EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: HELP NEEDED. URGENT.
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-12-2006 04:57:09 PM
Oh jesus, this job requires more walking than I expected. I came home on my hour lunch to get some A+D Ointment and more socks.

I need help on tips to prevent chafing oh jesus. I already looked up a couple pages and it seemed to point to spandex shorts and super hydration. I need more info arrrrgg the paaiiin.

Make the searing pain in my groin stop.

Sean
posted 04-12-2006 04:58:34 PM
Lose weight, fatty.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-12-2006 05:02:55 PM
Put lotion on your skin, so it's not dry. Staying hydrated will help, too.

Have two layers of clothing (hence the spandex recommendation) so they rub against each other rather than your legs. Breathable would definitely be good. Try boxer-briefs in cotton.

Um, good luck.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Blackened
posted 04-12-2006 05:43:15 PM
It'll get easier after 1-2 weeks, just stick with it. Your body will adjust.

ps fatty

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-12-2006 05:44:10 PM
boxer briefs.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-12-2006 05:45:30 PM
Fatty.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-12-2006 05:49:09 PM
Damn, and people keep telling me I'm mean.

Batty
posted 04-12-2006 05:53:45 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Bloodsage:
Damn, and people keep telling me I'm mean.

You're also fat.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-12-2006 05:55:03 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Batty squealed:
You're also fat.

But I'm 40, so I'm allowed a bit of extra cushioning.

Neener.

Batty
posted 04-12-2006 05:55:47 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:

Neener.

Old geezer AND fat!

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-12-2006 06:13:27 PM
Ball chafing?

Baby powder, and switch to spandex or boxer briefs.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 04-12-2006 07:26:15 PM
Corn starch will also help to prevent chafing.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-12-2006 07:52:47 PM
Hahahahahaha.

Voted 5.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-12-2006 08:31:15 PM
I am a fatty, and yeah working here is gonna help me lose weight, so I know the chafing won't last forever.

But yeah, I'll look into getting some spandex shorts or these "boxer briefs" you speak of. What like...are they? I wear boxer shorts atm, but the crotch hangs down so low that my fatty inner thighs still rub up against each other.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-12-2006 08:34:15 PM
Next question: wtf shoes do I wear?

You would think that these many many years of DDR would make me immune to feet blisters and the like, but cement and concrete apparantly own me a zillion ways sideways.

I'm thinking I should just like...wear a lot of socks for the moment, but is there like a specific foot pad or something that I can shove in my shoes to help? I have gym shoes and work boots.

Maradon!
posted 04-12-2006 08:35:01 PM
quote:
x--SeƱor GainsO-('-'Q) :
What like...are they?

Tighty whities with longer legs

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-12-2006 08:36:51 PM
quote:
Maradon! attempted to be funny by writing:
Tighty whities with longer legs

Oh, I know what you're talking about. Cool.

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-12-2006 10:21:11 PM
quote:
SeƱor Gains had this to say about Robocop:

I have worn boots for the last few years. I look for ankle support over any sort of cushioning. Sore ankels suck more than just sore feet. If you have work boots just make sure you lace them down tight and wear socks that go beyond the boot top to wick out moisture. Helps keep the foot funk down.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-12-2006 10:24:23 PM
quote:
SeƱor Gains's account was hax0red to write:

You would think that these many many years of DDR would make me immune to feet blisters and the like, but cement and concrete apparantly own me a zillion ways sideways.

I'm thinking I should just like...wear a lot of socks for the moment, but is there like a specific foot pad or something that I can shove in my shoes to help? I have gym shoes and work boots.

Regular tennis shoes should be enough, but if your feet are still suffering you can buy extra pads for your shoes, Dr Schoels (sp?) is a good brand, you can pick them up at any shoe store for minimal cost.

As far as socks...I don't know the status of your wardrobe, but some people wear broken down socks until they have holes everywhere, wouldnt hurt to run out and buy a 6 pack of new ones if you haven't already.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-12-2006 10:26:55 PM
boxer-briefs rock. Chafing be-gone
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 04-12-2006 10:33:18 PM
Boxer briefs will definatly help cut down on the chafing issue.

As for the foot wear, go into a shoe store, and say "Hey, I'm on my feet walking around all day, I need a super comfortably shoe". Worked for me. They pointed me to some nice Nike Airs, with the awesome air cusiony sole. Best damned shoes I've ever had for walking. I have flat feet(well, an archless arch), and I don't even need to use an arch support/extra cusion in them, that's how fucking comfortable they are.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-12-2006 10:33:45 PM
Running shoes, or combat boots. Beware tho, it will take a week or two to break the boots in enough ;P Blisters galore!

If you get blisters, use moleskin. Do NOT pop them! Do not completely cover the blister either, instead make a lil donut around them with the moleskin :3

For awsome shoe inserts, get Dr Scholls Gel Sport. I went to jumpschool with those, and running four miles a day in combat boots proves that they can hold up pretty well ^.^

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-12-2006 10:37:17 PM
This thread makes my pants happy.

Seriously, thanks for the info guys. I don't usually get straight answers outta ya, but this is gonna help me out a lot.

I'm in a lot of pain right now. Gonna go take a bath to try and make it better.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-12-2006 10:39:51 PM
Hope the hot water tingles.
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-13-2006 12:39:14 AM
quote:
Bloodsage said this about your mom:

Neener.

Hell, I'm 45 and I only weigh about 8 pounds more than I did in high school.

Granted I did get a little chunky about 10-15 years ago.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-13-2006 12:55:40 AM
quote:
SeƱor Gains had this to say about Optimus Prime:

If you have to wear a dress shoe looking kinda thing, I can't recommend Rockports highly enough. I had a job a couple of years ago which involved standing in a fairly small area on tile floors which is even worse than lots of walking.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-13-2006 04:22:53 AM
Fatty fatty two-by-four can't fit through the kitchen door.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 04-13-2006 at 04:28 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-13-2006 04:44:26 AM
I'm not a big friend of "Schadenfreude", but this thread is hilarious.

Also, as I started working I instantly gained 5 kilogramms. Deskjob + money to buy more and better food is a suboptimal combination. That I detest sports, does not help either.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-13-2006 12:50:47 PM
Yeah when I worked at Wal-Mart a few years ago the same thing happened. I didn't know feet could hurt that much. I found the most comfy thing to wear were skate shoes with some Dr. Shouels gel inserts.

I've never been a skateboarder, but damn are their shoes comfortable.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Maradon!
posted 04-13-2006 01:23:31 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Caid '5 Fists' Berrit who doth quote:
I've never been a skateboarder, but damn are their shoes comfortable.

Really?

The airwalks I got always had totally flat soles with almost no cushioning...

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-13-2006 02:11:41 PM
quote:
How.... Maradon!.... uughhhhhh:
Really?

The airwalks I got always had totally flat soles with almost no cushioning...

Well I've never worn Airwalks, but Ripzone, Vans, and Mole have always treated me very well. I have very wide feet, and skate shoes tend to be a wide shoe in general, so maybe it's just my foot type or something. I have no idea.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-13-2006 02:15:51 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Pirotess:
I'm not a big friend of "Schadenfreude", but this thread is hilarious.

Also, as I started working I instantly gained 5 kilogramms. Deskjob + money to buy more and better food is a suboptimal combination. That I detest sports, does not help either.

What does that word mean? I'm too lazy to look it up. I only ask cos we had a guild on my server named that.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-13-2006 02:18:10 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
What does that word mean? I'm too lazy to look it up. I only ask cos we had a guild on my server named that.

Pleasure from someone else's misfortune is the closest english translation that I can find. I think it's like a non-sexual form of mild sadism?

Confirm/Deny?!

With my gym shoes I don't like...buy anything but Nikes. I'm not brand loyal to very much but I love my yearly pair of Nikes. Been wearing 'em since I was like 9.

SeƱor Gains fucked around with this message on 04-13-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-13-2006 04:02:28 PM
If you have a bit of cash, a decent pair of medium-weight hiking boots will be both stylish and comfortable. I won't recommend a brand, because it really depends on how your feet are shaped, but I wore hiking boots almost exclusively for years and was comfortable all over the world and in many situations.

To avoid blisters, just wear a pair of thin socks underneath your regular socks.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-13-2006 04:06:13 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Bloodsage liberally with Old Spice!
If you have a bit of cash, a decent pair of medium-weight hiking boots will be both stylish and comfortable.

I don't know exactly why, but I read that in the faggiest way possible, like I'd heard it on Queer Eye or something. Maybe it was the "stylish" part.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-13-2006 04:24:22 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about dark elf butts:
If you have a bit of cash, a decent pair of medium-weight hiking boots will be both stylish and comfortable. I won't recommend a brand, because it really depends on how your feet are shaped, but I wore hiking boots almost exclusively for years and was comfortable all over the world and in many situations.

To avoid blisters, just wear a pair of thin socks underneath your regular socks.

Wolverines. Wolverines are awesome for the low end, and comfort levels. Unless you have a wide foot size.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-13-2006 05:15:27 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when KaLourin said:
boxer-briefs rock. Chafing be-gone

And guys are freaking hot in them!

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-13-2006 05:38:32 PM
Keep your ball chaffing to yourself. dubya tee eff.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-13-2006 05:46:04 PM
I went to Rebok and they had a really good hiking/safety shoe that I wear for working with the Weed Man. They aren't very expensive and they offer alot of protection plus the soles are ridiculously soft especially when you do a ton of walking each day.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Maradon!
posted 04-13-2006 05:51:06 PM
I do not dig the boxer briefs.

My balls demand to hang wild and free.

On the other hand, I've never in my entire life experienced chafing, so maybe they're good for others.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-13-2006 at 05:51 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: