EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Caster and Priest balance!
Skaw
posted 03-13-2002 05:35:38 PM
Just be glad Sage isn't available to respond!
Mightion Defensor
posted 03-13-2002 05:37:12 PM
For what it's worth, I didn't think you were whining, Ferrel.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-13-2002 05:37:15 PM
Actually, I don't have a dog in this fight, and I've chosen not to respond.

So neener.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-13-2002 05:40:55 PM
I don't think was whining either, and she had very valid points.

Everyone else who's whinging about other things can, 'gofuk'.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 05:41:14 PM
I never said you were whining Ferrel.

In fact, the person who STARTED all this is Delphi. Just thought you'd all like to know.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 03-13-2002 06:50:41 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Robocop:
I never said you were whining Ferrel.

In fact, the person who STARTED all this is Delphi. Just thought you'd all like to know.

I replied with what I thought was counter points to her points. If you as a necro what a necro "needs", yer going to get a large list. If you ask an enchanter what a necro "needs", chances are the list is going to be shorter, and maybe a bit more un-biased.

Thats all I was trying to do, but yall had to turn it into a flamefest. I was trying to be civil.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 06:55:41 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis impressed everyone with:
I replied with what I thought was counter points to her points. If you as a necro what a necro "needs", yer going to get a large list. If you ask an enchanter what a necro "needs", chances are the list is going to be shorter, and maybe a bit more un-biased.

Thats all I was trying to do, but yall had to turn it into a flamefest. I was trying to be civil.

Coming into the thread and telling the poster she has no reason to bother posting it isn't civil. K thx la~
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 03-13-2002 06:59:24 PM
I for one am shocked, just shocked, that this turned into a flame war.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-13-2002 07:04:12 PM
I....

Um, NM I realized I don't actually care and will still play EQ in the end.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 07:06:07 PM
quote:
Gydyon wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I for one am shocked, just shocked, that this turned into a flame war.

Are you really?

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 03-13-2002 07:14:52 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Are you really?

No.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-13-2002 07:22:49 PM
Anyway, the only class I have any real experience with is the monk and I feel we're pretty good as-is, issues with FD aside.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 07:32:48 PM
quote:
Gydyon had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
No.

Just covering your bases, I take it.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-13-2002 07:44:43 PM
quote:
Tier had this to say about Duck Tales:
ROFL.

They are less wanted on high end raids.

Why ROFL, Im the one that plays the mage, and knows how much we are wanted.

Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 03-13-2002 08:03:43 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Falaanla Marr was all like:
They are less wanted on high end raids.

Why ROFL, Im the one that plays the mage, and knows how much we are wanted.

No, no, it's just the pet eating exp part. Verant admitted an error in what they told the mage compendium, and you just ignored their correction.

quote:
Hello. I have an update, rather a correction, on one of the answers to the questions that the Mage Compendium folks sent in.
I was just informed by Scott Hartsman that I made a mistake about the pet experience thing. Pets only take experience from a group if they outdamage the entire group. If they do, then they gain a share as if they were a group member. If they do not, they take no experience at all.

This is how it's been working the whole time, and it makes a lot more sense. I'm sorry for the mistake.

- Alan

Gydyon
posted 03-13-2002 08:04:25 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Just covering your bases, I take it.

No.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-13-2002 08:11:00 PM
quote:
Tier had this to say about John Romero:
No, no, it's just the pet eating exp part. Verant admitted an error in what they told the mage compendium, and you just ignored their correction.

[QUOTE]Hello. I have an update, rather a correction, on one of the answers to the questions that the Mage Compendium folks sent in.
I was just informed by Scott Hartsman that I made a mistake about the pet experience thing. Pets only take experience from a group if they outdamage the entire group. If they do, then they gain a share as if they were a group member. If they do not, they take no experience at all.

This is how it's been working the whole time, and it makes a lot more sense. I'm sorry for the mistake.

- Alan

[/QUOTE]

nono, i read it just fine, thank you. I didnt ignore it.

But the fact that we were told our pets ONLY EVER took 1% from a group, never more, is what the problem is. We were told about a year and a half ago that in a group, 1% is all they will ever take.

now thats proven to not be true.

Fal

Skaw
posted 03-13-2002 08:17:13 PM
And that Fal, is why I think people need to shut the hell up and just do what gets the job done faster, safer, and easier. Lowers the risk while keeping the reward relatively the same.

And if it becomes too much of a problem where a pet outdamages the group, the mage can always opt to bust out the next lowest pet, or not buff the current one.

[ 03-13-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-13-2002 08:34:08 PM
quote:
Skaw thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And that Fal, is why I think people need to shut the hell up and just do what gets the job done faster, safer, and easier. Lowers the risk while keeping the reward relatively the same.

And if it becomes too much of a problem where a pet outdamages the group, the mage can always opt to bust out the next lowest pet, or not buff the current one.

The problem is, Skaw, groups have no real way to tell when the pet is outdamaging or not. In the clear cut cases, cutting down the pet is gonna hurt the group.

The mages BIGGEST problem with pet penalty (and other pet casters to a degree) is that our pets are something we RELY on, as a warrior does his sword, or a monk his fists. Yet A warrior isnt penalized if he does 99% of the damage in a group, but a mage is.

*shrug*

But yeah, Skaw. Thats why i dont MIND my role right now. Sure, it may not be my FAVORITE way to play, but we do get stuff done faster if i am there. The problem is, Casters dont tend to "stack" well, if you will. More than 1 caster on a raid brings greatly diminishing returns (not priests mind you), and that is why some casters feel weak. Sure, 6 mages in a normal everyday group are quite powerful, but 6 mages on an epic encounter arent nearly as useful.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 08:44:09 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
or a monk his fists.

I wish.

Skaw
posted 03-13-2002 09:05:47 PM
Or a boy and his dog!
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 09:42:30 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Or a boy and his dog!

A boy and his blob?

Skaw
posted 03-13-2002 09:44:18 PM
quote:
Densetsu impressed everyone with:
A boy and his blob?

D...d....
Don...
Don't ever say those words again.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-13-2002 09:51:30 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Skaw wrote:

D...d....
Don...
Don't ever say those words again.

Do you like jelly beans, Skaw?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-14-2002 12:45:33 AM
Clerics: They need something along the lines of White/Pearl/Holy at high levels. Something hard to resist that does heavy damage for lots of mana. This isn't a balance issue, and it may not get used often, but it NEEDS to be there. Clerics need a big-ass holy smackdown spell.

ALL pet classes: Pets should take no exp, no matter what. The pet abilities are a part of the class. To take away exp for it is to make a lie of the removal of the class exp penalties that they did so long ago.

Research: This skill blows goats, and is even dropped totally in the end game. Please put the research-only spells for sale on a vendor somewhere sane, such as in Shadowhaven or the EC tunnel.

hummm... what else... oh yah

Buff spells: Instead of buff spells overwriting/being overwritten/ignoring each other, how about some spells that work together. If you have Enchanter_buff_A on you, and someone tries to cast Shaman_Buff_B on you, they combine to create Enc/Sha_Buff_C. Maybe it's just the effects of A and B added together, or maybe it could even have a special effect all it's own. Either way, it could add some interesting posibilites to the game.

Enchanters: Pet mask spell. Cast it on your pet, and it becomes/looks like a random monster from the zone, just like the mage monster summons do. Same pet abilites, same stats, same level of brain death. Just something fun. Once again, this is a non-balance issue.

Staring at the book: This should go away. Far, far away. Not all players will ever make it to level 35. Many won't because they find their caster boring. One guess where alot of that bore factor comes from.

Some/all pet classes: We want to choose the names for our own pets! Especally Beastlords and Wizards (familiars). From what I recall, there have been some problems with them being named after their owners, fix it this way. Please?

Mages: I still want to know what you guys were on when you decided that the one and only mage lev spell would be at that ungodly high level. I'll never see it, and that's sad.

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Palador ChibiDragon ]

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: