EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fallout 3
nem-x
posted 10-29-2008 12:46:39 AM
Suddar
posted 10-29-2008 03:11:58 AM
No way, this game is amazing. The dialogue screens are reminiscent of Oblivion, but that's about it.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 10-29-2008 03:44:24 AM
worth the money?
Suddar
posted 10-29-2008 06:24:32 AM
Well I've only had it for a day, but I'd say yes
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-29-2008 08:15:56 AM
Its pretty fun so far. Love the voice actors they got for it.

Ron Perlman as the Narrator.
Liam Neeson as your father.
Malcolm McDowell as the President of the US/Leader of the Enclave.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-29-2008 08:50:35 AM
It's on my gamefly.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 10-29-2008 09:48:52 PM
Definitely worth the money, but it carries over so many of the problems that plagued Oblivion. I expected to hate it, didn't like it at first, but have been warming up to it today.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-29-2008 10:37:25 PM
I've been dreading and anticipating it. I can honestly say, I'm content with what I have and hope to be playing this 10 years from now. Just as I have played the originals.

Worth the 79.99 for my bobble head, dvd, book and lunchbox.

Steven Steve
posted 10-30-2008 01:12:27 AM
Played it a bit past the tutorial. Seems identical to Oblivion so far.

Except with shitty inexplicable performance drops, that is.

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 10-30-2008 at 01:12 AM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

I dun got banned
Pancake
posted 10-30-2008 01:42:41 AM
I love the Rock-It Launcher. Decapitating a raider with an empty milk bottle is a good thing.
I dun got banned
Pancake
posted 10-30-2008 11:58:51 PM
Also when you pickpocket someone, slip a grenade in their pants. Laffo
Steven Steve
posted 10-31-2008 01:48:31 PM
This is the same game as Oblivion, only leveling is less stupid, and you can blow people's heads apart. And there are guns. And lovely apartments!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Steven Steve
posted 11-01-2008 12:58:22 AM
I am the Master Chief now. But guns still have shit accuracy.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-01-2008 06:27:49 AM
fucking fire ants jesus christ those fuckers just dont die.

I blew through most every stim pack I had, every piece of ammo I had, and was using trails of land mines near the end there.

Then I found Rivet City and bought more shotgun shells than I'll ever need. I love blowing people's heads apart.

nem-x
posted 11-01-2008 08:32:13 AM
Installing now

HERE COMES THE DISAPPOINTMENT

Steven Steve
posted 11-01-2008 01:13:10 PM
I have beaten the game.

"Amazing"

"Revolutionary"

"It's Oblivion with guns"

7/10

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 11-01-2008 at 01:13 PM.

nem-x
posted 11-01-2008 09:06:40 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Tron:

"It's Oblivion with guns"

This, as soon as I got out of the vault.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-01-2008 09:32:51 PM
Just got this, but finishing Fable 2 first.

I enjoyed Oblivion and I like guns, so I have high hopes.

nem-x
posted 11-01-2008 09:40:03 PM
Is there a way to fast forward time so I don't have to spend 120 caps on a hooker bed or use stimpaks to heal
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 11-01-2008 09:44:51 PM
quote:
nem-x painfully thought these words up:
Is there a way to fast forward time so I don't have to spend 120 caps on a hooker bed or use stimpaks to heal

Get a house or murder a family and take their house... then sleep in their bed whenever you need to rest up.

nem-x
posted 11-01-2008 09:46:00 PM
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 11-01-2008 09:52:38 PM
quote:
nem-x Model 2000 was programmed to say:
This is not my fallout!

Drink toilet water

Steven Steve
posted 11-01-2008 11:26:56 PM
To heal, use stimpaks, drink water, eat food, sleep on beds, talk to doctors, etc. Regular mattresses just lying around in the world will heal you also. You only get radiation sickness every 200 rads your level increases, so there's not much to worry about there. You'll usually find rad-away before that happens, so go ahead and slurp up the irradiated puddles wherever you need to.

Also, if you get in this situation, the healing really is preferable in the short run even if it gives you radiation poisoning, which will just decrease your endurance and agility by one or something in the first degree.

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 11-01-2008 at 11:28 PM.

I dun got banned
Pancake
posted 11-02-2008 01:24:52 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by nem-x:

Press T . I am assuming you're playing PC, because mods are only a matter of time.

nem-x
posted 11-02-2008 01:25:55 AM
quote:
I dun got banned spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Press T . I am assuming you're playing PC, because mods are only a matter of time.

hooray

nem-x
posted 11-02-2008 01:36:43 AM
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-02-2008 01:51:24 AM
The Rock-It launcher is the greatest weapon in video game history. Exploding a raider's head with a bottle of Whiskey is incredible.
Skaw
posted 11-02-2008 07:45:08 AM
Shishkebob is pretty awesome too. Flaming Lawnmower blade sword. Too bad it drains HP over time to use though.
nem-x
posted 11-02-2008 09:33:23 AM
I don't remember being able to back-to-back improve the SPECIAL stats when picking perks but I like it
Steven Steve
posted 11-02-2008 10:39:31 AM
That's just if you do intense training, haha

Maradon!
posted 11-02-2008 01:41:54 PM
haha, looks like most oblivion cheats work

modpca and modpcs and unlock and so on.

When the guy demanded I surrender the sexy lingerie, I convinced him otherwise and shot him in the back of the head as he was leaving.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 11-02-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Skaw
posted 11-02-2008 04:01:46 PM
You can get Lucas Simms hat and coat without having Megaton hate your guts by getting The Power Of Atom started from Burke, then telling Simms about Burke's plan. They'll start having a shootout and you can then kill Simms and take his stuff.
Steven Steve
posted 11-02-2008 04:56:13 PM
But then you won't have a fancy apartment.

Skaw
posted 11-02-2008 06:11:05 PM
Yeah, but the only real reason to have the Apartment or Suite is for item dump space, free purified water from the butlers, and the nuka-cola machine to de-rad nuka-cola bottles.

It sucks you can't Sandman Kill him, because he never stops patrolling the main "road" in Megaton.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 11-02-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-02-2008 08:13:57 PM
A few times I've seen him standing all by himself on an overlook above his house that I can't find any way to get up to.

It looks like the ass end of an airplane and there seems to be a way to walk through it, but there's no steps up inside his house.

Skaw
posted 11-02-2008 08:22:01 PM
Well, either way, I've never seen him sleep.

Also, you can still potentially get an apartment by getting him and Mr. Burke to kill eachother. Going to Tenpenny, you can get a quest chain about dealing with a group of ghouls that want to be residents there. You can choose to have the ghouls assault Tenpenny Tower through it's basement, and the lead ghoul Ron offers you the suite.

The quest is available when disarming the bomb, but you don't get the suite I believe. So I'm also not entirely sure if Ron offers you the suite again without having it for blowing up Megaton in the first place.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 11-02-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-03-2008 01:07:28 AM
If you get Burke to kill him, you still get an apartment for disarming the bomb. You just get it from the sheriff's son instead of the sheriff himself.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-03-2008 09:17:56 AM
It is a cockroach baseball battery simulator!

Also enjoy blowing peoples legs off and beating them to death with a baseball bat. Or creeping up behind them and beating them to death with a baseball bat. Or trying to throw stuff using grab item and hit it with a baseball bat.

Hurrr I am a major leaguer

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-03-2008 09:24:25 AM
Exploding Super Mutants' heads with your bare hands is quite satisfying.
Steven Steve
posted 11-03-2008 09:43:52 AM
quote:
Led got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
It is a cockroach baseball battery simulator!

Also enjoy blowing peoples legs off and beating them to death with a baseball bat. Or creeping up behind them and beating them to death with a baseball bat. Or trying to throw stuff using grab item and hit it with a baseball bat.

Hurrr I am a major leaguer

Yeah but it rather sucks that you can't bat them in the eyes/groin like the old games, doesn't it?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: