EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This is madness!
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-08-2007 08:28:51 PM
THIS IS SPARTA!

Who's going to the midnight showing!?!

WE IS PUMPED

(i declare this the 300 discussion megathread)

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 03-08-2007 at 08:29 PM.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 03-08-2007 08:33:20 PM
cant... wife is working and will kill me if i go with out her.. we are going to the 7ish showing on friday..

cant wait.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
CBTao
Pancake
posted 03-08-2007 08:54:49 PM
I gots my ticket.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-08-2007 09:06:28 PM
Probably won't see it until Saturday. You see, when you're a productive member of society, you typically have to work five days a week, most often Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. This precludes going to midnight showings for movies, as it diminishes your capacity to work well the next day.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-08-2007 09:11:06 PM
I work at 7am, and I'll be able to work at full potential, thank you very much.

(retarded people do my job)

Greenlit
posted 03-08-2007 09:53:21 PM
Yeah we're going because we're still job hunting.

We had red sauce pasta for dinner.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 03-08-2007 09:54:50 PM
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-08-2007 10:01:56 PM
Got tickets for the midnight showing
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-09-2007 02:10:06 AM
Why exactly are you all so excited about watching a horde of scantily clad, sweating men for two hours.

Okay, I am obviously asking the guys here.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-09-2007 02:13:46 AM
It's ok to watch a horde of scantily clad, sweating men for two hours as long as they are killing other hordes of scantily clad, sweating men for two hours
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-09-2007 03:32:06 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Why exactly are you all so excited about watching a horde of scantily clad, sweating men for two hours.

Okay, I am obviously asking the guys here.

yeah what homos

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-09-2007 03:38:03 AM
quote:
Tarquinn stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
words i guess

Shut the fuck up, troll.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-09-2007 03:38:34 AM
Greatest 2 hour fight scene that has ever been put on film.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-09-2007 03:39:34 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Gainsborough wrote:

pretty much this

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-09-2007 03:56:12 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough thought about the meaning of life:

See, that's the answer I was looking for, not whatever you have posted above. It could be a bit longer, however.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Demos
Pancake
posted 03-09-2007 03:57:33 AM
Fucking amazing. I walked out with the urge to yell "For Sparta!" and chuck spears at people with profuse piercings.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Greenlit
posted 03-09-2007 04:32:50 AM
I did walk out yelling "SPARTA!"

But I was also one of the only two people in the parking lot.

Blackened
posted 03-09-2007 04:45:20 AM
Walked out of the movie feeling the need to punch as many babies as humanly possible.

4.5/5

Blackened fucked around with this message on 03-09-2007 at 04:46 AM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-09-2007 06:30:31 AM
I don't get to see it till late tonight.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 03-09-2007 06:47:41 AM
You all suck!

It will be sometime Wednesday at the earliest for me...

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-09-2007 09:31:47 AM
I've noticed that alot of critics are slamming this movie, but I still want to see it.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2007 09:48:27 AM
I've got IMAX tickets for tomorrow afternoon. *nod*
Alaan
posted 03-09-2007 03:33:47 PM
quote:
Lechium's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I've noticed that alot of critics are slamming this movie, but I still want to see it.

But it will surely win the award for awkward sex scene of the year.

And I highly enjoyed it. Shut off your brain and enjoy the carnage.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 03-09-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-09-2007 04:25:03 PM
This movie is a perfect example of how a camera should be worked in a movie.

It's beautifully done.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-09-2007 04:30:55 PM
The critics won't like it because it has little-no plot.

Any movie goer that has seen a preview for it should already know this is the case going in.

Alaan
posted 03-09-2007 05:13:05 PM
quote:
From the book of Mr. Gainsborough, chapter 3, verse 16:
The critics won't like it because it has little-no plot.

Any movie goer that has seen a preview for it should already know this is the case going in.

Is the comic pretty much plotless? I imagine thats much harder to pull of in comic form.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-09-2007 05:15:07 PM
Did anyone even hear about the game?

I mean it's for PSP so I'm not surprised I haven't heard about it, but I wonder why it's only on one system. That's uncommon for movie based games.

I wonder if it's any good.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2007 05:33:23 PM
it's got a plot. the graphic novel had a plot.

Xerxes is on his way to take over everything and has a gigantormous army. He means to take over Greece and thereby Sparta. The Spartans claim they are descended from Hercules himself.

They will not submit themselves to any man, much less one claiming to be a god (Xerxes). They will not act without the go ahead from the mystics (who defer to the oracle), however. The problem is that Xerxes bought off the mystics with promises of gold and naked wimmins (the mystics are kinda like lepers but not falling apart). So they go "Uh, naw Sparta. You can't fight, so stay home and stuff. Mmm wimmins."

Leonides (he's the king and wants to dine in hell like parce) decides while he can't defy the mystics, he wants to take a walk. North. His wife tells him the king can't go out alone and tells him to take his personal bodyguard. Hoo boy, that's 300 naked dudes.

So they all go north to defend Sparta without actually you know, the army's support.

Well, they kick a lot of ass and refuse multiple attempts by Xerxes' people to go "Dudes, you're badasses. Come work for us!" But THIS IS SPARTA and we don't like dudes wearing clothing and piercings are right out.

So they fight and fight and fight. But since Leonides can't use the services of a little humpback dude who idolizes him, Xerxes talks the humpback little dude into guiding them to the Spartan's undefended flank that's hidden in the mountains in exchange for a costume and naked wimmins (Xerxes apparently has these in supply).

So the Spartans get surrounded and die horrible deaths while screaming and wailing on people.

This gets the attention of the rest of Sparta and they go "MUTHAFUCKAS!" and go to real war.

I think that covers it.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-09-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-09-2007 06:10:44 PM
Anyone that commands an empire and DOESN'T have a harem like Xerxes did is an utter failure.

Seriously though, you couldn't name something without him having it! I gotta give him some props for that, anyone can have a harem with just beautiful women in it, but he went the extra mile to make his unique!

Movie rocked everything and left me with the urge to throw a spear through someone. Most likely seeing it again, just not sure when yet.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-09-2007 06:45:38 PM
O...M...F...G.

That was the best motherfucking movie I've seen in a good while!

...Shit. I so have to reinstall Titan Quest now.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-10-2007 01:52:13 AM
God of War II.

Wednesday.

That is all.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Gadani
U
posted 03-10-2007 02:20:12 AM
Just got back from seeing it.

It was awesome!

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-10-2007 06:53:00 AM
The best movie I have seen in a long while.

Even discounting the retards who were shouting at the screen and applauding. I mean, who the hell applauds at a movie? Its not like you're getting an encore.

For clarification, they were clapping DURING the movie, not after.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-10-2007 07:44:42 AM
If it was a midnight showing or the one of the last two showings on opening night, it's to be expected and should be dealt with.

After that it's ok to be angry.

I mean, it's just worthless being mad at something that will inevitably happen. Them crazy kids like having fun and they see awesome movies on the day they come out.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-10-2007 08:18:32 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Gainsborough was all like:
If it was a midnight showing or the one of the last two showings on opening night, it's to be expected and should be dealt with.

After that it's ok to be angry.

I mean, it's just worthless being mad at something that will inevitably happen. Them crazy kids like having fun and they see awesome movies on the day they come out.

Its was 1020 on a frieday morning.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-10-2007 10:22:04 AM
There are essentially two types of critics:

1. The "Deep Meaning" crowd. These guys usually seem to be saying the movie is pretty, but it lacks deep and meaningful underlying reasons for existing. These are the folks that think any form of expression must have a message, and forget that something can be entertaining without having to change your life. Most critics who've panned 300 fall into this category, it seems.

2. The Politicos. This is the real reason you don't want a President with a 29% approval rating. These yahoos claim that 300 (despite having been written in 1998, and being a pretty damned faithful reproduction of the piece from that time period) is an allegory for the western world vs the Middle East. The problem is, half the time these guys can't figure out if the Spartans are the Middle East or the Western World. And it gets even better when they try to draw it even tighter. Are the Persians Iran? Makes sense...Persia became Iran. Are the Spartans the United States? Sacrificing Democratic folk...could be. BUT...Are the Evil, Invading Persians the United States, tempting the great culture with-

okay those guys are just fucking assholes.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-10-2007 05:34:04 PM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Its was 1020 on a frieday morning.

Oh wow.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-10-2007 09:04:46 PM
I'm such a history nerd. My favorite part was when they were fighting in the phalanx. That, and Leonidas' little ass picnic, but that's because I'm a homo.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-10-2007 09:15:48 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:
I'm such a history nerd. My favorite part was when they were fighting in the phalanx. That, and Leonidas' little ass picnic, but that's because I'm a homo.

You just wanted to say "ass picnic".

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-10-2007 09:21:31 PM
Self-deprecating gay jokes are the highest form of comedy, thank you very much,

But seriously, the phalanx was my favorite part, because I'm a total history nerd.

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: