EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hoping Satan-mart gets a lump of coal
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-03-2003 03:54:01 PM
OH MY GOD THE OFFENSE.

.... please.

Just because one person you don't even know on a message board, where you have admittedly been acting like an asshole, says they don't think you should be carrying a loaded weapon is OFFENSIVE?

Hell, I'm sure that if Sage knew I knew nothing about guns, and when I tried archery, my aim was so bad I hit out a florescent light, he'd not want ME with a loaded weapon.

You are just pissed cause your catching shit from all sides for acting like the kid in elementary school who THOUGHT he knew everything, but, in fact, just knew enough of everything (very small amount) to make himself dangerous.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-03-2003 03:57:43 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Gikk was all like:
OH MY GOD THE OFFENSE.

.... please.

Just because one person you don't even know on a message board, where you have admittedly been acting like an asshole, says they don't think you should be carrying a loaded weapon is OFFENSIVE?

Hell, I'm sure that if Sage knew I knew nothing about guns, and when I tried archery, my aim was so bad I hit out a florescent light, he'd not want ME with a loaded weapon.

You are just pissed cause your catching shit from all sides for acting like the kid in elementary school who THOUGHT he knew everything, but, in fact, just knew enough of everything (very small amount) to make himself dangerous.

YAY GIKK! *hands her a cheesecake*

/agrees as well.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-03-2003 04:06:31 PM
I hate cheesecake.

In fact, I hate anything even remotely involving cream cheese.

BeauChan
posted 12-03-2003 04:14:00 PM
quote:
So quoth Gikk:
I hate cheesecake.

In fact, I hate anything even remotely involving cream cheese.

okayy...

*gives Gikk bananas!*

heehee

can you please fix my title
posted 12-03-2003 04:25:25 PM
Im offended becuse I am a decent law abiding person who not only served my country in a honorable fashion I have had a carry permit for years. If i was the danger to my self and others that you suggest I'd be locked away somewhere.

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 04:29:12 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Im offended becuse I am a decent law abiding person who not only served my country in a honorable fashion I have had a carry permit for years. If i was the danger to my self and others that you suggest I'd be locked away somewhere.

There are a few difficulties with your argument:
1) Your entire story is still pretty skeptical. At this point, there is no reason to believe that you've done any of that.
2) The intelligence you've shown us indicates that you most likely would never be able to realize if you were a danger to others.
3) You're really not quite good at arguing. Please stop.

posted 12-03-2003 04:34:49 PM
I dont think many person ins prison or in a mental ward have 24/7 access to the internet. should be proof enough that at the very least Im not a danger to myself or others as if i were, I'd be dead or locked away by now.

I think i have shown my self to be a fairly well educated person of at least average intelligence, with the exception of at the worst poorly communicating my thoughts here. You jsut prefer to think of me in those negative terms and that doenst make it true.

no i am not very good at arguing sorry about that.

won't stop either.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-03-2003 04:37:38 PM
I kinda hope he doens't stop posting, it's sorta funny watching him dig his grave deeper and deeper, with the dirt falling right back on top of him.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 04:40:34 PM
quote:
This one time, at Somthor camp:
I dont think many person ins prison or in a mental ward have 24/7 access to the internet. should be proof enough that at the very least Im not a danger to myself or others as if i were, I'd be dead or locked away by now.

I think i have shown my self to be a fairly well educated person of at least average intelligence, with the exception of at the worst poorly communicating my thoughts here. You jsut prefer to think of me in those negative terms and that doenst make it true.

won't stop either.

You are entirely wrong on all of these points.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 12-03-2003 04:42:35 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Captain Planet:

won't stop either.

You're not very good at a lot of things, apparently.

Arguing. Spelling. Forming coherent thoughts.

posted 12-03-2003 04:44:19 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Khyron said this:
You're not very good at a lot of things, apparently.

Arguing. Spelling. Forming coherent thoughts.

I'd say the post you just quoted was a coherent thought. too bad this board doenst have a spell checker, i'd make good use of it.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 04:55:27 PM
quote:
Somthor startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:

Dude: you type like a dyslexic octopus, I've met more expressive walls, silly putty has more personality, and the Time Cube makes more sense.

The interesting thing about message boards, beyond the ever-popular anonymity, is that the face one presents to the world is strictly through one's ideas and the method in which one expresses them. Further, the other inhabitants of this electronic world owe you nothing--not even the time of day. Just as we are judged in daily life by how neatly and in what style we dress, we are judged in cyberspace by our written communication skills.

In this forum, you are the equivalent of a smelly dirty vagabond: you may be a wonderful person, but no one is going to get close enough to find out. Nor do we owe it to you to wade through awful spelling, atrocious grammar, and incoherent thought patterns in search of something to like.

The interesting thing about this message board is that, despite the apparent chaos, it is a close-knit community with a highly intellectual, generally well-informed populace. You'll find published authors, Harvard-educated lawyers, Air Force officers, college students in a variety of disciplines, artists, and a whole host of others frequenting the place. Several are also students of debate and rhetoric, and have little patience for logical fallacies.

So what does that mean for you, the aggressive newcomer? First, it means you should make an effort to put your best foot forward in terms of appearence. I absolutely guarantee you'll never be taken seriously while you type the way you do. Second, it means you shouldn't forcefully express opinions on subjects where you aren't well informed. It's almost certain someone around here has (or is willing to look up) the facts. Finally, it means you should craft your arguments using at least the basic rules of logic and debate. Fallacious arguments are an invitation to a verbal smackdown; too many bright people around here see right through BS.

You may be a wonderful guy, but it's not our job to search for the tender cherub under the Charles-Manson-meets-Jerry-Lewis exterior.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

posted 12-03-2003 05:29:49 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bloodsage wrote:
Dude: you type like a dyslexic octopus, I've met more expressive walls, silly putty has more personality, and the Time Cube makes more sense.

You may be a wonderful guy, but it's not our job to search for the tender cherub under the Charles-Manson-meets-Jerry-Lewis exterior.

Might be that I am dyslexic, and there is absoulutly no charles manson in my exterior. Thanks though for a well thought out comment.

I have a Opinion, like most people I wish to express them. I may not be a expert in the feild still I'll say what i have to say. You or someone else will say what you belive to be true and ideas will be exchanged and likly I'll learn somthing. The fact that so many well educated persons are here and so many experts in thier fields makes this an attractive open forum. People who wish to converse (however badly) will gravitate like moths to a open flame.

One of the definitions of insanity is repeating the same action over and over. It doenst say much for you and others who repeat the you are stupid,illiterate,moron etc etc dogma again and again. Great you think I'm dumb etc. I heard you the first few times, I adknowledge your opinions now lets move on.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 05:31:23 PM
Quit acting like a moron, then.

Seriously, have you ever considered at least trying to sound intelligent?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 05:39:59 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Somthor gently hums:
Might be that I am dyslexic, and there is absoulutly no charles manson in my exterior. Thanks though for a well thought out comment.

I have a Opinion, like most people I wish to express them. I may not be a expert in the feild still I'll say what i have to say. You or someone else will say what you belive to be true and ideas will be exchanged and likly I'll learn somthing. The fact that so many well educated persons are here and so many experts in thier fields makes this an attractive open forum. People who wish to converse (however badly) will gravitate like moths to a open flame.

One of the definitions of insanity is repeating the same action over and over. It doenst say much for you and others who repeat the you are stupid,illiterate,moron etc etc dogma again and again. Great you think I'm dumb etc. I heard you the first few times, I adknowledge your opinions now lets move on.

No, actually one of the definitions of insanity is not "repeating the same action over and over."

One of the symptoms of an obsessive/compulsive disorder may be. On the other hand, if people keep telling you something over and over, you might want to consider that it might have some basis either in truth or appearence.

And take steps to correct the situation.

You claim to be a great communicator. WTFY? That's patently not true.

Further, you keep on with the belief bullshit. Your problem is that you argue from a position of belief, which admits no ties to logic. The rest of use logic and fact to express our opinions. There's quite a difference in the two approaches.

Say what you want to say, dude. But listen to what others say, and start learning the basic rules of logic and coherent self-expression. It's not the fact that you're nearly always clueless and wrong that has people annoyed; it's the fact that you go on and on and on and on like some inane rhetorical Energizer bunny after your arguments have been definitively shot down.

{edit: clarity}

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Bloodsage ]

posted 12-03-2003 05:58:27 PM
I hate to say this, but you see the "ignore user button"? you dont like what i have to say or how i say it? please feel free.

I learned a bit about who you are, and its earned my respect. that being said :

Im 34 I'd guess you are at least as old as me if not a bit older. "Dude" is not part of my vocabulary and neither should it be in yours when addressing me.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 06:01:13 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Somthor:
I hate to say this, but you see the "ignore user button"? you dont like what i have to say or how i say it? please feel free.

Im 34 I'd guess you are at least as old as me if not a bit older. "Dude" is not part of my vocabulary and neither should it be in yours when addressing me.

Now check this out: you're wanting to be respected, but you refuse to change to accommodate the near-entirety of the boards (that is, not just one person) and now you start mouthing off like the twat you are.

Quit being such an abomination.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-03-2003 06:04:14 PM
quote:
From the book of Somthor, chapter 3, verse 16:

I'm 33, what's up d00d?

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Khyron
posted 12-03-2003 06:15:20 PM
quote:
This one time, at Somthor camp:

Wait, Somthor, are you telling me that someone 12 years older than me, has the typing skills of someone 12 years younger than I am?

I think the word 'Dude' should be the least of your worries right now.

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Khyron ]

BeauChan
posted 12-03-2003 06:17:32 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mr. Parcelan said this:
Now check this out: you're wanting to be respected, but you refuse to change to accommodate the near-entirety of the boards (that is, not just one person) and now you start mouthing off like the twat you are.

Quit being such an abomination.

As Parce said to me when I first came to the boards: Don't think that everyone here is going to conform to you. They won't. and everyone (almost) has been here longer. That must demand some kind of respect. try and do some research on the subject before you post. Correct spelling and grammar is always a plus, especially since you're 34.

This is not a flame, it's just advice to follow.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:18:43 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Somthor absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

Dude,

When you prove you're not wasting gravity, you'll get respect, and with that respect, perhaps, will come the luxury of choosing your preferred mode of address. Frankly, I'm not much interested in your vocabulary, either, other than as an object lesson in random collections of misspelled words.

Yes, I am older than you are.

The "ignor user" button is not a license to spout drivel. I choose not to ignore ignorance, but to address it. It's not your choice who replies or in what manner when you post. We are bounded by the rules of the forum, not your preference for being stroked.

You demand respect. It's not free: you have to do something to earn it. Having a pulse isn't sufficient. Your typing does not command respect. Your ability to express yourself does not command respect. Your absolute unwillingness to give in when proven wrong does not command respect. You made a good start in two instances, but reverted to unswerving belief mode in every other instance.

It's laudable that you've chosen this community to hang out. Now that you're here, though, you need to comply with the societal norms. It's that way in every group, and it's no different here. Don't fight it; you can't win. This is a forgiving bunch, though, and eccentricity within the overall bounds of EC societal norms is perfectly okay. First, however, you must show a willingness to get along within the bounds of what this community considers appropriate.

{edit: tpyo}

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Bloodsage ]

posted 12-03-2003 06:21:22 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about John Romero:
[QB]Now check this out: you're wanting to be respected, but you refuse to change to accommodate the near-entirety of the boards (that is, not just one person) and now you start mouthing off like the twat you are.

QB]

its not mouthing off. it was a polite request for two things

one to simply use the ignore function if neccecery

two not use the vernacular of a younger generation when addressing me.

Khyron
posted 12-03-2003 06:27:45 PM
(Psst, Sagey.... 'Ignore User' )
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-03-2003 06:28:58 PM
quote:
Somthor got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Might be that I am dyslexic.

No, and don't even claim to be. You make the rest of us look bad.

Your bad spelling, formating and such is JUST that, and has none of the typical issues associated with Dyslexia, and I feel you claiming that as your catchphrase excuse of the day rather offensive.

As well as the fact, even a dyslexic can form a coherant, well written, well formatted messages. Obviously.

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Faelynn LeAndris ]

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 06:29:40 PM
quote:
Somthor probably says this to all the girls:

So, you aren't offended by being called a retard, but you think you deserve to be addressed higher than "dude?"

Sorry, swine, you're the lowest form of life on these boards. You don't get to make demands.

So, answer the question, scumbag: do you even try anymore?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:30:23 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Khyron gently hums:
(Psst, Sagey.... 'Ignore User' )

Damn! Two typos in the same post.

You don't think it's contagious, do you?

*worries*

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 12-03-2003 06:31:10 PM
quote:
Because, Bloodsage... You are a puppet.

*worries*

Shit, we'd all have it by now.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:44:14 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Somthor gently hums:

What color is the sky on your world?

"Dude" is part and parcel of my generation's lingo. Yours too, if you're not really an elementary school kid pretending to be 34.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:45:09 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Black absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Shit, we'd all have it by now.

Whew.

Had me scared for a minute.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-03-2003 06:45:26 PM
Hey duder. ^_____^
Khyron
posted 12-03-2003 06:47:49 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Damn! Two typos in the same post.

*worries*

Don't beleive Black! It's highly contagious! I keep telling you to wear a mask and rubber gloves!

Next thing you know you'll be making a horribly thought-out flame full of spelling mistakes, and when you get called on it, you'll blame your estranged aunt who snuck into your room to post a flame on a message board she's never been on!

Khyron
posted 12-03-2003 06:49:41 PM
quote:
Gikk had this to say about pies:
Hey duder. ^_____^

I am now more thoroughly convinced than ever that you are in fact Lazzay, and merely wearing a clever disguise you made when you gutted Gikkwiny and stole her face!

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-03-2003 06:52:01 PM
quote:
How.... Bloodsage.... uughhhhhh:
What color is the sky on your world?

"Dude" is part and parcel of my generation's lingo. Yours too, if you're not really an elementary school kid pretending to be 34.

What 'sage said. I am almost 36 and "dude" is something from our generation. I still call people dude or dudette. It's no big thing.

posted 12-03-2003 06:55:09 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Faelynn LeAndris said:
No, and don't even claim to be. You make the rest of us look bad.

Your bad spelling, formating and such is JUST that, and has none of the typical issues associated with Dyslexia, and I feel you claiming that as your catchphrase excuse of the day rather offensive.

you mean you dont belive the following

Dyslexia Signs: Sequencing Difficulties

Many dyslexics have trouble with sequencing, i.e. perceiving something in sequence and also remembering the sequence. Naturally this will affect their ability to read and spell correctly. After all, every word consists of letters in a specific sequence. In order to read one has to perceive the letters in sequence, and also remember what word is represented by the sequence of letters in question. By simply changing the sequence of the letters in name, it can become mean or amen.

The following are a few of the dyslexia symptoms that indicate sequencing difficulties:

He may put syllables in the wrong order, reading animal as ‘aminal’, hospital as ‘hopsital’, enemy as ‘emeny’.

He may put words in the wrong order, reading are there for there are.

The dyslexic may write letters in the wrong order, spelling Simon as ‘Siomn’, time as ‘tiem’, child as ‘chidl’.

He may omit letters, i.e. reading or writing cat for cart, wet for went, sing for string.

Some dyslexics suffer from poor handwriting skills. The word dysgraphia is often used to describe a difficulty in this area, and is characterized by the following symptoms:

Generally illegible writing.
Letter inconsistencies.
Mixture of upper/lower case letters or print/cursive letters.
Irregular letter sizes and shapes.
Unfinished letters.
Struggle to use writing as a communicative tool.
The language of mathematics is often poorly understood by the dyslexic up until the age of twelve — and even beyond. The word dyscalculia is often used to refer to this problem.

Difficulties with math can be identified by the following symptoms:

The dyslexic may have a problem with numbers and calculations involving adding, subtracting and time tables.

He may be confused by similar-looking mathematical signs: + and ×; –, ÷ and =; < (less than) and > (greater than).

He may not grasp that the words ‘difference’, ‘reduction’ and ‘minus’ all suggest ‘subtraction’.

He may understand the term ‘adding’, yet be thrown if asked to ‘find the total’.
The dyslexic may reverse numbers, and read or write 17 for 71.
He may transpose numbers i.e., 752 – 572.
He may have a difficulty with mental arithmetic.
Around 60 percent of dyslexics have difficulty with basic mathematics. Some dyslexics are only numerically dyslexic.

Other dyslexia symptoms include:

Loses orientation on a line or page while reading, missing lines or reading previously-read lines again.

Mispronounces words, or puts stress on the wrong syllables.

Reads only in the present tense although the text is in the past.

Foreshortens words, for example ‘portion’ for proportion.

Substitutes another word of similar meaning, for example dog for pup.

Omits prefixes, omits suffixes or adds suffixes.

Spells words as they sound, for example ‘rite’ for right.

Often ignores punctuation. He may omit full stops or commas and fail to see the need for capital letters.

doenst describe me? there is a previous post where i mentioned i couldnt pass spanish and I failed algrebra 6 times, you think I made that up?

Please jsut look at my posts and the above and THEN tell me I'm not dyslexic. After that if you still have a problem accepting it then PM your home phone number I'll call you and get you in touch with my former educators.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 12-03-2003 06:59:25 PM
It's like slowing down to watch the wreck. I just can't avert my eyes.....
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-03-2003 07:00:49 PM
quote:
Sith Lord Nae impressed everyone with:
What 'sage said. I am almost 36 and "dude" is something from our generation. I still call people dude or dudette. It's no big thing.

OMGZ you lie! You're only like 25.. admit it!

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-03-2003 07:01:07 PM
*wanders in with some popcorn and a "Go Team 'sage!" flag*

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Xyrra ]

&nbsp;
posted 12-03-2003 07:03:52 PM
OK this thread is a mess, I'm sorry I ever posted it. you win etc etc please jsut let it die.

thank you

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-03-2003 07:03:54 PM
quote:
Khyron wrote this then went back to looking for porn:
I am now more thoroughly convinced than ever that you are in fact Lazzay, and merely wearing a clever disguise you made when you gutted Gikkwiny and stole her face!

.... Ew. D;

That sounds painful.

Now time to play Okage! ^_^

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-03-2003 07:04:34 PM
quote:
Jajahotep stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
OMGZ you lie! You're only like 25.. admit it!

*eats the compliment with chocolate!*

Nope.. I will be 36 in January. I am trying to catch Callalron.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: