EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Theatre Antiquitis
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 02-11-2004 01:38:31 PM
Bear Form sucks... When the ENEMY uses it, you get raped... When you use it, it just sucks. And what sucks is it costs nothing to use, so enemies that should die really fast when you get up to em switch when you are in melee range so they can take the damage AND Dish out the damage... Then when you move away, they go back to killing you with insanely powerful ranged attacks.

Series Missions also suck, as does the Night of the Dead series which is just BEGGING for pain.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-11-2004 01:45:51 PM
/flex

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 02-11-2004 01:57:01 PM
quote:
Black had this to say about Knight Rider:
/flex

STFU, thats why you are only listed as "Support" bish.. Instead of any REAL faction class. Oh.. and your Women are FUGLY.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-11-2004 01:58:33 PM
<hugs Fae> Have a cookie! It supercharges you for action action action!

^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 02-11-2004 05:23:31 PM
I beat Gladius. It was fun. I didn't need Peltasts or Gungnir. 1 Amazon, 1 Archer, and Eiji was all the range I needed.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-11-2004 07:08:34 PM
Hmm...bears...Stay as behind the beast as possible, use hit and run tactics, scenery, and the longest range weapons you can afford; either bows or longspears. Hit and run with a sword if necessary...absolute worst case scenario, whip off your belt and get on the thing's back and stabby-stab with your gladius.

DEATH TO THE VORBEAR!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-25-2004 09:37:55 PM
bitmup.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-26-2004 12:26:06 AM
Vorbear must die.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-26-2004 12:28:33 AM
such hate
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-26-2004 12:32:05 AM
The citizens want blood. And it shall not be mine! DEATH TO THE VORBEAR! We who are about to die don't want to!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-26-2004 12:39:49 AM
Maybe tomorrow. I'm very lazy.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-14-2004 08:38:05 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Sakkra stammered:
Maybe tomorrow. I'm very lazy.

It's been almost three weeks. Furthermore, I just rented Gladius and it is leet.

Schnell Schnell! To the arena!

"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-15-2004 12:15:07 AM
There was much cheering as the next two combatants were brought forth. The first was a slender man clad in simple leather armor. He clutched a long steel dagger in his hand, and shifted his weight between each foot. Sakkra announced the man simply as Gains, for he refused to acknowledge him by his full name.

The second was recognized by people who watched the games in Nordagh as Vorbis, a hulking white bear, huge even by beasts standards. Scars and cut spots in his fur covered his body, but he moved with a strange grace and quickness toward the center of the arena.

With little ado, Sakkra signaled the start of the match. Vorbis was quick to act, and lunged forward, standing on his hind legs as he swatted at Gains with a heavy, clawed paw. However Gains was quick, and deftly jumped over the bear's swipe, and drove his dagger into the beast's belly. That was quick.

But things wouldn't be so easy for the man, as Vorbis swatted him aside, the dagger barely piercing past the bear's thick fat, let alone into anything vital. Luckily Gains was able to hang onto his dagger, which was now coated in blood.

Vorbis was quick to respond as the human was down, and charged, standing up only to bring both paws down in an attempt to crush his torso. Gains rolled to the side however, and swung his dagger blindly. He managed to nick the bear, slicing a bit of fur, but accomplishing little else.

The bear roared in rage, and tried his attack again. And once more Gains rolled to the side. But this time the bear had anticipated his foe, and brought his right paw down hard, mauling Gains at the right knee. Bone splintered like balsa wood against a hammer, and shards stuck out through the pierced skin.

Gains tried to kick at the bear with his good leg to knock him off, but that would be a mistake. For the northern beast caught the bandit's foot as it drew near, and ripped it from his body with no apparent effort. Gains screamed in pain, knowing the end was near. Or so he thought.

For Vorbis wasn't interested in finishing him off, he was merely hungry. Taking his new piece of meat, he began to eat greedily, feasting on the man's flesh, leaving what was left bleeding and powerless on the floor, as the life flowed out of him in a crimson river.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-15-2004 05:09:56 AM
Goddamn, I told you. That Vorbis, always eating!

Bravo Finish plz.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-15-2004 12:45:50 PM
Awesome well worth the wait dooder.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-15-2004 05:20:25 PM
I wonder if I'm tasty? *bites self* Mmmmm....Gains...

Good work, Sakkra. *munches happily*

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-15-2004 06:41:29 PM
quote:
Bajah impressed everyone with:
Goddamn, I told you. That Vorbis, always eating!

Bravo Finish plz.

I'm so fat

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-15-2004 06:43:49 PM
So now it's the Satyr against the Centurion?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 03-15-2004 09:30:50 PM
I'm not dead yet!

I don't want to go on the cart!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-16-2004 12:11:55 AM
Jesus guys, we all know Deth is going to rape Puggy in the ass with an acid-coated pinecone, metaphorically speaking of course. Do I really need to bother?
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-22-2004 03:26:35 PM
A roar of applause erupted as the final two fighters were brought forth. The first was instantly recognized by imperial citizens as the former general Ja'Deth. Despite his successes on the battlefield, he was too cruel to his opponents for even the Emporer's tastes, and was relieved of duty. Probably for the best, as his brutal style always brought in big crowds at the arena.

The second fighter was a satyr, a creature rarely seen in civilized lands. They were once a powerful force, and to this day mothers tell naughty children that the satyrs and minotaurs are coming for them. But that was from another age, when they terrorized the fledgling Empire, before falling victim to their own vices. The satyr carried a dagger in one hand, and a steel stein in the other.

Deth on the other hand wielded a shield forged of dark iron, with gold inlays that contrasted the unsettling color. His sword was long and jagged, likely unsuited to warfare, but perfect for the one-on-one matches here. He sneered as he stepped forward, and his opponent moved to meet him.

Ja'Deth made the first move, thrusting his sword forward. But he did not anticipate the satyr's quickness as he ducked underneath it and spun to the side. He swung his stein and connected with Deth's helmet, causing a resounding CLANG to echo through the arena, the reverberations sending Deth stumbling back and the crowd laughing uproariously. The fact that Puggy paused to take a swig while his foe was disoriented also caused no small amount of chuckles.

The human was not amused however. He shook his head from side to side, brushing off the effects, and beckoned for his foe. Most humans wouldn't take such an obvious bait, but then again forest creatures aren't known for their patience. He lunged forward, thrusting his dagger at Deth, who merely sneered.

With amazing speed, Deth pivoted and thrust his sword forward, sinking through the beast's right shoulder. The human lifted him up, and the crowd laughed at the sight of Puggy's coat leg's flailing. Though Deth did decide to let him down.

It was just the manner in which he did it that Puggy didn't care for. Deth pushed forward with his blade, letting the sharp metal tear effortlessly through sinew and muscle, until the arm was severed at the shoulder, and the force knocked him on his rear. This could easily be considered a match-winning battle. But Deth was not done yet.

He stepped forward, grinning down at his foe as he reached for his dagger for what was presumably a last attempt. But it wouldn't happen. Deth thrust his sword deep into the satyr's waist, impaling him into the ground. Were his sword wider, he would have cleft the creature in two.

"The problem with your kind," He taunted as he stooped down to take the stein from Puggy, interrupting his sentence with a swig of honey mead "Is that you never think. You are beasts, and you need sense beaten into you." He said as he sat upon Puggy's chest, and swung a hard punch at his face.

The crowd cheered after hearing the crunch of the steel gauntlet against cheekbone, but it wasn't over yet. Punch after punch after punch was thrown as Deth recited a litany of Imperial superiority. He was not done for 15 minutes, after which the satyr was long dead from either blood loss, shock, or having his face caved in, but the pummeling did not stop until the speech was over, leaving Puggy's face so disfigured it was unlikely anything but maggots would feast on the remains. And even that was a stretch.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 03-22-2004 09:05:01 PM
Now I have to get these Puggy-shaped dents in my gauntlets hammered out.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-22-2004 09:08:05 PM

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-22-2004 11:50:10 PM
quote:
Sakkra's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
"...Those that live will fight alongside their teammates in the final."

With that, he pulled two dust-encrusted dice from his robe pocket, each with 12 sides and threw them upon the ground.

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited by: Black ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-23-2004 12:57:20 AM
Fuck, forgot about that part... ok... SUPER CHEESY COPOUT ATTACK!!

Team 1s roll for 5 survivors 1d5 => 3
Team 2s roll for 5 survivors 1d5 => 3

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-23-2004 12:57:58 AM
Let's try this again

1d5 => 4
1d5 => 2

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: