EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Questions
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2003 02:57:51 AM
First of all, get a job. Then you can spend money all you want and not worry.

Second of all, visit this forum often and post stuff like this so that we may all laugh histerically.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 03-24-2003 02:58:26 AM
Download Demos, play them...
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 03:02:39 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by liquidsub:
Um... I don't find it silly to pay for things. I just have a big fear of wasting money on certain things.

Oh, that's what you meant by:

quote:
liquidsub had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I hate paying for things that I can get for free.

...and...

quote:
Why pay for games when you can download them?

...and...

quote:
I'm not using my 40 bucks cause I'm using that money for blockbuster rentals and DVD blanks.

???

liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-24-2003 03:03:03 AM
Mkay, I read the rules. I don't think I'm that much in trouble. I questioned warez but didn't post a link or something. Being a dick is somewhat allowed they just say that being a dick means people won't like you. So you're not allowed to piss others off about something? So all you guys are breaking the rules? I guess we all are then. I'm probably wrong. I did read it really fast after all. I have to sleep.
DVD Fansub Distribution: www.liquidanime.com
liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-24-2003 03:08:56 AM
You saying I'm a hipocrite?
I really truely don't find it silly to pay for things. I just hate paying for it myself. I said that I should just download PS2 games yet I said I'm renting them? Yes I did, but did you read the part where I said:

"I would download PS2 games, but I kind of don't know how, and the waiting line (IRC) is longer than Disney Land. So instead I'll just borrow from friends/rent from Blockbuster."

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 03:11:49 AM
Get a job? I'd just use the money to buy anything but downloadable things.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 03:12:55 AM
quote:
liquidsub said this about your mom:
I really truely don't find it silly to pay for things. I just hate paying for it myself.

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 03-24-2003 03:13:37 AM
hey guys whats going on in this thread
Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 03:14:14 AM
quote:
liquidsub Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Get a job? I'd just use the money to buy anything but downloadable things.

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 03:18:49 AM
quote:
Jaggedpine Mistwalker had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
hey guys whats going on in this thread

We're talking about how much of an idiot I am and how much people hate me and how much of a hipocrite I am.

I said that I hate paying for things that I can download but they took it real personal or something. They probably think that I'm mocking them and stuff when I'm not.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 03:20:57 AM
Guess what happens when people pirate crap?
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:28:07 AM
quote:
Led thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Guess what happens when people pirate crap?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:30:16 AM
quote:
liquidsub's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Mkay, I read the rules. I don't think I'm that much in trouble. I questioned warez but didn't post a link or something. Being a dick is somewhat allowed they just say that being a dick means people won't like you. So you're not allowed to piss others off about something? So all you guys are breaking the rules? I guess we all are then. I'm probably wrong. I did read it really fast after all. I have to sleep.

Sure, you are allowed to post about something. But if its something that EVERYONE and their dog is against, well...

Oh, and then I read this:

quote:
"I would download PS2 games, but I kind of don't know how, and the waiting line (IRC) is longer than Disney Land. So instead I'll just borrow from friends/rent from Blockbuster."

So you dont know how but dont want to wait in line to download them???

Contradict much?

Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 03:30:56 AM
liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 03:32:19 AM
Gee, I dunno; what? Despite the fact that all of you guys have probably done something illegal, are you only trying to mock the person who will stay in jail the longest? Don't forget that I'm not old enough to be jailed plus I'll just be warned at first then I'll be careful and will truefully respect the law, I've noticed that a lot of people are old enough to be jailed quickly. Unless I'm wrong and I will be jailed right away?
If you haven't done anything, I'd be pretty surprised and will reward you with a cookie.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:32:47 AM

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:33:37 AM
quote:
liquidsub said this about your mom:
Gee, I dunno; what? Despite the fact that all of you guys have probably done something illegal, are you only trying to mock the person who will stay in jail the longest? Don't forget that I'm not old enough to be jailed plus I'll just be warned at first then I'll be careful and will truefully respect the law, I've noticed that a lot of people are old enough to be jailed quickly. Unless I'm wrong and I will be jailed right away?
If you haven't done anything, I'd be pretty surprised and will reward you with a cookie.

Ahhh...so its ok to break the law until you are caught!

And where is my cookie?

You are welcome to come look at my computer, and note the CD for Office XP Professional, the CD and MULTIPLE LEGAL keps for Windows XP Professional, and the various LEGIT game CDs, all which I have purchased. I go without some things so I can have the games I want.

I'll admit, up until about 3 years ago I did have pirated software on my system. After considering going into the software programming field, my outlook changed. I deleted all the pirated software, and havent used it since.

Oh yeah, all 2000 of my MP3s I own a CD for, or they are legally free ones from sites like acidplanet.com

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 03:34:10 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
So you dont know how but dont want to wait in line to download them???

Contradict much?

Yep, there's crap you have to do besides waiting in line. I hate IRC.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 03:36:05 AM
You DO realize that your behavior is the reason games and crap are so fucking expensive these days, right.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:39:32 AM
quote:
Led stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You DO realize that your behavior is the reason games and crap are so fucking expensive these days, right.

He probably doesn't so he keeps doing it. And hell, that gives him one more way to justify the theft!

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 03-24-2003 03:42:56 AM
Kinanik
posted 03-24-2003 03:44:24 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Jaggedpine Mistwalker was all like:

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 03:48:01 AM
Technically he hasn't done anything against the rules
Kinanik
posted 03-24-2003 03:51:13 AM
Technicalities....
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination
Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 03-24-2003 03:53:33 AM
quote:
No warez. No serials. No cracks/cracking programs. Anything that can be used in software piracy or other illegal software activities will result in a ban. Same goes for abusing programs like mailbombers, forum and usenet flooders, and email harvesting bots. This goes for actual links to offending material, bragging about offending material, and offering offending services.

Besides, he has the IQ of my left shoe and he's generally useless (for example his post on Beaukat's thread, 'Oh well I guess everyone hates me too bad!')

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2003 03:57:53 AM
I request that Drysart write a really long rant on why pirating game software is bad (Which I shall save along with his righteous pwnage of Linux users. Another story, another argument...), THEN ban him.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-24-2003 04:00:01 AM
Holy crap, that's one doozy of a title!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 04:07:19 AM
Actually Jaggedpine, I believe drysart lifted that rule somewhat to only disallow links but to allow talking about it.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 03-24-2003 06:53:47 AM
First I limp to the side like my leg was broke,
Shakin' and twitchin' just like I was smokin'.
Crazy, whack, funky, people say, "You look like Mc Hammer on crack Humpty!"
That's alright because my body's in motion,
It's supposed to look like a fit or a convultion.
Anyone can play this game.
This is my dance, ya'll,
Humpty Hump's the name.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Suddar
posted 03-24-2003 07:50:14 AM
This is the best argument for warez ever!

We should pity liquidsub. It's not his fault!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-24-2003 08:12:29 AM

Man, those GIR shots are great!

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mod
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 08:37:34 AM
quote:
Led stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

While I buy all my games and software, I can't believe one would be so naive. What would happen if piracy suddenly went away because of SecuROM V 7.99? CD prices would go down 10%? Or would the companies just keep prices the same and enjoy the 10% extra profit? (not that making money is a bad thing . I tend towards the latter.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 03-24-2003 08:42:43 AM
...I was wondering how long it would take for him to get banned/titled...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 08:43:32 AM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien had this to say:
CD prices would go down 10%? Or would the companies just keep prices the same and enjoy the 10% extra profit?

They'd quietly enjoy the 10% profit.

VERY quietly.

[EDIT: God damn it, RM]

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Baron Von Mortay ]

Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 03-24-2003 08:52:00 AM
Good god, this guy's worse than I am.

...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??!!

Azureusu
Don't whip your dick out til she asks.. or til she's sleepin..
posted 03-24-2003 09:03:08 AM
Ok.. Lemme see if I have this right..

You steal software.

You are trying to argue that you stealing software isnt a big deal. Because those people already have money, and even if you get caught, you are not legally liable?

But you're not thinking towards the future. Say 5, 10 years from now. The laws are harsher on piracy. You get caught, and get sent to prison.

You know what software pirates will be known as in prison?

Thats right.. LAP WARMER. Cock holster. Dick cozy. Fuck muffin. And most of all.. "Bitch".

You'll be satisfying the sexual urges of the best and brightest of America's Violent Criminals. Because, software piracy isnt going to be a white collar crime, that has you in a minimum security prison in florida, near a beach. Its going to be a common crime, which puts you being stuck in county.

And you KNOW what they make you do in county?

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 09:25:19 AM
Grab his IP and give it to the local authorities. I wanna see his squirm in prison ^_^
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-24-2003 09:26:29 AM
I'm going to be glad when he finally gets sent to jail. Whether or not he's legally liable for anything now isn't really an issue, as anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it's only a matter of time. Perhaps being passed around for cigarettes will teach him a good lesson about paying for things.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-24-2003 09:29:07 AM
You are breaking the LAW and trying to justify it. That makes you stupid. Simple as that.
Skaw
posted 03-24-2003 09:48:58 AM
The reason why places usually don't refund optical media-based software, is because of people like this fuckchop. Renting/buying and burning.

Why accept a returned item when theres a real good chance a poor moron just ripped a company and a retailer off?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: