EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Sup Stargate
Aaron (the good one)
posted 08-15-2006 10:22:29 AM

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2006 11:04:49 AM
Omg, now Claudia Black is on Stargate also!?!?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-15-2006 11:20:44 AM
quote:
So quoth Stalwart Steve:
Omg, now Claudia Black is on Stargate also!?!?

Yep. Its kinda funny, first Ben Browder is the new male 'lead' in Stargate then Claudia Black shows up to be his 'love interest'. Once again proving that Farscape shall never die!

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 08-15-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 08-15-2006 11:22:22 AM
quote:
That damn dirty Katrinity rudely interrupted me to say;
Yep. Its kinda funny, first Ben Browder is the new male 'lead' in Stargate then Claudia Black shows up to be his 'love interest'. Once again proving that Farscape shall never die!

Claudia Black is not Ben Browder's love interest.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-15-2006 11:23:26 AM
It seemed like it the few times I've actually watched Stargate lately, but maybe I'm thinking of Daniel instead.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2006 11:24:28 AM
Daniel might as well be played by Ben Browder anyway.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-15-2006 11:36:34 AM
The latest season of Stargate is kicking so much ass

And who is the lead villainess of the current season going to be? Morena Baccarin who played Inara on Firefly

On top of Ben Browder and Claudia Black from Farscape (Crichton and Aeryn), Robert Picardo from Star Trek Voyager (The Doctor) and Lexa Doig from Andromeda (Andromeda's Avatar Rommie), heh

Vorago fucked around with this message on 08-15-2006 at 11:45 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-15-2006 11:53:05 AM
quote:
Vorago said:
The latest season of Stargate is kicking so much ass

I hope you're joking.

Go watch some old episodes when they actually cared about a plot beyond "have you seen merlin's weapon lately? No? Ok, let's run around aimlessly and watch Ori destroy ships in FLASHY BATTLE SCENES", then come back and say that again.

Not to mention they seem to have simply forgot about the 5 or 6 super-advanced races they met in earlier seasons and not asked them for help. One of those with the flying city is as advanced as the ancients, and still around.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-15-2006 11:55:28 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mortious wrote:
I hope you're joking.

Go watch some old episodes when they actually cared about a plot beyond "have you seen merlin's weapon lately? No? Ok, let's run around aimlessly and watch Ori destroy ships in FLASHY BATTLE SCENES", then come back and say that again.

Not to mention they seem to have simply forgot about the 5 or 6 super-advanced races they met in earlier seasons and not asked them for help. One of those with the flying city is as advanced as the ancients, and still around.

The Furlings will be in the next episode.

If they look like Ewoks, I'll stop watching.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-15-2006 11:57:52 AM
quote:
Tarquinn said:
The Furlings will be in the next episode.

If they look like Ewoks, I'll stop watching.

Oh thank God. That was my biggest peve; that they'd simply ignored all that lore and background they'd built up in favour of the ALMIGHTY ACTION SCENE.

If I remember right, the Furlings look like humans.. but more furry.. like teenwolf, and are pacifists.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-15-2006 12:43:23 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Cuba:
One of those with the flying city is as advanced as the ancients, and still around.

What, you mean the Nox? Who refused to help them before and would do so again? Yeah.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-15-2006 01:02:04 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis said:
What, you mean the Nox? Who refused to help them before and would do so again? Yeah.

They'd be killed/converted alongside the rest of the galaxy, though. They might.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-15-2006 01:06:16 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about dark elf butts:
They'd be killed/converted alongside the rest of the galaxy, though. They might.

Can't kill/convert what you can't see. Technically didn't help the ancients, but they protrayed the Nox as being more advanced then that (back when the ancients weren't as fleshed out as they are now).

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 08-15-2006 01:11:20 PM
quote:
Vorago spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Lexa Doig from Andromeda (Andromeda's Avatar Rommie), heh

She's also Michael Shanks' wife.

-H

Delphi Aegis
posted 08-15-2006 01:17:41 PM
quote:
I want some of what Hellbender was smoking when they wrote this:
She's also Michael Shanks' wife.

-H

And General Landry's daughter on-screen.

Nothing really wrong with re-using good actors though. If Kevin Sorbo comes on, I'll be dissapointed however.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 08-15-2006 01:27:57 PM
quote:
Delidgamond sent this coded message via a team of nanites:
[IMGx]http://home.cogeco.ca/~jpaccione/200_02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGx]http://home.cogeco.ca/~jpaccione/200_03.jpg[/IMG]

Ahahahahahahaha.
Claudia Black as Dorothy...bwahahahaha

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-15-2006 01:38:50 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Ahahahahahahaha.
Claudia Black as Dorothy...bwahahahaha

Judge as Tinman was funnier.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-15-2006 07:15:07 PM
I hate to say but I agree with Mort. I really didn't like season nine that much, there were a few good episodes but it was mostly them looking for Merlins' secret weapon.

Though the episode with the bugs that got loose on the alpha site was really funny.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-16-2006 09:48:41 PM
the whole ori plot kinda sucks. one of my bigger peeves is that it feels like they are "forgetting" about some of the older episodes. Little things, like giving claudia a zat instead of an Intar (sp?)... and huge things, like mort pointed out. The power levels between races and factions seem to fluctuate, things that happened in the past seem to be forgotten, etc, etc.

I don't care how off the wall something is... but if you are going to do something, at least be consistant about it.

It's like they used to care (and sometimes make fun of themselves), and it feels like they just stopped.

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-16-2006 at 09:49 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 08-17-2006 02:27:06 AM
Speaking of which, I can't really get excited about the Ancient "Replicators" showing up in Atlantis. If they are going to rehash stories for a single episode, ok. But entire villians...
Dave
)_(
posted 08-17-2006 05:26:07 AM
I saw that epsoide while trying to give the series another shot. Do the Ancient "Replicators" become a regular enemey or was it just a one show thing?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-17-2006 09:06:29 AM
quote:
Dave said:
I saw that epsoide while trying to give the series another shot. Do the Ancient "Replicators" become a regular enemey or was it just a one show thing?

They're still around, so I'm guessing they're going to become a regular.

With exactly the same fucking storyline. As in.. one is made good. Yawn.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-17-2006 10:49:16 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about the Spice Girls:
They're still around, so I'm guessing they're going to become a regular.

With exactly the same fucking storyline. As in.. one is made good. Yawn.

I thought the whole Replicator story line in seasons 4 and 5, and then again in season 8 were really cool. But I thought all the Replicators were all wiped out when Sam and Jacob and Baal released the weapon?

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Tarquinn
posted 08-17-2006 11:16:13 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Lechium wrote:
I thought the whole Replicator story line in seasons 4 and 5, and then again in season 8 were really cool. But I thought all the Replicators were all wiped out when Sam and Jacob and Baal released the weapon?

The effect as limited to just our galaxy.

Pesco
posted 08-17-2006 01:26:15 PM
These aren't the same Replicators from our galaxy. These are ones that the Ancients made to fight the Wraith with. Once the Ancients noticed the project was going out of control, they blew up the Replicator city and removed all mention of them from the databases.

I was reading somewhere that they will become more involved in the future. For now we are just getting introduced to them.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-17-2006 05:50:34 PM
Known diffrences between sg1 and atlantis replicators
- SG1 Replicators were created by an emotionaly usntable android who made a defective toy that kept on following its last order. They started off as pretty much sentient legos. They were pretty much told to defend themselves, reproduce, and feed.
- Atlantis replicators were nanites created by the ancients for some sort of germ warfare. They were given asimovs and treated like shit, then "destroyed" once they were no longer useful. They were also given anti-asimovs to pretty much all non-ancients.

- The SG1 Replicators evolved to simulate the apperance of their android creator (to pay her homage). They were able to evolve because they used an ancient time dialation device to do whatever they wanted for as long as they wanted. They need specail materials to create human form replicators.
- The Atlantis replicators evolved onto blocks, then into humans over time. They were almost wiped out by the ancients at one point, but apparently the ancients didn't do a good enough job.

- The Atlantis replicators are apparently part organic (organic robotic nanites.... )

- The SG1 repleciators assmilate technology like the borg, and adapt like the borg.
- The atlantis replicators were allready given ancient level tech to start with.

- The SG1 replicators want to constantly better themselves and ascend. It is hinted that they can't ascend because they don't have souls (but never directly stated).
- The atlantian replicators want revenge. They have hate in their programming. It is directly stated that they can't ascend becuase they have hate.

In almost all other aspects, they are exactly the same. Even how they read people's minds... same special effects.

To be honest, it felt like some guy made the episode before he realised that there was already a replicator backstory.

Though there could be the "they are similar because the replicators used what they learned from the ancient time device" copout.

sidenotes:
-Jack O'Neill used the ancients knowledege to create a device that would disrupt the communication between indivdual nanites in SG1 replicators, effectively rendering them inert.
-The emotionally unstable android that created the replicators was killed by SG1 and died in Daniel's arms. As her dieing act, the android ordered all the replicators to stop their assault so that earth would not die with her. The android was then given to the asgard for study.
-The Replicators were first discovered by the asgard (who understimated them). They were the asgard's arch nemisis. It's like throwing a high-tech buffet to the borg.

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-17-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Pesco
posted 08-17-2006 06:35:22 PM
Actually, the Ancient Replicators have 2 factions. Those that want to better themselves, remove the aggressive part of their programming and ascend. The others want to kick Ancient ass but will settle for Atlantis. We almost fixed their programming but the plan got F'ed and now we are enemies.

Pesco fucked around with this message on 08-17-2006 at 06:35 PM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-17-2006 06:39:16 PM
Oh right, forgot to mention the sg1 replicators had that too. When they payed homage to their creator, they also emulated her defects (as I said, she was emotionally unstable). There is a small faction of replicators that want those defects fixed.

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-17-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 08-19-2006 10:44:17 AM
In honour of the newest episode
Vorago
posted 08-19-2006 10:51:40 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Delidgamond wrote:
In honour of the newest episode

Downloading as we speak, huzzah!

Tarquinn
posted 08-19-2006 12:02:21 PM
Okay, that episode was hilarious!
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-19-2006 12:30:40 PM
The part where they were all puppets was great.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Vorago
posted 08-20-2006 03:08:27 PM
My god I think I hurt something laughing, that episode ruled

The interviews during the credits were amazing, love the catch phrase...
"Holy-*11 seconds of non-stop bleeping*"

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-20-2006 05:44:19 PM
That last episode made up for a lot of the others.

So O'Neill is a McGiver fan... and Claudia Black's character is a farscape fan... I like how they made fun of The Fonz, O'Neill's mentor, too

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-20-2006 at 05:44 PM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-21-2006 08:07:33 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

guess this is what they meant with the jumping the shark refrence....

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-21-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Sean
posted 08-21-2006 08:12:44 PM
quote:
diadem had this to say about the Spice Girls:
That last episode made up for a lot of the others.

So O'Neill is a MacGuyver fan.

Because the same actor played both characters.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-21-2006 09:03:14 PM
quote:
diadem spewed forth this undeniable truth:

That's to bad. It was a great show while it lasted.

Tarquinn
posted 08-22-2006 01:55:05 AM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Duck Tales:

Or maybe not.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-22-2006 03:27:03 AM
Man, Claudia Black seems to curse every show she comes onto.

I'd hit it, though...with the strength of a furious jackhammer.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 08-23-2006 06:51:24 PM
God this episode was great, love how they had Stanford on....

Thats the Wizard of Oz...
Oh you've seen that one...

1. Thats Star Trek.
2. Thats ridiculous.

The Farscape thing was great... the puppet thing was great too, ahh an overall great episode. Loved the interview at the end with that guy that was suppose to be Michael Shanks. God such a great episode... Love when they do crap like that....

As always, nothing new to add here

New Age Bane fucked around with this message on 08-23-2006 at 06:52 PM.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: