EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tarot help
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 09-14-2003 06:31:00 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade impressed everyone with:
Sorry Drak, I just don't see why people would do that when I've already said my argument was incorrect. Granted it took you a few tries to figure it out but I forgive ya.

You forgive me? Well, that's nice. I am sorry for being correct repeatedly, and hope we can all just work over this terrible tragedy.

Yeesh.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-14-2003 06:33:29 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Ah, now I see you're adopting the: "Since I'm losing, I'll start making shit up" method.

I'll start making shit up! I'm the Tarot! Holy shit, when I draw the seven of swords, that means I'm gonna STAB YOU SEVEN TIMES! If I draw the three of staves, that means I'm gonna ram THREE STAVES up your urethra! Or like, if I pick the five of cups, that means you better have insurance because I'm gonna break FIVE OF YOUR CUPS. Or maybe you should be wearing five cups?

Shit, I got lost.

[ 09-14-2003: Message edited by: Ozimander ]

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 06:35:17 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Parcelan!
Ah, now I see you're adopting the: "Since I'm losing, I'll start making shit up" method.

And really, you should stop spewing that "omg I realize my argument = irrational, so must u" line. If you truly realized your argument was irrational and pitiful, you would have stopped arguing.

Instead, you chose to try to carve a name for yourself by taking the big dogs on. You're fighting for the right to be recognized and special. Like a double-edged sword, however, while people think you're special now, it's not the kind you were aiming for.

How trite. And when did I start making things up? Next time you say something, back it with some evidence. If you're right I'll cede the point but otherwise, come at me with a bit more than that.
And if you didnt notice I stopped arguing what I was originally arguing over. I had switched topics. So when I say it was wrong I dropped it. However I don't tkae lightly to people trying to tell what I've written when it takes them numerous tries to realize what I've said in the first place.
And as far as the "big dogs" I feel it is better to die in infamy than love in mediocrity. If everyone els is afraid to express their veiws on topics for fear of being ripped on, then thats their own problem. I personally have no qualms of making myself look ridiculous or ignorant in certain areas. Because I am, but I will not back down, I will not remain silent, and I will not be scared away by the "big dogs" Whose perfered method of arguing is insulting people and trying to prove that the little knowledge they have on a subject is greater than what others know. But until I decide to stop talking Im afraid you'll have to put up with my voice. Drown it out if you will but silence it you shall not.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 06:40:46 PM
Heh...if there was any doubt to your stupidity, you just drove the point home.

What's all this "evidence" buzzing, gnat? You've been defending all this time that anything I believe is truth. And since not only I, but 98% of the boards believes you're a raging imbecile, it must be completely and beyond a doubt, true.

The notion of you backing down was for your own safety, worm, not to boost the egos of those that have just destroyed your argument. A more accurate notion for you might have been: "I would rather die an idiot than back down respectfully."

Had you gone back down with confidence, your beliefs would have been at least have a little more credit. Unfortunately, you opted to go down kicking and screaming.

What do you hope to accomplish, insect? Respect? Fear? Admiration? You've already destroyed any chance of leaving with that. The best you can hope for now is to fade into obscurity and hope nobody remembers this tripe.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 06:45:03 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's account was hax0red to write:
Heh...if there was any doubt to your stupidity, you just drove the point home.

What's all this "evidence" buzzing, gnat? You've been defending all this time that anything I believe is truth. And since not only I, but 98% of the boards believes you're a raging imbecile, it must be completely and beyond a doubt, true.

The notion of you backing down was for your own safety, worm, not to boost the egos of those that have just destroyed your argument. A more accurate notion for you might have been: "I would rather die an idiot than back down respectfully."

Had you gone back down with confidence, your beliefs would have been at least have a little more credit. Unfortunately, you opted to go down kicking and screaming.

What do you hope to accomplish, insect? Respect? Fear? Admiration? You've already destroyed any chance of leaving with that. The best you can hope for now is to fade into obscurity and hope nobody remembers this tripe.

What do I hope to accomplish. Well getting my name known, check. Getting people stirred up, check, wasting the time of others in a pointless game of mine, check. Getting people to fall for my crap and respond to anything I type, check. Getting people to degrade their arguements into pointless flames, check. Hmm, I've seem to have accomplished a great deal. Thanks for being manipulated, and I hoep you come back for more.

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-14-2003 06:46:02 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade had this to say about Tron:
What do I hope to accomplish. Well getting my name known, check. Getting people stirred up, check, wasting the time of others in a pointless game of mine, check. Getting people to fall for my crap and respond to anything I type, check. Getting people to degrade their arguements into pointless flames, check. Hmm, I've seem to have accomplished a great deal. Thanks for being manipulated, and I hoep you come back for more.

Troll.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 06:47:55 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade said this about your mom:

I couldn't have asked for a more classic admit of defeat.

It has always been the way of the utterly defeated imbecile to say: "Oho, I have been manipulating you all this time! Go now and please stop tearing me down, for you have played right into my trap!"

Sorry to say it, insect, but your attempt at trying to get known has just failed. You can't be well-known for being an idiot that tried to double-back over his own ass; too many people have done it already.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 06:51:11 PM
I see your still responding to what I type. Tell me I'm wrong. Oh wait you can't because you keep doing it.
Drakkenmaw
posted 09-14-2003 06:51:43 PM
Oh, and I would suggest you migrate to Flameball very quickly. Intentional trolling is not all that well tolerated in this forum.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 06:56:59 PM
I only resort to it when people begin flaming me. If you check you will see that I merely expressed my view on the matter and then was insulted. So instead of telling others to move to Flameball perhaps you should try finding out who started it and get on their case. Oh wait, they're on your side so you'll just ignore any flames they make and then trash the person for defending themselves. Way to go.

[ 09-14-2003: Message edited by: Ace in the Spade ]

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 06:57:14 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade had this to say about (_|_):
I see your still responding to what I type. Tell me I'm wrong. Oh wait you can't because you keep doing it.

Why shouldn't I? You're clearly on the retreat, but you seem to keep turning around to try and launch another attack. You can try the whole "I have power of you because you are still responding!" line, but I've heard it all before and the only effect it has on me is to make me chuckle a little.

You're not special, kid. Everything you can possibly do, I've seen before. You're not a groundbreaker. You're just a fart in the wind: you can cause a stink at first, but you'll be gone sooner than you think.

Keep scurrying back to your rock, worm, you're almost there.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 06:58:41 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade had this to say about Tron:
I only resort to it when people begin flaming me. If you check you will see that I merely expressed my view on the matter and then was insulted. So instead of telling others to move to Flameball perhaps you should try finding out who started it and get on their case. Oh wait, they're on your side so you'll just ignore any flames they make and then trash the person for defending themselves. Way to go. You get the humanitarian award

The "BUT THEY STARTED IT!" argument doesn't work, either, kid.

All anyone did was get on your case in what has become a debate thread. You, on the other hand, began, continued, and openly proclaimed that you were trolling. That's a board crime, kid. You don't have a defense for it.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 07:00:06 PM
In my rightness am I vindicated. You see who continues the flames? Who keeps insulting people? Try that again Drak when you haven't participated in what you denounce.
Suddar
posted 09-14-2003 07:00:23 PM
This guy is like, going down the laundry list of things you say when you're losing hardcore.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 07:02:07 PM
Yes but it is a long list so expect me to be around awhile longer.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 07:02:16 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade was naked while typing this:
In my rightness am I vindicated. You see who continues the flames? Who keeps insulting people? Try that again Drak when you haven't participated in what you denounce.

And now "The truth shall set me free". Think up something original, bug, it may help your argument some.

You've lost. All you have left is the ability to try annoy your way into the minds of people who are already forgetting you.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 07:03:04 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Yes but it is a long list so expect me to be around awhile longer.

You'll never truly realize the irony of this statement.

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-14-2003 07:09:38 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Participated in what I denounce? Excuse me?

I don't normally side with either Parcelan or Bloodsage, you see. My opinions on most matters are highly different from theirs.

On this, however, opinions haven't even come into play. You were using a fruitless argument to back up what could have been a useful position, and then going "the best defense is a good FUCK YOU" when you got called on it. There are several things I could've called you, and several things I quite seriously considered calling you. But I try to keep to a certain standard of propriety when debating. The most I'll go is sarcasm. You, however, go far further in order to "impress."

Who are you impressing, again? I for one pity you. Other people are laughing at you. Are you impressing yourself, maybe?

I've seen this before, from far more people than you. So has everyone else. You're nothing special, you're not some genius at being annoying. You're the same as every other troglodyte this forum has had. Stupid, forgettable, and useless.

Go away. You're boring already.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 07:16:43 PM
Anyways Parce, Blood, Drak. Its been fun. I have things to be doing. So I'll be going with some style. I apologize for any flames, insults, or mean comments I've made to the readers of the board. If you've been offended, I apologize once more. But I won't be silent because some people who talked more than I have, decided to be rude and start insulting people. If you want to refute my arguments go for it. If you do it in well constructed manner, I'll cede the point. But don't try to get people to shut up by being an ass to them. It generally tends not to work. So I bid you all adieu. And to the three I mentioned earlier. I give you my life long emnity. We are at war.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-14-2003 07:18:22 PM
This is possibly the greatest thread in the history of EC.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-14-2003 07:19:25 PM
Was that just an admitting of carrying a grudge? Not smart, kid, not smart at all.

You've essentially just said: "I trolled you for engaging in debate and I will troll you forever more."

You went out with all the style of a six year-old who wasn't given any candy.

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-14-2003 07:22:44 PM
You can freely dislike me. I, on the other hand, don't carry grudges over pointless Internet debates.

And I sure as heck don't war with idiots. I just mock them.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 09-14-2003 07:51:23 PM
quote:
Karnaj was naked while typing this:
This is possibly the greatest thread in the history of EC.

This thread is what the main boards have been missing for so long. A nice flamewar where people can tear up some jackass.

Thank you Ace, your stupidity has united the forums.

hey
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 07:59:54 PM
quote:
Drakkenmaw thought about the meaning of life:
You can freely dislike me. I, on the other hand, don't carry grudges over pointless Internet debates.

And I sure as heck don't war with idiots. I just mock them.

You do realize this is all in good fun, right?

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-14-2003 08:12:38 PM
Actually, not at all. But I'd seriously suggest you read the rules before attempting your next run at humour.

As for all the other incoming beginners to the forum, it occurred to me that this thread might scare you off. Let it be known that we don't normally eviscerate people in this forum anymore, and that following the rules generally guards you from this sort of response. Don't worry, we aren't evil - just very stringent about debate.

I'll write a little "guide to forum neophytes" once I get back from the movies, since I can't seem to find Parcelan's old one anymore. But, for safety's sake in the meantime, just follow this rule - don't be an ass.

Varagon
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 08:27:28 PM
Hey, at least I used paragraphs.

Asshat is fun to say. Try it.

nnioR~

[ F A I L U R E ]
So what, pop is dead,
It's no great loss.
So many face lifts, his face flew off.
The emperor really has no clothes on, and his skin is pealing off.
Zair
The Imp
posted 09-14-2003 08:53:09 PM
Im pretty sure internet tarot is legit
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-14-2003 09:00:05 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ace in the Spade wrote:

So basically you just copped to being a messageboard troll. Good move. That always helps your rep.

Do yourself and society in general a big favor. Cease speaking. Really, you're sucking up valuable oxygen that might better used by someone in kindergarten. Or to brew beer.

Edit: Go go RQG!

[ 09-14-2003: Message edited by: Callalron ]

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-14-2003 11:00:48 PM
quote:
Drakkenmaw thought about the meaning of life:
Actually, not at all. But I'd seriously suggest you read the rules before attempting your next run at humour.

As for all the other incoming beginners to the forum, it occurred to me that this thread might scare you off. Let it be known that we don't normally eviscerate people in this forum anymore, and that following the rules generally guards you from this sort of response. Don't worry, we aren't evil - just very stringent about debate.

I'll write a little "guide to forum neophytes" once I get back from the movies, since I can't seem to find Parcelan's old one anymore. But, for safety's sake in the meantime, just follow this rule - don't be an ass.

Let review for a moment shall we?

Bloodsage was the first to begin insulting me, then later you an Parce both jumped in. I also did some flaming but I'm not trying to deny it either. However I did ask publicy for you to refrain from insulting me. "So I ask you not to agree but merely to keep your own opinions while others keep theirs. And if you are moved in some manner to speak your mind. Do so in a respectable manner that gives evidence to your conclusion rather than trying dismiss the quilificatiosn of the other person" So drak and the other two musketeers of evil, the next time you decide to quote forum rules watch it. Because I only respond in kind if given shit.
And when your forum rules says "If it continues, publically ask them to stop." which I did, and then you don't well guess what? I believe that makes you the wrong doers now doesnt it? But perhaps I'm just to new to the boards to understand how it works. Either way, be civil and I'll be civil, don't and I won't.

Skaw
posted 09-14-2003 11:51:35 PM
Hay guys. Don't be so closed-minded.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-15-2003 12:23:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
It has always been the way of the utterly defeated imbecile to say: "Oho, I have been manipulating you all this time! Go now and please stop tearing me down, for you have played right into my trap!"

Works for Sephiroth.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

DanteX
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 12:38:14 AM
I would just like to know how many ppl know the base rule of energy?
"A man who wants nothing is invicible"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-15-2003 12:42:11 AM
quote:
Ace in the Spade startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
I know who Machiavelli was. And I did not refer to him or his works in any way shape or form about wether or Tarot cards and all that are correct are justifiable. What I did refer to was his basic concept of the end justifies the means. In this case, I give an argument that may or may not be valid but it leads to the point I want. That is the ends justifies the means. Im not using his concept to explain physics or economics. Im using it as an example for what I did. I presented an arguement that might have been rather irrational to you (the means), and it lead to a conclusion that we both agreed on (the end). Thats the point of an arguement, is to convince or arrive at some mutual understanding.

The next time you feel up to giving me a lecture on the principles of Machiavelli, let me know. I wont be there. I won't listen, and I don't care. And above all stop wasting my time by telling me Im saying something other than what I've written. If you want justification of my reading skills, ask Zair he knows what I got on my ACT for it.

Ahahahaha!

Oh, my.

You're basing your literary superiority on your ACT scores?!

Ahahahaha!

Oh, my.

Like I said earlier: anytime you'd like to compare credentials in any subject area you choose, bring it on.

You really have got to be the most pitiful troll we've had in some time. Sorry if you find it insulting when people rip your ridiculous arguments to shreds--don't say stupid shit, and that won't happen.

What a shame my time zone kept me out of the finale.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Suddar
posted 09-15-2003 12:51:18 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when BlackMage wrote:

wtfmoses

Zair
The Imp
posted 09-15-2003 12:52:25 AM
quote:
BlackMage had this to say about Tron:

I think we can only have one black mage, sorry

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2003 12:53:09 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh... I've missed these threads!

Feels like EC again.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-15-2003 01:04:11 AM
quote:
Impressive, BlackMage. Just f'n brilliant:
Heh.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 09-15-2003 01:18:51 AM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:
Ahahahaha!

Oh, my.

You're basing your literary superiority on your ACT scores?!

Ahahahaha!

Oh, my.

Like I said earlier: anytime you'd like to compare credentials in any subject area you choose, bring it on.

You really have got to be the most pitiful troll we've had in some time. Sorry if you find it insulting when people rip your ridiculous arguments to shreds--don't say stupid shit, and that won't happen.

What a shame my time zone kept me out of the finale.

God damn, I hate doing this but for the finale time. READ WHAT I WRITE. "If you want justification of my reading skills, ask Zair he knows what I got on my ACT for it." literary superiority is not reading skills. If I meant literary superiority than I would have said so. But I did not. I said reading skills. As in comprehension. I understand what I read. I can udnerstand that reading skills does not mean literary superiority. Why can't you do this. If you're supposed to be the huge intellectual around here. Why can you not understand basic sentences? Why? Is it that my font is set at too low a type size? What? What Im basing my READING SKILLS on is my act scores for one thing. I got a 35 on it. What did you get?

Sorry if you find it insulting when people rip your ridiculous arguments to shreds--don't say stupid shit, and that won't happen.

What I find insulting is not you refuting my argument. What is insulting is being insulted by you. Perhaps you missed that, but then again that deals with reading and understanding what you read. Next time I will try to keep my sentences simple and short so you can avoid spouting such ignorance.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-15-2003 01:21:38 AM
And now, a few thoughts from me.

I had a GM once that did Tarot readings for all the characters in a campaign. We used the readings to give us some extra ideas for the character backgrounds. It was fun.

quote:
From the book of Azizza, chapter 3, verse 16:
I think we all just have trouble beliveing in the mystic powers of anything produced by Mattel, Hasbro, or fisher Price.

quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ace in the Spade:
Now the funny thing about what Bloodsage has said on farther up the page. Is that according to some parts of Quantum Theory, Taort and just about anything else you believe/predict/do can happen. Granted it happens in an alternate reality but whose to say your alter self wont benefit from such sage advice in their world where Tarot works.

Let's say that a reality where Tarot or magic (learn to spell that word, BTW) doesn't work is represented by an apple. A reality where they do work is represented by an orange.

Now then, you have an infinate number of realities, right? So, how many do you have to have before you get to one where the stuff works? Well, how many apples do you have to have before you have an orange? You can have an infinate number apples and still not have an orange. Just because something could happen, doesn't mean that it will happen, no matter how many times it's tried.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-15-2003 01:24:40 AM
quote:
How.... Ace in the Spade.... uughhhhhh:
Is it that my font is set at too low a type size?

Sorry if you find it insulting when people rip your ridiculous arguments to shreds--don't say stupid shit, and that won't happen.

Jesus fuck, I think you just broke my brain with that one.

Just so you know, he can control the font size that his computer uses. That comment was just painful.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: