EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I need something to play in the library
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 11-28-2005 02:14:24 PM
Does anybody know of any good free games, a la Runescape like, where you can play them in a browser? Ive been needing something to do since the College library locked out Runescape, and i fear the only other place i can turn to is CS.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
nem-x
posted 11-28-2005 02:38:02 PM
People who play games on library computers are GAY
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-28-2005 02:46:22 PM
Read a goddamn book.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 02:49:34 PM
I would, but unfortunately, my books are a hop, skip, and a jump away, and im too lazy to do all three of those.
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-28-2005 02:51:37 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Anakha gently hums:
I would, but unfortunately, my books are a hop, skip, and a jump away, and im too lazy to do all three of those.

If your library is anything like the others I've been in over the years, you shouldn't be forced to go get your own books, because you're surrounded by thousands of them on every subject imaginable.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 03:01:00 PM
Ahh, but this is the college library, filled to the brim with subjects i could care less about, but lacking a single copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 11-28-2005 03:03:40 PM
quote:
Anakha got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
filled to the brim with subjects i could care less about

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-28-2005 03:06:53 PM
quote:
Anakha had this to say about Robocop:
Ahh, but this is the college library, filled to the brim with subjects i could care less about, but lacking a single copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The library is a wealth of information that would be useful for you to know.

In just one hour, you could learn the driving forces behind the holocaust, how to brainwash someone or what causes cancer.

Or, I suppose you could read an obscure piece of science fiction comedy embraced by losers to set themselves apart from other losers.

Read a book, you fucktard.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-28-2005 03:10:09 PM
I don't think you know your library well enough, then. Every college library I've ever seen has a fiction section that contains quite a selection of good books, including SF and fantasy. Because, you know, there are generally courses on that kind of thing.

Unless you're at some seriously Bumfuck U.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 03:11:23 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Bumfuck U.

I'm at a community college, so yes, it is Bumfuck U.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-28-2005 03:20:30 PM
quote:
Anakha obviously shouldn't have said:

Dosn't like to read and at a community college. Imagine that.

Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 03:23:18 PM
quote:
Naimah wrote this stupid crap:
Dosn't like to read and at a community college. Imagine that.

Wrong again, actually i enjoy reading, but not overly much. Considering I spent nearly this entire weekend reading the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, since i never read all the books.

And no, im not obsessed with Douglas Adams, i just have his books on my mind.

Sean
posted 11-28-2005 03:30:12 PM
Why the fuck are you in a library at all if not to read?
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 03:31:08 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Sean wrote:
Why the fuck are you in a library at all if not to read?

So i can grace these forums with my presence!

</sarcasm>

Sean
posted 11-28-2005 03:32:17 PM
You are truly the worst kind of human being.

nem-x
posted 11-28-2005 03:41:21 PM
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-28-2005 03:41:50 PM
Here's a Douglas Adams book that you might find in the biology section.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/a/douglas-adams/last-chance-to-see.htm

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-28-2005 03:49:19 PM
Pick up a book on something neat, like criminal or sexual behaviour.
Anakha
posted 11-28-2005 03:54:02 PM
I suppose i could go back to reading up on mental disorders. (WHEE! IM SCREWED UP IN THE HEAD) or go back to writing my horrible novel.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-28-2005 05:18:50 PM
quote:
Anakha had this to say about Pirotess:

really, the Community College(OCC, Harvard on the Lake, Hooper U, UCLA-University Closest to Lakewood Area- Pre-Rutgers) and so on I goto has a fairly good Fiction section. Hell they have some odd ass books too, I remember haveing to wait for a class to start because the one before it was canceled, found a fairly large book devoted to electric motors under 25 HP, All about the motor, Construction usage and so forth. I read like a 1/4 of it brfore I had to goto class.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-28-2005 06:07:43 PM
quote:
Liam enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Pick up a book on something neat, like criminal or sexual behaviour.

Remember how cool those books on snakes, spiders and such were when you were a kid?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 11-28-2005 06:18:00 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Knight Rider:
Remember how cool those books on snakes, spiders and such were when you were a kid?

When we were kids?

Fuck, man, those books are still cool.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-28-2005 06:39:05 PM
Most libraries have fiction of some sort, even if they don't have a section set aside for it. The nonfiction section often has classics (810-830ish in Dewey Decimal) and even graphic novels/comic at 741.5. Philosophy and all kinds of other interesting topics you might not expect can be found in the non-fiction section.

Edit: also around 800-810 are books with writing and grammar tips, if you want advice on writing the novel you mentioned.

MorbId fucked around with this message on 11-28-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-28-2005 06:41:56 PM
quote:
Sean stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
When we were kids?

Fuck, man, those books are still cool.

Suddar
posted 11-28-2005 07:44:43 PM
I think you should be banned for this.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-28-2005 07:49:28 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Suddar wrote:
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
nem-x
posted 11-28-2005 08:47:00 PM
quote:
Suddar spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-28-2005 08:53:10 PM
Our Library at my college has computers where the only software there is to find books. That said, I went to the computer lab to play games during all my breaks

Edit: Oh and fuck books. I have never gone out and read a book that wasn't assigned to me by my English prof. I have never, ever found them entertaining in the slightest. Any research I do is on the internet.

Delidgamond fucked around with this message on 11-28-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 11-28-2005 09:31:37 PM
Battleon!
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 11-29-2005 11:31:06 PM
quote:
New Age Bane had this to say about pies:
Battleon!

Wow, loads of replies and smart ass remarks, and someone finally comes through with an answer that applies to the original question.

Go Bane!

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-30-2005 12:06:40 AM
There'a also loads of sites with flash games. In addition, perhaps MUDs will be your thing while at the library. No, I'm not linking you to examples of either.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-30-2005 01:56:25 AM
quote:
Redmage Darkrayver had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Wow, loads of replies and smart ass remarks, and someone finally comes through with an answer that applies to the original question.

Go Bane!

Is this what a loser circle jerk looks like?

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-30-2005 02:31:31 AM
Why the fuck are you even at college at all?

You're wasting time and money, and taking up facilities that could be used by someone who wants to learn.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-30-2005 02:49:17 AM
quote:
Pvednes enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Why the fuck are you even at college at all?

You're wasting time and money, and taking up facilities that could be used by someone who wants to learn.

Interesting point. It crosses my mind that, in this day and age, college is no longer really an exception, but a requirement to get anywhere in life. I notice that a lot of people come out of college not really knowing jack.

Maybe this can be attributed to the fact that a lot of kids take college courses they really aren't interested in, like business and so forth, and as a result, never really learn anything.

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-30-2005 06:50:00 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Interesting point. It crosses my mind that, in this day and age, college is no longer really an exception, but a requirement to get anywhere in life. I notice that a lot of people come out of college not really knowing jack.

Maybe this can be attributed to the fact that a lot of kids take college courses they really aren't interested in, like business and so forth, and as a result, never really learn anything.

It could be that alot of kids pick a major without even giveing thought to what you do with it after you finich school, or even what sort of job you would get with it. I know of like 5 diffrent kids going to monmouth University that all took the same degree, and all found out that what you do with it is not something they want to do. Or you get the kids coasting on their parents money takeing a degree in like Mass media or some sort of basket weaving degree. I mean I have weighed out what I wanted to get from school, and went with the thing that would lead to better employment over what looked fun.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-30-2005 08:22:40 AM
It's about education, not employment.

If all you want out of it is employment, go with an apprenticeship in something you enjoy instead. Tradesmen make a good living.

If you want an education, you go to university. University is for people with the desire to learn, and the ability to do so. Without those two things, you've no right to be there, no matter how much money you have.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-30-2005 08:29:18 AM
quote:
Pvednes stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

If all you want out of it is employment, go with an apprenticeship in something you enjoy instead. Tradesmen make a good living.

If you want an education, you go to university. University is for people with the desire to learn, and the ability to do so. Without those two things, you've no right to be there, no matter how much money you have.

But think of the poor.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-30-2005 08:49:23 AM
quote:
Naimah stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
But think of the poor.

Not reading, hmm? If you have the ability and desire to learn, you have the right to an education, economic considerations notwithstanding.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-30-2005 11:34:43 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Pvednes said:
Not reading, hmm? If you have the ability and desire to learn, you have the right to an education, economic considerations notwithstanding.

Actually I did. In general lower income children will do poorer on most measures of intelegence regardless of their actual ability. Thus by saying only those with the desire and ability to learn, which has to be measured in some way, should go to college you are saying that the poor should have a lesser chance.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-30-2005 11:53:33 AM
quote:
Pvednes attempted to be funny by writing:

That used to be true. But now a lot of it is about employment. Many industries will not even look at you without a 4 year degree. And that number is increasing everyday. That is what is pushing this change.

The role of Universities has changed over the years, theres no "right" to be at one or not. If you have the money and the grades, you're in. Universities are not some mystical entity, they're a business just like McDonald's.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: