EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: desu
nem-x
posted 04-07-2006 05:07:01 AM
Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-07-2006 05:07:39 AM
what
Ryuujin
posted 04-07-2006 05:18:45 AM
Desu?
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 04-07-2006 05:22:14 AM

Boatlightsdesu.

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 06:00:15 AM
OH NO!! KUNKUN IS A TRAITOR!!!!

Must... have... season 3

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-07-2006 at 06:03 AM.

nem-x
posted 04-07-2006 06:21:54 AM
Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 06:48:35 AM
rozen maiden makes me all tingly inside.
Parce Looks Like Donkeylips
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 08:08:32 AM
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 08:11:13 AM
and also sugintou

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:09:51 AM
I declare this the best thread ever.
desu~
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-07-2006 11:07:26 AM
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 04-07-2006 02:11:15 PM
So, i have a chaos 40K army, Khorne style, so im thinking of rigging up a Dreadnought, painting it with the Khorne Colors and DESU~ on it in big giant drippy letters. And when i have to roll to see if it goes insane, if i get Blood Frenzy or Fire Frenzy, i will scream out FRENZY DESU!
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Alaan
posted 04-07-2006 02:24:10 PM

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-07-2006 02:25:12 PM
~de arimasu
Alaan
posted 04-07-2006 02:32:26 PM

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-07-2006 03:08:24 PM
Mostly anime ignorant here...what is this show?
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Alaan
posted 04-07-2006 03:12:24 PM
Rozen Maiden for most, Shakugan no Shana for my hijack.
nem-x
posted 04-07-2006 03:33:08 PM
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 05:51:46 PM
Alaan needs to gtfo.

And nem-x needs to get the junk out of his trunk and stick with desu!

there's nothing but love for janku

Steven Steve
posted 04-07-2006 06:32:03 PM
It all depends on what the definition of "desu" is.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 06:37:29 PM
quote:
x--Fazum'Zen FastfistO-('-'Q) :
It all depends on what the definition of "desu" is.

It really has no direct english equivalent, which is why it's left out of fansubs.

As I recall, the closest approximation is a word that means "is" or "I am."

Geneki desu means "I'm fine"

Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-07-2006 06:40:14 PM
quote:
From the book of Maradon!, chapter 3, verse 16:
It really has no direct english equivalent, which is why it's left out of fansubs.

As I recall, the closest approximation is a word that means "is" or "I am."

Geneki desu means "I'm fine"

Most direct translation is "it is". "Genki desu" is literally "it is well" or "it is energy/energetic", which becomes "I'm fine" or "I am well" due to context.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 06:50:38 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kuroi Madoushi booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Most direct translation is "it is". "Genki desu" is literally "it is well" or "it is energy/energetic", which becomes "I'm fine" or "I am well" due to context.

I just googled "desu means" and read the summary of the first result.

I still don't understand why she'd say "it is" at the end of every sentence, though.

Talonus
Loner
posted 04-07-2006 07:05:02 PM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:

I still don't understand why she'd say "it is" at the end of every sentence, though.

It's not actually meant to be translated. The ~desu is meant to imply a formal or polite tone. Google desu/masu for a further explanation. ~de ariamsu is basically the same thing as ~desu IIRC.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-07-2006 08:01:31 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Captain Planet:

You'll hear things like desu, de arismasu, desu wa, desu no, be gozaru, dattebayo, et cetera at the end of sentences in all sorts of animes. It doesn't really mean anything, it's more of an idiosyncrasy of speech. This is particularly common with characters that are from Osaka or anywhere else that uses the Kansai dialect.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-07-2006 08:46:03 PM
'Splain what this neat-looking series is about :3
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 04-07-2006 08:48:10 PM

Posting de gozaimasu in a desu thread de gozaimasu.
LeMiere
posted 04-07-2006 08:50:42 PM
I'm starting to believe the zealots when they say "anime has ruined our culture."
Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:01:57 PM
quote:
Leding:

Backstory (spoiler'd for extremely minor details revealed in the first couple episodes):

Rozen is an enigmatic, legendary dollmaker. Fairy tales about him have been around for centuries. Supposedly, he is not only immortal, but has the deity-like power to create living, sentient dolls. Rozen has been trying for centuries to create the perfect girl, whom he referrs to as 'Alice'. He attempts seven times, each attempt being drastically different from the last, and stops. The seven dolls, all imperfect in some way but each with an aspect of perfection, are called the Rozen Maiden. Each has a 'Rosa Mystica' which basically represents their life force. The dolls believe that father wants them to play the 'Alice Game', wherein each doll finds a master, or medium (or servant, in Shinku's case) to provide them power, and then they fight one another basically to the death and take the loser's rosa mystica. The doll to collect all the rosa mystica becomes Alice and gets to meet father. Most of the dolls love each other dearly, however, so this presents a lot of conflict.

It sounds girly, and it is, but the style and the concepts presented are absolutely beautiful, and there actually is a lot of fairly good action and fighting. The plot actually reminds me of bladerunner in that, even once you're done watching it, there's soooooo much speculation and complexity that can be explored.

Oh yeah, the dolls have magic powers, btw, and most of them kick tons of ass.

Shinku is my favorite

But boatlights-chan holds a solid second place.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-07-2006 at 09:04 PM.

nem-x
posted 04-07-2006 09:03:28 PM
quote:
Led had this to say about dark elf butts:

It's about how Suigin Tou is the best.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 09:05:28 PM
The right light on a boat is green and left is red (don't remember boat side names), so that would make Souseiseki-chan the true boatlights-chan.

I don't approve of calling Desu-chan boatlights.

Also, in response to the Suigintou has 6 fingers pic:

Señor Gains fucked around with this message on 04-07-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:07:32 PM
Holy shit, wait, did they just draw that wrong or does suigintou really have six fingers on one hand!?

Fuck now I have to go check

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-07-2006 09:07:41 PM
Is this for sale, or is it still in fansub~online~land~o?
Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 09:09:50 PM
quote:
Led's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Fansubs. The manga comes out in may though, so the anime being licensed shouldn't be far behind. Get it while you can.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-07-2006 09:10:27 PM
Links plzbunnies!
Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:11:00 PM
quote:
Leding:

animesuki.com should have both the first season and the second, which is called Träumend (which is pronounced TROY-MEND for crap's sake I hate it when people mispronounce that when they SAY IT AT THE END OF EVERY EPISODE)

It's extremely new - Träumend just came out last fall. I have it on good authority that season 3 is starting this fall.

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:11:55 PM
Hurry and download so you can join our elite club of rozen maiden fans.

We can make jokes about kanaria.

Tremendous Faggot
posted 04-07-2006 09:12:18 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Knight Rider:
I have it on good authority that season 3 is starting this fall.

Says who?

Also, I wish Kanaria was introduced earlier in the series. She was developed too late for me to really get any attachment to her. Sad really because I like her a lot. She so silly.

Señor Gains fucked around with this message on 04-07-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-07-2006 09:13:14 PM
quote:
Señor Gains thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Fansubs. The manga comes out in may though, so the anime being licensed shouldn't be far behind. Get it while you can.

Both seasons can be found in batch torrents on Anime Yume.

Rozen Maiden
Rozen Maiden: Traumend

Maradon!
posted 04-07-2006 09:14:13 PM
quote:
Señor Gainsing:
Says who?

An extremely asian guy who is a friend of a guildie, and by extremely asian I mean he spoke little enough english that it might just be wishful thinking on my part. Supposedly season 3 will not follow the manga at all, but that's not a huge deal since according to wikipedia the first two seasons were only loosely based on the manga anyway.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-07-2006 at 09:16 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: