EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WoW UI
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-08-2009 08:17:50 PM
Alright, so I've started playing WoW again, after a good, long hiatus. I've never used anything other than the default UI, but I know that plugins can really enhance the game.

So the questions is, what UI plugins do you recommend?

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Greenlit
posted 01-08-2009 08:19:44 PM
Go try this out.

http://www.airspirit.org/mcui/mcui.html

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-08-2009 08:27:44 PM
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-08-2009 08:30:46 PM
nem-x
posted 01-08-2009 08:31:03 PM
quote:
nem-x is gay said this about your mom:
when I played
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-08-2009 08:48:14 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by nem-x:
[QB][/QB]
Maradon!
posted 01-08-2009 09:24:04 PM
quote:
Greenliting:
Go try this out.

http://www.airspirit.org/mcui/mcui.html

I'll never understand why people like mods that condense the entire UI into a tiny postage stamp.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-08-2009 09:47:44 PM
I like the idea, but I always end up wanting more information.

I stole Beska UI's layout and put in entirely different mods. I might give a new layout a shot sometime soon though

Damnati
Filthy
posted 01-08-2009 11:58:09 PM
Bartender 4, DHUD2, SimpleMinimap, and Aperture are absolutely essential for me. FUBAR and aguf are good too, but not really necessary.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Addy
posted 01-09-2009 11:40:35 AM
I like Caith's UI if you have ever seen it, although I've had some serious issues with Pitbull since WOTLK came out. Horrible support for death knights.

Kithicor's UI seems pretty nice, I might actually check that out. Although it has Pitbull too, boo =/

Addy fucked around with this message on 01-09-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-09-2009 01:24:10 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Addy!
I like Caith's UI if you have ever seen it, although I've had some serious issues with Pitbull since WOTLK came out. Horrible support for death knights.

Kithicor's UI seems pretty nice, I might actually check that out. Although it has Pitbull too, boo =/

Already supporting Death Knights

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-09-2009 02:01:47 PM
Here's my UI:

Combo of X-Perl, Bartender4, MagicRunes, Recount, QuestHelper and Omen (along with gatherer for mining and crap).

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 01-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Addy
posted 01-09-2009 02:09:02 PM
quote:
So quoth nem-x is gay:
Already supporting Death Knights

I always seem to have an issue where my runes disappear after I use a vehicle, causing me have to reload my UI. It's pretty annoying for stuff like Wintergrasp.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-09-2009 02:10:01 PM
Oh that was the one thing I changed. I got magic runes (Fal's UI).
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-09-2009 03:09:54 PM
quote:
Check out the big brains on Addy:
I always seem to have an issue where my runes disappear after I use a vehicle, causing me have to reload my UI. It's pretty annoying for stuff like Wintergrasp.

Get simplerune. It works.

Nina
posted 01-09-2009 04:00:43 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
So the questions is, what UI plugins do you recommend?

The question you should be asking is, "What do I want to change about the default interface?"

Do you want to take less screen space? Make it prettier? Add helpers/macros for some class mechanics?

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-09-2009 04:21:29 PM
For plugins I use...

Pitbull
Dominos
SimpleMiniMap
SimpleRune
SLDataText
Combuctor
QuestHelper
TomTom
Grid
PowerAurasClassic
NeedToKnow
Buffalo
Lightheaded
Auctioneer
oPie
MrPlow
Omen
Aloft
TipTac

And I'm pretty happy with them. YMMV. I'll post a screen shot later when I get home from work.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-09-2009 05:31:13 PM
It would also help to know what class or classes you plan to play, as some classes have mods that are pretty much must-haves.
Maradon!
posted 01-09-2009 08:04:24 PM
Now THIS is a goddamn user interface.

1) Hotbar artwork still enabled, like all true gamers have
2) Non-fading, mostly opaque chatboxes
3) Information --==OVERLOAD==--

Hey fal, do you notice a bug with xperl that causes your self-buffs to be completely hidden unless you disable and re-enable the window in options?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-09-2009 08:08:17 PM
worst UI ever
Default is better.
Maradon!
posted 01-09-2009 08:25:46 PM
False.
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-09-2009 08:28:27 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Cuba:
False.
Maradon!
posted 01-09-2009 08:30:38 PM
nem-x is gay is gay
Akiraiu Zenko
posted 01-09-2009 08:31:20 PM
Well, my main is a level 43 Blood Elf combat-spec sword rogue (Lamis on Alexstrasza), but I have an alt of every class, some I'm more serious about than others.

As far as what I want, so far I've tried out QuestHelper and found it to my liking, despite a couple little glitches. (Kill the Horde Warbringer in Orgrimmar for tangy clam meat for my artisan cooking quest?)

I've seen Gatherer (my fiance uses it), and I'll probably end up getting that. More efficient use of screen space would be nice, too. And for some of my characters, my shammy especially, I'd like a bit more hotbar space. (24 freaking totems!? Not to mention all my spells and use items!)

Maradon!
posted 01-09-2009 08:35:20 PM
You should focus on a DK since they out DPS the best DPS class and out tank the best tank.

At the same time.

They can also take 5 people in PVP even if they're completely unskilled.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-09-2009 08:42:26 PM
WoW is boring. Even DK, which has the most amount of things to do, is boring.

I guess the only thing I liked about WoW with my Hunter was to roll my finger along the mouse wheel and watch big numbers appear on my screen and see my name at #1 on the dps chart.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-09-2009 10:48:17 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when nem-x is gay wrote:

I guess the only thing I liked about WoW with my Hunter was to roll my finger along the mouse wheel and watch big numbers appear on my screen and see my name at #1 on the dps chart.

The whole time being a terrible hunter but always bragging to us about how awesome you were when you failed at anything other than doing dps which since TBC came out is really only a minor part of what a Hunter needs to do.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-09-2009 10:50:20 PM
quote:
Verily, Maradon! doth proclaim:
They can also take 5 people in PVP even if they're completely unskilled.

Prot Warriors are awesome in PvP. I may not be able to kill anyone, but it takes like six people to kill me. The only thing more hilarious than trying to kill a Prot Warrior is trying to kill a Prot Paladin.

The other day in AV I ran into another Prot Warrior on the Field of Strife and we both charged each other. Thankfully, six other Horde rolled by and ganked him with me about three minutes later. Otherwise, we would have been locked in eternal combat.

Greenlit
posted 01-10-2009 02:28:20 AM
quote:
nem-x is gay's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Aside from not being the little brother of another established guildmember (which was fulfilled, sadly, by the hunter who didn't know if he should take a Kara drop over his 65 quest reward) you were a combination of every other bad hunter stereotype I've ever heard of.

You were absolutely awful at all levels of play.

nem-x
posted 01-10-2009 02:42:43 AM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-10-2009 03:04:21 AM

chat frame is as black as Maradon's soul

also the redundant minimap is from Carbonite (Quest Helper-like) that I don't really have open all the time. I'd use it exclusively if it would show things that you're tracking

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-10-2009 03:21:53 AM
I fucking hate that health bar where they are on Kegwen's thing. They get in the way.

I much prefer the top-left health bars.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-10-2009 03:31:41 AM
I couldn't live without it anymore. Timers go above the self and target bars. Combo points are on the target frame. Parrot goes just above that.

I enjoy having all the information I need in combat in the center of the screen

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 01-10-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-10-2009 07:48:52 AM
quote:
Greenlit obviously shouldn't have said:
Aside from not being the little brother of another established guildmember (which was fulfilled, sadly, by the hunter who didn't know if he should take a Kara drop over his 65 quest reward) you were a combination of every other bad hunter stereotype I've ever heard of.

I thought you were dead. We had a funeral. It was nice. Everyone came.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-10-2009 08:23:16 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

We weren't on the same server, and I did my role better than any other Hunter I grouped with.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-10-2009 08:25:48 AM
quote:
nem-x is gay painfully thought these words up:
We weren't on the same server, and I did my role better than any other Hunter I grouped with.

We were on the same server, in the same guild, and grouped almost daily.

The three of us actually played on two different servers together.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-10-2009 08:45:58 AM
quote:
How.... nem-x.... uughhhhhh:
best ui

Haha, I remember that. Nem was farming the crusader enchant and his severe ADD kicked in and after like two spawn rounds he said in group chat, "FUCK THIS SHIT" and mounted up, and saw one last spellbinder and killed it and it had the enchant.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-10-2009 09:23:58 AM
quote:
Bricktop's account was hax0red to write:
Prot Warriors are awesome in PvP. I may not be able to kill anyone, but it takes like six people to kill me. The only thing more hilarious than trying to kill a Prot Warrior is trying to kill a Prot Paladin.

The other day in AV I ran into another Prot Warrior on the Field of Strife and we both charged each other. Thankfully, six other Horde rolled by and ganked him with me about three minutes later. Otherwise, we would have been locked in eternal combat.

Actully I like running into the boomkins now, tend to be how long till they can't come up with any more mana Before I start danceing, Which is nice that you really don't need to do so much.

I have the conclusion they 2/3 of DK are all huntard alts, sinc ehunters are th only Fucking retard DPS class that to the same things and can never focus fire.

Also, My ui Setup, Only things missing is I hide omen when out of group and Uncrushable which gives a nice reading of your avoidance...Really not an issue anymore though.

Akiraiu Zenko
posted 01-10-2009 10:16:19 AM
Ooh, what UI is that, Nem? I like the looks of that one...
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-10-2009 10:19:20 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Zephyer Kyuukaze wrote:
Ooh, what UI is that, Nem? I like the looks of that one...

You're both dumb

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: