EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anybody want to buy a PS2?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 04:41:03 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about pies:
Its game library that's keeping me from considering the XBox, but I do have to admit that the first time I saw it completely I thought to myself "Dear lord, where would I put something that big??"

And I see you out there, sickos! NO perverting that!

Even if I did phrase it like that on purpose

You know. It isn't the fear of Ja'deth that holds my tongue. It is the fact that Lyinar is within driving distance and would probably tie me up by my own.. Well yeah.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-24-2002 04:42:43 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Yes, but it's hard to have fun when you can't tell what it is you're supposed to be looking at.

And even review magazines.. for as long as there have been Game Reviewers, there has been a score for Graphics. Because graphics are important to the overall fun and feel of the game. If not we'd all still be playing with Pacman-esque graphics.

True, but quite a few of them will give a game an exemplary score even if they cannot say the graphics are top of the line. Because the game makes up for it in gameplay, creativity, and plot in most cases. Music is also a factor that can come into play, but the quality is not always top priority.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 04:42:44 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis probably says this to all the girls:
Though I suppose I could stack a Xbox, a PS2, and then a gamecube on top of each other.. Heh.

You do NOT want to do that. Stacking anything on an X-Box is baaaaaaaaaaad.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:44:15 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Tron:

You know. It isn't the fear of Ja'deth that holds my tongue. It is the fact that Lyinar is within driving distance and would probably tie me up by my own.. Well yeah.

You'd enjoy it far too much

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-24-2002 04:44:38 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Skaw:

You could put the X-Box on top.

But that's just silly.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 04:44:57 PM
quote:
Verily, Skaw doth proclaim:

Heat issues, or flimsy construction (I.E. it would collapse)?

I'd say heat issues, since the Xbox demo system we have locks up daily.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 04:45:23 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought about the meaning of life:
You'd enjoy it far too much

Well of course I would

Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 04:46:23 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Delphi Aegis stammered:
Heat issues, or flimsy construction (I.E. it would collapse)?

I'd say heat issues, since the Xbox demo system we have locks up daily.

Yes, heat issues.

quote:
Soldar thought about the meaning of life:
You could put the X-Box on top.

But that's just silly.

It'd crush the GameCube and PS2 like a trash compactor, it's that HUGE LOL!

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-24-2002 04:50:44 PM
quote:
Skaw stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Well, you COULD stack the X-Box on the PS2, but the X-Box is so large it may start generating its own gravitational feild and start pulling the PS2 laser out of place. Then the PS2 may skip =/

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 11-24-2002 04:51:18 PM
Heh... system specs matter very little to me. Game quality has more value than that
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 04:52:10 PM
quote:
Skaw stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
It'd crush the GameCube and PS2 like a trash compactor, it's that HUGE LOL!

Hrm. I didn't see any fans on top.. And it's not like I'd be running all three at the same time (OMFG HALO VICE PRIME TIME! Hehe.), but anyway..

Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 04:54:08 PM
quote:
From the book of Delphi Aegis, chapter 3, verse 16:
Hrm. I didn't see any fans on top.. And it's not like I'd be running all three at the same time (OMFG HALO VICE PRIME TIME! Hehe.), but anyway..

Heat rises. The more heat-resistant stuff(the cases to the stacked systems) in the way = more heat built up in the X-Box. So it doesn't mater if the PS2 or Gamecube can be on or not. That heat's gonna just keep building up

And on a side note, its not smart to put anything next to a gamecube either, since its fan intake and vents are on the sides... Mine locked up twice while it was next to my SNES and AV cable switch.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 11-24-2002 04:54:18 PM
In old Salem, there was a witch trial created in which they stacked XBoxes on the accused's chest!

If she was crushed, then she was innocent, but if she turned them into Gamecubes, then she would be burned at the stake.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:54:49 PM
quote:
Azizza stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Well of course I would

Exactly, so whyever would I want to do something that you'd enjoy?

Besides, you have enough women making you happy. Add me and you officially have a harem

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-24-2002 04:56:39 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis was naked while typing this:

BWA HAHAAH. It's not antimicrosoft, 'Sage. I'm stating facts. They are fucking DESPERATE to sell Xboxes. Like the deal for trading in a PS2 and 3 games to get one for free. Or packaging games with it.

Keep in mind, also, that I work at EB. I've been there, Seen the deals that Xbox is pushing, seen the games they are coming out with, and since I've started working, I've done heavy research on reviews, because, you know, I want to give informed opinions of games to my customers.

I have an informed opinion about the three systems. Until you can say that you have played all three as much as I have (Yes, I do play the Xbox. I'm not as biased as you think), I'd ask you to stay out of this debate.

I've owned all three systems since their respective release dates.

I'll give my opinion later.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 04:59:47 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:
Exactly, so whyever would I want to do something that you'd enjoy?

Besides, you have enough women making you happy. Add me and you officially have a harem

And this would be bad?
LOL Ok that sounded wrong. I meant.. Ummm. I uhhh.. Oh shit someone hide me before Deth sees that!!!!!!!!!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 05:01:33 PM
*makes a point to steer Deth to this thread when he gets up*

*puts a big neon sign up saying "LOOK AT AZZiZAZAZAZAZA'S POST*

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 11-24-2002 05:01:42 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota wrote this stupid crap:
Yes, but it's hard to have fun when you can't tell what it is you're supposed to be looking at.

And even review magazines.. for as long as there have been Game Reviewers, there has been a score for Graphics. Because graphics are important to the overall fun and feel of the game. If not we'd all still be playing with Pacman-esque graphics.

M'eh. I don't find graphics all that important. Square could've slacked off on FFX and given it Atari 2600 graphics, but as long as everything else didn't bite that much ass, I'd love it just as much as I would if they somehow managed to give it graphics better than those of your typical XBox game. (Note: Yes, that WAS an exaggeration. However, my point should be clear.)

Having played XBox, I'd say that unless the price comes down, I won't be buying one. HALO and Fusion Frenzy were really fun, and multiplayer was great. However, those and Project: Ego are the only games I'd want for the system, so at the current cost of the XBox, it just wouldn't be worth it.

PS2 has a frickin' metric ton of good games. Not many of them are as good as HALO or FF on their own, but the sheer variety of games is what makes the system great.

I have yet to play GameCube, but thus far, I've only heard good things. I'm just hoping it really is that good.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 05:02:22 PM
I sure am glad I matured past the "try to bang everything that moves" stage.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 05:03:05 PM
quote:
This one time, at Delphi Aegis camp:
I didn't say it was a "Shitbox" on my "very first post"

Read sometime, whydontcha?

And for the record, I didn't stack them on the shelves, I was handing them to Matt, a fellow employee, who, by the way, has been working there for two good years, and is the only parttimer who can close the store, when the shelf ripped out of the wall.

And if you claim I was "Mindlessly slamming Xbox", then you've got one hell of a set of blinders on. It's damn big, sure, and they would have done a lot better if they didn't pack it with bloody lead, or anything.
And they ARE desperate to sell them, as I've said time and time again, and you conveniently ignore, since you can't argue against it.

And perhaps if you want a "polite" debate next time, you shouldn't come in on the second page of a thread and directly insult someone.

Just a thought.

Was that a lie, or are you honestly not reading your own posts?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 05:04:43 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Pirotess:

Hush you

He knows I'm long off the market

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 11-24-2002 05:04:56 PM
quote:
How.... Comrade Snoota.... uughhhhhh:

Have a little compassion for us late-bloomers

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 05:06:16 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about John Romero:
You can trade it in to EB and get like, 120 dollar credit towards almost anything in the store, if you want.

Hell, if you trade in the PS2 and three games, you get a shit-box for free.

First delphi post on this thread, Bloodsage.

Maybe he's not seeing what the rest of us see

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 05:07:05 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
*makes a point to steer Deth to this thread when he gets up*

*puts a big neon sign up saying "LOOK AT AZZiZAZAZAZAZA'S POST*

/auction WTB coffin and headstone.

Damn this is gonna hurt.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 05:07:54 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Khyron wrote:
First delphi post on this thread, Bloodsage.

Maybe he's not seeing what the rest of us see

That was my point earlier. . .and he replied with a non sequitur.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 05:09:18 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Bloodsage stammered:
That was my point earlier. . .and he replied with a non sequitur.

I think he needs new glasses more than I do

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 05:10:18 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Hush you

He knows I'm long off the market

Aye and Lyinar and Deth know I respect that. I will tease them both but they know it is just that

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 05:12:21 PM
'xactly

Nothing wrong when it's firmly established it's just playing around

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-24-2002 05:29:49 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi Aegis!

And yes, space is sometimes an issue, Fal. We don't all have spacious rooms to spread out in and stuff.. Though I suppose I could stack a Xbox, a PS2, and then a gamecube on top of each other.. Heh.

fuck the what?

Where did i post again that ya replied to me with this?

Anyway on that point...if the XBOX's size is gonna make THAT MUCH of a difference...god damn your room is small

The xbox is bigger than the PS2, yes...though the PS2 is about as all and only a little less wide -- the only reason people dont realize that is that its normally stored vertically.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Steven Steve
posted 11-24-2002 06:27:07 PM
If you need more room for an Xbox, I suggest you find a bigger cardboard box.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-24-2002 06:29:18 PM
quote:
This one time, at Fazum'Zen Fastfist camp:

Faz, I'm starting to like you more and more

Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 06:30:37 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Cuba:

Like the Xbox box! It's HUGE...R LOL!

KingBling186
DUMB ASS
posted 11-24-2002 06:31:27 PM
Fellaz!! Enough!!
KingBling wears a lime green blouse, parachute pants, and an ear-to-ear smile!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-24-2002 06:32:02 PM
1. I want a PS2 because it has games I actively desire to collect into my hoard and play. Not so much X-Box and NGC.

2. Bloodsage...have I told you yet how much I missed having you around?

3. You think Lyinar asking "where would I put something that big" is funny, should see what she does with a dual shock controller (bzzzzzz)

4. Azizza, soon as I get over being sick, remind me to smiteth you thoroughly.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Steven Steve
posted 11-24-2002 06:32:11 PM
Oh yeah yeah, the Xbox is hardly as large as most VCR's, and VCR's are becoming obsolete, so my advice is that you just replace your VCR with an XBox.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Fazum'Zen Fastfist ]

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 06:35:44 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
3. You think Lyinar asking "where would I put something that big" is funny, should see what she does with a dual shock controller (bzzzzzz)

4. Azizza, soon as I get over being sick, remind me to smiteth you thoroughly.

You know. I don't realy know how to reply to that. A part of me REALLY wants to comment on that. But the other part really likes my body being in one piece.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-24-2002 06:38:36 PM
quote:
So quoth Azizza:
You know. I don't realy know how to reply to that. A part of me REALLY wants to comment on that. But the other part really likes my body being in one piece.

She sneaks up on people and sticks it in their ear. Down boy.

oho! innuendo averted!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-24-2002 06:39:26 PM
Maybe I shouldn't stick my nose in here, my instincts are telling me not to... but I'm a gamer, I can't resist.

As a personal choice, I don't particularly care for the X-Box. Yes, the size is an issue, but from what I've seen, the game library has almost none of the games that I actually want to play. I don't enjoy sports games, or FPS's. From everything I've heard, the pinnacle of the X-Box's library is Halo. I considered it because I like fighting games, and I'm a huge fan of the DoA series, but having played it over at Callalron's place, I was a disappointed in it. The graphics were damn beautiful, but graphics alone do not a good game make. I wish I could base my opinion on more games, but there is almost nothing on the X-Box that I want to play.

I chose to get a Gamecube for several games in specific. SSBM, The Resident Evil Series, Metroid, and Mario. And now, permit me a moment of hypocracy. I will not be buying, or even renting the next Zelda game, simply because as a consumer I have a choice on whether or not I want to support games as they come. I love the Zelda series, but I refuse to support it continuing with those series of graphics. Yes, the graphics are good, but Link looks ridiculous. I'm sure the game will probably have great gameplay and plot, but while graphics aren't everything they are still important. You just can't neglect everything else in favor of graphics either.

Now, we come to the Playstation 2. The dominant system on the market. The library is huge (As huge as the X-BOX LOL!), and yes, many of the games are sub-par. But Y'know? There's also a lot of good games, and those are the games that I buy. I don't notice any real significant differences in graphics anymore. There's only so much more improvement that can be done on graphics until the industry makes actual virtual reality. What I like is the games themselves, not what the system can do on it's own. The Playstation 2 has serious developer support. That's probably the main reason why I like it. Well, that and the DVD support. (Does the X-Box still need a purchased add-on to play DVDs?)

I hope I stayed on topic there, I seriously can't remember.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 06:42:25 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael Model 2000 was programmed to say:

*dies laughing*

You are so bad!

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 06:43:19 PM
I want a console that can stand up for itself in a fight, not some dinky gamecube.
I <3 Steel Battalion!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: