EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Sony announces price for PS3s!
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 01:33:29 AM
Apparently they want to afford fuel for their SUVs.

Link provided for proof.

To sum it up?

Gimped PS3? 500 bucks.

Premium PS3? 600 bucks.

What the hell, Sony? What the hell?

Sony can piss off, I'm spending my money on a Wii. It may have a batshit name, but at least it's a game console for GAMERS!

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 05-09-2006 02:10:46 AM
/spit coffee
Good lord... Alaan got his fucking Jeep for that price.
Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 02:16:02 AM
quote:
Moojing:
Gimped PS3? 500 bucks.

Premium PS3? 600 bucks.

$600 is unbelievably cheap for a multi-core, mid-to-high-end gaming rig.

To mirror it in a PC you'd need at the very least $1200

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 02:16 AM.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 02:17:29 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mooj booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Sony can piss off, I'm spending my money on a Wii. It may have a batshit name, but at least it's a game console for GAMERS!

For preteen GAMERS!

Unfortunately you're going to miss out on the best titles while the best non-nintendo Wii titles will be multi-platform and you'll wind up getting a PS3 anyway just like everybody who said they'd get a Gamecube and only a Gamecube ended up doing.

I'm willing to bet the Wii will be fairly close to the price of the 360 anyways.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 02:20 AM.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 02:26:51 AM
Actually, Maradon, the Wii is going to be 250 bucks.

And furthermore, I don't give a damn what "A comperable gaming PC" would cost, nor do I care about multi-core multimedia bullshit.

I'm a gamer, not a techno gotta-have-it-all nerd. I want a console that plays games, that's it.

I didn't buy a 360 for $400, I won't buy a PS3 for $600.

The absolute limit I had for the PS3, price-wise, was $450 dollars, and even for that much I would have expected them to cast the damn thing in gold.

Error
Pancake
posted 05-09-2006 02:38:45 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
For preteen GAMERS!

Unfortunately you're going to miss out on the best titles while the best non-nintendo Wii titles will be multi-platform and you'll wind up getting a PS3 anyway just like everybody who said they'd get a Gamecube and only a Gamecube ended up doing.

I'm willing to bet the Wii will be fairly close to the price of the 360 anyways.

Because you say ps3 has the best titles means that it must be true, right?!

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 05-09-2006 02:38:54 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Maradon! said:

Unfortunately you're going to miss out on the best titles

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-09-2006 02:39:28 AM
The problem is that, if the Wii is anything like the Gamecube, it won't be worth buying until it drops in price, their game library sucks, save for a few good'uns.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 02:44:29 AM
At the current price, even if I DID pick up a PS3, I'd still miss some of the best games because the games are estimated to be at the $70 mark. No, that price has not been officially announced yet, but given the current pricing scheme, I would not be at all surprised.

As for the Wii, currently it looks like they've got more companies looking their way than Gamecube had for most of its developmental life. However, we won't really know for certain until E3's done.

On the other hand, I'm going to E3, so I'll get to check all of this stuff out first-hand.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-09-2006 02:45:17 AM
Bring me back Morgan Webb's autograph.

Or her underwear.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 02:46:34 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mooj who doth quote:
Actually, Maradon, the Wii is going to be 250 bucks.

Speculation. Even if it did end up costing $250, then it'd have shit under the hood and the games would look like shit. If the games look like shit, the system will sell like shit, and once again Nintendo will be left as the sole reputable developer for their console.

quote:
And furthermore, I don't give a damn what "A comperable gaming PC" would cost, nor do I care about multi-core multimedia bullshit.

I'm a gamer, not a techno gotta-have-it-all nerd. I want a console that plays games, that's it.

That's not being a "gamer", that's being a "whiney little kid". Impressive new games run on expensive technology. Expensive technology costs money.

Your outrage at this is hilarious.

quote:
I didn't buy a 360 for $400, I won't buy a PS3 for $600.

The absolute limit I had for the PS3, price-wise, was $450 dollars, and even for that much I would have expected them to cast the damn thing in gold.

This post pretty much proves that you are completely unrealistic and have no clue what you're talking about.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 02:46 AM.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 02:51:27 AM
And guess what? The consoles that come out after these ones are going to cost even more.

Just a heads up.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-09-2006 02:54:18 AM
I don't know why, but this thread is really pissing me off.
«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 05-09-2006 02:56:06 AM
quote:
Maradon! enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
That's not being a "gamer", that's being a "whiney little kid". Impressive new games run on expensive technology. Expensive technology costs money.

Just like the PSP, right?

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 02:56:48 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:
This post pretty much proves that you are completely unrealistic and have no clue what you're talking about.

Odd, considering that historically I have been right on game related matters with more accuracy than you have.

I do stand corrected at least temporarily, as I cannot locate the page where I saw the Wii priced at $250 bucks. I do, however, stand my ground on that statement as prediction rather than fact. Nintendo doesn't NEED a whole lot of other shit under the hood when all they're doing is making a GAME system.

And frankly, Maradon, I feel no harm in stating that taking game advice from you would be like taking accounting advice from Enron. You're full of shit, and everyone on these boards is well aware of your anti-Nintendo bias. If we listened to you, nobody on these boards would own a Gamecube or a DS, and we'd all have purchased Master of Orion 3 the day it came out.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:11:26 AM
quote:
Mr. John Q. Gainsborough Esq. IIIing:
Just like the PSP, right?

The PSP didn't have a noticible technology advantage over the DS, but besides that, while shitty techology will stunt a system, the inverse is not necessarily true; excellent technology does not always sell a system. For other examples, see the Dreamcast.

All these "witty" one-line retorts people keep offering up are pretty badly full of holes.

quote:
Odd, considering that historically I have been right on game related matters with more accuracy than you have.

If you say so.

quote:
And frankly, Maradon, I feel no harm in stating that taking game advice from you would be like taking accounting advice from Enron. You're full of shit, and everyone on these boards is well aware of your anti-Nintendo bias. If we listened to you, nobody on these boards would own a Gamecube or a DS, and we'd all have purchased Master of Orion 3 the day it came out.

1) If nobody owned a gamecube they'd probably be better off, as the handful of excellent non-multiplatform titles on it make it a pretty crappy value compared to the PS2.

2) I said the DS would be a gimmick but I ultimately consented that I'd probably buy one, even in the first thread that it was announced in. Today: The DS touchscreen is exactly the gimmick I thought it would be.

3) There isn't a person on the planet that thought MoO3 was going to be the bomb that it was... except me. I was flamed badly on the quicksilver message board for criticizing their "The Game Plays For You" design paradigm and the removal of tactical combat. So I was kinda right there too.

I find it amazing that the people who claim I "suck at arguing" are so frequently the same ones who fly back with emotional flames every time I point out something inconvenient but obvious.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 05-09-2006 03:14:44 AM
Maradon, the PS3 isn't a gaming machine. Sony of America's president said so. It's not being targetted at households. Sony of America's president said so. The PS3 basically amounts to Sony trying to push that new disc type, Blueray or whatever, to the public, just like they tried to push UMDs to the public so that they could make more money from having a technology they have a stranglehold on become the new DVD. Except that UMDs failed horribly. And their new disc technology will fail. It's something like $2.50 per disc of it. While DVDs are about 5 cents. And HD-DVDs are maybe 50 cents.

That said, the Wii isn't gonna be utter crap just because of the low price. Wait until E3 and all the information is out there and see what exactly it can do. There's supposed to be some interesting new technology in it that hasn't been mentioned much yet. And get this...it's not expensive as all hell technology. Just because you hate Nintendo and expect it to be a piece of crap doesn't make it a piece of crap. It's nice that you have an opinion and think you're probably right, but seriously, you make a fool out of yourself sometimes.

«Banned»
Not A Winner
posted 05-09-2006 03:15:50 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
The PSP didn't have a noticible technology advantage over the DS, but besides that, while shitty techology will stunt a system, the inverse is not necessarily true; excellent technology does not always sell a system. For other examples, see the Dreamcast.

Wait, I thought he was talking about the fact that he doesn't want some multimedia piece of crap over an actual gaming system. PCs are multimedia things, not consoles. PSP didn't realize that and DS is kicking the crap out of it.

e:f,b

Mr. John Q. Gainsborough Esq. III fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 03:16 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Skaw
posted 05-09-2006 03:16:06 AM
I bought a Gamecube. Only a Gamecube. Didn't buy a PS2 or Xbox. Maradon fails.
Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:16:41 AM
And as I said, it doesn't matter whether the Wii is $250 or not, it'll be small potatos either way.

Nintendo is not stupid. They realize that MOST of the people who bought gamecubes also bought a PS2. They realize that MOST of the people who buy a Wii will already have a PS3 or will eventually get one. A $250 price tag, to me, says that Nintendo is settling for being a "secondary system" that PS3 users will buy to get their metroid/mario fix but will have nothing even approaching the visual capacity of the PS3.

It's actually a pretty wise move to realize when you can no longer compete.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 03:17:57 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maradon! wrote:
3) There isn't a person on the planet that thought MoO3 was going to be the bomb that it was... except me. I was flamed badly on the quicksilver message board for criticizing their "The Game Plays For You" design paradigm and the removal of tactical combat. So I was kinda right there too.

I find it amazing that the people who claim I "suck at arguing" are so frequently the same ones who fly back with emotional flames every time I point out something inconvenient but obvious.

On every other point, I don't really give a damn since you're so badly wrong that I feel no need to argue. On THIS point, though? I call bullshit sheerly on a matter of PRIDE.

You and I got into it BAD in the weeks leading up to MoO 3's release because I said it would suck, and you said (much like now) that I didn't know what I was talking about. I was particularly pleased when you had to mournfully post that you were wrong and that the game did, in fact, blow goats just as I said it would.

And by the way, the emotion you're reading in my posts? It's not anger, it's humor. We've done this before, I've consistantly won. I'm not the underdog in this conversation. I won't go so far as to say I've got more experience in this field, or better resources, but I certainly would go so far as to say that I've got the better track record.

Mooj fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 03:19 AM.

Skaw
posted 05-09-2006 03:19:08 AM
Pretty and potentially complicated games aren't necessarily fun games, Maradon.
Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:19:37 AM
quote:
Mr. John Q. Gainsborough Esq. IIIing:
Wait, I thought he was talking about the fact that he doesn't want some multimedia piece of crap over an actual gaming system. PCs are multimedia things, not consoles. PSP didn't realize that and DS is kicking the crap out of it.

e:f,b

I'm pretty sure what you're talking about is irrelevant to this conversation. "Multimedia" crap like burning and networking represents a negligible portion of the cost of a console.

quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Skaw booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I bought a Gamecube. Only a Gamecube. Didn't buy a PS2 or Xbox. Maradon fails.

I said most, not all, and that's true. You fail.

Good job deliberately misinterpreting my comments in an effort to make a "witty" one-line retort.

Batty
posted 05-09-2006 03:20:47 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Duck Tales:
but will have nothing even approaching the visual capacity of the PS3.

This is very amusing...especially considering some of the technologies Nintendo has patents on and will most likely include in the Wii.

Skaw
posted 05-09-2006 03:23:04 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Tron:
I said most, not all, and that's true. You fail.

Good job deliberately misinterpreting my comments in an effort to make a "witty" one-line retort.

quote:
Maradon! was naked while typing this:
just like everybody who said they'd get a Gamecube and only a Gamecube ended up doing.

Hay guy you didn't say "most." Way to fucking know what you post! You're a winner! Gold medal.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 03:23 AM.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:24:11 AM
quote:
Skawing:
Pretty and potentially complicated games aren't necessarily fun games, Maradon.

Maybe, maybe not, but they do sell much better. Just ask popcap.

quote:
x--MoojO-('-'Q) :
On every other point, I don't really give a damn since you're so badly wrong that I feel no need to argue.

"Oooh I can't be bothered to argue with you you're so stupid"

Yeah, that's not a typical poor loser move. not at all.

quote:
x--MoojO-('-'Q) :
You and I got into it BAD in the weeks leading up to MoO 3's release because I said it would suck, and you said (much like now) that I didn't know what I was talking about. I was particularly pleased when you had to mournfully post that you were wrong and that the game did, in fact, blow goats just as I said it would.

Because I was excited about the game and you were shitting all over it for stupid reasons. Later I began trolling the quicksilver forums and learned more about the EXTREMELY few gameplay details they were letting slip, and I criticized the game for entirely different reasons that just happened to turn out to be the legitimate ones.

quote:
And by the way, the emotion you're reading in my posts? It's not anger, it's humor. We've done this before, I've consistantly won. I'm not the underdog in this conversation.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 03:25 AM.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:27:55 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Batty who doth quote:
This is very amusing...especially considering some of the technologies Nintendo has patents on and will most likely include in the Wii.

I guess it's possible that Nintendo has some ultra miracle technology that will allow a $250 budget box to surpass the visual capacity of a multi-core $600 one, but I find the idea unbelievably unlikely.

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:28:39 AM
quote:
x--SkawO-('-'Q) :
Hay guy you didn't say "most." Way to fucking know what you post! You're a winner! Gold medal.

quote:
Nintendo is not stupid. They realize that MOST of the people who bought gamecubes also bought a PS2. They realize that MOST of the people who buy a Wii will already have a PS3 or will eventually get one.

I even capitalized it both times you tool, haha.

Batty
posted 05-09-2006 03:29:30 AM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:
I guess it's possible that Nintendo has some ultra miracle technology that will allow a $250 budget box to surpass the visual capacity of a multi-core $600 one, but I find the idea unbelievably unlikely.

I like Nintendo's idea of a virtual world a lot more appealing than PS3's stolen ideas and designs, especially when the price is so low!

Skaw
posted 05-09-2006 03:30:31 AM
quote:
Maradon! attempted to be funny by writing:
I even capitalized it both times you tool, haha.

Notice, idiot. You posted that after I posted what I said. Jesus fucking Christ, when did you get so retarded?

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:31:12 AM
quote:
x--BattyO-('-'Q) :
That said, the Wii isn't gonna be utter crap just because of the low price. Wait until E3 and all the information is out there and see what exactly it can do. There's supposed to be some interesting new technology in it that hasn't been mentioned much yet. And get this...it's not expensive as all hell technology. Just because you hate Nintendo and expect it to be a piece of crap doesn't make it a piece of crap. It's nice that you have an opinion and think you're probably right, but seriously, you make a fool out of yourself sometimes.

Remember when musyx was "interesting technology" and turned out to be trumped up midi?

Maradon!
posted 05-09-2006 03:33:13 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Skaw booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Notice, idiot. You posted that after I posted what I said. Jesus fucking Christ, when did you get so retarded?

What the fuck were you even talking about? Is it any wonder I got confused when your comment made no fucking sense in response to anything I was saying otherwise?

You need to get to bed, your angst is starting to leak out and it's making me laugh.

Sean
posted 05-09-2006 03:40:38 AM
None of you motherfuckers are making a bit of sense anymore.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Skaw
posted 05-09-2006 03:41:51 AM
Retarded. Gotchya. See, on these boards, posts descend down the page in the order they were made. My wording should've tipped you off to what I was replying to. Geez man, you're very disappointing in this thread
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 03:42:15 AM
quote:
Maradon! wrote this stupid crap:
Whatever makes you feel better.

Actually, THIS makes me feel better.

One cited thread of Maradon realizing he got a lemon of a game.

Cited thread the second

Cited post the third

Want me to keep going? I can. Actually, it seems I can't. I only spoke up in a couple of the threads in direct conflict with you. Ah well, every time I did, it turned out that I was right and you were wrong.

Oh, and by the way? Not arguing a point is not a sign of losing, that's merely an arguement provided by a person who has no other arguement. I will remind you that as it stands, you're the one who has the burden to prove your point here, not me.

Mooj fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 03:54 AM.

Error
Pancake
posted 05-09-2006 04:08:05 AM
owned
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-09-2006 04:15:11 AM
ITT, Nintendo is run by the communists.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-09-2006 05:55:01 AM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Pirotess:
Actually, THIS makes me feel better.

One cited thread of Maradon realizing he got a lemon of a game.

Cited thread the second

Cited post the third

Want me to keep going? I can. Actually, it seems I can't. I only spoke up in a couple of the threads in direct conflict with you. Ah well, every time I did, it turned out that I was right and you were wrong.

Oh, and by the way? Not arguing a point is not a sign of losing, that's merely an arguement provided by a person who has no other arguement. I will remind you that as it stands, you're the one who has the burden to prove your point here, not me.

His complaints were about gameplay. Yours were about storyline.

You stated repeatedly that you didn't know whether or not the gameplay would suck, and that the only reason you didn't want to buy the game was because they messed up the backstory.

Not the best thing to cite if you want to say you owned someone.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 05-09-2006 06:01:47 AM
Except that I was looking for threads where I was specifically in conflict with him. My use of the search function turned up few threads where he and I had our conflict, I'm pretty sure that the main time he and I got into it over gameplay was over PM, but since that was years ago and subsequently deleted, I had to take what I could get.

As it stands, I was still right about the game sucking, and he still couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag.

It's no secret on these boards that Maradon and I clash over games frequently. That's just what I could find easily, and it still served my purpose quite nicely.

Mooj fucked around with this message on 05-09-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-09-2006 06:02:30 AM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
If it makes you feel any better, you can take comfort in the fact that I'm going to have to sit here and probably feel envious if the game gets good reviews from you guys.

Haha

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: