EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Get any new toys lately?
Mightion Defensor
posted 09-29-2008 08:47:57 PM
My latest new toy is a 16gb 4th generation iPod nano. I got it mainly because I was getting near the 8gb capacity of my previous one - that, and the fact that the Genius feature wasn't directly supported, and by the simple fact that no one builds sex out of aluminum and glass quite like Apple.

The new screen is doubleplusgood, especially in the Now Playing screen. Sure, I didn't like having to buy a new car charger, and I had a few issues with the battery life at the beginning, but it's still cool playing videos on the little screen, though I can't see myself copying any DVDs to watch on it.

Maradon!
posted 09-29-2008 09:28:52 PM
There is never a valid reason to purchase any Apple product.

I recently upgraded to FiOS. 20mb down 5mb up. I have been upgraded to their top package of 50mb down 20mb up for 3 months because they missed five motherfucking install appointments.

So that's swell.

I bought a new shampoo that works pretty good. A few months ago I got some new glasses that are pretty awesome, they have no nosepads, they just rest on the bridge of your nose. This makes them easier to clean, and allows you to have smaller glasses without reducing your field of vision. They felt odd at first but I've gotten used to them.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-29-2008 09:41:49 PM
quote:
Maradon! fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.

I recently upgraded to FiOS. 20mb down 5mb up. I have been upgraded to their top package of 50mb down 20mb up for 3 months because they missed five motherfucking install appointments.

So that's swell.

Well, the 270+ songs I've purchased from the iTunes Store were 270+ additional reasons for me.

My mother, now that we have digital cable, wants me to let her get internet from the cable company too, replacing our/my DSL. I may just let her, and go through the hassle of changing everything on my internet that relies on my current email address...

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-29-2008 09:46:31 PM
Don't argue with Maradon any time he speaks as if he has absolute truth
Maradon!
posted 09-29-2008 09:53:04 PM
You can argue with me any time you would like to be wrong in public.

I'm fooling this time of course, I'm sure there's a reason to buy an ipod, I just don't understand what it is. Things like an FM radio, voice recorder, SD card slot, and smaller price tag are more compelling to me.

Nina
posted 09-29-2008 09:54:09 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about John Romero:
Well, the 270+ songs I've purchased from the iTunes Store were 270+ additional reasons for me.

I gotta say the joke's on you, for letting yourself get enslaved by DRM.

Me?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-29-2008 09:56:17 PM
go go Amazon MP3
Maradon!
posted 09-29-2008 10:02:44 PM
go go burning to CD then ripping it again

or better yet emulating blank media with a drive emulator, burning to and ripping from that so you don't waste cd's.

or better yet just finding an app that strips drm.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-29-2008 10:07:12 PM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:

http://tunebite.com/en/audio_video_drm_copy_protection/index.html

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-29-2008 10:24:50 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Nina did read;
I gotta say the joke's on you, for letting yourself get enslaved by DRM.

Me?

But, I'm not enslaved. The only mp3 player I have is my nano. I can play it in my car, and obviously when walking around. I've no need for my music to play on anything else. What exactly am I enslaved to?

As for features... an FM tuner? I don't listen to the radio, because Buffalo radio sucks.

Voice recorder? I've no need to record what's going on around me; I don't do interviews for a living.

SD card slot? I've no need for one either; the only other SD Card slot device I have is... my Wii. I can think of no situation where there would be data on my MP3 player that I'd put to put on my Wii.

You may say the price is high, but it's almost insane how good album art looks on the Now Playing screen, despite its size. I've yet to see anything that works better than the click wheel interface, either.

Addy
posted 09-29-2008 10:28:06 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Captain Planet:
I bought a new shampoo that works pretty good. A few months ago I got some new glasses that are pretty awesome, they have no nosepads, they just rest on the bridge of your nose. This makes them easier to clean, and allows you to have smaller glasses without reducing your field of vision. They felt odd at first but I've gotten used to them.

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT57&PRODUCT_ID=188 Smells so good and lasts a long time!!

Plastic glasses? I got those this month, too. With high-index plastic? for the lens. Let me tell you, despite it being the same prescription as my old, my vision is a LOT better. Took my eyes about a week to adjust, though.

Addy fucked around with this message on 09-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 09-29-2008 11:08:44 PM
quote:
Maradon! posted

You want to run OS X without dealing with third-party, unsupported workarounds.

As far as toys for myself, I am planning on getting Ninja Gaiden 2. Otherwise, I've spent a ton of money on hockey gear recently, so trying not to blow my money on stupid shit... like the $80 I spent on networking hardware last weekend... and the $50 I spent on WAR... welp...

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 09-30-2008 12:25:34 AM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-30-2008 12:39:56 AM
YOU HAVE A SMALL PENIS AND NO GUN WILL EVER CHANGE THAT.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-30-2008 12:40:54 AM
Am giving Alltel a try due to AT&T having shitty service here in Stevens Point. So I got this:

Mind you, I love my iPhone. But this thing is pretty awesome too. Mine is red.

I also just bought this yesterday, and it'll be delivered this week:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId =21196359&searchString=21196359&displayBreadCrumb=null&_requestid=671107

This way, I can finally set up my second monitor!

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 09-30-2008 at 12:41 AM.

Arttemis
posted 09-30-2008 12:41:37 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said this about your mom:
YOU HAVE A SMALL PENIS AND NO GUN WILL EVER CHANGE THAT.

Sad but true

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-30-2008 12:42:48 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Arttemis:
Sad but true

No, I'm kidding, I'm sure you're huge enough to use your erection to fire that behemoth.

Say something in gunspeak that will make my knees weak.

Arttemis
posted 09-30-2008 12:57:16 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:
No, I'm kidding, I'm sure you're huge enough to use your erection to fire that behemoth.

Say something in gunspeak that will make my knees weak.

What, you mean something about how I yanked my operating rod out of the hot, lubricated chamber, pausing momentarily and ejaculating brass haphazardly across the landscape before slamming the rod home again in an explosion of cordite and ecstasy?

No way, man... what do you think I am, some kind of creepy gun nut?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-30-2008 01:12:13 AM
<--- Came
Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-30-2008 01:23:37 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about dark elf butts:
go go burning to CD then ripping it again

or better yet emulating blank media with a drive emulator, burning to and ripping from that so you don't waste cd's.

Is DRM really that easy to fuck?

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-30-2008 06:25:19 AM
A house. Though that's not really a toy, it kinda dominates the radar right now.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 09-30-2008 06:26:43 AM
bunch of weeaboos in this thread

nem-x fucked around with this message on 09-30-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Maradon!
posted 09-30-2008 06:52:00 AM
quote:
x--AlidaneO-('-'Q) :
You want to run OS X...

That's not a valid reason.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 09-30-2008 10:32:52 AM
I bought Wipeout HD for 20 bucks... Probably one of the best game investments I've made in a while.

Yay for on of the Playstation's first franchises to return in HD. It's beautiful, the music is great and all the game modes are fun. Also, allowing you to bring in all your custom music for Zone Mode is pure awesome.

I can say that my brain kind of locked up after getting into zone 30+ with any type of metal/speedcore/drum and bass playing... too much flashy and scary colors.

I recommend it for people that have a PS3, obviously. I also recommend it to any past fans of the game.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-30-2008 11:33:38 AM
I'm going to buy Wipeout HD this weekend, yeah. Looks fantastic.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-30-2008 12:17:32 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by nem-x:
bunch of weeaboos in this thread

[xIMG]http://www.nem-x.com/i/spacer.png[/IMG]
[xIMG]http://www.nem-x.com/i/spacer.png[/IMG]

[xIMG]http://forums.evercrest.com/mysmilies/00002113-3636.gif[/IMG]
[xIMG]http://www.nem-x.com/i/wokband.jpg[/IMG]

... If that's the new drumset for RB2 and not a third party custom, I think I know what I am buying today.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-30-2008 12:18:35 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Captain Planet:
... If that's the new drumset for RB2 and not a third party custom, I think I know what I am buying today.

That's the ION. It's $300.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-30-2008 12:24:21 PM
quote:
Kegwen got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
That's the ION. It's $300.

Double damnit.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-30-2008 12:24:27 PM
Got a Wii for my birthday.

What are the current must-have games?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-30-2008 12:27:46 PM
Mario Galaxy is the best game on the platform. The Resident Evil 4 remake is worth it if you never played the first one. Boom Blox got favorable reviews. Smash Brothers is there if you're into that sort of thing. There are more, but those popped into my head first.

I'm not very familiar with the more casual games on there, but I understand that there are several worthwhile games in the "chill out with your friends/girlfriend" category.

Delphi Aegis
posted 09-30-2008 01:07:12 PM
quote:
So quoth Captain Tarquinn:
Got a Wii for my birthday.

What are the current must-have games?

Zelda, though I'm assuming you already have that.

No More Heroes, though I doubt it'd be enjoyable with the heavy german censoring (You cut people in half and have blood and coins spray out of them), though it's still the tits.

Zack And Wiki is good, if you like puzzle adventures.

And the full prime series (1, 2, 3) if you can nab the first two are totally worth getting. Prime 3 especially if only due to "that's mostly how an FPS should control on a console" factor.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-30-2008 01:10:27 PM
No More Heroes, too.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-30-2008 02:51:30 PM
Don't forget Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Mario Kart Wii is mad fun, too.
Greenlit
posted 09-30-2008 02:53:34 PM
I bought a blazer from Goodwill for $8
Skaw
posted 09-30-2008 03:28:51 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Optimus Prime:
No More Heroes, too.

Thirded. Bought it when it was released despite not owning a Wii, and playing it on my brothers while he was out of town.

Steven Steve
posted 09-30-2008 07:28:36 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor wrote this stupid crap:

lol

die, Mightion

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-30-2008 07:35:45 PM
Paying for things on the internet? Ha ha!
Steven Steve
posted 09-30-2008 07:53:09 PM
Exactly.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 10-01-2008 11:35:23 AM
I went and bought an XBox 360 a couple weeks ago. I am eagerly awaiting Fable 2.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 10-01-2008 11:52:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

No More Heroes is on my to-buy list (along with RE: Umbrella Chronicles and Fire Emblem). The other stuff, Mario Galaxy and Kart, Smash Brothers I will probably buy when they're re-released as low-price titles.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: