EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Furor throws a tantrum, rest of eq starts the countdown
Error
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 01:58:56 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Pirotess:
I agree. Flags really kept people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing out of areas where knowing what the fuck your doing is #1 priority.

Though it also does open the door for those who do know what the fuck they're doing, but are unable to get there through means of being in a guild. Like myself and many other good players of the game.

This second paragraph describes my situation.

Any guilds recruiting? Lvl 61 druid

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-10-2003 02:07:16 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor painfully thought these words up:
This second paragraph describes my situation.

Any guilds recruiting? Lvl 61 druid

What happened to that Lv.60 monk you had on Sol Ro?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-10-2003 02:10:07 AM
quote:
Verily, Afro Gee doth proclaim:
stuff

That has GOT to be some of the most hypocritical garbage I have EVER heard.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Addy
posted 05-10-2003 02:17:16 AM
quote:
Afro Gee had this to say about the Spice Girls:
i finally busted my ass to get flagged for Valor/Storms and on Xegony this meant that at long last the huge number of fucking RETARDS was finally reduced in the zones i XP'd in.

now it's back to good ol' "Dumbfuck Asssucker shouts, "OMG j00 sux0r!!!!! j00 fucking KS'd my large rat!!!!!!!!!!!!" on a whole new level.

it was nice going into Valor pretty much at all times of the day and not encountering vast quantities of dipshits who don't know what the term "aggro management" means. but i guess any happiness that could be experienced will only last for a brief time in EQ.

but hey, this means that now, i can bring my soon to be level 46 Bst into HALLS OF FUCKING HONOR to be PL'd and not learn JACK SHIT about how to play a class in the 60+ PoP levels! Oh boy!

OMG you are so cool. I wish I was as uber as you!

Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 02:24:32 AM
Storms can support alot of people suddenly. But the impact this is going to have on valor is going to be horrible.
Fox
Loser
posted 05-10-2003 02:26:37 AM
I want to say just one thing

Its just a game

*ducks and covers*

"It takes an idiot to do cool things, thats why its cool."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than to be loved for what I'm not."
Addy
posted 05-10-2003 02:27:19 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Storms can support alot of people suddenly. But the impact this is going to have on valor is going to be horrible.

CAMP CHECK!

"inner right"
"inner left"
"inner center"
"outer entrance cavern"
"outer rocks"
"left"
"left left"
"wall by left"
"ne"
"nee"

Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 02:28:18 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Addy wrote:
CAMP CHECK!

"inner right"
"inner left"
"inner center"
"outer entrance cavern"
"outer rocks"
"left"
"left left"
"wall by left"
"ne"
"nee"

Exactly.

Storms can definantly handle this.

Valor is going to cry, as it really only has 5 camps..

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 02:28:20 AM
quote:
Espio Idsavant said this about your mom:
You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

hahahahahahahahahaha

I can tell you that the EQ team is probably going to hold off on fixing the zone for 14 days now just because of this.

Nobody gives a shit about Furor.

Maradon!
posted 05-10-2003 02:32:07 AM
quote:
Drysart attempted to be funny by writing:
I can tell you that the EQ team is probably going to hold off on fixing the zone for 14 days now just because of this.

Assuming it isn't Broken As Intended!

Why am I posting in an EQ thread? What the hell is up with me?

Addy
posted 05-10-2003 02:32:27 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Skaw wrote:
Exactly.

Storms can definantly handle this.

Valor is going to cry, as it really only has 5 camps..

Omg, six!

Left
Right
NE
NW
Inner
Outer

Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 02:41:57 AM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Cuba:
Omg, six!

Left
Right
NE
NW
Inner
Outer

We just meld NW into NE on Luclin, and usually its called DG, for the obvious fact that its the Dragon Gate, though theres people that will call it NE occasionally.

And omg, inner sucks if you have a high, high, HIGH dps group.
Warrior, Rogue, Me with a DC'd, a Druid with a DC'd, a Shaman, and a Cleric kept Inner empty 75% of the time. We might have been able to school Sleep Walker, if he was up

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2003 02:48:31 AM
quote:
From the book of Skaw, chapter 3, verse 16:
We just meld NW into NE on Luclin, and usually its called DG, for the obvious fact that its the Dragon Gate, though theres people that will call it NE occasionally.

And omg, inner sucks if you have a high, high, HIGH dps group.
Warrior, Rogue, Me with a DC'd, a Druid with a DC'd, a Shaman, and a Cleric kept Inner empty 75% of the time. We might have been able to school Sleep Walker, if he was up

But I thought DC wasnt that good?

I joke, I kid.

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 05-10-2003 02:48:57 AM
Lets see here, on Terris we have in valor:

- Frogs
- Outer
- Inner
- East castle
- West castle
- Lever
- ne corner

If its really crowded, people start camping:
- Zone in
- North castle/stairs
- East wall
- North wall

I suspect the "crowded only" camps will become normal camps :\

I dont even want to think what Tactics/HoH will be like.

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 05-10-2003 03:03:52 AM
quote:
Bill stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Assuming it isn't Broken As Intended!

Why am I posting in an EQ thread? What the hell is up with me?

You caved in and started playing EQ again. ;p

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 03:04:30 AM
Damn, all that's missing from his post is references to Israel.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 03:09:02 AM
Poor Israel keeps being harassed by the mean Palestinians. We should just let Israel nuke them. Good for nothing towel head Palestinians.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-10-2003 03:14:32 AM
The award for this thread goes to Snoota, who not only bitch-slapped those who deserved it, but did it while being a wiseass.

TO SNOOTA!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Dave
)_(
posted 05-10-2003 03:18:41 AM
Removeing the flags for all those lower level pop zones is a very very bad idea.

Like geeron said, the flags kept people who didn't know what they where doing, or went out of their way to be a prick out of most of the zones.

It is allready pretty easy to get into POV as it is. And that place is train central. If you thought black burrow was bad for trains, wait till you see COD trains.

There was and is a system for people who can not raid to get into those planes through quests. They where kind of big and hard to do. But the rewards where worth it. I am really looking foward to the other changes though.

Ryuujin
posted 05-10-2003 03:39:10 AM
I can't say I agree much with Furor's and his guild's attitudes. Seems to me like they think that SoE is there to cater just to them. I'm sure Plane of Time is on their agenda though, but they have to think of the majority of the player base (I.E. Revamps of zones, class balancing, etc.) before thinking of some arrogant guild (I.E. tuning a zone only a few guilds have gotten into.)

On the matter of opening the 2nd tier+ planes to the public, I think this is a very bad idea. While I'm sure SoE's intentions are noble, it just won't work if you have a massive flood of players rushing into a new zone. Besides, I'm sure the players would find it more worthwhile to actually earn their way into the planes, instead of getting a free ride like SoE is doing.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 03:46:25 AM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I'm sure Plane of Time is on their agenda though, but they have to think of the majority of the player base (I.E. Revamps of zones, class balancing, etc.) before thinking of some arrogant guild (I.E. tuning a zone only a few guilds have gotten into.)

He didn't ask for them to revamp the zone. Just to allow more than three groups to zone in at one time, especially since it takes 80ish people to get flagged.

And maybe you don't understand the situation. They made the Rathe absolutely impossible to kill for months, all while patching Time every patch months after the expansion came out and should have been done in the first place. Then they finally zone in and Time A is nothing but NPCs that can't be targetted at all, and Time B only allows 18 people to do the events after 80 people worked their asses off to get there. Time is not "on their agenda", because they just got done finishing the zone not even four days ago.(When the Rathe was patched to be killable and Time was patched for the last time, nevermind that PoP came out in.. October?)

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Ryuujin
posted 05-10-2003 03:54:35 AM
I was trying to give SoE the benefit of the doubt on it, but if what you say is correct, then maybe they don't quite have their priorities straight. Wouldn't be the first time though.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-10-2003 04:46:10 AM
quote:
Nicole had this to say about Tron:
I believe I speak for the entirety of people who haven't played EQ since Velious, and this will probably sound rather ironic but...

Furor who? And why does he think if he quits that'll make one bit of difference?

I'm pretty sure he's the leader of one of the Super-uber Guilds in EQ. Because he leads such a Guild, he's one of the better known players in EQ.

quote:
Drysart stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
hahahahahahahahahaha

I hope you're right. Actually, I'm sure you're right. If that guild goes away, there will be that many fewer people trying to do PoT, making the 18 character limit that much more reasonable.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-10-2003 05:14:22 AM
And this means what to me?
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 05:52:09 AM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift had this to say about the Spice Girls:
And this means what to me?

Most people are smart enough to answer that question on their own. You need help? I'm always here!

Mod
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 07:29:47 AM
Don't underestimate this whole thing, the FoH page is the most popular site there is for high-end EQ players. Furor does know what he's talking about when it comes to EQ better than 99% of other players, even though the manner in which he does so may not be everyone's taste. His grandstanding and complaining got a lot of things fixed in EQ (NToV loot anyone?).

About the flag changes, Jesus Christ you guys are making it sound like Valor / Storms / Tactics / HoH / CoD are bastions of skill and intellect. There is a fair share of skilless idiots in Fire on some servers where the zergling waves nixed rallos, don't group with them, get over it. I'd love for the zone population to stay down so I can solo easier too, but it's not like the sky is coming down.

Geeorn, get over yourself, 'busting your ass' doing a 15 minute ring that lvl 60 groups were able to do without any pop gear and AA doesn't make you special.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Kildace
French
posted 05-10-2003 11:15:21 AM
Heh, of course SoE cares.
Furor has access to the beta boards, he has chatted with countless devs, betatested officially many encounters. He has given feedback on everything that is high end for 5 years now. He knows some devs personnaly, knows what will be patched before it is.

Don't fool yourself, Furor is not a drop of water in the sea, he is the guildleader of the most well known guild in everquest, he is probably the most well known player in Everquest, he owns the most popular Everquest site on the net that handles a terrabyte of data just about everquest and probably has 10000+ hits an average day.

I can understand that this doesn't mean anything to the casual player, but it is definitly not a mundane thing happening, and I can assure you that there are many more high end guilds on the verge of disbanding over this shit (mine is too). EQ is just about over (for the high end player at least it is)

And I'm just glad i don't xp anymore in tier 3 zones, Tactics was kind of retard free since the flag was kind of hard to get, it will now be full with dr00ds kiting ogres in the hall -- I don't want to sound like an elitist asshole about this : I know it will allow skilled players that didn't have a raid guild to enjoy new zones, and I don't mind this, at all, what i mind is that because there is no selection anymore at then entrance, players that were kept out because they suck will be allowed to go in.

Fal - there has been for a few months now a feature that allows unflagged people to raid with flagged people, as long as there are more than 85% flagged people in the raid. Which means you could still raid with your old guild even if you did not have access to the zones they raided in.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Kildace ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 12:21:15 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kildace was all like:
Don't fool yourself, Furor is not a drop of water in the sea, he is the guildleader of the most well known guild in everquest

Triton might beg to differ on that. FoH hasn't made real headlines since the Velious days.

quote:
he is probably the most well known player in Everquest

Granted, I'll give him that. Though being infamous for your personality may not be something to be proud of.

quote:
he owns the most popular Everquest site on the net that handles a terrabyte of data just about everquest and probably has 10000+ hits an average day.

Castersrealm? Allakhazam? Vault? Stratics? I would put money on the fact that their popularity dwarfs fohguild.org's, despite what Furor's ego says to the contrary.

quote:
I can understand that this doesn't mean anything to the casual player, but it is definitly not a mundane thing happening, and I can assure you that there are many more high end guilds on the verge of disbanding over this shit (mine is too). EQ is just about over (for the high end player at least it is)

Yada yada yada... just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with Velious. Just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with Luclin. Just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with PoP. Furor's just lining himself up to take a nice mouthful of foot.

I can't think of one expansion where SOE had their shit together wrt. the uber zone of the expansion by the time people got to it (in fact, Irontaail spent an entire summer in a broken Plane of Mischief hoping they'd fix it). PoTime will be fixed just like all the others were -- and a couple disgruntled players might quit over it, but I seriously doubt mass defections will occur.

quote:
I don't want to sound like an elitist asshole about this : I know it will allow skilled players that didn't have a raid guild to enjoy new zones, and I don't mind this, at all, what i mind is that because there is no selection anymore at then entrance, players that were kept out because they suck will be allowed to go in.

Elitist asshole. The flag system has been absolute murder on high-level-but-not-quite-uber guilds, and there are a lot more of those in EQ than uber guilds.

Kildace
French
posted 05-10-2003 12:35:45 PM
quote:
Triton might beg to differ on that. FoH hasn't made real headlines since the Velious days.

Actually, I never said FoH was the best guild on everquest, I said they were the most well known. FoH was even mentionned in Playboy.

quote:
Yada yada yada... just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with Velious. Just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with Luclin. Just like everyone was about to quit because of problems with PoP. Furor's just lining himself up to take a nice mouthful of foot.

I can't think of one expansion where SOE had their shit together wrt. the uber zone of the expansion by the time people got to it (in fact, Irontaail spent an entire summer in a broken Plane of Mischief hoping they'd fix it). PoTime will be fixed just like all the others were -- and a couple disgruntled players might quit over it, but I seriously doubt mass defections will occur.

Kunark was fully working. Vellious was fully working, only the loot was a tad unbalanced in NToV and it was quickly fixed. Luclin and PoP were massive clusterfucks.
I know for a fact that people are quitting, when I join the serverwide chats most people say that they are only hanging on because of their guild right now, but that they don't see themselves playing in 2 months. I canceled my account 3 weeks ago, most of my guild officers are saying that they will quit EQ once we clear time once. This is the end of high end EQ, every uber player agrees on this. Furor might be throwing a tantrum but what he's saying is very true, and experienced daily by the top 5% population of every server.

quote:
Elitist asshole. The flag system has been absolute murder on high-level-but-not-quite-uber guilds, and there are a lot more of those in EQ than uber guilds.

This is so wrong it's not even funny. I know a lot of guilds, guilds with mostly casual players that play 3 nights a week that are flagged for everything but elemental planes. Of course not everyone is flagged for the ele planes, but not everyone had a VT key back in the days either. Yes there is backflagging to do, but guess what, you can still raid without backflagging if you use the raid feature, and the backflagging targets also drop interesting loot. Moreover, for people with friends in small guilds that didn't have the strength to kill gods, there was the option to quest your way through all the Tier 2 planes. With one balanced group you can get access to HoH, CoD, PoV, PoS, PoTactics, with two solid groups you could access BoT. It allowed the casual player to be able to group with his friends and weeded out the friendless idiot level 47 newbie / griefer.

But hey what do I know, I've only been spending all my online time in PoP since it came out.

Mightion Defensor
posted 05-10-2003 12:42:33 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Afro Gee!
i finally busted my ass to get flagged for Valor/Storms and on Xegony this meant that at long last the huge number of fucking RETARDS was finally reduced in the zones i XP'd in.

now it's back to good ol' "Dumbfuck Asssucker shouts, "OMG j00 sux0r!!!!! j00 fucking KS'd my large rat!!!!!!!!!!!!" on a whole new level.

it was nice going into Valor pretty much at all times of the day and not encountering vast quantities of dipshits who don't know what the term "aggro management" means. but i guess any happiness that could be experienced will only last for a brief time in EQ.

but hey, this means that now, i can bring my soon to be level 46 Bst into HALLS OF FUCKING HONOR to be PL'd and not learn JACK SHIT about how to play a class in the 60+ PoP levels! Oh boy!

Hmmm, Gee, I seem to remember trying to duo drakes with you in Skyfire when you were level 41 and I was 53...

I seem to remember watching over you in Paludal Caverns before that when you were like, in your 20's...

Now you're 62. Might be nice to be in such a PL-capable guild - heck, my guild couldn't carry out a raid on the kitchen sometimes. We sure as heck can't get flagged for tier 2 PoP zones ourselves.

I'm just glad because I was dreading going into PoJ begging for a trials group because you know what? That was the only was I was gonna get flagged for PoV -to get to level 60 and humiliate myself further than I do trying to get groups in Tier 1, for crissake.

So, am I a dumbfuck assfucker because I wasn't PL'ed from 24 to 62 in the time it took Mightion to get from 52 to 57? Nice epic, by the way.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 05-10-2003 12:50:58 PM
Geeorn wins the thread. Thanks dude, I needed that booster

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Liam ]

The World is Yours
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 05-10-2003 01:02:35 PM
quote:
Drysart was naked while typing this:
Castersrealm? Allakhazam? Vault? Stratics? I would put money on the fact that their popularity dwarfs fohguild.org's, despite what Furor's ego says to the contrary.

Yeah, because lots of people care about the massive load of information on the state of EverQuest that isn't copy/pasted crap on those sites. When did any of these sites last provide any useful reports on the actual game, really?

In fact, I vote we see what they have right now.

• Castersrealm: Copypasted information on new fanfaire and a copypasted message from Absor about Afterlife getting to PoT.
  • Stratics: Video of the Vegas Fan Faire, Ebon Tendrils on Xegony are recruiting and the name of the new server.
  • Allakhazam: Items. Surprise? Wait, there's also a congratulations to Afterlife for getting to Time.
  • EQVault: Announcement on how there's an expansion for EQOA coming, More EQOA, Dev Corner on PoT (copypasted, of course), Announcement that some part of the store may be unavailable and like Stratics, the Vegas fan faire video.

Man, I sure learned a bit checking that out.

hey
Mod
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 01:05:28 PM
I can honestly say I haven't used any sites for info except lucy guild sites and class boards in 6 months.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 01:17:23 PM
Maradon!
posted 05-10-2003 02:10:53 PM
It would be hilarious if they held off fixing PoT until the VERY DAY after Furor deleted all his characters, then announced an emergency patch that fixed it.

Poetic justice.

Kildace
French
posted 05-10-2003 02:12:52 PM
Just as an answer to :

quote:
I don't know of anyone who's come forth and pledged their account alongside Furor, but there's little shortage of people who have unnamed "friends" who will

My account is canceled, I canceled it about a month ago, just fyi
I have loyalty to my guild so I am not deleting a character they've outfitted, and my account is paid till July, but I am not renewing it.

Suddar
posted 05-10-2003 02:19:59 PM
quote:
Kunark was fully working. Vellious was fully working,

Oh that's rich. How soon they forget.

Sean
posted 05-10-2003 02:24:49 PM
quote:
Suddar thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

Kunark wasn't fully working on release.

It fucked up the entire game's loot tables for a few days,

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Kildace
French
posted 05-10-2003 02:27:14 PM
quote:

Kunark and Vellious WERE fully working. Class balance was maybe skewed (rangers come to mind) but by the time it was accessed NToV was working, Vp was working, Trak was working, VS was working, the ST event was working. And the flaws there were are nowhere near what happened with PoP where an encounter was left broken for more than 3 months because the end zone was not finished.

Kildace
French
posted 05-10-2003 02:29:04 PM
quote:
Kunark wasn't fully working on release.

It fucked up the entire game's loot tables for a few days,

Alright, the High end zones of Kunark and Vellious were working the day the players were ready to enter them. Is that better?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: