EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I did it!
nem-x
posted 11-03-2010 01:33:35 AM
You get a free name change. Whats there to complain about since thats a p shitty name
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-03-2010 01:41:22 AM
quote:
*yaaaaaawn* Sorry, nem-x, I drifted off while you were saying:
You get a free name change. Whats there to complain about since thats a p shitty name

(1) It was honest
(2) Until the removal of Tree Form as a permanent shift it kept me amused.

Their reason of removing the name is flimsy at best.

quote:
Please keep in mind that while certain names may seem appropriate to you, another player in the game may find the same name inappropriate or offensive. In the end, we want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players.

So someone else gets butt-hurt over a name that is pretty clearly not offensive/racist and my enjoyment of the game goes out the window for their enjoyment.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Greenlit
posted 11-03-2010 04:44:57 AM
you should appreciate being able to distance yourself from that shitty webcomic -- for free, too, as nem mentioned
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-03-2010 07:03:20 AM
Or stop being a whiny little bitch over stupid shit? Thought about that?
Willias
Pancake
posted 11-03-2010 11:07:15 AM
quote:
This one time, at Random Insanity Generator camp:
So someone else gets butt-hurt over a name that is pretty clearly not offensive/racist and my enjoyment of the game goes out the window for their enjoyment.

1) You haven't fucking said if you were on an RP server or not. If you were, fucking deal with it, that's the price of rolling on an RP server.

2) If your "enjoyment went out the window" over a losing retarded name like "Faildruid" perhaps you should re-evaluate why the hell you're playing the game.

3) Fuckin deal with it anyway.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-03-2010 11:37:56 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Willias wrote:
1) You haven't fucking said if you were on an RP server or not. If you were, fucking deal with it, that's the price of rolling on an RP server.

2) If your "enjoyment went out the window" over a losing retarded name like "Faildruid" perhaps you should re-evaluate why the hell you're playing the game.

3) Fuckin deal with it anyway.

The point you're missing, and the point they've missed: that "reasoning" goes both ways. They want an environment where everyone can have their fun, but they've now sided with one vs another. I wasn't griefing, I wasn't being an ass (well, not more than anyone else who's bored waiting on a random dungeon queue), I wasn't being offensive. I was having my fun. Someone didn't like the name and because somehow my character's name caused them to somehow stop having their fun I get to have my fun altered.

The reactionary BS for their rule enforcement in general is crap. All these spiffy rules and unless someone reports it (and for some crap it takes LOTS of people reporting it) no one actually pays any attention. A guild spends months exploiting WG nearly 24/7 and despite quite a few people sending tickets, nothing changes. One person gets "offended" by a name and suddenly they're on that shit.

Meh, in a week or so it won't matter anyway. Probably wouldn't have irritated me to begin with except I was actively working on leveling that character and until I finish this "discussion" with them I can't log into that character without accepting the name change. Eventually that's most likely to happen, but I can still be the annoying bastard they expect me to be.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Greenlit
posted 11-04-2010 03:39:39 AM
tl;dr

"im a whiny faggot"

Asterisk
Pancake
posted 11-05-2010 08:53:04 PM
So I finally got around to re-installing auctioneer and selling the crap that had been filling up my bank alts gbank. While I was at the auction house, I found this nice trick to turn 30g into 90g.

edit - and just as I was making awesome profit on glyphs, it goes to crap.

Asterisk fucked around with this message on 11-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.

nem-x
posted 11-05-2010 09:18:24 PM
Thats the nature of glyphs; people think deep undercutting will net them better sales when the market is pretty much inelastic
Asterisk
Pancake
posted 11-06-2010 07:50:07 PM

Excuse me while I clean my pants.

Greenlit
posted 11-07-2010 01:17:37 AM
get hit capped, faggot
nem-x
posted 11-12-2010 12:49:47 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: