EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anybody want to buy a PS2?
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-24-2002 07:04:36 PM
quote:
»Waisztarroz« had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I want a console that can stand up for itself in a fight, not some dinky gamecube.

Stand up for itself in a fight?

Dude, stick that in a boxing ring in San Diego, next thing you know we'll be down to 49 states!

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-24-2002 09:43:10 PM
My personal, and politely stated opinion:

I don't care for X-Box's game library, and I don't like the feel of it's controller. Even the smaller one feels a bit odd.

Gamecube could use a less wierd button layout, but the controller shell itself sits in the hand nicely. It's got a few good games, and alot on the horizon.

PS2, in my opinion, has the most natural-feeling controller ever. I love the existing game library, and I'm looking forward to quite alot in the future.

So, neener.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 11-24-2002 09:43:58 PM
Actually the X-Box is on a serious downward spiral. Microsoft entrenched themselves in the shebang marketing deals, but basically ported a PC that spec wise has all the numbers, but performance wise doesn't stack up.

NGC, and PS2 repeatedly bury the X-Box in most third party comparisons, and it does have some performance issues when ported games are taken into concideration. Spider-Man being a good example, as it suffered serious slowdown over it's NGC and PS2 counterparts.

X-Box has also been losing developer support in favor of the NGC in the last 4 months. On top of the fact that MS has entrenched themselves in spending, without making marked profits. They have been buying out companies left and right, but have yet nothing to show for it, and have also been helping thier competition. Biggest, most resent example of this is they paid $375 million for Rare, $146 million of which went strait to NOA for thier marketshares, and Rare has been noted by analysts as losing steam and a bottoming out company. Rare only has 4 (possibly 5, cant remember) games on record for the next 2 years with MS. Not a very good number for a $375 million dollar price tag.

X-Box initially outsold the NGC when they debuted, and came close to breaking PS2's initial sales. Recently however it has dropped dramatically.

One big reasong being if you look at the release list for the next 18 months out of all three systems, the X-Box is in the shitter as far as getting anything out. The reason it is labeled a "Sports" machine is because it's only major selling software besides Halo, and it's initial sales is mostly sports titles. The sports titles hold the X-Box's big numbers, and in the next 18 months, even those will be dropping of. SEGA Sports has reported pulled all support, and EA is focusing on the PS2 and NGC as well.

MS is offering several deals to major retail outlets in order to push the system, especially for holiday sales so they can keep thier year end numbers up. So far, it hasn't improved. This is also part of the reason the buisness I work for pulled out of the console markets instead of taking the investment. Most of the research and number crunching was done based off the big promises MS offered. Then they fell flat.

The X-Box is, in a lot of ways although excels in others, a sub par system. Which is where a lot of the issues come from.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-24-2002 09:47:58 PM
Now see, that's exactly what I mean.

THAT is an informed opinion.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 09:51:38 PM
Wuwu~!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-24-2002 10:06:21 PM
I see the X-Box heading into a serious Crash-and-Burn, and I laugh.

I don't like the games it has out (I detest sports games). I'm not a fan of FPS games either.

But mostly, it's because I just don't want MS to make any headway in that market. I don't want them to be tempted to "dumb down" Window's game compatability to tempt people into buying an X-Box version of games.

Reminding Bill Gates that not all computers that he touches turn to gold is an added bonus.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Oh shi...
what
posted 11-24-2002 11:00:39 PM
Hi, don't mind me. Just passing through

(_|_) (_|_) (_|_) (_|_) (_|_) (_|_)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: