I am not going to go up against either of them in a flame war and demand to be treated respectfully throughout it.

But hey, I'm just a lurker. I have been for pretty much 2 years. Almost three. A lurker who's nearly gone gold, and isn't all that well known. At least I know my place in this community and accept it.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 12-04-2003 12:57:26 AM
The "usual suspects"? Fuck off and die. Seriously. I have never flamed a newbie just for being a newbie. In fact, I was very polite to Somthor in his first thread(that Sleeper one) and corrected him on a few issues very politely, and he even made mention of how at least I did it politely unlike everyone else.

I just got tired of trying to find a way to politely phrase the fact that he's an idiot.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 12-04-2003 01:02:30 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Cuba:
That, too, is pretty retarded. Around here, we just call people by their names. If we use nicknames, there are far worse than "dude."

No kidding. You should hear what Parce calls me when he's drunk.

[ 12-04-2003: Message edited by: Snoota ]

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-04-2003 01:06:16 AM
I think I may have been mis-read here. I was calling Bloodsage "arrogant, obnoxious, and rude" because the insinuation had been made that because board regulars act that way, we should accept newbies who we know nothing about acting that way as well. And the argument I made (using Bloodsage as an example) was that yes, Sage is all of those things, but we accept it due to context. Context is something you can only understand by observing something (in this case Sage's action, or on the larger scale how the board works). Somthor didn't, therefore while we will accept it when Sage is "arrogant, obnoxious, and rude", because we know him and he's earned his rights, Somthor is a newbie who seems to have gone out of his way to be as assinine as possible, while revealing next to nothing about himself until he chooses to whip it out.

He's in his forties, and is apparently married, for instance. He's been in the military, apparently in the air force (since he refers to Sage as having a higher rank). But these are facts he whips out as part of an argument or the like. We have no context to put his comments into, because he hasn't been around long enough, whereas with Sage, we know quite a bit.

And I hope no one would go so far as to think I was insulting Bloodsage. Aside from the obvious fact that I wouldn't want him to tear a piece off of me, I consider Bloodsage to be someone very worthy of my respect, even if I don't always agree with his methodology or stance on a certain subject. For some reason I keep having to point that out every few months hehehe

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-04-2003 02:19:19 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
I think I may have been mis-read here. I was calling Bloodsage "arrogant, obnoxious, and rude" because the insinuation had been made that because board regulars act that way, we should accept newbies who we know nothing about acting that way as well. And the argument I made (using Bloodsage as an example) was that yes, Sage is all of those things, but we accept it due to context. Context is something you can only understand by observing something (in this case Sage's action, or on the larger scale how the board works). Somthor didn't, therefore while we will accept it when Sage is "arrogant, obnoxious, and rude", because we know him and he's earned his rights, Somthor is a newbie who seems to have gone out of his way to be as assinine as possible, while revealing next to nothing about himself until he chooses to whip it out.

He's in his forties, and is apparently married, for instance. He's been in the military, apparently in the air force (since he refers to Sage as having a higher rank). But these are facts he whips out as part of an argument or the like. We have no context to put his comments into, because he hasn't been around long enough, whereas with Sage, we know quite a bit.

And I hope no one would go so far as to think I was insulting Bloodsage. Aside from the obvious fact that I wouldn't want him to tear a piece off of me, I consider Bloodsage to be someone very worthy of my respect, even if I don't always agree with his methodology or stance on a certain subject. For some reason I keep having to point that out every few months hehehe

He's 34 and he used to be in the Navy as an E-5. . .firefighter or weapons controller of some sort I think he said.

Have to address everyone else's points when I get back from work. And I'd really like to hear what Lashanna has to say; intelligently dissenting views are always welcome.

[ 12-04-2003: Message edited by: Bloodsage ]

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-04-2003 10:43:31 AM
As a lurker I basically echo what someone else has already said in a thread.

Therefore consider Fae's last post as basically my opinion. I can't way I always agree with Sage's methods and he does annoy me sometimes but he is intelligent and correct most of the time. Somthor, on the other hand..

Well, I can't say I hate him since I don't particularly hate anyone here but I would pull out the 'lurk more' card about now

posted 12-04-2003 11:20:25 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael impressed everyone with:

gentle correction. IM 34, I served in the Navy not the Airforce. I was a FC-2 (E-5) which makes me someone who rose a bit in rank but nothing really noteworthy its entirely possible to join and go out to the fleet E-5 rank after your schools. thus its not a sign of any merit whereas to achive O-5 you have to pretty much have your ducks in a row.

I bring out facts as people ask or it seems pertinate, pretty much all you need to know about me is out there.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-04-2003 11:41:21 AM
I'm just amused by the furor his presence evokes, but yes, he definitely needs to shape up or ship out.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-04-2003 12:06:49 PM
Damn, the Satan-Mart thread is closed

I was going to include my 'I'm dyslexic and I'm ok' song

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-04-2003 12:12:27 PM
quote:
Somthor got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Wait you are not my friend? and i put you on my x-mass card list. I support the EC becuse im here and posting, I dont like to be a leach.

so you're calling everyone who doesn't subscribe here a leech?

Some people don't have money to, due to student status. Others don't have credit cards or bank accounts. and some people just don't have the money right now.

Dont' call others leechs (sp?) because you don't know why they're not subscribing, please.

see? i was nice

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...

posted 12-04-2003 12:37:52 PM
quote:
BeauChan's fortune cookie read:

see? i was nice

No I never said that. I'd personaly feel like i was leaching if I didnt contribute.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-04-2003 12:56:54 PM
Look.

The main problem, besides your spelling and grammar, is that you act like you don't have to listen to anyone else.

People bring up irrefutable proof of an issue you are arguing; or someone with much more knowledge of a subject then you posts their educated opinion with facts to back it up, and you completely disregard it. Not only do you disregard it, but you refute their claims with no backup, whatsoever.

For instance; I stated what I knew was happening at Wal-mart because I worked there for almost a year. In fact, I worked on the day in question.

You responded you worked for Sam's Club (a different company) for 4 months, which... somehow, in your mind, seemed to trump me working there.

With the "Mr Blood Sage" he was commenting on you splitting his name in half. Look and see that his name is spelled "Bloodsage". One word.

What seems to be the major problem is you get these ideas in your head, and you voice them; there is no proof behind them, and you will not listen to anyone else's refutations of them. So, even with experts in the particular field telling you that you are mistaken, you say you are right, and they have to prove you wrong.

quote:
To Quote Bloodsage:

Further, you've just violated every rule of logic known to humanity: one doesn't simply make assertions then vow that they're correct unless proven otherwise. What is it that makes you think conventional weapons will work against hard and deeply buried targets?

That's the whole crux of the arguement. What makes you think your arguement will work? You don't back up your arguements in ways that can't be refuted with other, better sources. You act like you know everything about whatever you are tlkaing about, whether you actually SAY you do, or not. Even though yousay you know nothig about something, you get upset and keep arguing when someone who knows more then you corrects you. And it takes you so frigging long to admit defeat - and you still don't.

Bloodsage says you are completely and utterly mistaken. You say "I believe you!" and then... you keep arguing.

Don't you see a problem here?

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-04-2003 01:42:37 PM
You people are such broken records. Quick, keep attacking his spelling and grammer, everyone is doing it & it'll make you look cool!

I hope this Somthor bashing fad ends quickly. I stuck him on ignore a while ago, and may have to end up ignoring a good portion of this board if every other thread doesn't stop turning into a "hey lets bash Sothmor again!" thread.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 12-04-2003 01:54:32 PM
quote:
BeauChan obviously shouldn't have said:

Some people don't have money to, due to student status. Others don't have credit cards or bank accounts. and some people just don't have the money right now.

Dont' call others leechs (sp?) because you don't know why they're not subscribing, please.

see? i was nice

Uh, he didn't say that at all. He said he personally doesn't want to be a leech. He didn't generalize and say everyone who doesn't, is a leech. That was just your own misunderstanding and grasping for something that just wasn't there.

The World is Yours
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-04-2003 01:56:54 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Tron:

holy shit, thats an old school sig pic

potato

[ 12-04-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

posted 12-04-2003 01:57:31 PM
quote:
Gikk had this to say about Robocop:
Look.

For instance; I stated what I knew was happening at Wal-mart because I worked there for almost a year. In fact, I worked on the day in question.

You responded you worked for Sam's Club (a different company) for 4 months, which... somehow, in your mind, seemed to trump me working there.

With the "Mr Blood Sage" he was commenting on you splitting his name in half. Look and see that his name is spelled "Bloodsage". One word.

Bloodsage says you are completely and utterly mistaken. You say "I believe you!" and then... you keep arguing.

Don't you see a problem here?

yes in my mind Wal mart and Sam's club are the same thing becuse they are owned by the same parent company. you asked if i had ever worked there and so I responed that I had. cant help it if you think they are not the same and I do.

Yes he blasted me on how I should be addressing him which is the same as me asking him to then not address me as "Dude"

Bloodsage was saying A I was saying B when I finaly realized B was A i said you are right and I stoped argueing the point.. please show me where after I said i was misstaken that i continuted? what followed after that was a question of Sub orbital kenitic energy weapons which would be "C" and I dont think Bloodsage commented on them and the thread eventualy died out.

talk about being dense you parrot over and over my spelling and grammer and how im annoying, how many times do you have to repeat that until you realize saying that isnt going to change anything?

nem-x
posted 12-04-2003 01:57:57 PM
You people go ballistic easily. That's right, You People!
people.. people. Man that looks funny. people
p e o p l e
peep ole
people
people
peep hole
peep ole
people people

teehee

Canadian Mountee
posted 12-04-2003 01:58:55 PM
A billion million times.
The World is Yours
Khyron
posted 12-04-2003 02:02:59 PM
quote:
Somthor obviously shouldn't have said:
talk about being dense you parrot over and over my spelling and grammer and how im annoying, how many times do you have to repeat that until you realize saying that isnt going to change anything?

Hey man, it's simple.

Opinions are worth about as much as the effort you put into conveying them to the people you want to listen to them.

Meaning that your opinion is worth shit

Seriously. It doesn't matter how intelligent your point May or May Not have been, when you express it like a six-year-old would, it makes us treat it like such.

quote:
OMGZZZZZZZZZ U GUYZ I HAF FOUNED OUT THE MEANGING UV LIEF!@#$%# DO U WAN 2 HEER IT?????!?!?!?!?!oneoneone

Someone who says that to me, may very well know the meaning of life! But because he types it in like a retarded monkey on crack with broken fingers and wrists, do you think I'm going to take him seriously?

That is you, Somthor! A retarded monkey banging away. Your points are worthless because reading through the mess that is your posts is like trying to understand someone who speaks in pig latin. It's possible, but it's more trouble than you are worth.

[ 12-04-2003: Message edited by: Khyron ]

Canadian Mountee
posted 12-04-2003 02:24:41 PM
Both Gikk and Khyron are very good at flaming.
The World is Yours

posted 12-04-2003 02:26:00 PM
[QUOTE]Khyron's fortune cookie read:

what was wrong with my last post? It was a clear and consice rebuttle of the post that it was responding to. I'm afraid that you are mearly parroting the same essential thing over and over without looking at the merit of the post you respond to.

Khyron
posted 12-04-2003 02:26:13 PM
quote:
Canadian Mountee impressed everyone with:
Both Gikk and Khyron are very good at flaming.

You're banned from my FTP unless you send me one of those l337 coins that's silver on the outside and copper in the middle.

Bish.

Seriously, though, are you still unable to connect?

Canadian Mountee
posted 12-04-2003 02:28:20 PM
quote:
Khyron thought about the meaning of life:
You're banned from my FTP unless you send me one of those l337 coins that's silver on the outside and copper in the middle.

Bish.

Nah dude, Im good now. And if you give me your address, Ill consider sending you a toonie.

The World is Yours
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-04-2003 02:35:56 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Tron:

Bish.

Euros?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Khyron
posted 12-04-2003 02:51:43 PM
quote:
Somthor thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
[QUOTE]Khyron's fortune cookie read:

what was wrong with my last post? It was a clear and consice rebuttle of the post that it was responding to. I'm afraid that you are mearly parroting the same essential thing over and over without looking at the merit of the post you respond to.

quote:
Somthor, try again, nub. (Look at the words all in CAPS)
What was wrong with my last poist? It was a clear, CONCISE REBUTTAL of the post that it was responding to. I'm afraid that you are MERELY parroting the same essential thing over and over, without looking at the merit of the post you respond to.

Now, let's go over what was missing. Punctuation was! And what was messed up? Spelling was! Grammar was!

Somthor, I'm not parroting anything. I'm telling you that your opinion is worthless because you don't take the extra ten seconds it takes, to look over your post, fix missing capitalization, add in missing punctuation, and ask yourself, "Did I spell that right?". Sure, it's only a few marks here and there. But this, this was a SMALL post. On your big posts, they're everywhere (Apart from where you C&P stuff).

If you can't be bothered to take the time to spell your words right and make it clear and easily readable, why the fuck should I bother reading through it?

Sean
posted 12-04-2003 02:56:24 PM
quote:
Khyron thought about the meaning of life:
If you can't be bothered to take the time to spell your words right and make it clear and easily readable, why the fuck should I bother reading through it?

Teach him UBB code while you're at it.

Christ that's annoying.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Khyron
posted 12-04-2003 03:01:02 PM
[QUOTE]Teach him UBB code while you're at it.

Christ that's annoying.

Really, Sean? What do you mean?

But yeah, you have a point.

HAY NUBBIE SOMTHOR.

Quotes are done by using TWO tags!

[ quote ] and [ / quote ]

IE :

[quote]Bloodsage just pwnd me hard and my anus is still sore

Pathetic rebuttal of his points followed by meek apologies and grovelling.

Is WRONG.

However, in your defense... I can excuse UBB mistakes because you don't use UBB, well, all the time.

Spelling and grammar, however, should be part of your daily life, and you should have 34 years of experience under your belt. There's no excuse for being a shitty as hell at it. Even that lame Dyslexia excuse you put forth.

[ 12-04-2003: Message edited by: Khyron ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: