EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Kingdom Hearts
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-09-2006 04:27:19 AM
Okay, give me the skinny on Abilities in this game. I've got them locked and loaded I think, but I don't see a way to actually pull off these moves. Or are things like Dodge Roll just automatic?

Yes, I'm just now getting back to this game. I want to play II

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-09-2006 07:34:12 AM
KH1 or 2?

KH1: I think there's a button that lets you dodge roll. Check the ability descriptor to see what it is.

KH2: Dodge roll and shit is part of the reaction system. See a green triangle flash on screen, push it for cool moves.

Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-09-2006 08:02:21 AM
In KH1 Dodge Roll in one is used my pressing the analog stick in a direction and hitting square.

You don't get a dodge roll-esque ability until Quick Run via the Wisdom Form in KH2 and it sucks until you get it to the last level. =/

Señor Gains fucked around with this message on 04-09-2006 at 08:02 AM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-09-2006 11:50:44 AM
While it's in a Kingdom Hearts-themed thread, I'll ask a quick question:

Do they ever change anything about the reaction system, or make it anything but pushing triangle to do things?

I had just played through God of War before startting KH2, so the idea of reacting to enemies attacks and special combos 'n stuff seemed like a good idea. Instead during those little cutscenes, I end up just mashing triangle and watching the movie win the fight for me.

Does it ever change from triangle? Like God of War's multi-button system? Or will it still be "Push triangle to start the event. Onoes! Push triangle again to keep the event going! Another push of the triangle button for extra attacks! To execute the special finishing move....push triangle!" The result being fun to watch, but overall boring to execute.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-09-2006 11:54:20 AM
All it has under Abilities is which ones and the way to assign them. It doesn't have anything on what buttons do what.

And wtf is up with the big tubby Heartless? I can kill them, but damn it takes a while. What's the trick?

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 04-09-2006 12:25:46 PM
Get behind them and beat em up. Easiest way is to wait until they throw themselves forward and sit on the ground for a while. When they get to a certain amount of damage they'll immediately turn towards you and thump their chests. Either dodge out of the way of the coming attack or try to hit em in the head, depending on your damage capability and personal skills. After that they pretty much keep their front towards you so you have to aim for the head.

At least, as far as my memory serves.

Feed my hungry soul.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-09-2006 12:26:35 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Lyinar Ka`Bael stammered:
All it has under Abilities is which ones and the way to assign them. It doesn't have anything on what buttons do what.

And wtf is up with the big tubby Heartless? I can kill them, but damn it takes a while. What's the trick?

Should be square button to dodge roll iirc.

And whack the Large Bodies in the head, or in the back. Either spot are their weak points.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-09-2006 01:16:17 PM
Aha! I see it now.

WTF are with the Heartless duders that look like they're wearing white burlap sacks?

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-09-2006 01:18:14 PM
Umm...the White Mushrooms? You have to hit them with a certain magic depending on what kind of action they are doing. If they're shivering, hit 'em with fire, if they're hot, hit them with blizzard and if they got a yellow orb over their head, hit 'em with lightning. There's a couple other motions that pop up when you get more magic, but those are the most common.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-09-2006 01:56:01 PM
Gotcha. They kept disappearing so I wasn't sure what was going on.

Btw, how to you reset an area that has Heartless? I want to level up, but say in Traverse Town, I have to go through a couple districts before the Gizmo shop resets. Any easier way?

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-09-2006 02:25:30 PM
I just tried to find a circle to go around because it resets after like 3 screens. You can just take a save point out to the world map to reset everything also.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-09-2006 05:01:56 PM
quote:
Señor Gains was naked while typing this:
Umm...the White Mushrooms? You have to hit them with a certain magic depending on what kind of action they are doing. If they're shivering, hit 'em with fire, if they're hot, hit them with blizzard and if they got a yellow orb over their head, hit 'em with lightning. There's a couple other motions that pop up when you get more magic, but those are the most common.

How many times? I hit them and they kind of dance around and then they still disappear.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-09-2006 05:05:17 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's fortune cookie read:
How many times? I hit them and they kind of dance around and then they still disappear.

come on, now

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-09-2006 08:30:48 PM
Now find which one has complete info on these things, cause all the ones I've looked at don't.

Or an answer from someone who's actually played the game would help.

Alaan
posted 04-09-2006 08:33:56 PM
If you hit them with the correct magic three times they drop synth items. If you don't know what they want, don't cast anything. They run away on a miscast. You can just skip two or maybe three gestures before they bail.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-09-2006 10:12:33 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
Now find which one has complete info on these things, cause all the ones I've looked at don't.

Did you try the one marked Mushroom Hunting FAQ (JIS)?

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-09-2006 10:15:10 PM

What is THAT?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-11-2006 09:21:31 PM
How do I get back to Monstro? Every time I try to go through Normal or Warp, Goofy just says he's gone and to go before he comes back. But he has a White Trinity. There has to be a way to get back to him, right?

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-12-2006 01:34:23 AM
Just keep going back and forth through the path he is supposed to be on.

He'll show up eventually.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-15-2006 01:31:47 PM
What's the best way to fight the Black Fungus?

I keep having trouble finishing with a combo.

Burori
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 03:35:13 PM
It dies instintly with a Gravity spell but to get the goods of Mystery goo you need to kill it with only the keyblade hits.
Neverwinter Nights Characters:

Race: Dwarf
Name: (Kill) Kilinus
Class: Fighter/Weapon Master/ Doom Knight
Level: 14
Allignent: Neutral Evil
Diety: Bane

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-15-2006 04:55:21 PM
I'm having the damnedest time with the goo. Kept having issues with the black fungus so I went looking for white mushrooms and got lucky and got 3. Need either 3 or 4 more, cause I can't remember if the last recipe I have before the weapon uses one or not.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-15-2006 05:15:26 PM
Note to anyone playing this in the future: The Treasure Room in Agrabah is fantastic for white mushrooms and they nearly always drop a Mystery Goo in there.

Alaan
posted 04-15-2006 06:07:36 PM
I had the best luck for them outside the camp in Deep Jungle
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-15-2006 06:27:35 PM
I couldn't get them to spawn consecutivel at the camp, but if you leave the TR and go through the Bottomless Hall, then zone into the Hall and run back in, I was getting every fight or every other fight in the TR as mushrooms.

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-15-2006 10:16:23 PM
quote:
Alaan's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I had the best luck for them outside the camp in Deep Jungle

qft

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-15-2006 10:30:40 PM
I found that a circular route between the Red Room -> Green Room -> Hallway -> Red Room in traverse town worked for me late-game. You can get a TON of Synth Items between all three, and White Mushrooms are frequent in the green/red (I forget which one) rooms.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 04-15-2006 at 10:31 PM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 04-15-2006 11:02:56 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Khyron said this:
I found that a circular route between the Red Room -> Green Room -> Hallway -> Red Room in traverse town worked for me late-game. You can get a TON of Synth Items between all three, and White Mushrooms are frequent in the green/red (I forget which one) rooms.

Yeah, I spent quite a while there for the drops from Defenders.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-16-2006 12:32:24 AM
It's Red

I still like the Treasure Room

And man, what an ending. Playing II now.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-16-2006 12:36:07 AM
The ending in I is cool, but imo, it doesn't make any goddamn sense.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-16-2006 01:29:00 AM
Sure it does. They even hinted at what was going to happen earlier in the game.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-16-2006 11:13:30 AM
You have to understand...Lyinar's been living, breathing, eating, drinking Kingdom Hearts. Any day now I'm expecting a crate of "Potion" to show up at our house.

In other words, her perception of the world around her has shifted into the KH-Zone and she sees secret truths the rest of us cannot.

Keep waiting to wake up one day with my hair cut like Sora's.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-16-2006 12:03:49 PM
ROFL

Sean
posted 04-16-2006 12:06:29 PM
Startlingly unfunny.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Malbi
posted 04-16-2006 02:02:41 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Pirotess:
You have to understand...Lyinar's been living, breathing, eating, drinking Kingdom Hearts. Any day now I'm expecting a crate of "Potion" to show up at our house.

In other words, her perception of the world around her has shifted into the KH-Zone and she sees secret truths the rest of us cannot.

Keep waiting to wake up one day with my hair cut like Sora's.

On the plus side I think you could pull it off

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-16-2006 03:12:55 PM
Deth is more a Large Body Heartless.

I get to be a Defender. Or Hades. I've always liked Hades.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 04-16-2006 at 03:13 PM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-16-2006 03:35:47 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:
Deth is more a Large Body Heartless.

I get to be a Defender. Or Hades. I've always liked Hades.

You're Pete.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-16-2006 03:36:51 PM
Get outta my way!
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-16-2006 07:50:58 PM
If Sora gets to bone Kairi, does that mean he's boning her and Naminé at the same time?

If so, what a pimp!

Sean
posted 04-16-2006 08:31:45 PM
quote:
Señor Gains had this to say about Knight Rider:
If Sora gets to bone Kairi, does that mean he's boning her and Naminé at the same time?

If so, what a pimp!

Man I can't believe I totally called that spoiler and I haven't even gotten to it in KH2 because I'm so burnt out.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: