EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Skyrim
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2011 02:15:06 PM
So, who's getting it on the 11th?

FUN POLL: How many months will it take Bethesda to patch a stable build after launch?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-08-2011 03:11:18 PM
Amazon should ship my CE tomorrow.

I won't play it before sometime 2012, though.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-08-2011 04:30:40 PM
Already bought and paid for a month ago. Very excited.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-08-2011 04:40:15 PM
I was at conferences and conventions when Arkham City and Uncharted 3 came out. I'll be at one again this weekend.

Fruck.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-08-2011 07:45:19 PM
Deth and I are going to pick it up at midnight. Although it's the 15th that I can't wait for.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-08-2011 08:07:02 PM
What's on the 15th?

I am SO going to be all over Skyrim when it comes out.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-08-2011 08:50:47 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about the Spice Girls:
What's on the 15th?

Assassin's Creed.

I'm excited for both :3

nem-x
posted 11-08-2011 08:53:00 PM
I haven't read anything about it but I'll be buying it anyways. It looks like Oblivion 2.0
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-08-2011 08:58:00 PM
I was debating between Gears 3 and MW...until I remembered Skyrim. I shall be getting it this weekend.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Gadani
U
posted 11-08-2011 10:17:37 PM
I'm getting it and going to work the next morning on no sleep!
Khyron
posted 11-08-2011 10:23:05 PM
I took friday and monday off (paid time off) and am going to midnight release on thursday.

I am already stocking up caffiene in the fridge.

I am ready.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-08-2011 11:29:57 PM
Not getting it. Never finished the previous 2 games, see no point in paying for another game I'll never finish.

The previous games hit me with "Ooh! Piece of candy!" syndrome and then I was lost as fuck and couldn't get back to the story. Restart multiple times with the intent of "Do Not Deviate From Story Quests".... and then wind up in the middle of BFE fighting shit and forget where I was.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-08-2011 11:40:35 PM
deviating from the main quest is the whole fucking point
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-09-2011 01:06:37 AM
Yeah, but eventually I want to finish the game. And if I keep getting drawn off and then lost, what's the point?

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were bad enough in that respect. Damn near hit level cap before making it a third of the way through "the story"...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
posted 11-09-2011 02:39:15 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Knight Rider:
Not getting it. Never finished the previous 2 games, see no point in paying for another game I'll never finish.

The previous games hit me with "Ooh! Piece of candy!" syndrome and then I was lost as fuck and couldn't get back to the story. Restart multiple times with the intent of "Do Not Deviate From Story Quests".... and then wind up in the middle of BFE fighting shit and forget where I was.

I kinda agree. Oblivion was a horrible soulless game, with little or no real depth in it if you looked behind the eyecandy.

Fortunately, for me, it took 80+ hours of fantastic entertainment to find that out.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 11-09-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-09-2011 04:53:33 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator said:
Fallout 3 and New Vegas were bad enough in that respect. Damn near hit level cap before making it a third of the way through "the story"...

Best way to play Bethesda games:

• Play until last story quest.
  • Go off wandering.
  • Do every other quest.
  • Come back and do last story quest.

Stops the earlier story quests from "spoiling" due to you being too powerful, which happened to me in Fallout and Oblivion.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-09-2011 06:30:50 AM
quote:
So quoth Kegwen:
Assassin's Creed.

I'm excited for both :3

UMVC3

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-09-2011 07:09:12 AM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Robocop:
Assassin's Creed.

This!

I'm working on my replays of II and Brotherhood leading up. I'm just doing the story items, not the special things, and I'm playing on PS3 this time since I did them on 360 last time. I just want the whole story nice and fresh in my head.

I have Tuesday onward off next week so I can stay home and do nothing but immerse myself. I'm going to pick it up at midnight and play until Adam gets up for work, then nap some, then rinse, repeat, etc. I've been looking forward to this since I heard Revelations was coming.

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 11-09-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-09-2011 12:37:17 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Vallo, the Second Coming wrote:
UMVC3

Already paid off and waiting for it.

Strider/X23/Deadpool should prove entertaining for a while.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-09-2011 06:00:53 PM
Yeah I need to reserve that for Deth because it comes out Tuesday as well.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-09-2011 08:54:42 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Random Insanity Generator wrote:
Yeah, but eventually I want to finish the game. And if I keep getting drawn off and then lost

...then you are playing the game correctly. If you were dedicated to the critical path then you could finish it in no time, but then what's the point of playing an open world game?

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-09-2011 10:22:54 PM
quote:
So quoth Kegwen:
...then you are playing the game correctly. If you were dedicated to the critical path then you could finish it in no time, but then what's the point of playing an open world game?

Maybe if they weren't so damn crash prone and buggy it wouldn't be as painful? I dunno...

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-09-2011 10:31:01 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Random Insanity Generator squealed:
Maybe if they weren't so damn crash prone and buggy it wouldn't be as painful? I dunno...

Which is why I switched most of my gaming to consoles years ago. There may be a couple of downsides, but I've never had crashing problems like I did on PCs. And playing on the 100+ inch home theater with real surround beats the hell out of any monitor/sound card setup.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-10-2011 12:27:36 AM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about pies:
Which is why I switched most of my gaming to consoles years ago. There may be a couple of downsides, but I've never had crashing problems like I did on PCs. And playing on the 100+ inch home theater with real surround beats the hell out of any monitor/sound card setup.

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I've had both crash after patching and updating on the 360 (well, I've crashed 3 on my 360, NV on a friend's 360).

I think if I just stayed clear of Bethesda....

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-10-2011 03:31:32 AM
At least they're using a new graphics engine and 40 voice actors this time.

Though I notice they retained all the Oblivion voice actors (all 5 of them) so it'll be interesting to see which NPC's have the classic voices.

Tarquinn
posted 11-10-2011 01:10:33 PM
quote:
From the book of Mortious, chapter 3, verse 16:
At least they're using a new graphics engine and 40 voice actors this time.

Though I notice they retained all the Oblivion voice actors (all 5 of them) so it'll be interesting to see which NPC's have the classic voices.

Still kinda cheap compared to the 144 voice actors Dragon Age had.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-10-2011 01:45:26 PM
I got my physical copy today, one day early, but because it's tied to Steam I can't play it until it "unlocks" tomorrow.

Oh fuck you Steam.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-10-2011 05:08:38 PM
They'd have put in a proprietary release date check against their server if they didn't choose Steamworks.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-10-2011 10:48:22 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator's fortune cookie read:
Already paid off and waiting for it.

Strider/X23/Deadpool should prove entertaining for a while.

Indeed! I'm thinking X-23, either Ironfist or Frank West, and Doctor Strange.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-10-2011 11:54:34 PM
Deth is tempting me with Doctor Strange because I love Doctor Strange.

Just picked up Skyrim. Holy fuck, the game guide could give someone a concussion.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-11-2011 12:55:13 AM
quote:
What is this crap that Vallo, the Second Coming is spewing?
Indeed! I'm thinking X-23, either Ironfist or Frank West, and Doctor Strange.

I'm still trying to decide who I wanna match Phoenix Wright up with...

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-11-2011 04:34:49 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Cuba:
I'm still trying to decide who I wanna match Phoenix Wright up with...

Speaking of him, There is a Phoenix Wright movie Directed by the same Guy who made Saiyuki Western Django and Ichi the Killer.

Peter fucked around with this message on 11-11-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-11-2011 05:03:33 AM
Yep. Waiting to see how that pans out... so far it's looking interesting.
nem-x
posted 11-11-2011 07:55:32 AM
First impression: What the hell is with this inventory system. Instant ctd
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-11-2011 11:01:29 AM
That's ok. Some people are falling through the cart the instant they get control of their char and becoming stuck in the world geometry. Instant unplayable.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-11-2011 03:09:30 PM
No problems here.

Now off to find a male Khajiit to get married to.

Khyron
posted 11-11-2011 09:37:27 PM
Controls feel weird after coming from oblivion/new vegas.

kinda bleak game world but I haven't explored everywhere yet so hopefully that improves.

Feels more like morrowind than oblivion IMO. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-12-2011 04:46:36 AM
Of course it's bleak, it's Skyrim.

Was a bit disheartened to learn how the Empire was invaded and half conquered by uppity elves. Not a spoiler as it happens before the game and you learn about it pretty quickly.

So now I kill every elf I come across.

Khyron
posted 11-12-2011 05:25:01 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about (_|_):
Of course it's bleak, it's Skyrim.

Was a bit disheartened to learn how the Empire was invaded and half conquered by uppity elves. Not a spoiler as it happens before the game and you learn about it pretty quickly.

So now I kill every elf I come across.

I was hoping for more mountain valleys like the one you emerge in when you escape the dragon in the intro. Lots of foliage, lots of streams/waterfalls, etc. Very lush.

Best quest so far - A hangover-esque quest where you get drunk as hell, wake up in an unfamiliar place, and have to find your missing drinking companion and figure out what you did the previous night.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 11-12-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-12-2011 08:05:22 PM
I've not done much questing beyond the basic ones in the first city.

Too busy running away from giants after being used as a baseball.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: