EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: FUCK YOU GUITAR HERO
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 12:06:16 AM
You ruined my fucking Scorpions with your goddamn horrible cover and now I'm not buying your shitty game.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 12:25:59 AM
Heat of the Moment? More like worst official Guitar Hero chart that exists. And Cartman sung it better.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2007 12:28:49 AM
Yeah from what I understand Harmonix halfassed this

I bet they put interns on 80s edition

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 12:41:19 AM
Because, It's Midnite by Limozeen is the biggest piece of shit chart. 81% notes cleared, 100% outside the solo. 5 starred it.

You would think that a song that is by a fake band that is probably paying you to advertise their music on would at least be able to have any shred of audio quality. I have never seen any more BS solo in my life.

And it's the fucking Tier 2 Encore what the christ? This is more Encore worthy than The Scorpions, Asia, Eddie Money and White Lion?

Fuck 80's and if you buy it, you're a retard.

Ryuujin
posted 07-21-2007 12:49:56 AM
You bought it.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2007 12:59:35 AM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about Pirotess:
You bought it.

keen observation you sure showed him

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:00:43 AM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about Robocop:
You bought it.

It comes out the 24th.

Greenlit
posted 07-21-2007 01:03:02 AM
fukken ebgames faggot

wow firefox tells me all three of those are spelling errors

and so is "firefox" apparently

Greenlit
posted 07-21-2007 01:06:44 AM
seriously just looking at the set list shows that harmonix totally phoned this one in while working on Rock Band

so many good bands are represented by bad songs

there's really nothing on the set list that makes me go "fuck yeah this rocks" like the last two games did. the closest ones are radar love and ballroom blitz, but both versions are covers of covers.

now that i think about it holy diver's cool i guess but seriously harmonix. just seriously.

Blackened
posted 07-21-2007 01:08:40 AM
If you've paid or are going to pay full retail for this you're an idiot.

This has never been a game I've looked at and thought, "Hmm, this is worth buying." In fact, I knew from the start that it would only be worth warezing.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2007 01:11:55 AM
Even if it were a good game it wasn't worth more than $30 new
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:17:33 AM
Fyi, Radar Love has a terrible chart.

The Warrior, Turning Japanese and Hold on Loosely weren't too bad, and I like the re-skinned Blackout Bar is pretty neat. Most of the costumes for characters are pretty boring and there's only like half of the ones from II. Pandora's is pretty cool.

That's everything positive I have to say about this game and after next song I'm halfway done. (just fyi, I 5 starred everything while completely BSing the solos like i normally do, so black and sean you guys should like not even bother srsly.)

Blackened
posted 07-21-2007 01:19:58 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough.
Fyi, Radar Love has a terrible chart.

The Warrior, Turning Japanese and Hold on Loosely weren't too bad, and I like the re-skinned Blackout Bar is pretty neat. Most of the costumes for characters are pretty boring and there's only like half of the ones from II. Pandora's is pretty cool.

That's everything positive I have to say about this game and after next song I'm halfway done. (just fyi, I 5 starred everything while completely BSing the solos like i normally do, so black and sean you guys should like not even bother srsly.)

I'll get the game for songs like Play With Me and Wrathchild. Though I really suspect I'll only enjoy 5-10 songs, max.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:26:16 AM
The first half of What I Like About You made me turn it off. I now realize that the way they will make things hard now when it's just a rhythm based song in a high tier is give it tri-chords up the fucking ass.

I can't play this anymore.

Greenlit
posted 07-21-2007 01:37:28 AM
I imagine Hold On Loosely isn't that bad of a song but I fucking hate the song itself. It's so overplayed on every ClearChannel classic rock station. I used to hear it every three hours - at the rarest - when I lived in GA.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:40:53 AM
btw zomg hyperspeed code prz k thx
Greenlit
posted 07-21-2007 01:42:00 AM
YBOOBYYO
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2007 01:42:14 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Gainsborough was all like:
btw zomg hyperspeed code prz k thx

guitar hero is so much harder without hyperspeed

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:43:56 AM
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 01:49:44 AM
Hyperspeed made What I Like About You playable, but barely. God what an awful chart.

Thanks for da code, Sean.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 02:25:12 AM
I don't know why I was excited for 80s music in Guitar Hero honestly. Yes, I love hair flair and such, but most of the songs are really easy aside from one or two chicken-picking solos.

My bad.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2007 02:26:32 AM
it needed more metal

the first two tiers are for shitty easy songs

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 02:27:39 AM
80s metal is dumb to play though if you're bad at solos. (i am)
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-21-2007 03:08:01 AM
Extreme's "Play With Me" is such an awesome song though.

Suuuuuuck. Maybe it will end up being thrown into the downloadable areas, so you can get just those songs you love.

And how IS th cover of Play With Me anyway?

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 07-21-2007 08:22:28 AM
Play With Me gameplay - courtesy of Youtube
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 11:31:46 AM
Yeah, at least Play With Me is the last Encore song. I also hear that Police Truck is pretty good. (I went to bed after Tier 4)
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 12:08:05 PM
Hahah, Los Angeles is more "Spam on the downstrum" than I Wanna Be Sedated in GH1.

Also, Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time is another awful "tri chords are hard! we wanna put ____ in a high tier because they're a popular band! let's make songs harder than they actually are by making ridiculous chord combos " songs.

Next up, Wrathchild.

Edit - Ok, Wrathchild was awesome. Very very easy to 5 star though. Not really because of the song, but because of the low score required. I got like 131k first run and still got it.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 07-21-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-21-2007 12:44:09 PM
Electric Eye is fun and hard, Police Truck and Seventeen are both cool, Caught in a Mosh is

Trying to beat Play With Me atm. It's pretty tough at the end.

Edit - That Electric Eye score is horseshit. I did 5k better than it and 4 starred.

PHOTOSHOP

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 07-21-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Greenlit
posted 07-22-2007 02:57:44 PM
Lonely is the Night cover is pretty damn good
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-22-2007 02:58:47 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Cuba:
Lonely is the Night cover is pretty damn good

RB-YO-YO-RB RB-YO-YO-RB this-pattern-really-sucks

but yeah the song is good

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-22-2007 04:02:58 PM
I thought stars were based on note percent and not scores, or am I wrong?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-22-2007 04:09:31 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Captain Planet:
I thought stars were based on note percent and not scores, or am I wrong?

You are wrong. There's a specific score cutoff for every song.

Score Hero can tell you more.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-22-2007 04:17:12 PM
Ok. Thanks.
Hayato
Pancake
posted 07-26-2007 01:36:19 AM
I'm so lucky I didn't buy this one like I did the previous two titles. My roommate did.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-26-2007 01:38:43 AM
Conspiracy theory:

Harmonix is trying to sabotage the Guitar Hero name with a shitty half-assed encore to make Rock Band look more appealing

Blackened
posted 07-26-2007 02:04:40 AM
quote:
Kegwen.
Conspiracy theory:

Harmonix is trying to sabotage the Guitar Hero name with a shitty half-assed encore to make Rock Band look more appealing

Possible, but entirely underhanded and not really like Harmonix. They seem really devoted to their fans. Not to mention, Rock Band doesn't need the extra push for attention. The game speaks well enough for itself.

I couldn't tell you what the real reason might be. But perhaps they were simply too busy focusing on Rock Band to be bothered with putting their 100% into 80s edition?

Blackened fucked around with this message on 07-26-2007 at 02:10 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-26-2007 02:05:54 AM
quote:
This one time, at Blackened camp:
I couldn't tell you what the real reason might. But perhaps they were simply too busy focusing on Rock Band to be bothered with putting their 10% into 80s edition?

easy on that 0 button chief

Blackened
posted 07-26-2007 02:12:39 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough.
easy on that 0 button chief
It's bad, but it's not "abysmal never make another game again," bad. For me, it was purely "Disappointing bad." I know Harmonix is capable of a lot more, and they just couldn't be bothered.

One thing I do enjoy about this release is they clearly gave 80s music the amount of effort it deserves.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-26-2007 02:22:56 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about Tron:
One thing I do enjoy about this release is they clearly gave 80s music the amount of effort it deserves.

Harsh.

Fair, but harsh.

(I love the 80s, but it probably is the worst era in musical history.)

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-26-2007 08:02:29 AM
I stand by my prior prediction regarding interns and new hires being responsible for this game. If they'd put their full effort into it it would have been a lot better

in other news GH3 will have Dragonforce (source)

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: