EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I did it!
nem-x
posted 08-26-2010 08:11:22 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-26-2010 09:45:12 AM
I haven't even been called a fag yet on battle.net.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-26-2010 12:20:26 PM
I haven't been on battle.net since Delid owned me badly twice in a row.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-26-2010 01:49:12 PM
Like when we played original SC way back in the day? Good times.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-26-2010 01:57:14 PM
I haven't been on battle.net since Diablo.
Tarquinn
posted 08-26-2010 03:33:08 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Duck Tales:
Like when we played original SC way back in the day? Good times.

Yes. I don't even know what year that was.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-27-2010 10:40:55 AM
I am still not 100% sure how the league system works, but I am now a couple hundred points ahead of the 2nd place guy in my platinum division, but it isn't moving me up to diamond.

I got ignored by some guy who was rageshitting ingame at me after I beat his proxy rush down and he was demanding I quit and give him the win because he was the better player and deserved the points which would have (Supposedly) moved him up to diamond rank

He dropped 5 places from the loss

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-27-2010 02:03:18 PM
quote:
Vorago still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
I am still not 100% sure how the league system works, but I am now a couple hundred points ahead of the 2nd place guy in my platinum division, but it isn't moving me up to diamond.

I got ignored by some guy who was rageshitting ingame at me after I beat his proxy rush down and he was demanding I quit and give him the win because he was the better player and deserved the points which would have (Supposedly) moved him up to diamond rank

Oh, you need to post that replay, just for the rageshitting.

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-27-2010 06:03:27 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Vorago gently hums:

Don't you know better? The better player is the one who loses!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Vorago
posted 08-28-2010 12:33:05 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Karnaj said:
Oh, you need to post that replay, just for the rageshitting.

Sadly most of the rageshitting was after the game, during the game was just whining/begging. He didn't get really angry till he was almost out of buildings, so the replay is only like 20% of the total rage

Rest was in private messages afterwards, not nearly as fun

He did tell me I needed to get hit by a bus AND fall off a bridge and die though

Vorago fucked around with this message on 08-28-2010 at 12:35 AM.

nem-x
posted 08-28-2010 06:42:33 AM
nem-x
posted 08-28-2010 06:54:10 AM
Greenlit
posted 08-28-2010 08:59:56 PM
I have a similar build Antec. Aside from the terrible PSU positioning/partitioning, it's a wonderful piece of engineering.

The PSU positioning just sucks so bad.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-30-2010 01:23:00 AM
I think I have the same case and the same motherboard.

However when I bought the motherboard I also bought an Antec Skeleton case to put it in because I wasn't going through the fucking kick in the balls to rebuild a system in that case.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
nem-x
posted 08-31-2010 02:41:04 PM
nem-x
posted 08-31-2010 02:50:09 PM
[12:46:07] [W From] [Spàrtis]: please man this will ruin me
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-31-2010 02:53:15 PM
Well, sucks to be him, I guess. Shit's really that expensive, though? Wow.

Beer.

Nina
posted 08-31-2010 06:18:41 PM
MUDflation ahoy!
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-31-2010 11:20:01 PM
That specific item is only received after a Warrior/Paladin/Death Knight completes the Shadowmourne quest line and then turns in a quest that you pick up off of the Lich King's corpse.

THAT quest gives you 5 items that each give a quest to receive various bonuses for completing the entire quest line. (So you get a legendary weapon, and 5 cool bonus things.)

Since you have to complete an incredibly long and difficult line of quests to get the extra items, and can only be received once per character, they're worth a fucking ton of gold each.

Willias fucked around with this message on 08-31-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 09-01-2010 12:19:21 PM
Why the shit would you pay 35k gold to look like a frost dwarf?
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-01-2010 01:48:29 PM
Hell if I know.

I'm not going to argue with it though. 7 shards away from getting my axe.

The red death knight mount that you get can auction for over 100k gold.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 09-01-2010 03:46:08 PM
But... you'll RUIN him...
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Vorago
posted 09-01-2010 07:15:57 PM
So does anyone else on here actually play SC2? Not custom maps, but the actual game?

Just curious, discussions and all

nem-x
posted 09-01-2010 09:00:28 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-01-2010 10:29:59 PM
I played the campaign through, and I'm on the ladder, as well. I do enjoy a good nexus war from time to time, though. Johnthorb 593 if'n you wants to play sometime.

Beer.

Tarquinn
posted 09-02-2010 04:02:26 AM
quote:
Vorago stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
So does anyone else on here actually play SC2? Not custom maps, but the actual game?

Just the singleplayer stuff.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-02-2010 04:26:30 AM
Got most of the way through then put it aside for a bit to deal with other things and haven't picked it back up.

Which is odd, I was enjoying the fuck out of it while playing... would have figured that I'd have finished it... now I have other games piling up (Metroid Other M and Valkyria Chronicles 2 being the big ones) and it's sliding further down the list....

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-02-2010 09:36:47 AM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Punky Brewster:

Yes, but I'm not very good at it.

Edit: More specifically: I do alright at the beginning of a game, but have problems managing resources as time goes on, especially if combat picks up. "Whoops. I have 4000 crystal. That's not good." And then can never quite figure out how to build things fast enough to get my resources back down.

Willias fucked around with this message on 09-02-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Vorago
posted 09-02-2010 11:59:58 AM
Well, first thing is having a bit of an excess of production buildings, more than you would think would be logical. Seeing 10 warpgates or 5 hatcheries in use is common and needed.

Easiest way i've found is to keep all your production buildings bound to a single hotkey, I use 5, just keep grouping them together as you make them

Worse can scenario you can just pull up all your buildings from across the map and just make things

Protoss get this built in with the W key though for warpgates though.

Vorago
posted 09-04-2010 01:03:49 AM
Few more things, especially as a zerg.

-Armor upgrades. As fast as you can. People rarely upgrade period and armor upgrades as an advantage can be sort of disturbing. Especially terran players who I almost never see upgrade, I attribute this to them being too busy riding the terran easymode train to bother with such peasant things as upgrades.

I've won a lot of games from the enemy walking a blob of 0/0 units into my +2 armor upgraded units. A roach with lvl 2 armor takes 50 marine attacks to die. Each. Hell, sometimes I get 3 evo chambers just to push the upgrades out even faster.

-Never underestimate creep. Spread that shit to every corner of the map, or if you are against a zerg, get a small force out there killing every last tumor you can find. People don't appreciate just how good the speed boost to the units is.

-Multiple queens are always a good idea. Some people keep one at each base, I prefer to just roll them in a pack. Hotkey #4 is my queen button. You can also spawn larva from the minimap. If you see a stargate forming drop everything for more queens, even if that means stopping a lair upgrade. They are also your best reaper rush defense.

Skaw
posted 09-05-2010 07:37:47 PM
quote:
nem-x wrote this stupid crap:
[12:46:07] [W From] [Spàrtis]: please man this will ruin me

I hope you told him to

nem-x
posted 09-06-2010 03:46:00 PM
[11:10:59] nem-x: look at all dem auctions
[11:11:50] aaronpaccione: Not going to sell
[11:12:03] aaronpaccione: You'll be ruined

nem-x
posted 09-06-2010 06:04:20 PM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-06-2010 06:09:35 PM
I have one of those and the one from ICC10

I liked to do sit there like that, too

Maradon!
posted 09-09-2010 05:13:34 PM
NEMX what is that bar mod you're using up top there? Is that just a fubar skin?
Maradon!
posted 09-09-2010 05:15:52 PM
quote:
x--SkawO-('-'Q) :
I hope you told him to

ps. don't forget to tell me what bar mod you're using, nemx.

nem-x
posted 09-09-2010 08:16:09 PM
bartender + buttonfacade (caith skin)
Skaw
posted 09-10-2010 02:33:12 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

ps. don't forget to tell me what bar mod you're using, nemx.

nem-x
posted 09-10-2010 07:32:39 PM
nem-x
posted 09-10-2010 07:43:55 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: