EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So umm X-men anyone?
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-26-2006 03:38:44 AM
I would save your money, but its not bad for a mindless action flick, the story for the Phoenix could of been better, am I the only one that likes the whole Hellfire Club connection they use in Ultimate? *sigh* Oh well it was good, though Storm should never of been the main character. Rogue, WTF did they do to you.. And GAMBIT I WANT GAMBIT! it would of worked so well too, bahh though it would of made it into more of a teen drama, though isn't that what it was to begin with back in the day?

*sigh*

Oh yes I totally wasn't expecting much but not that crap.

New Age Bane fucked around with this message on 05-26-2006 at 03:46 AM.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-26-2006 03:52:49 AM
Can someone other than Bane confirm this?
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 05-26-2006 06:26:51 AM
I thought it was pretty cool, but the story kinda sucked.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Sean
posted 05-26-2006 08:07:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Inferno-Spirit? That sounds too much like Mr. Shit.
Can someone other than Bane confirm this?

I don't know what Bane was trying to say because whenever he talks all I hear is that trumpet noise from Charlie Brown.

But X3 was a steaming pile of crap.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 05-26-2006 08:10:20 AM
I enjoyed it, but I have low expectations for all of the comic book movies.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-26-2006 01:23:28 PM
quote:
Reynar was naked while typing this:
I enjoyed it, but I have low expectations for all of the comic book movies.

Yeah, same here. It was fun.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-26-2006 02:58:39 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Sean stammered:
I don't know what Bane was trying to say because whenever he talks all I hear is that trumpet noise from Charlie Brown.

But X3 was a steaming pile of crap.

See that was my point not to have a point, and thus to state that it X3 donkey balls.

Pretty much did that when I got home. Rage fueled most of that post.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Gadani
U
posted 05-26-2006 06:20:04 PM
I enjoyed it.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-26-2006 06:43:29 PM
Seeing it tonight. Deth Review after.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Alaan
posted 05-26-2006 08:23:16 PM
I have never read X-Men so my only attachment to the universe is the first two movies. I expected people getting beat up, some explosions, and Wolverine making one liners. Delivered.
Steven Steve
posted 05-26-2006 10:21:18 PM
I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-26-2006 10:24:21 PM
I loved it, I thought it was awsome ^-^
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 05-26-2006 10:39:52 PM
I was disapointed by the change in directors. The movie's feel was more fragmented because of this, I believe. It also looked to be a "Hey, you remember when...?" deal where you had to have watched the first two movies to understand what was happening.

I won't put any major spoilers, but the characters were changed too much. Xavier and the Juggernaut didn't have a connection of being half/step-brothers. Nightcrawler, who I thought was a good part of X-2 didn't show up at all. Last, the boy mutant wasn't really explained much more than showing off his power.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-26-2006 11:05:12 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist's account was hax0red to write:

Some guy at work walks around saying that all the goddamned time.

I wanna shut him in the cargo compartment and let him simmer for the day.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-27-2006 12:08:59 AM
I liked the movie. I've never read the comics.

I have come to the conclusion that this movie will please most regular movie goers but will not please many who have read the comics.

Just like any other movie based off of a comic/book.

Gadani
U
posted 05-27-2006 12:29:57 AM
quote:
How.... Fazum'Zen Fastfist.... uughhhhhh:

I spray ya in the face, bitch!

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 05-27-2006 12:55:13 AM
I only scream those words out when im playing X Men Legends 2 with my friends, and im playing the juggernaut.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-27-2006 01:05:44 AM
Juggernaut related phrases are exceptionally fun to abuse when playing Halo 2 with friends
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-27-2006 01:38:27 AM
Pretty movie, but seriously lacking in story, and you could make a drinking game out of the number of tired comic/superhero cliches that they made.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-27-2006 01:55:14 AM
It felt...Squeezed...as a movie. And worse, it felt superfluous.

One of the nice things about Singer was that there was an explanation for things. There was a sense that the movie experience took up enough space to tell the story without resorting to needing inordinately more to dot the i's and cross the t's. Everything in it's place, and a place for everything.

The problem here was that this movie tried to cover too much ground in too little time. A lot of it felt like a flicker. They didn't explain how after the second movie, mutants and humans were getting along, for instance. They didn't explain anything that was going on in the world. And then, after all of the events in the movie, after the "Cure" causes all these problems, deaths, depowerings, etc...the score is essentially neutral. Especially if you watch the scene at the end of the credits. This movie's events could have been completely skipped and you'd have the exact same score, minus some name mutants.

The whole movie felt rushed, and worse (for a sequel) superfluous. With the second X-Men, you felt things had progressed. The ante was upped, the situation was notably worse, and it set things up for a significant next movie. This movie was insignificant. Hell the "cure" was gone at the end of the movie. There was no ongoing threat.

Plus the profanity felt forced. Everyone was dropping profanity. See, I was always taught that profanity was only inappropriate when used incorrectly. Excessive profanity was the province of people who couldn't come up with a better way of saying what they meant. While some lines ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") were fun on their own, having the situation (Juggernaut feeling the need to say said line to a 14 or 15 year old girl) not fit the exclamation made it seem tacked on for added "drama" or the like.

All said, a decent action flick, but there were a lot of minor things that nibbled away at my enjoyment, even apart from the comic fan in me.

Now for some stuff for comic fans.

Turns out the manchick? The ugly girl who looks like Ra from Stargate? Is the mutant Arclight...who yes can create seismic/vibratory shockwaves. But they have to pass through the ground. No hand-clappy kaboom. And Psylocke's power was not to turn invisible against the wall. Arclight, for the record, used to work as one of Mr Sinister's Marauders (who took part in the Morlock Massacre; Morlocks were Callisto's people...so seeing Arclight and Callisto on the same side...eh). Callisto's power wasn't to detect mutants, nor was it superspeed. It was superhuman senses (and nowadays her arms are masses of regenerating tentacles). And who was Porcupine Boy?

Seeing Madrox was cool. And FOR THE MOST PART, I did like Juggy. His giant muscle suit was suitably well disguised for the most part.

Beast was every bit as disappointing as I expected. Right voice, right inflection, even right body language at times. Still Kelsey Grammar in an inflated fuzzy blue suit, though.

Then there was the body count. The three mutants "killed" are going to make a sequel difficult. Especially when Colossus had all of two lines in the ENTIRE MOVIE. The one major mutant de-powered didn't stay depowered by the end, so who cares?

It was nice to see Bobby ice up. It was everything I hoped for.

Kitty...overplayed. And her uniform was black with pink stripes. So we had Black with Yellow (Wolverine), black with white (Storm), black with light blue (Iceman), and whatever color combo Colossus had (couldn't tell). Great. Mighty Morphin Power Mutants.

And why the FUCK does Leech look like a kid being treated for fucking leukemia!? He was GREEN, he was LUMPY, and he had NO NOSE in the comics. I had to see PORCUPINE BOY over and over but I couldn't see a decent Leech?

And suddenly the Brotherhood doesn't take out civilian targets? At least in the first two movies, there was the implied threat that they were going to target normal humans. Third? Everyone gets off the bridge. No one is killed in the Pyro bombing. Oi. God damn it.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-27-2006 01:59:26 AM
Also, even going in knowing the Sentinel was part of a danger room sequence, I was disappointed. You know that tiny little clip you all saw? That's it. Completely it.

Sean
posted 05-27-2006 02:05:58 AM
Listen, I don't want to bum you out or anything, but do you want to know who spikey asian boy is supposed to be?

Quentin Quire. Kid Omega.

Sean
posted 05-27-2006 02:06:51 AM
Oh and this little gem that I knew was true from the first time I saw a commercial.

quote:
On this note, today was the day that the cast and director of X3 did some segments on XM radio. Right now, listening to the replay of Brett Ratner, he says the big payoff he wanted with the movie was the final fight scene, and for that he took certain characters, but added some powers to them which would make them more combat ready. For example, he says he gave Psylocke the ability to turn invisible as well as have her daggers, and gave Callisto super speed, because "telepathy wouldn't have worked well in an exciting battle scene". Kid Omega was modified to be a hybrid of himself and Spyke. The end result is the Brotherhood consisting of amalgamated mutants.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-27-2006 02:07:19 AM
Everyone knew it was going to stink from the time they heard directors were being switched. Deth, I think, covered what everyone's fears were in one sentence: too much ground, too little time.

Juggernaut is his own movie. Juggernaut, "the cure," Phoenix, Morlocks all in one movie? Woo.

Let's all go home.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-27-2006 02:08:02 AM
...Kid Omega.

oi.

Sean
posted 05-27-2006 02:10:21 AM
I AM THE DESPOILER OF DREAMS

HIDE YOUR WOMEN

and your livestock

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-27-2006 02:10:59 AM
I don't remember giving you that title.

What is that, a hay baler?

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-27-2006 02:14:43 AM
quote:
Oh Mr. Parcelan. Oh Mr. Parcelan! Oh Mr. Parcelan!!;
I don't remember giving you that title.

What is that, a hay baler?

The Killdozer

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-27-2006 02:14:52 AM
Killdozer, newbiecakes! *bonk*
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-27-2006 02:17:49 AM
Btw, Boliver Trask, the creater of the Sentinels, was the black guy next to the President.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-27-2006 09:12:26 AM
quote:
Delidgamond had this to say about pies:
Btw, Boliver Trask, the creater of the Sentinels, was the black guy next to the President.

Noticed that. Kept hoping the President would empower Trask to send in the Sentinels...instead everyone got plastic guns.

Yuri
posted 05-27-2006 10:26:51 AM
So.. did anyone else stay until after the credits? )

Here's what you would have seen!

Yuri fucked around with this message on 05-27-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 05-27-2006 11:05:42 AM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Listen, I don't want to bum you out or anything, but do you want to know who spikey asian boy is supposed to be?

Quentin Quire. Kid Omega.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Steven Steve
posted 05-27-2006 12:26:41 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Yuri:

GODDD bury the fucking thing already! X-Men 3 was terrible.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-27-2006 03:52:24 PM
I was entertained.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-27-2006 03:55:59 PM
I was angered.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-27-2006 04:52:08 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Yuri:

Our ticket guy and the guy who intro'd before the movie actually told us all to stay, and they didn't bring the lights up until after the credits.

So much for all that ethics talk, eh? And I didn't like how they changed him. He would never do what he did to Jean.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Steven Steve
posted 05-27-2006 07:09:04 PM
Here's me from another forum:

Wolverine was a crybaby, Storm was Oprah, Xavier died, Cyclops died, Juggernaut died, Jean Grey died (and stood around looking like Steve Tyler the entire movie), Juggernaut had rubber muscles, Shadowcat was like 5 years old, Rogue was ugly, Gandalf was old, and the story was god damn awful. And yet all shows were sold out today and I had to wait an hour in line.

Yuri
posted 05-27-2006 08:23:26 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
GODDD bury the fucking thing already! X-Men 3 was terrible.

You seem to be in the very small minority.

Stiddy
Pancake
posted 05-27-2006 08:30:24 PM
Supposedly, Omega Red and Jubilee were in this movie. I have no idea where.

...and where's Nightcrawler? D:

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: