EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Rage of Bahamut (Android CCG)
nem-x
posted 06-15-2012 08:01:22 PM
It's free. Play it so I get stuff, and you also get stuff too.

Referral code to enter at end of tutorial: czw76507

If you do play, don't use any of your Holy Powders or Cure Waters. Use them as currency for trading for rares.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3482903

nem-x
posted 06-18-2012 12:45:30 AM
Which one of you signed up so I can give you some stuff to help you out.

Rare cards usually go for 2-3 Holy Powders

Starter Tips
Beginner Guide

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-18-2012 09:01:25 AM
I started it late last night, and added your code. Kept thinking: "It's Free-to-Play, don't get suckered into paying money!"

Now I'm level 8, and $20 poorer.

Liking the game sop far though, I went with the Gods line based on a whim of Zair.

Is it me, or are half the cards monsters and dragons, while the other half are top-heavy women with revealing armor?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
nem-x
posted 06-18-2012 06:36:43 PM
What's your name in game? I'll send you a max-enhanced card that should win all your early game battles for you, but it needs 12 power.

I think the general starting strategy is to do nothing but upgrade your Stamina for the first 15 levels or so because your bars refill after you level up. Always add a fellow when you can, it's an extra +5 attribute points for free. You can remove a fellow once every 24 hours without penalty when the time comes to replace people who stopped playing.

You can plow through quests and your stamina by hitting the Proceed button, then hitting the back button about a second after. It will hit up a quest three times (which is the amount needed to get a treasure chest). It won't update your stamina bar graphic though, so count how many times you can do it ahead of time. You can also skip through the evolve animation by presin butan.

Also don't trade away your stuff for that dumb Gold Dragon that people keep trying to push. They are only good for selling, and it's only worth 30k. And the unevolvable quest cards (Doesn't have the 4 dots on the bottom right). In general, most people will try to screw you in trades. Stick with 1:1 and check up on prices on that bahamut forum.

And this is available for iphones too

nem-x fucked around with this message on 06-18-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-19-2012 11:10:48 AM
Thanks for the tips! Any idea how to find certain cards to trade for? Ideally I would be willing to trade a rare or some of those potion things for a High Elf (God-Rare) or another Nymph. (God-HighRare)

I'm 'alludar' in game, starting to farm 2-5 for normals to combine into High-normals to use for enhancing some of the God-rares I was fortunate enough to draw. We should Fellow sometime, are you in an Order by chance? Looking to find some people to get into the game with.

nem-x
posted 06-19-2012 08:31:27 PM
http://rage-of-bahamut.com/ is your best bet on finding exact trades with the search Read up on the evolving/enhancing stuff since you can get an extra 10% in stats pretty easily.

And you already have high rares > So what I can give pales in comparison.

Add me when you get a slot open 'nem-x'. The order I'm in is some random one I joined. They made me Def Leader (5% boost when defending) so I've been sticking with them.

nem-x
posted 06-20-2012 07:05:13 PM
because the character count limit sucks in game..

You should get enough stamina to be happy and just enough attack to field your best cards to do one single attack against someone, then put everything else into defense.

My deck only needs 84 power, but I have 150 defense. I only lose ~9 points from my defense gauge every time someone attacks me (10% of my decks power). So I can withstand multiple attacks and still field my best cards, all the while taking attackers rupies.

To get people to attack you, just attack and steal a blue treasure. Only Man faction people can get it from questing, and apparently we're the least populated faction so everyone tries to go for it. But this includes people who don't even need the treasure and just want to farm rupies from attackers.

Also if you find yourself having like 150k+ rupies and don't want to lose a lot of of it when you lose a battle (10,000 is the max you can win/lose), you can send a trade to someone with your rupies and then immediately cancel the trade. This puts the money into your Incomplete Trade mailbox where it's safe.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 06-20-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-22-2012 10:36:38 AM
Been fun getting up there in ranks so far, thanks for the tip about stealing blue items! Grabbed one this morning and had so many attacks bringing in money before someone took it that I made about 80K.

Working on finishing enhancing a pair of Daphne's before merging them. How does attacking/defending work during battles? It's hard to know what's going on when they only give you your point totals in battle.

nem-x
posted 06-22-2012 06:52:24 PM
The way decks setup and skills go off is this.
[4][2][1][3][5]
These are your five slots. The first card you add to your Attacking or Defense deck goes into the middle slot 1. If the card you put here has a skill, it will activate 100% of the time. Slots 2 and 3 have a 50% chance of activating, and 4/5 have a 25% chance of activating. However, only three skills at most will proc during a battle.

And it's basically just a total numbers game to determine who wins/loses after all the % changes from skills. Final attack value versus defense value.
Rupies taken or loss is 5% of the total amount a player currently haves on them.

edit:
Small boost 2.5%
Medium boost 5%
Big boost 10%
Great boost 12.5%
Massive boost 15?%

Alignment boost 5%
Def/atk leader 5%

A skill level increases the boost by 1%

nem-x fucked around with this message on 06-22-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-26-2012 05:56:51 PM
That clears up a lot of questions I had, thanks!

The game is sucking up half my productivity at work, but it's pretty fun to steal a blue item and watch them bang against the defensive line for it. I got my nephew into it too, though he also picked Gods.

Thanks a ton for the gifts, Nem!

nem-x
posted 07-04-2012 03:56:34 AM
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-05-2012 11:58:08 AM
Any idea how our Order/Guild is going to handle the upcoming holy wars? I read up on how they work, but have you been through one before? What should I expect or do to prepare?

Finished a 6/8 Daphne, which has been beastly for offense. Starting to look for more Nymph's and Rhea's to beef up defense a bit more.

Oh, and 'You can do it!'

nem-x
posted 07-05-2012 07:19:37 PM
We're going to stink out loud. I think 90% of the members have nothing but quest cards, and only attackers earn points I think.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-09-2012 12:34:38 AM
Huh, so I installed RoB on my phone to get another account going for the referral bonus.

After messing around a bit, it seems if I fellow request myself, accept, then break the fellow from the alt account it still gives my main the 5 point bonus and only subtracts 5 from the alt account.

Tempted to use this trick to give my main ridiculous stats.

Think it's bannable?

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-09-2012 12:45:13 AM
Oops, never mind. They take the points away from both accounts. Nevermind!
nem-x
posted 07-09-2012 12:45:25 AM
I wouldn't risk it if you've spent money on the game.
Maradon!
posted 07-18-2012 08:56:18 AM
I don't understand enhancing.

I gather that I should enhance to max before I evolve, but I'm getting conflicting information on how many times to enhance and what cards to sacrifice to enhance other cards.

Say I have Vampre Kid (all my demon cards are loli-goth for some reason), can I enhance with unwanted Gods cards? The forum post you linked says to enhance 8 times but the wiki entry on enhancing says enhancing more than 4 times is a waste.

nem-x
posted 07-18-2012 07:58:56 PM
You can use any card to enhance another card, it doesn't matter which faction it belongs to.
The higher the level a card gets, the more expensive it is to enhance. Use any ten unevolved normal cards to enhance the one you want to become beefy until around level 15-20. The maximum number of cards you can use to enhance in a single batch is ten. It is very cheap to enhance to level 20 using unevolved single cards compared to using 4-0 evolved cards (575 rupies x 3). After level 20, start 4-0'ing your normals to use as feeders. This way you can effectively shove 40 cards into a single enhance batch. None of this probably makes any sense.

Percentages

The #-# format is this:
The left number is how many cards used in total to evolve the final form card.

So a 4-0 evolve only uses four cards. Loli goth vampire combined with Loli goth vampire to create Loli goth vampire+. Loli goth vampire+ combined with Loli goth vampire to create Loli goth vampire++. Then Loli goth vampire++ combined with Loli goth vampire to create [Super loli] Loli goth vampire.

The right number is how many of those cards were maxed enhanced before being evolved. i.e. Max enhancing a Loli goth vampire++ and a Loli goth vampire and then combining those two will make a 4-2 [Super loli] Loli goth vampire.

The percentage figure is how much of the maximum possible stats that particular combination will get. Generally speaking, you should at the very least always do a 4-2 (95.730%). 4-4 (96.554%) for best bang for your buck and retaining a good resale value. I wouldn't really bother doing anything but 4-0s (86.629%) for normals/high normals though, since rares have dropped in price dramatically to 1hp per rare.

PICTURES

nem-x fucked around with this message on 07-18-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-18-2012 08:26:28 PM
So if I have a 3-0 Loli Goth Vampire, and a 1-0 Skeleton, and I max enhance both of those cards, and then I sacrifice the skeleton to enhance the Loli Goth Vampire, I'll have a 4-2 [Super loli] Loli goth vampire?

I feel like I'm talking about monmusu quest.

Basically, I'm max-enhancing not only the cards I intend to use, but the card I am sacrificing to enhance them, and I'm doing it every time I evolve that card? That's kind of a lot of cards isn't it? I've fed probably over 20 to my Goblin Fighter already and it still isn't max enhanced.

nem-x
posted 07-18-2012 08:44:35 PM
You do not need to enhance cards that you are going to use as sacrificial bait. You do want to 'evolve' your junko cards that you intend to sacrifice in order to save on rupies after a card reaches around level 20 though.

You can only evolve with similar cards. In order to get a 4-2 super loli, you need to have four lolis in total. Evolve a loli with another loli to get a loli+. Evolve that loli+ you just made with another regular loli to get a loli++. Then you want to max enhance the loli++ with your 1-0 skeletons until she gets to level ~20. After that, to save on rupies, you will make 4-0 skeletons to enhance the loli++. After the loli++ is MAX'd out, you want to enhance your last remaining loli to MAX status, and then finally evolve your lolis together.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9208/4cardevoguidesm.jpg You can see the MAX thing on the bottom of the cards in question.

Maradon!
posted 07-18-2012 08:57:41 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into nem-x who doth quote:
You do not need to enhance cards that you are going to use as sacrificial bait.

OOooooh kay that was the one piece of information I was missing that suddenly makes everything make sense.

You're evolving your feeder cards just to "combine" them just so you can feed more than 10 at a time and to save money.

nem-x
posted 07-18-2012 09:03:45 PM
Maradon!
posted 07-18-2012 09:23:20 PM
I have been wasting a lot of money and cards.

How about joining an order and accepting these fellow requests? Any reason why I should or shouldn't accept certain people, or a specific order I should join?

nem-x
posted 07-18-2012 09:34:43 PM
Always accept fellow requests for the free 5 attribute points. You can remove one fellow per 24 hours with no penalty and refund the 5 points back.

Also you can search for nem-x and join the one me and rk are in since there's one open spot, well there used to be. I can ask for an inactive to get booted. What's your name in game

Also do not accept out of the blue trades since it's most likely a very one sided deal that is not in your favor at all.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 07-18-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-18-2012 10:55:26 PM
BastiatXP was the only permutation of my usual names that wasn't taken
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-19-2012 06:31:59 PM
Maybe I mis-read the brief guide on how the current event works. Seems like there's an alternate quest chain of 100 levels along with three new items sets.

Each item set completion gives a new card (One for each faction) and if you get all three sets done then complete the 100th quest area you get another awesome card.

Some people get a super-card because they're badass, but how are we ranked in this? Can Orders help at all besides giving help during boss fights?

nem-x
posted 07-19-2012 06:52:14 PM
It's a personal thing. And I think you rank based on what level you get to, and since there are no current scoreboards a lot of people aren't trying to poopsock it
nem-x
posted 07-19-2012 10:56:34 PM
Maradon!
posted 07-20-2012 06:40:05 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into nem-x who doth quote:
Join our order maradong

I clicked join order but nothing happened and now the invite is gone

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-20-2012 02:43:35 PM
Can't seem to attack anyone to take their EventItem+ things. Keeps saying they've already lost or used it. I'm on a wifi connection, but maybe the server is slow from the crazy amount of people fighting over items?

After this event rupies, Gold Dragons and Angel Queens aren't going to be worth anything since they drop like candy during the event.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-20-2012 03:12:12 PM
Found out that the workaround is to look up random rivals to right, then see what treasures they have. It's the only way to get the new items.
nem-x
posted 07-20-2012 06:51:52 PM
Gold Dragons are only useful for selling for 30k.
Angel Queens give 3 levels? when enhancing I think
Dave
)_(
posted 07-21-2012 02:36:05 AM
Wish I had that referral code when I started oh well.

My account is david40k. Let me know if you have some rares for sale nem I have hp.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 07-23-2012 02:39:25 AM
iPhone version is buggy as hell. Won't give me a keyboard to enter the referral code...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Maradon!
posted 07-23-2012 05:02:57 PM

Japan is full of pedophiles.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-24-2012 02:43:48 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:

This is news? I figured that out years ago when I heard about the vending machines where you could buy used schoolgirl panties. The place is wall-to-wall freak show candidates.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-24-2012 03:07:52 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Maradon!:

I kinda thought the same.

Then I saw some of the differences between Tera (original Korean release) and Tera Online (US, EU and JP release)... Yeah, it got censored going into Japan.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 07-25-2012 08:18:20 PM
When you're evolving cards, and you're on the very last screen before the video (the one that has the rupee price in red at the top. The button just has the word "Evolve")

If you DOUBLE tap the "Evolve" button, you will get an error screen. From this error screen, if you just tap the Evolve shortcut in the bottom right, you'll be taken back to the evolve screen but with the evolution you were setting up before already complete.

This is a handy way to skip that annoying fucking video and evolve lots of cards quickly.

nem-x
posted 07-25-2012 11:07:18 PM
Not sure about double tapping, but I've been hitting the Evolve button in the center before it even loads then hit the one on the bottom right. Enhancing too.

Use the back button to skip quests.

nem-x
posted 07-28-2012 02:59:31 AM
Selling buttloads of rares for 1hp each

nem-x
nemaoki

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: