EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New Patch Notes
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-13-2007 02:29:45 PM
Hither.

Summary:

Yay Rogues.
Fuck Paladins.
Fuck Warriors.
Everyone else gets some cool shit.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-13-2007 02:44:09 PM
Warrior changes suck overall but oh god insignia of the horde removes polymorph now oh god
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-13-2007 02:56:33 PM
Priests got fucked proper.

Our Circle of Healing review resulted in a increase of effect- to the tune of an extra 25 health healed.

That's right guys, for only 41 talent points, you too can heal a target and 4 other people (within his group, within the radius of the effect) for 570 health for only 450 mana. At level 70.

Yeah, it's instant cast. So what.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Greenlit
posted 04-13-2007 03:04:32 PM
I don't see how you can even begin to call this 'Fuck Paladins.'

This patch is freeing Paladins from being shoehorned into healing - which, let's face it, was always broken as shit - and making Retribution into an even more viable tree. It just sucks Protection didn't get as much love as Ret did.

Still no idea why Blizzard keeps kicking Priests in the balls.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-13-2007 03:42:11 PM
Yay, fishing changes!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 03:54:57 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan impressed everyone with:
Hither.

Summary:

Everyone else gets some cool shit.

What about Mages?

Counterspell nerf, Ice Block nerf, DPS remains significantly behind Warlocks.

On the bright side, the lowest possible DPS spec gets a 5% damage buff, bringing its DPS up to somewhere between "awful" and "lol."

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 04:34:13 PM
shaman changes suck too guys. D:
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-13-2007 04:38:31 PM
I knew Spiritual Attunement was too good to last in it's current form. Made duoing with a shadow priest easier than intended, prolly?

Gee, the mining changes, and now this? I can see the situation:

The Black Temple is cleared except for one mob: Illidan himself.

He sits on his throne, oddly oblivious to the deaths of all his lieutenants and minions, while 25 people gather at the entrance, healing and buffing, doing last minute bio breaks before tackling the Big Guy himself.

Suddenly, off to the side, a Khorium Ore node spawns. Unseen by the party, a solitary miner goes over to it. The raid leader notices, far to late to do anything beside mouth "No" as the first "tink" of a mining pick upon the node is heard,

In horror, the whole raid turns to face the miner, and far away, on his throne, Illidan looks up, and snarls, leaping from his throne and storming towards the entrance!

Blackened
posted 04-13-2007 04:50:23 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor.
I knew Spiritual Attunement was too good to last in it's current form. Made duoing with a shadow priest easier than intended, prolly?

Gee, the mining changes, and now this? I can see the situation:

The Black Temple is cleared except for one mob: Illidan himself.

He sits on his throne, oddly oblivious to the deaths of all his lieutenants and minions, while 25 people gather at the entrance, healing and buffing, doing last minute bio breaks before tackling the Big Guy himself.

Suddenly, off to the side, a Khorium Ore node spawns. Unseen by the party, a solitary miner goes over to it. The raid leader notices, far to late to do anything beside mouth "No" as the first "tink" of a mining pick upon the node is heard,

In horror, the whole raid turns to face the miner, and far away, on his throne, Illidan looks up, and snarls, leaping from his throne and storming towards the entrance!

that's stupid

you're stupid

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 04:57:06 PM
quote:
Greenlit's fortune cookie read:
I don't see how you can even begin to call this 'Fuck Paladins.'

This patch is freeing Paladins from being shoehorned into healing - which, let's face it, was always broken as shit - and making Retribution into an even more viable tree. It just sucks Protection didn't get as much love as Ret did.

Still no idea why Blizzard keeps kicking Priests in the balls.

I don't know, this patch seems to do a pretty decent job of buffing Prot Paladin holy damage.

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 04:59:52 PM
This is a cool enough thing that it deserves its own post:

Currently on test, Polymorph doesn't restore health or mana to the morphed target.

Edit: Other unlisted changes/bugs can be found here.

Willias fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-13-2007 05:00:44 PM
quote:
So quoth Willias:
This is a cool enough thing that it deserves its own post:

Currently on test, Polymorph doesn't restore health or mana to the morphed target.

That's ridiculous.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 05:39:44 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan attempted to be funny by writing:
That's ridiculous.

Chances are it's a bug.

That's too big of a change to be unlisted.

Greenlit
posted 04-13-2007 05:41:39 PM
There are a lot of bugs on Test right now. Polymorph is just one of many.
Dave
)_(
posted 04-13-2007 05:51:11 PM
Frost mages didn't get nerfed, they got buffed.

A new ice barrier, increased damage for rank 12 frost bolt, and the ice pet comes in with full hp&mana for the players int&stam bonus so maybe he can chain frost bolt for all 40ish seconds rather than going oom pretty fast. The Arctic Winds talent being changed to something viable rather than lol wanna be tanking talent is nice. I'll have to take some points out of arcane to get that now.

They took out the frost nova spell crit nerf and replaced it with a new system, so maybe a few ice lances per frost nova/frostbite will be doable again. Not being able to iceblock back to back isn't that bad, if you need to ice block and then iceblock again to live you are already dead.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-13-2007 05:54:14 PM
I think the back to back iceblock was really a PvP oriented nerf. Though honestly, I don't see many frost PvP mages anymore..
Greenlit
posted 04-13-2007 05:58:33 PM
quote:
Dave's account was hax0red to write:
The Arctic Winds talent being changed to something viable rather than lol wanna be tanking talent is nice. I'll have to take some points out of arcane to get that now.

No you won't. I am 95% positive that some basic theorycrafting will still show 33 Arcane is still required to be competitive in a group damage situation.

quote:
Delphi Aegis obviously shouldn't have said:
I think the back to back iceblock was really a PvP oriented nerf. Though honestly, I don't see many frost PvP mages anymore..

Truth. And you don't because - outside of Nova/Bite + Lance combinations - Frost builds just don't have the fast casting and/or instant damage spells that Fire does.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 06:12:32 PM
quote:
Dave enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Frost mages didn't get nerfed, they got buffed.

A new ice barrier, increased damage for rank 12 frost bolt, and the ice pet comes in with full hp&mana for the players int&stam bonus so maybe he can chain frost bolt for all 40ish seconds rather than going oom pretty fast. The Arctic Winds talent being changed to something viable rather than lol wanna be tanking talent is nice. I'll have to take some points out of arcane to get that now.

They took out the frost nova spell crit nerf and replaced it with a new system, so maybe a few ice lances per frost nova/frostbite will be doable again. Not being able to iceblock back to back isn't that bad, if you need to ice block and then iceblock again to live you are already dead.

The new Ice Barrier is about an extra 150 damage. I'll be impressed with the water elemental change if it actually works more than half the time post-patch. The Arctic Winds talent is a good change, but it's a far cry away from fixing deep frost's terrible DPS. DPS upgrades in the PvP/Survivability tree are uninspiring at best.

Double Ice Block was excellent for one big reason: The fact that Mages are capable of doing a double ice block makes a lot of 5v5 teams hesitate before deciding to focus you. 9 out of 10 games I won't need to do a back-to-back ice block, and the fact that I'm capable of doing it is a big part of the reason I don't need to do it. After the nerf, assist trains are going to be focusing on mages a lot more.

Ice Lance spam was retarded. I'll be sorry to see it come back if it ends up being viable again.

I don't use frost outside of arenas, so I honestly really couldn't care less about the changes outside of Ice Block and counterspell.

What I do care about is the lack of changes for Fire Mages, which will Warlocks way ahead of the DPS game.

Blackened
posted 04-13-2007 06:16:34 PM
After this patch, I expect the damage meters to look something like this

Rogues
More Rogues
Fire Mages
Warlocks
Shadow Priests
Everyone else

Greenlit
posted 04-13-2007 06:21:49 PM
Prot Paladins
Holy Priests
MM Hunters
All Shamans
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-13-2007 06:28:57 PM
Giving blind a longer range is stupid. Blizzard is stupid.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-13-2007 07:06:47 PM
What the FUCK!?

MORE warrior nerfs!?

Jesus christ, they tell us to get geared and get a pocket healer, and then see how well we do at pvp at 70. When we finally do, they nerf us.

Screw this crap.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 07:10:27 PM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about Optimus Prime:
After this patch, I expect the damage meters to look something like this

Rogues
More Rogues
Fire Mages
Warlocks
Shadow Priests
Everyone else

What makes you expect Warlocks to be above Fire Mages?

I can't see anything in the patch notes that would do this, but I'm guessing you know something I don't.

Blackened
posted 04-13-2007 07:18:42 PM
quote:
Led.
What the FUCK!?

MORE warrior nerfs!?

Jesus christ, they tell us to get geared and get a pocket healer, and then see how well we do at pvp at 70. When we finally do, they nerf us.

Screw this crap.

Warriors are starting to get pretty ridiculous in PvP again. Especially in Arenas, they'll easily make or break a fight.

Granted, my guild has a 5v5 team that's in the Top 5 ranked teams in the world.

edit - ^^^^^^ I expect fire mages to be above warlocks on the dps charts, I think you read it wrong

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-13-2007 07:27:29 PM
The fire mages and myself vie for top DPS, sure. Depends a lot on crit luck, really. I can go strings of 0 crits, then hit a hard string of 4k+ crits on two incinerate cycles and rocket past them again.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 07:27:56 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Blackened wrote:
Warriors are starting to get pretty ridiculous in PvP again. Especially in Arenas, they'll easily make or break a fight.

Granted, my guild has a 5v5 team that's in the Top 5 ranked teams in the world.

edit - ^^^^^^ I expect fire mages to be above warlocks on the dps charts, I think you read it wrong

Actually, I read it right but typed it wrong. What makes you think Fire Mages will beat Warlocks?
Maradon!
posted 04-13-2007 08:06:41 PM
quote:
"Demonic Knowledge": This ability will now work with enslaved demons.

This is the only thing in there for warlocks that's not a nerf or cosmetic change.

Blackened
posted 04-13-2007 08:10:23 PM
quote:
Taeldian.
Actually, I read it right but typed it wrong. What makes you think Fire Mages will beat Warlocks?
Because they do. Tell your Fire Mages to stop being faggots.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-13-2007 08:14:50 PM
quote:
Blackened wrote this stupid crap:
Because they do. Tell your Fire Mages to stop being faggots.

Exactly.

I can only cycle so much. We have one fire mage who obliterates people on the meters.. we used to think it was his higher crit rating making the ignites roll over under his credit, but he kept topping them after 2.0.

Assuming equal skill, DPS oppertunity and long enough timescales, I see the charts just as blackened listed them.

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 08:32:38 PM
Tier 6.

So lame that the Warlock wings are not permanent.

Edit: Also, other screenshots of various 2.1 stuff. Make sure to check out the Priest shoulders. You can't see them well in the video, but they're very bad ass.

Priest Tier 6 is the best of the bunch, followed by Warlock, imo.

Willias fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-13-2007 08:38:59 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Cuba:
Exactly.

I can only cycle so much. We have one fire mage who obliterates people on the meters.. we used to think it was his higher crit rating making the ignites roll over under his credit, but he kept topping them after 2.0.

Assuming equal skill, DPS oppertunity and long enough timescales, I see the charts just as blackened listed them.

Every bit of theorycraft and experience tells me this is wrong. Affliction Warlocks do absolutely retarded damage with the right group makeup in addition to better DPM and unlimited endurance through Dark Pact, Lifetap, Drain Life, Healthstones and bandaging in addition to having better scaling.

A fire mage might be better in a 5-man, but when he gets synergies from shadow weaving, CoS and improved shadowbolt (which currently works on DoTs despite them not consuming charges), he's untouchable and I have yet to see anything to the contrary.

Being a fire mage, I would love to be proved wrong, but I have no idea how I can compete with that.

Taeldian fucked around with this message on 04-13-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-13-2007 08:41:43 PM
Read the notes: Shadow weaving got castrated.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-13-2007 10:31:12 PM
Meanwhile, Mage armor seems to get dumber with every iteration.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-13-2007 11:07:31 PM
quote:
Led said this about your mom:
What the FUCK!?

MORE warrior nerfs!?

Screw this crap.

Seriously. Arms PvP is going to take a huge kick to the balls, as will Prot burst damage (RIP, 4.6k Deathwish/Enrage shield slam crits). Fury PvP won't exist anymore. All in one failed swoop.

but hey guys revenge is gonna deal more damage and spell reflect is off the gcd

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Blackened
posted 04-13-2007 11:12:11 PM
Shut the fuck up you stupid whiny warriors. Get some better gear, respec to Blacksmithing and get a Deep Thunder. Or did you still think that Sword Spec was the way to go? And then fall off a boat.

p.s.

Greenlit
posted 04-13-2007 11:13:57 PM
Or reroll Druid.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-13-2007 11:33:58 PM
I missed that image so much. Classic Black.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-14-2007 12:03:16 AM
Enhancement Shaman DPS has apparently received very little nerf. :D

Edit: Actually, Enhancement DPS is being nerfed by around 15% I guess.

Come to find out, WF5/4 enabled shamans to juice a 30% proc rate out of Windfury.

Willias fucked around with this message on 04-14-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-14-2007 06:10:27 AM
quote:
Argh!'s account was hax0red to write:
Seriously. Arms PvP is going to take a huge kick to the balls, as will Prot burst damage (RIP, 4.6k Deathwish/Enrage shield slam crits). Fury PvP won't exist anymore. All in one failed swoop.

but hey guys revenge is gonna deal more damage and spell reflect is off the gcd

This is like the second time they have nerfed fury in order to 'adjust' other trees.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-14-2007 10:09:23 AM
quote:
So quoth Blackened:
Shut the fuck up you stupid whiny warriors. Get some better gear, respec to Blacksmithing and get a Deep Thunder. Or did you still think that Sword Spec was the way to go? And then fall off a boat.

So for a warrior to be remotely viable in PvP, we need much better gear than other PvPers are willing to get. And then, those few that ARE willing to get that gear will still rape the fuck out of us.

That's stupid.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: