EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tarot help
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-15-2003 01:26:28 AM
I wondered how this thread got to page 4...now I know.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 09-15-2003 01:40:49 AM
I realize I'm replying to stuff on page 2, because I havn't bene here.. oh.. all weekend.

Anyway.

The friend of mine I see all of 2 weeks every year. She does drugs, and... I see it's effects on her every year.

While she's NOT the smartest person, by far, If I made her reconsider ONE of her life choices, then I'm happy. I'm not saying Tarot is magical.

I'm just saying it makes you consider things you may not have before. That's ALL. And I think that reconsidering or noticing things is a GOOD THING. I don't "consulte the cards" every time I breathe. Hell, I havn't done a reading in over 3 months. But when I have a problem, I go ahead, and do a 9 card spread, and write down the cards, and try and write out my problems, and try and find details I missed just by mself.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-15-2003 01:43:16 AM
quote:
i wnt Ace in the Spade's blz 2 die:
Sorry if you find it insulting when people rip your ridiculous arguments to shreds--don't say stupid shit, and that won't happen.
This just keeps getting better and better.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 09-15-2003 01:54:38 AM
quote:
Ace in the Spade wrote this stupid crap:
Let review for a moment shall we?

Bloodsage was the first to begin insulting me, then later you an Parce both jumped in. I also did some flaming but I'm not trying to deny it either. However I did ask publicy for you to refrain from insulting me. "So I ask you not to agree but merely to keep your own opinions while others keep theirs. And if you are moved in some manner to speak your mind. Do so in a respectable manner that gives evidence to your conclusion rather than trying dismiss the quilificatiosn of the other person" So drak and the other two musketeers of evil, the next time you decide to quote forum rules watch it. Because I only respond in kind if given shit.
And when your forum rules says "If it continues, publically ask them to stop." which I did, and then you don't well guess what? I believe that makes you the wrong doers now doesnt it? But perhaps I'm just to new to the boards to understand how it works. Either way, be civil and I'll be civil, don't and I won't.

Heh heh heh. You think this is abuse? You honestly think I was abusive to you? Up until you started blatantly throwing insults, I adhered fully to proper debate protocol. That is, I never insulted you. I used some colorful metaphors, because colorful metaphors best illustrate a point, but I never insulted you. REFUTED you, maybe, but recognize that I make an active attempt to be NICE in my debates. When people are civil with me, I'm civil with them. Same as you said.

But then you started flinging insults around. Yes, they were in response to other people. Good for you. But you shouldn't respond in kind to those things, if they hurt you so much. Responding in kind is asking for another salvo.

And once you got vitriolic enough, I figured you weren't interested in polite debate so much as "Internet debate" - a completely different animal altogether. Internet debate is the realm of Bloodsage, and he is DAMN good at it. So, I posted this:

quote:
So stop abusing science for your proof. Just believe in the damn thing, and be done with it.

Insulting? Mildly, I know. But consider what I said there. I basically told you to get out of Dodge before the sherriff came in. Trading insults with Parcelan and Bloodsage is not a great way to ingratiate yourself to the boards, unless you can do it REALLY REALLY well. Better than you were doing it, in any case.

And then you went for the "I know more than you, so listen to me" route. I detest people trying to win a debate with the basic argument of "I'm better than you are." And at that point, I figured you weren't at all interested in polite conversational discourse.

And then you admitted to being a troll, and lost even the tiniest bit of my interest I still had on your regard. But I tried to point you to Flameball, where you won't get blasted for breaking the rules as you did. You're not making it easier on yourself.

Here's the basic score:
+ Insults don't break the rules. Trolling does.
+ Insults don't mean we hate you. They're to make the point more interesting for all the people who read it.
+ If insults hurt you so much, I'd suggest mentioning it early - and I'd also suggest not responding with more insults.
+ Just because people hurt your feelings, doesn't mean you have the recourse to be an ass over it.
+ Someone pointing out the flaws in your argument is not the same as someone calling you a cockbiter. Even if they use it in their argument, it's directed at the argument until you make the debate personal.
+ Seriously, leave the thread. You're not doing yourself any favours remaining here.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-15-2003 01:57:40 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Drakkenmaw:
I detest people trying to win a debate with the basic argument of "I'm better than you are."

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-15-2003 10:24:39 AM
okay, I'll tell you all now, I didn't read past the second page. (and the one I happen to land on now.)

Mog, I completely concur with what you said. No one would have said anything if she was a regular poster, just given her a helpful link and moved on.

As for my beliefs, I'm with Trillee here. and don't say that I'm a "me too" person, I've been doing this for almost 5 years now, and I'm quite happy.

Skaw and Bloodsage, I just don't know what to say to you...

As for the deck definitions Jess, I have a book on them, if you want to borrow it. I should be coming through Burlington on Thanksgiving Weekend.

Ash, I never knew that you wanted a deck, I could have taken you to mystasia in Hamilton before it closed down! Oh well, later! (Maybe for a b-day present? )

And I don't remember who it was who pointed out that Jess didn't say she believed in them, that she just asked for definitions, but that's true as well. no one needed to shove this "It's not true! It's not true!" shit down her throat, all she asked for was a goddamn definition.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 10:27:41 AM
I don't care if you call me what ever you like. But I do find it rather annoying when people try to justify their own actions through rules they've broken. You've stepped over some of the rules so have I. And as far as I'm concerned this debate is over. It was after I rescinded my argument. But others and yourself continue to propogate it so here we are. Until some one with a bit more authority tells me that my behaviour to date has been of a grievous or hurtful nature to the boards, then I will do what they say. But you? Drak, I care not at at all of what you have to say to me. Keeping talkign my chittering bird. Everyone else, I believe if you move on and stop flaming me, then I will remain quiet or give my constructed thoughts as I have doen in other threads. Once again. If you stop so will I. You continue to push I'll push back. If you continue to insult me, I will continue to respond in kind and you'll never have that peace of mind you've been asking for.

[ 09-15-2003: Message edited by: Ace in the Spade ]

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-15-2003 10:52:18 AM
I haven't broke any rules, so I'll tell you.

Just let it go and walk away. So far, you have used EVERY SINGLE LAME ASS TRICK that people who get beat up in arguments use around here. "You don't understand my logic", "I'm too smart for you", "I don't give a shit what you think" and the every popular many, many more.

You even tried setting yourself up as some dipshit troll, talking about how you manipulated everyone. Nuh uh. Nobody here even remotely thinks of you as some Bond-level supervillain, able to make folks dance at the end of a string. Get over yourself.

There's enough folks here with enough smarts in enough different subject areas that if someone tries to run a line of bullshit past us, they WILL get called on it. Guess what? You got called on it. You can either sulk and throw a tantrum about it, like you have been, or you could try, ya know, learning from it, like an adult.

And a bit of friendly advice the next time to argue a point here. If you assert that something exists, the burden of proof is on you to prove that it is so, not on them to prove it isn't. And saying "It is because I say so", doesn't count. ESPECIALLY around here. People don't HAVE to disprove your arguments. It's just a perq for them. And it's so easy to do, it has a certain puppy-kicking quality to it.

So learn from this or don't. Personally I don't give a rat's ass if you do or not. You've already dug yourself into a monumentally deep hole, for what my opinion matter. You've got a hell of a climb before you get out.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Drakkenmaw
posted 09-15-2003 11:15:34 AM
Please, read my orientation thread. Go ahead - I wrote it to be helpful. Or you could ignore it, I suppose. No harm to me, either way.

Oh, and the suggestion that my "peace of mind" depends on you was quite funny. I assure you, my inner tranquility has not been disturbed by anything you've said. Frankly, you've been a laugh - but I'd really suggest getting over yourself. Can't do anything but help.

In any case, my class for the day is over. So I'm going to take a nap. It's been a pleasure, as always, and I'm sure you've struck fear into the hearts of all with your crushing logic. Have a truly nice day.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 11:46:01 AM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I haven't broke any rules, so I'll tell you.

Just let it go and walk away. So far, you have used EVERY SINGLE LAME ASS TRICK that people who get beat up in arguments use around here. "You don't understand my logic", "I'm too smart for you", "I don't give a shit what you think" and the every popular many, many more.

You even tried setting yourself up as some dipshit troll, talking about how you manipulated everyone. Nuh uh. Nobody here even remotely thinks of you as some Bond-level supervillain, able to make folks dance at the end of a string. Get over yourself.

There's enough folks here with enough smarts in enough different subject areas that if someone tries to run a line of bullshit past us, they WILL get called on it. Guess what? You got called on it. You can either sulk and throw a tantrum about it, like you have been, or you could try, ya know, learning from it, like an adult.

And a bit of friendly advice the next time to argue a point here. If you assert that something exists, the burden of proof is on you to prove that it is so, not on them to prove it isn't. And saying "It is because I say so", doesn't count. ESPECIALLY around here. People don't HAVE to disprove your arguments. It's just a perq for them. And it's so easy to do, it has a certain puppy-kicking quality to it.

So learn from this or don't. Personally I don't give a rat's ass if you do or not. You've already dug yourself into a monumentally deep hole, for what my opinion matter. You've got a hell of a climb before you get out.

Actually you are quite right. I've probably been an ass to many people. In any event, the burden of proof does lie on me. In the spirit of things going back to my early statement, that you shouldn't dismiss Tarot cards because they most times appear to be incorrect can be seen here. http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm#believes
Its a quite detailed essay faq on what the many worlds theory in qunatum mechanics deals with. If you look through it you'll see that what I said about Tarot cards being right in some realities, and there is the small chance you might be in that on for that given reading. Thats why I said you should use them as a guide to examine things because you never do know really if it could be true. Some of what I said probably has nto been in the best of taste or logic but oh well. I hope this clears what I was trying to say up a bit.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 11:49:45 AM
quote:
Ace in the Spade thought about the meaning of life:
Actually you are quite right. I've probably been an ass to many people. In any event, the burden of proof does lie on me. In the spirit of things going back to my early statement, that you shouldn't dismiss Tarot cards because they most times appear to be incorrect can be seen here. http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm#believes
Its a quite detailed essay faq on what the many worlds theory in qunatum mechanics deals with. If you look through it you'll see that what I said about Tarot cards being right in some realities, and there is the small chance you might be in that on for that given reading. Thats why I said you should use them as a guide to examine things because you never do know really if it could be true. Some of what I said probably has nto been in the best of taste or logic but oh well. I hope this clears what I was trying to say up a bit.

Still doesn't make sense though. In that case I should probably take a bite out of my desk when I'm hungry on the off chance that I might be in a reality in which it's edible.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 01:04:38 PM
It makes sense, there is the possibility that the cards are you telling you an accurate account of whats going to happen. However if you take things with a zero probability as in digesting steel for vitamin c, then it won't ever happen. However more abstract things like fortune tellings can happen in the many worlds idea. When the fortune is read, the reality splits and you have one of two options either it works or it doesnt. However the probability that you happen to go into one where it works is very very slim but it does exist. That is why over time and number of tries some people do believe in Tarot cards or physic readings. On occasion they happen to be right. And do to some ideas in quantum mechanics the act of predicting those events can create or effect the events.

SunGryphon
Nub nub nu...THWACK!
posted 09-15-2003 02:06:35 PM
I skipped the majority of this post when it started turning into a flaming pissing contest. So I'm replying back to where it was still civil.

I do and have done Tarot readings for my mom for the past 10 years. She asks me to do a reading every time she has a major life decision (new job, moving out of state, etc) and in EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE the cards have been correct. I am talking about the bare bones basic meanings of the cards.

I throw the cards, look up the meanings in the book, and report the results. I don't try to make any mystical thing about it, I don't meditate or do anything like that. I just open the box, dump the cards and go.

Sure, it could all be coincidence. But after having so many 'right' readings and so few 'wrong' readings over the years... eh... it's hard to say it's coincidence.

Nub, nub me do.
~+~+~
Nub... nub... nub!
Nub is all doo need!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-15-2003 02:15:07 PM
Ace. . .wtfbbq?

The fact that I was laughing at your ACT scores before I saw them should've been a clue. Sorry I don't remember my ACT scores: 21 years is a long time. For your peace of mind, though, I'll mention that I scored 790 on the analytical and 720 on the verbal. Oh, and I have a Master's degree in English with a 4.0 GPA.

And, for your information, saying that reading comprehension has nothing to do with literary superiority simply confirms the depths of your ignorance on the subject. Reading comprehension is merely a subset of literary skills.

You are familiar with set theory. . . ? Of course; you're probably an expert.

Anyway, claiming u rede gud but that it has nothing to do with literary skill is pretty ironic. But if you really want a lesson on the subject, I'll be happy to go Grammar Nazi on your ass.

And did you not read Karnaj's very early post telling you the many worlds theory is passe? Using quantum mechanics to justify tarot is almost as silly as using the second law of thermodynamics to justify God. It may work on the uninformed, but anyone with the least clue sees right through it.

Further, you need to separate yourself from your arguments. Calling your argument silly/stupid/uniformed/dripping with spooge may not be the ego-stroking you hoped for, but doesn't represent a personal insult. I'm fine with simple flaming, too, but I doubt you can hang there much longer than you could in a discussion of quantum physics or literary skills. But, as has been pointed out, cease with the random crap in lieu of argument. Either flame or argue, but lay off the bullshit claims of Dr. No style manipulation.

We see through that even more quickly than poor science or logic.

You're like a dude in a Hong Kong action flick who walks into a barroom full of rowdy Kung Fu masters and thinks, "Hell, I read a book on boxing once--I can take these guys." It's funny, but how can you not be mortified?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

nem-x
posted 09-15-2003 02:17:11 PM
SunGryphon
Nub nub nu...THWACK!
posted 09-15-2003 02:36:46 PM
Hi Bloodsage
Nub, nub me do.
~+~+~
Nub... nub... nub!
Nub is all doo need!
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 02:49:47 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Bloodsage:
[QB]Ace. . .wtfbbq?
And did you not read Karnaj's very early post telling you the many worlds theory is passe? Using quantum mechanics to justify tarot is almost as silly as using the second law of thermodynamics to justify God

QB]

Apparently your missing what Im saying. According to the theory you can possibly in a reality where Tarot cards work for you every time. Yes its so infentisimally small of a chance that it happen you can basically rule it out. Granted its still a possibility. Thats it. Basically I saw a theory wasn't sure if it was still upto date but just a comment about it. Thats about it. Im thrilled you've invested so much time countering my argument, but as Callalron said the burden of prooof is on me. Ive shown you what I've based my point on, but so far all you've given me are empty words of how your better than I am. Show me something that tells me I'm wrong other than someone posting on this board and from a credible scource and I'll cede the point. Otherwise this is something I found thought it might be interesting to talk about and so posted a comment on it.
Oh no, grammer nazi on me. I personally don't really care if I forget a comma here or there. The vast majority can understand what I'm saying so I'm not overly concerned with your opinions. Perhaps instead of making more attacks on me, you back what your saying with some sites and let others look at where you're coming from. Otherwise you just look like an ass who enjoys trying to rip apart what people say. If thats the self image you go for, then let me know so I can put you on ignore.

SunGryphon
Nub nub nu...THWACK!
posted 09-15-2003 02:57:27 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ace in the Spade wrote:
I personally don't really care if I forget a comma here or there.

You apparenly also don't care that you don't even use proper English in forming your sentences. For example: "According to the theory you can possibly in a reality where Tarot cards work for you every time."

That is downright painful to read.

Nub, nub me do.
~+~+~
Nub... nub... nub!
Nub is all doo need!
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 03:33:01 PM
I never claimed reading what i write is painless. Its more of being lazy on my part. But really I've seen worse on these boards and don't give it much thought. People make mistakes form time to time, oh well move on.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 09-15-2003 03:35:52 PM
quote:
Kilauea got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
You apparenly also don't care that you don't even use proper English in forming your sentences. For example: "According to the theory you can possibly in a reality where Tarot cards work for you every time."

That is downright painful to read.

See, Kila, I stopped reading Ace's posts..

But you made me experience the stupidity... My brain hurts.

Sean
posted 09-15-2003 03:39:21 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade's account was hax0red to write:
I never claimed reading what i write is painless. Its more of being lazy on my part. But really I've seen worse on these boards and don't give it much thought. People make mistakes form time to time, oh well move on.

Expressing your thoughts intelligently puts much more weight behind their meaning.

Hence the reason nobody gives a shit about what Mog says.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 09-15-2003 03:40:50 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Captain Planet:
Expressing your thoughts intelligently puts much more weight behind their meaning.

Hence the reason nobody gives a shit about what Mog says.

So true.

The World is Yours
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 09-15-2003 03:46:38 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Sean!

Hence the reason nobody gives a shit about what Liam says.

lollllzzzzzz

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-15-2003 03:51:02 PM
quote:
Kilauea startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Hi Bloodsage

Heyas!

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-15-2003 04:12:44 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Apparently your missing what Im saying. According to the theory you can possibly in a reality where Tarot cards work for you every time. Yes its so infentisimally small of a chance that it happen you can basically rule it out. Granted its still a possibility. Thats it. Basically I saw a theory wasn't sure if it was still upto date but just a comment about it. Thats about it. Im thrilled you've invested so much time countering my argument, but as Callalron said the burden of prooof is on me. Ive shown you what I've based my point on, but so far all you've given me are empty words of how your better than I am. Show me something that tells me I'm wrong other than someone posting on this board and from a credible scource and I'll cede the point. Otherwise this is something I found thought it might be interesting to talk about and so posted a comment on it.
Oh no, grammer nazi on me. I personally don't really care if I forget a comma here or there. The vast majority can understand what I'm saying so I'm not overly concerned with your opinions. Perhaps instead of making more attacks on me, you back what your saying with some sites and let others look at where you're coming from. Otherwise you just look like an ass who enjoys trying to rip apart what people say. If thats the self image you go for, then let me know so I can put you on ignore.

So. . .when, for your next trick, you claim a geocentric universe are we supposed to do more than point out that the idea went out of style with Copernicus? So what if Aristarchus thought of it first? Do you really need a diagram showing how the heliocentric model better explains the observed motions of the planets?

Karnaj neatly countered your argument. Deal.

And, for someone who claims supergodlike reading ability--and chastises anyone who doesn't immediately bow down before your silly argument style on the basis they must not be able to read--it seems ironic you're apathetic about your ability to write. After all, if this is all my fault because I'm a sloppy reader, that implies that what you have written is perfectly clear and correct.

If what you've written is flawed, then perhaps more than my reading ability needs questioned, eh? Like I said, though: keep touting your ability with the language and see how long you survive. You brought up the reading ability thing, after all.

And why should I link to sites to explain myself? "It's on a web page, so it must be true!" is hardly a winning debate strategy, dude. Feel free to speak up if you can ever actually refute an argument against you.

Finally, does your "vast majority" have names? Using this single thread as basis, I'd say the vast majority think you're a bonehead and should shut up while you're behind. Or is your "vast majority" also the "silent majority"?

Neener.

SunGryphon
Nub nub nu...THWACK!
posted 09-15-2003 04:26:19 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny had this to say about Knight Rider:
See, Kila, I stopped reading Ace's posts..

But you made me experience the stupidity... My brain hurts.

I sowwy Gikky! Please forgive me! I think I'll be ignoring anything posted by Ace now, as well.

Nub, nub me do.
~+~+~
Nub... nub... nub!
Nub is all doo need!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-15-2003 04:48:42 PM
YOU LOVE THE MIDDLE AGES, DON'T YOU, MAGGOT?! THE THOUGHT OF A GEOCENTRIC UNIVERSE MAKES YOU SEXUALLY EXCITED!
Taskmaster Bajah
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 05:07:05 PM
Things seem to have cooled down. So I may be able to let this thread eek (yes, I said eek!) by.

Hm. To lock or not to lock.

Let's put it to a vote! Should I establish dominance on this thread?

yes or no check 1 plz

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-15-2003 05:08:18 PM
I always vote Republican.
Drakkenmaw
posted 09-15-2003 05:37:06 PM
I don't really think it should be locked, nor anyone punished. Ace may have broken the rules in wording, but he didn't really actually break them. He wasn't really trolling, so much as saying he was. And everyone else, so far as I can tell, stayed within the bounds of the debate/argument for the most part.

I believe I can safely say that the discussion is pretty much over. I also think Ace should probably get a second chance, since he wasn't exactly familiar with the way the debate threads work here - besides, given some time and some English lessons, he could make for at the very least an entertaining member of the board community.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 09-15-2003 05:38:02 PM
Checks 1.

^_~

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-15-2003 06:53:06 PM
I would say "close it," but then Ace might not get a chance to shed another one of his pearls of wisdom. So I vote for leaving it open.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 07:53:17 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's account was hax0red to write:
So. . .when, for your next trick, you claim a geocentric universe are we supposed to do more than point out that the idea went out of style with Copernicus? So what if Aristarchus thought of it first? Do you really need a diagram showing how the heliocentric model better explains the observed motions of the planets?

Karnaj neatly countered your argument. Deal.

And, for someone who claims supergodlike reading ability--and chastises anyone who doesn't immediately bow down before your silly argument style on the basis they must not be able to read--it seems ironic you're apathetic about your ability to write. After all, if this is all my fault because I'm a sloppy reader, that implies that what you have written is perfectly clear and correct.

If what you've written is flawed, then perhaps more than my reading ability needs questioned, eh? Like I said, though: keep touting your ability with the language and see how long you survive. You brought up the reading ability thing, after all.

And why should I link to sites to explain myself? "It's on a web page, so it must be true!" is hardly a winning debate strategy, dude. Feel free to speak up if you can ever actually refute an argument against you.

Finally, does your "vast majority" have names? Using this single thread as basis, I'd say the vast majority think you're a bonehead and should shut up while you're behind. Or is your "vast majority" also the "silent majority"?

Neener.

First things first. On the part of your reading, if you can't understand what I'm typing say so. Thats a bit healthier for debate then trying to make the other person look dumb. If you can understand what I'm typing and you obviously did because you kept replying to what I wrote, which implies some degree of comprehension. Then you shouldn't need me to repeat myself until you begin arguing over what I'm saying.

No, I do not need an example of a heliocentric model because I can find things on it if need be. All you've done and still are doing is telling me things with no backing. When you're in disagreement with someone you usually don't insult them and then continue to expect them to believe what you say. Give me a couple links that explain the validity of your views and I'll happily join you in denouncing Tarot cards and what I've written.

And the question, "why should I link sites to what I say," is absurd. If you have a Masters in English then I would hope you would understand the reasons why people cite things and also the need to support your assertions with things people can check. Telling me I'm wrong doesn't mean I am. Showing and proving I'm wrong does. So I ask for your information. Find some things from credible scources on the net, and if they concur with your assertions then I'll believe you, otherwise no. Simply no.

And the vast majority I speak of is everyone who has read my earlier posts. They bear witness to what I speak of. And if you want to check how far back my postings go, by all means. I've been around for close to a year and post quite often. Perhaps it escaped your notice but others have read what I've written before and some have agreed while others have disagreed. Most more civily than you.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2003 10:00:55 PM
Leave it open and have some popcorn LOG.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 10:04:39 PM
I grow weary of posting on this thread. Its been fun, and do I get any popcorn?
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2003 10:05:41 PM
No.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 09-15-2003 10:06:52 PM
eke
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-15-2003 10:08:53 PM
We really should have the option to vote people off the island.
Gydyon
posted 09-15-2003 10:16:34 PM
*votes*
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-15-2003 10:23:54 PM
Leave it open!

I love this thread.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: