EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: HELP NEEDED. URGENT.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-13-2006 06:12:05 PM
quote:
Maradon! said:
On the other hand, I've never in my entire life experienced chafing, so maybe they're good for others.

Because you're built like a fucking rake.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-13-2006 09:25:31 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris was listening to Cher while typing:
Wolverines. Wolverines are awesome for the low end, and comfort levels. Unless you have a wide foot size.

My first thought was that you were referring to Wolverines for a cure to crotch chafing...

interesting mental pic there, lemme tell ya.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-14-2006 06:03:50 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about dark elf butts:
What does that word mean? I'm too lazy to look it up. I only ask cos we had a guild on my server named that.

I found four words that describe "Schadenfreude" perfectly: America's funniest home videos.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-14-2006 07:39:19 AM
The big question with chafing is if you're wearing shorts or not. Depends what department at Lowes you're in. Most of the store they really want you wearing jeans, but in some places (garden department, lumber sometimes) you can wear shorts. Don't be stuffing any powder or anything down your shorts if it's just going to fall out the bottom and make it look like you have crusty issues down below. Aside from that, all the suggestions made thus far are good. However, if you really are a fatty, it'll be hard to find boxer-briefs that won't just ride up if you're really moving your legs around.

As for shoes...depends. Two minds on the subject. I had military boots once, and those were divine once they were broken. Hell you can get through the breaking in period with thicker socks. They're designed to support your feet no matter how rough an activity you get into. I never needed any sort of insoles or anything, but if it can make the military boot experience better, go for it. Wore mine 'til holes started getting worn in them. But for the love of god, wear some high socks to wick out that funk. Oi.

The other mind on the subject is canvas sneakers with "non-athletic" soles. See most sneakers have this weird arch support thing going on because you might be playing basketball or whatever. Nice in theory, not good for hard work in practice. Skater shoes are better if you're going to be zipping around with stuff. More secure than military boots (which have a raised heel) too in some situations.

Personally I'd get a pair of each if you can afford it, and figure out what rocks your world more. I personally like the ankle support in a boot if I'm going to be really moving around, lifting and carrying, etc.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-14-2006 08:09:51 AM
As for boot brands... get Bates or Belleville if you can. Avoid Corcoran, they are like cardboard

Get a pair with the Vibram soles, too. Avoid ripple soles, they wear off so fast it is not even funny >.< Back in school, people ran out and bought brand new lightweight ripple sole boots as soon as they were allowed to, and within two weeks they were worn down to the nubbins I am still wearing my original pair of boots, the ones I recieved at basic, and they are only just starting to get worn a little low ;D

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-14-2006 12:02:17 PM
Lots of great advice here.

I'll add something to the boxer brief department. If those are still too baggy in the groin area I'd recommend getting a couple pairs of "compression shorts". UnderArmour is an example of what I mean. Wear them over your boxer briefs or even under them. The material will wick away moisture and gives you enough support to get the family jewels out of the way. They wash and dry very easily so you could maybe get by with just a single pair considering the price. There's also copycats from Nike, Reebok and other companies so you might find a cheaper pair for dirt cheap.

I use UnderArmour quite a bit, the shirts are nice to wear under the Jiu-Jitsu kimono to keep "cow bites" from happening. Cow bites are a term used for the bruises we get from people grabbing skin when they grab a handfull of kimono material. The UnderArmour is slippery and keeps the cow bites to a minimum. If you find yourself chafing around the armpits and around the waistline as you lose more and more weight you might want to think about grabbing a compression shirt too. It'll help.

If the price of the compression shorts just won't do, why not just find a decent athletic supporter or two that have decent material instead of the icky nasty scratchy mesh some of the cheaper supporters do. It'll keep the twins up out of the way and reduce chafing.

Blisters will get better after a couple weeks. It's rough but your feet will get used to it over time. Switching boots and shoes without giving them at LEAST a couple weeks break in will only make your feet worse. It took almost a month for my work boots to break in properly.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 04-14-2006 at 12:07 PM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-15-2006 03:13:11 PM
quote:
Tarquinn stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I'm not a big friend of "Schadenfreude", but this thread is hilarious.

Also, as I started working I instantly gained 5 kilogramms. Deskjob + money to buy more and better food is a suboptimal combination. That I detest sports, does not help either.

Here I was, all excited to see someone actually use the word schadenfreude properly, simply to be disappointed by the fact that it was you.

Goddamn you.

Steven Steve
posted 04-15-2006 03:20:38 PM
I wear boxer-briefs also. They instantly transform you into a male model. (Even if you're female)
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 06:15:51 PM
Go commando then the only thing to mind is the zipper.
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-15-2006 10:14:36 PM
I bought boxer briefs. Chafing-be-gone indeed. Win to the extreme.

I bought some Dr. Scholl's gel inserts or whatever. Win #2. My feet are still sore, but I was on them for like 9 and a half hours, so I shouldn't expect perfection. I'm gonna buy new work boots that fit me better tomorrow.

Thanks again, doods.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 04-16-2006 08:21:22 PM
Personally, the gel inserts never really did anything for me when I was on my feet for more than 4-6 hours. I've had more luck with the Dr. Scholl's Tri-comfort insoles. You might look into them if your feet are still sore even when wearing the gel inserts.

To be honest, though, I found the right ones for me only after trying practically every kind out there. If your feet are still sore after trying one type, don't be afraid to experiment. You'll eventually find the right inserts for your feet.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-16-2006 08:42:00 PM
quote:
Densetsu was naked while typing this:
To be honest, though, I found the right ones for me only after trying practically every kind out there. If your feet are still sore after trying one type, don't be afraid to experiment. You'll eventually find the right inserts for your feet.

After buying 100 dollars worth of crap that I'll never use.

I'd rather my feet hurt than my wallet tbh.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-17-2006 04:21:39 PM
quote:
Señor Gains obviously shouldn't have said:
I bought boxer briefs. Chafing-be-gone indeed. Win to the extreme.

I bought some Dr. Scholl's gel inserts or whatever. Win #2. My feet are still sore, but I was on them for like 9 and a half hours, so I shouldn't expect perfection. I'm gonna buy new work boots that fit me better tomorrow.

Thanks again, doods.

After a while your feet will start to feel like leather and hard as concrete. It will take a while but if the pain does ease in time and the dr.schol insoles will work wonders. I'm usually on my feet walking around 10 hours a day and they have helped my feet and my back.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: