EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Furor throws a tantrum, rest of eq starts the countdown
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 05-10-2003 02:32:52 PM
quote:
Kildace wrote this stupid crap:
Alright, the High end zones of Kunark and Vellious were working the day the players were ready to enter them. Is that better?
No. I seem to recall massive issues with the Sleepers Tomb script, and this was months after the Velious end-game areas started being played.

Oh, and lets not forget the whole ST-key clusterfuck when folks first started entering the zone. The ST key was not soul-bound, which made CRing a raid wipe in ST a bit of an issue. While it may not be considering a zone "not being ready" it sure is a case of a zone not being well planned out enough.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Espio Idsavant ]

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Suddar
posted 05-10-2003 02:37:22 PM
How do you know they weren't working in the first place, if they were fixed before the players were ready to "enter" them?

I remember months of whining about things like this with both expansions. I don't think I'm imagining all of it.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 02:38:49 PM
quote:
Kildace impressed everyone with:
the ST event was working.

No it wasn't. Furor zoned into a ST filled with level zero default human mobs who hit for 20's.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Mightion Defensor
posted 05-10-2003 02:45:09 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Robocop:
No it wasn't. Furor zoned into a ST filled with level zero default human mobs who hit for 20's.

He's a warrior, right? Did he have a healer with him? Against those mobs he prolly would have needed one...

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 02:53:26 PM
quote:
Suddar impressed everyone with:
How do you know they weren't working in the first place, if they were fixed before the players were ready to "enter" them?

I imagine it has something to do with that little "patch" feature that tells you what files are being patched.

Sony has a history of throwing up half-assed "uber" zones to make the deadline, and then patching them like mad as soon as players start to get close to entering them. I can't really fault them. There's no reason for zones like Vex Thal and the like to be 100% ready when the game ships, as it'll be months before players enter them. But on the other hand, Sony has a history of underestimating the players and having those zones not ready when players enter them. Like the aformentioned Plane of Mischief and Sleeper's Tomb.

PoP was horrible for it, though, to the point it was just disgusting how they held players back because it wasn't finished. Rallos Zek is a huge bad ass for months, holding a few guilds back as the Elemental Planes are patched nearly every patch. They stop patching them and suddenly they decide Rallos Zek is too hard and must be "toned down", and five or six guilds kill him within days of each other. And then they blow through the Elemental Planes in weeks, and for three months there have been DOZENS of guilds being held back by the purposefully impossible Rathe encounter while Time is patched again and again.

I just can't fault Furor and the others(there are many, many others. Just Furor's happened to gain the most attention because his site is more visited. On nearly every high level guild's message board you can find at least a few posts from people who quit because of the Rathe and Time) for being pissed off. They were held back for over three months by a mob made impossible on purpose so they couldn't advance. And when it's finally made killable, they're greeted with a half assed zone that not even everyone can go to. The screenshot on the FoH page really summed it up perfectly. A group of people standing at the portal to Plane of Time B, with Furor mass clicking on it to get the message of, "This portal has been drained of it's energy. Try again later." while saying, "omg, this is so fun!"

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Comrade Snoota ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 05-10-2003 04:43:57 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Drysart said:
Just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with Luclin.

I quit because of Luclin

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 06:25:40 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Comrade Snoota said:
Most people are smart enough to answer that question on their own. You need help? I'm always here!

So what part of don't you understand? Ok, I'll take your hand and tell you what it meant. "And this means what to me", it was a polite way of saying "I don't give a fuck about Furor, and his whiney ass". Oh I'm sorry I should of use a period instead of a question mark. I'm sorry that it confused you too much.

Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 07:27:22 PM
The fact that Darwinism hasn't kicked in yet confuses me.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 07:28:55 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Freschel Spindrift was all like:
So what part of don't you understand? Ok, I'll take your hand and tell you what it meant. "And this means what to me", it was a polite way of saying "I don't give a fuck about Furor, and his whiney ass". Oh I'm sorry I should of use a period instead of a question mark. I'm sorry that it confused you too much.

If you didn't give a fuck, why did you post?

If you want attention, just go throw yourself into moving traffic, and we'll all have a big party in your honor.

Sean
posted 05-10-2003 07:36:49 PM
quote:
Iron Parcelan got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
If you want attention, just go throw yourself into moving traffic, and we'll all have a big party in your honor.

I love Wakes.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 07:40:12 PM
quote:
DƒU had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I love Wakes.

I was thinking more of a pyre on the beach.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 07:47:37 PM
Starts singing, "I faught the Sony, and I won" to himself.

quote:
So quoteth Furor:
Hey so yea

The Plane of Time was patched last night at around 3am. Anyways, today I get up, get the guild together, and OH MY GOD GUESS WHAT? It seems to actually fucking WORK NOW. Let me explain in detail for the neanderthals.

The idea is to get all the ring events down (5 of them) within a set period of time using a max of 18 people per event. That means you have to spread your raid force out. See, you can no longer zone in more than 18. And once the ring is down, NOBODY else can zone in (yesterday you could zone 18 people in every 15 minutes). In each of the rooms where the rings are, is a big door shaped like a clock. The door(s) unlocks when all 5 rings are down.

In typical Sony fashion, though, some of the rings required over 50 people to complete. How about the Air ring where the boss hit for 4500s and spawned with 4 adds? Or the Water ring where the boss literally SHIT out adds by the truckload. Today, however... the rings are properly fucking tuned for 18 man teams. With that tuning, we may actually get somewhere now...

So now, this goes from being a completely frustrating fuck fest where I got people doing either jack shit or trying to exploit their way in via a broken timer to help us take down impossible-for-18 encounters, to having to tactically spread out the guild to get all 5 events down so we can progress.

Was that too fucking much to ask for?

To the morons, I'd just like to take this moment to say, 'fuck you.' To Sony, fuck you anyways. Better late than never is not an excuse.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 05-10-2003 07:51:41 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Or the Water ring where the boss literally SHIT out adds by the truckload.
[/QUOTE]

Literally?

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 07:58:07 PM
quote:
Iron Parcelan got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
If you didn't give a fuck, why did you post?

You should too throw yourself into moving traffic. You are the biggest attention whore on this site.

Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-10-2003 07:58:45 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Freschel Spindrift wrote:
You should too throw yourself into moving traffic. You are the biggest attention whore on this site.

Uh huh...

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 07:59:53 PM
quote:
Kegwen thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Wow, you really are an idiot.

Eep!

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Freschel Spindrift ]

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-10-2003 08:00:48 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift Model 2000 was programmed to say:
How so?

He's not an attention whore at all. I think you misunderstand what we mean by "attention whore".

Somebody who is better with words define it for me plz.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 08:02:10 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Kegwen!

One who whores for attention? See: Freschel.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 05-10-2003 08:03:19 PM
quote:
From the book of Kegwen, chapter 3, verse 16:
He's not an attention whore at all. I think you misunderstand what we mean by "attention whore".

Attention Whore; A person who makes posts generally without any form of content or purpose for the sole reason of trying to be noticied and/or get someone to read their Livejournal. See; Troll, angsty little bitch.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 08:05:03 PM
Explain why I am an attention whore? I am no different from anyone from this message board. Besides, I've been on this board for almost two years, and no one has accused me for being one until now. Should of told me a very long time ago.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Freschel Spindrift ]

Sean
posted 05-10-2003 08:12:19 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift had this to say about Captain Planet:
I am no different from anyone from this message board.

You're a dumbass who places too much importance on himself.

You contribute absolutely nothing to this thread, but to interrupt the flow of conversation with a nugget of ignorance and stupidity.

"And this means what to me?"

God, shut the fuck up and go away. You aren't wanted.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-10-2003 08:50:30 PM
I want to see a new server go online. No transfers or trades, keep it pure.

One where you create your character by picking your class, then your starting city, and then any class the people of that starting city can be. Race faction is based off of where you start from (who rased you), not what race you are. Ogre paladins trained in the Temple of Marr, Gnome monks, and Half-Elf SKs.

Then, I want them to reduce the EXP gain on that server by 50%, and cap it at level 50. That's right, twice as long to get there, and you can never pass level 50.

A server where the high end stuff will NEVER be an issue, where the Uber need not apply. A server where the draw is the interesting characters you can have, not the race to see who can be the first to tug on the Sleeper's tail and piss him off.

Then, finally, give it the code to allow players to be random monsters. Make some of the encounters tougher by using players to make the MOBs smarter. Give 'em a zone wide "Monsterchat" channel that they can use to talk to each other in some zones. After all, the Blackburrow Gnolls should know how to work together to defend Blackburrow.

Let's face it, the 1-50 levels are much easier to balance than the 51-65 levels are. Myself, I would love to play on a server where people slow down and enjoy the ride.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 09:00:08 PM
Buy a PS2 and play EQ: OA
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 05-10-2003 09:06:53 PM
Palador.. I might actually consider playing that

[edit: if it'd happen that is ¬_¬]

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Niklas ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 09:08:40 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Hey! And you didn't even use a new suggestion. Isn't he clever, folks? Let's give him a hand!

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 09:09:54 PM
quote:
had this to say about Robocop:
I want to say just one thing

Its just a game

*ducks and covers*

This is what I wanted to say, but I decided to be different. I was not trying to be an attention whore, if it was, it was unintentional. If Furor hate Everquest so much then why is he still playing the game? If Everquest was his job and get paid for playing it, then he has a legit reason to complain. Besides, Furor keeps on forgetting that it's very hard to code. Especially with so much is happening around in the game. That's why EQ has a /bug command. They can not catch every single bug. It'll take ages to get rid of all of the bugs in Everquest. Too many variables, too many things to track. Sometimes when they fix a bug, something unexpected happens. I believe Sony is trying their best, and asshats like Furor is giving them grief. Sorry about the thread jack. A small group of you took a molehill, my simple phrase, and turn it into a mountain. You cornered me and I fought back. It's simple as that. BTW this is my contribution to this post.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 09:12:22 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I have no idea what a paragraph is.

Again, you think a bit too much of yourself. Making a mountain out of your molehill? I think not. You're just another dimwit that's easy to pick on.

Mod
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 09:15:42 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift Model 2000 was programmed to say:
This is what I wanted to say, but I decided to be different. I was not trying to be an attention whore, if it was, it was unintentional. If Furor hate Everquest so much then why is he still playing the game? If Everquest was his job and get paid for playing it, then he has a legit reason to complain. Besides, Furor keeps on forgetting that it's very hard to code. Especially with so much is happening around in the game. That's why EQ has a /bug command. They can not catch every single bug. It'll take ages to get rid of all of the bugs in Everquest. Too many variables, too many things to track. Sometimes when they fix a bug, something unexpected happens. I believe Sony is trying their best, and asshats like Furor is giving them grief. Sorry about the thread jack. A small group of you took a molehill, my simple phrase, and turn it into a mountain. You cornered me and I fought back. It's simple as that. BTW this is my contribution to this post.

This has nothing to do with code errors. Nothing at all. 4500 hitters in an 18 person enviroment are not code errors, they're design fuckups. Noone is complaining about small code bugs, the problem are either design error or code bugs of a magnitude that can't be attributed to anything but sloppy testing / not listening to your testers. The bug with less than 18 people beeing let into a ring could have been found by having 18 people zone in two or three times.

Noone is talking about the game crashing if you throw a ration onto a gnome's head from the Felwithe gate at 2:00 game time.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-10-2003 09:26:20 PM
quote:
Kildace had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Kunark and Vellious WERE fully working. Class balance was maybe skewed (rangers come to mind) but by the time it was accessed NToV was working, Vp was working, Trak was working, VS was working, the ST event was working. And the flaws there were are nowhere near what happened with PoP where an encounter was left broken for more than 3 months because the end zone was not finished.

Uhh... dude, what do you call PoM not even being itemized?

... and the script for ST is stiiiillll busted. You need to re-look up yer info.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 09:33:28 PM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien wrote this stupid crap:
This has nothing to do with code errors. Nothing at all. 4500 hitters in an 18 person enviroment are not code errors, they're design fuckups. Noone is complaining about small code bugs, the problem are either design error or code bugs of a magnitude that can't be attributed to anything but sloppy testing / not listening to your testers. The bug with less than 18 people beeing let into a ring could have been found by having 18 people zone in two or three times.

Noone is talking about the game crashing if you throw a ration onto a gnome's head from the Felwithe gate at 2:00 game time.

Ok, my bad. BTW thanks for correcting my mistake instead of resorting to name calling. Anyway I will not add any more commits into this post. If you don't like the way I post then tough. I'll still post in Evercrest until Drysart or the other mods ban me from the boards. Besides there were peeps that were alot worst than me. Jello shooters anyone?

Taskmaster Bajah
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 09:35:01 PM
I suggest the People vs Freschel thing end approximately -right now- or I'll be locking this thread.

So, this is your last and only chance to calm down and stay or track or get out of the tread. Play nice.

Spread the !

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 09:37:20 PM
quote:
So quoth LOG:
Spread the !

Stop stealing my line.

Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 11:14:41 PM
Whining like Furor did probably didn't get the problems fixed. /bug reports with /report'ed text probably did. Because he whined and it got fixed probably boosted his ego abit.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 11:23:34 PM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:
Whining like Furor did probably didn't get the problems fixed. /bug reports with /report'ed text probably did. Because he whined and it got fixed probably boosted his ego abit.

Sony has proven time and time again they only make drastic changes to zones/classes/whatever when people make a lot of noise. They've also repeatedly proven that nobody reads the bug reports.

And none of the issues were bugs, so I guess that throws that one out the window anyway!

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-11-2003 12:16:18 AM
quote:
We will also be reducing the reuse timer for the Magician Elemental Form ability from 72 minutes to 15 minutes. This will allow a Magician to keep the Elemental Form up for as long as he wants.

Very happy about this. I wanted the elemental form the first time I saw it, but the re-use time made it look a bit worthless to me.

Glad to see that it'll be useful when the time comes.

Skaw
posted 05-11-2003 12:27:48 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota probably says this to all the girls:
Sony has proven time and time again they only make drastic changes to zones/classes/whatever when people make a lot of noise.

I don't know about that. They pretty much ignored the monk cry after the defense nerf for a loooong while. Thought the Paladin, and entire game cry for the reversal of what they had on SU was pretty funny.

And pretty much from the look of things, Furor was the only one crying. TSR seemed pretty happy with their first time in PoTime.

[ 05-11-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-11-2003 02:52:44 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Skaw stammered:
I don't know about that. They pretty much ignored the monk cry after the defense nerf for a loooong while. Thought the Paladin, and entire game cry for the reversal of what they had on SU was pretty funny.

And pretty much from the look of things, Furor was the only one crying. TSR seemed pretty happy with their first time in PoTime.

TR is the biggest collection of gimps and wannabe "uber" players ever made.

And pretty much everyone BUT them were "crying", because they'll take anything they can get their pathetic little hands on.

Lashanna
noob
posted 05-11-2003 03:53:09 AM
I just have to say, I kinda agree with Furor, and to be honest...

Sony has a history of listening to actions like Furor. They do not have a history of listening to well-prepared, reasonable essays, sent to them in quiet E-mails.

So what do people do when they want something fixed/changed? They stick with what they know works. And quite plainly, this works. Don't like it? Complain to SOE, not Furor, .

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong... but TSR, you'd mean... Township Rebellion?

The Uberguild on Stormhammer? They're a buncha lame-asses, speaking from personal experience,

[ 05-11-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Beta Tested
Pancake
posted 05-12-2003 09:11:58 AM
quote:
Skaw attempted to be funny by writing:
I don't know about that. They pretty much ignored the monk cry after the defense nerf for a loooong while.

I still complain about that when I'm grouping and get my ass handed to me by a light blue with a full HP bar... I swear

What's this thing do?
That would be sooo cool if it wasn't going to hurt us.
Melphina's Magelo
Roc4me
Pancake
posted 05-12-2003 10:25:08 AM
Well, Fires of Heaven gone from Veeshan would surely improve the server immensely. We can only hope they follow through.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: