EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Burning Crusade delayed
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-24-2006 09:20:52 AM
Source
quote:
PARIS, France -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.

Well, I don't mind, as I won't get my new PC before the next year anyway.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 09:21 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-24-2006 09:25:25 AM
That gives me plenty of time to get geared up pre-expansion. I'm not even level 60 yet
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-24-2006 09:30:21 AM
Has Blizzard ever shipped a title on time?

Ever?

Nina
posted 10-24-2006 09:31:36 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Blindy. was all like:
That gives me plenty of time to get geared up pre-expansion.

why bother

Blindy.
posted 10-24-2006 09:36:48 AM
quote:
Nina must think they're pretty smart:
why bother

So the outland mobs don't hand me my ass? Look at my profile, I'm wearing dreamweave for God's sake.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 09:37 AM.

Nina
posted 10-24-2006 09:38:44 AM
Last I checked you don't need Tier 3 to go to Outlands. As a matter of fact, you get the equivalent of Tier 3 from L65 quests there. Besides, Dreamweave rocks!
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-24-2006 09:40:36 AM
quote:
Nina got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
why bother

Because despite what people tell you, you don't get a full set of greens that are better than current epics the moment you put in your Burning Crusade account key.

You're also not going to replace every single item you have in the first Burning Crusade instance. If I were a fresh 60 I'd definately be hitting up Scholo/Strat/UBRS/DM/ZG/AQ20(at the very least; unless you're a fresh 60 in a guild that is already farming MC/BWL/Ony/Naxx, it's probably not worth it to learn them and spend weeks wiping in them to get epics that will be replaced soon) to gear up before the expansion. Sure doing stuff like the .05 quests will probably be a waste of time and money, but there's no reason not to gear up.

Greenlit
posted 10-24-2006 09:49:34 AM
quote:
Snoota painfully thought these words up:
Because despite what people tell you, you don't get a full set of greens that are better than current epics the moment you put in your Burning Crusade account key.

You're also not going to replace every single item you have in the first Burning Crusade instance. If I were a fresh 60 I'd definately be hitting up Scholo/Strat/UBRS/DM/ZG/AQ20(at the very least; unless you're a fresh 60 in a guild that is already farming MC/BWL/Ony/Naxx, it's probably not worth it to learn them and spend weeks wiping in them to get epics that will be replaced soon) to gear up before the expansion. Sure doing stuff like the .05 quests will probably be a waste of time and money, but there's no reason not to gear up.

You comin' back to Elune or what?

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-24-2006 11:13:01 AM

Everyone seems to think it's snazzy. To me, I think it's freakin ugly. I love the shoulders, though. Nothing like a big set of spiked shoulderpads when your job is healing people.

That is to say, I'm not expecting to replace too much of this very quickly in TBC. I'm also not expecting to race to 70, either.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-24-2006 11:19:36 AM
Just downed the Twin Emps last week, now working on C'thun. Even if the gear is going to become outdated a few months from now, no reason not to keep doing new content now, it is fun

Vorago fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-24-2006 11:32:16 AM
quote:
This one time, at Bajah camp:
... Nothing like a big set of spiked shoulderpads when your job is healing people.....

Well they match the dress and the shoes

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 10-24-2006 12:39:53 PM
quote:
Blindy. thought about the meaning of life:
So the outland mobs don't hand me my ass? Look at my profile, I'm wearing dreamweave for God's sake.

Oh man, we're on the same server. Except I'm a horde.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Blindy.
posted 10-24-2006 12:49:36 PM
quote:
Loosely translated, Holden says "Kill the whales":
Oh man, we're on the same server. Except I'm a horde.

I killed your mother.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2006 02:15:32 PM
Yeah Bajah you fag, getting your 8/8 and all that.

We're on week 18 of no fucking nemesis robes. Hell, we had a string of 20 BWL bosses with no nemesis period. Till Chromaggus dropped double nemesis shoulders, one of which sharded

I have every other damned Nefarian caster drop. Except for the robe.

But back on topic: Gearing up is worthwhile. I'd suggest it. But don't get upset if you don't get crazy amounts of gear -- you'll get enough to get by in a few months.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-24-2006 02:19:08 PM
It's been 7 months since we've had Nemisis gloves drop. I mock the warlocks daily.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2006 02:20:16 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about Pirotess:
It's been 7 months since we've had Nemisis gloves drop. I mock the warlocks daily.

What makes it worse is that the only nem robes we've had drop went to a warlock who, 2 weeks later, switched over to a warrior. So we have no nemesis robes on active warlocks.

I'm wearing the robes off of Sartura until I can get my nemesis.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 10-24-2006 02:39:26 PM
23 Chromaggus kills

0 Elementium Reinforced Bulwarks.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2006 03:12:18 PM
quote:
Taeldian had this to say about Robocop:
23 Chromaggus kills

0 Elementium Reinforced Bulwarks.

The odd part is, my guild told me I got Nef's major rare drop when I got the Staff of Shadow Flame (I replaced a claw of chromagg and master dragonslayer's orb :/ ) -- That is more common than the nemesis robe is. We have one on me and one on our top mage.

I need to get one soon or I'll probably drive Addy crazy.

Ryuujin
posted 10-24-2006 03:19:54 PM
Jeez and my guild's just now getting to Hakkar.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-24-2006 03:42:19 PM
On the flip side, it sounds as though Blizzard might put in the new talents, spells, and honor system from Burning Crusade before Burning Crusade is released.

Quotes from Emonix:

quote:
Keep in mind, we do plan to push a content patch prior to release, which could occupy your holiday time quite well.

quote:
In a reply to "whats in it.":

Oh, you know, just a few small things such as a brand new honor system, as well as new talents and abilities along with dozens of other changes and improvements.

quote:

Remember, we were planning on patching in many things along with the release of the Burning Crusade so that those who chose not to purchase the expansion could still enjoy many new features.

With the delay of the game, we'll be patching prior to its release.

Thread can be found here. Quotes are from pages 3 and 4.

Willias fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-24-2006 04:17:00 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Falaanla Marr scored a straight 1 with:
The odd part is, my guild told me I got Nef's major rare drop when I got the Staff of Shadow Flame (I replaced a claw of chromagg and master dragonslayer's orb :/ ) -- That is more common than the nemesis robe is. We have one on me and one on our top mage.

I need to get one soon or I'll probably drive Addy crazy.

We killed Nef last night. Received:

Bloodfang Chestguard
Breastplate of Wrath
Lok'amir il Romathis
Staff of the Shadow Flame

Good haul, imo. We've only had one Trans robe drop (glee) and one Nemesis drop, though.

Only one Bulwark off Chromaggus, too, and that was back in July.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2006 04:21:05 PM
We are sharding Wrath BP and Judgement BP now. It sucks.

I wish Naxx's system had been implemented sooner. And yeah, Baj, nice haul

Maradon!
posted 10-24-2006 07:26:09 PM
I have trouble bringing myself to play my warlock now.

I'm already geared up. I could use an upgrade to my held items and hat, but that's about it and I have a hard time justifying spending time getting gear that I know I will replace very soon.

Folks in the beta in my guild ARE reporting craftables and level 61 greens that are better than felheart.

I could start an alt, but I don't even want to do that unless it's an expansion race since their racials are so far and away better than anything else in the game.

Talonus
Loner
posted 10-24-2006 07:36:44 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Folks in the beta in my guild ARE reporting craftables and level 61 greens that are better than felheart.

There's quests for items that are better than tier 3. By mid/late 60s you'll definitely have better than tier 1, will most likely have better than tier 2, and will probably have some stuff better than tier 3.

Nina
posted 10-24-2006 10:33:03 PM
And I thus reiterate my point. Unless Blizzard wants to completely shove over the casual playerbase, which is as likely to happen as snow in Hell, the Outlands quests and mobs will be doable with blues and random L51+ greens.

Of course, no reason to stop raiding if you already are, there's just no rush to get geared up, really. And I'm starting over as Blood Elf either way, screw those 6 pieces of Transcendence =p

Nina fucked around with this message on 10-24-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-24-2006 10:36:52 PM
Blizzard routinely caters to the casual player crowd, anyways, and I say that's wise. Raiding is ridiculous, anyways.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-24-2006 10:57:57 PM
If you think BWL drops are bad, try Naxx. The loot tables are laughably small, so you end up getting the same things over.. and over.. and over.. and over.

Cloaxramas. (Anub/raz/noth all doable by nef killing guilds, all drop cloaks. lolz!)

Honestly, we've been having attendance problems because people are either in the beta and don't want to play, or they think that gearing up now isn't worth their time. /shrug

I want my 4pc T3.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-24-2006 10:59:58 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Robocop:
If you think BWL drops are bad, try Naxx. The loot tables are laughably small, so you end up getting the same things over.. and over.. and over.. and over.

Cloaxramas. (Anub/raz/noth all doable by nef killing guilds, all drop cloaks. lolz!)

Honestly, we've been having attendance problems because people are either in the beta and don't want to play, or they think that gearing up now isn't worth their time. /shrug

I want my 4pc T3.

We've had similar problems. We had to redo our BWL farming run because only 25ish people showed up, which ended up pushing Naxx off the schedual for the week. It made me a sad panda.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-25-2006 01:53:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Blizzard routinely caters to the casual player crowd, anyways, and I say that's wise. Raiding is ridiculous, anyways.

Yep, I agree.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Flea
Pancake
posted 10-25-2006 02:11:25 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Delphi Aegis stammered:
I want my 4pc T3.

I finally got my third piece tonight. Of the bosses we can kill when we have enough decide to show up, I probably won't get my fourth.

On the other side of things, my DPS gear is good enough for the expac to level me to 70 quickly. So the lack of T3 doesn't matter much to me at this moment.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 10-25-2006 10:14:02 AM
Glad to hear we're not the only ones having a hard time getting people to show up.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-25-2006 07:08:07 PM
Bajah...you know I bear you no ill will...

but your guy looks like a stained glass pimp. For the Pope.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-25-2006 07:56:55 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Bajah...you know I bear you no ill will...

but your guy looks like a stained glass pimp. For the Pope.

.... I would make that his title... "Stained Glass Pimp".

Of course someone needs to shop a purple top hat on his character just to make it official.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-25-2006 08:30:46 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan impressed everyone with:

Raiding is the only reason I play this game

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-25-2006 08:34:29 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Kegwen wrote:
Raiding is the only reason I play this game

God if all there was to do was beat up scholo or UBRS I would have quit playing SO long ago

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 10-25-2006 08:49:06 PM
quote:
Vorago's account was hax0red to write:
God if all there was to do was beat up scholo or UBRS I would have quit playing SO long ago

Second.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-25-2006 09:28:43 PM
quote:
Vorago thought about the meaning of life:

I dunno. I recently found that 3man Scholo is kinda entertaining when it's 2 epic Rogues and a Druid. Sneak through most of the shit and just gank what you want / need.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 10-25-2006 09:51:34 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about (_|_):
I dunno. I recently found that 3man Scholo is kinda entertaining when it's 2 epic Rogues and a Druid. Sneak through most of the shit and just gank what you want / need.

That would get old fairly quickly.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-25-2006 09:53:59 PM
Probably if the other Rogue I've done that with wasn't a friend of mine.

The conversation over TS was kinda funny.

Maradon!
posted 10-25-2006 10:09:47 PM
Warlock solos Scholo - everything, including gandling.

warning: boring video

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-25-2006 at 10:10 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: