EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Soul Calibur III
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 04:18:41 PM
This game is complete crap if you want to play a heavy-hitting character like Astaroth or Nightmare. Light characters will dance circles around them and pretty much never lose.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-29-2005 04:23:14 PM
Slow characters have to play a trap game. It's just like the other SCs. I play against a very strong nightmare routinely and he is able to do quite well.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 04:25:39 PM
Fucking Seong Mi-na and Mitsurugi kicked my ass as Zasamaelelalalaldaagnaguaualaaleelalaalalaeuaealalala and Siegfried respectively.

DAMN ASIANS >:[

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-29-2005 04:35:37 PM
Zasamael is weird. I havn't found out how you are supposed to make him tick. All the new characters have tricks to them. It seems they suck until you figure out the trick and then they have the ability to become very devastating.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 04:36:51 PM
Yeah, I don't know either. At first, I thought he was a slightly-faster Astaroth, but that retarded scythe doesn't get much reach.

PS: He's black.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 05:42:59 PM
Bah. The entire appeal of SC2 was that anyone could pick it up and stand a fighting chance without really knowing a whole lot about fighting games. Now, it's just another "block until an opening shows up, one combo wins the fight" shitfest.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-29-2005 05:47:00 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was listening to Cher while typing:
Bah. The entire appeal of SC2 was that anyone could pick it up and stand a fighting chance without really knowing a whole lot about fighting games. Now, it's just another "block until an opening shows up, one combo wins the fight" shitfest.

Have to keep in mind that air control is alot stronger now making combos more difficult to pull off.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 05:48:56 PM
quote:
Naimah wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Have to keep in mind that air control is alot stronger now making combos more difficult to pull off.

That crazy Jap bitch didn't seem to have much difficulty pulling off all kinds of shit off on my ass.

And this Abyss whore is just a complete faggot. It's like he can READ YOUR GODDAMN MIND.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-29-2005 06:48:43 PM
The trick to abyss is throw whore him, and the new computers are know as BLOCK WHORE YOUR ASS! real players however, are not like that.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 06:55:36 PM
He keeps pissing on my throws! Be all like "no way jose!"
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-29-2005 08:43:15 PM
Zasalamel's actually got quite a bit of range on that scythe, the trick is that most of his basic moves don't make use of it.

Frankly, though, I agree that the game's AI needs to cool off a bit. It's been a damn annoyance to deal with the constantly blocking computer.

CotS mode is pretty fun, though.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-29-2005 09:01:00 PM
It's not like the AI really matters. It's all about VS mode.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-29-2005 09:26:03 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about the Spice Girls:
It's not like the AI really matters. It's all about VS mode.

Except some people like single player mode, and it's faster to unlock weapons and features that way than by the number of battles method of unlocking.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 09:41:30 PM
The VS mode is fun, yeah, but I want to hear the stories behind everything.

I'm not sure why, though; Soul Calibur has some pretty shitty writing.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 10-29-2005 09:51:44 PM
Out of curisoity is the charachter customization any good?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-29-2005 09:52:28 PM
Zalzamane trying to stop Zalzamane in the clocktower!
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 10:01:26 PM
Soul Calibur 3 drinking games!

-Take a shot whenever someone says 'absurd!'

-Take a sip of beer everytime there is an unnecessary ellipse between phrases.

-Finish your beer if you beat Kilik, Seong Mi-Na or Abyss in under five tries.

Add your own!

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-29-2005 10:03:54 PM
Abyss and Seung Mi-Na are easy for me.

Kilik likes to turn me around and ram his staff up my ass and through my mouth

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-29-2005 10:08:58 PM
What character do you play?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-29-2005 10:12:46 PM
Voldo, Kilik, Astaroth and Raphael
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-29-2005 10:24:56 PM
Here comes another Delid Voldo pic.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-29-2005 11:16:53 PM
I just happened to get a perfect on Abyss with Kilik. His 6AAA move is obscenely overpowered, and if you can play the range game with his B moves until you do that, Abyss can't touch you.
Lashanna
noob
posted 10-29-2005 11:24:12 PM
quote:
Mooj said this about your mom:
I just happened to get a perfect on Abyss with Kilik. His 6AAA move is obscenely overpowered, and if you can play the range game with his B moves until you do that, Abyss can't touch you.

I got a perfect with Sophitia, because you get to use Soul Calibur as your weapon. And really, you have no excuse for losing if you're using Soul Calibur.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-30-2005 12:02:31 AM
Well I don't know what the fuck I'm doing wrong. It seems all my fights are pretty much based off of whether or not the computer decides to let me win.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-30-2005 01:10:14 AM
If I'm going to play a normal character, I'll go Talim.

If I'm going to play any character, including creatables, I'm going with a Ninja with Katana and Shruiken.

Shruiken bomb spam ftw.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-30-2005 01:25:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Well I don't know what the fuck I'm doing wrong. It seems all my fights are pretty much based off of whether or not the computer decides to let me win.

Yeah, Namco really fucking screwed up with this formula... The computer is a complete whore when it comes to blocking and countering.

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-30-2005 01:35:36 AM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about (_|_):
Yeah, Namco really fucking screwed up with this formula... The computer is a complete whore when it comes to blocking and countering.

Which is why I love the ninja creatable class. Starts off with an unblockable cheese move (default controls, hit square and triangle at the same time) with the Kunai style. Hitting the button combo listed above, you shoot out a jet of flame that goes straight through guards and does quite a bit of damage. It flips up at the end though, so if you aren't close enough, it won't hit, or it can be ducked under.

However, Kunai really doesn't have many good combos, which is where Katana + Shruiken comes into play. Lots of decent 2 to 3 hit quick combos, along with an awesome poof up in the air attack which links into a ton of different attacks. To start off, you hit square + triangle while standing still to launch yourself into the air, then you hit the same buttons again to launch a flaming shruiken to the ground. Completely unblockable, but it's easier to dodge since it hits a much smaller area. If your opponent runs directly at you, they can position themselves under you where the shruiken won't hit, and it also won't hit if you are too far away from them.

However, it always seems to land in the Computer's sweet spot, and namely against Abyss in Quick Play mode, you can spam the hell out of it to whup his ass.

Otherwise, I like Talim because she's fast as hell and has tons of knockdown attacks (though, seems like she's been toned down from SC2, where you could keep an opponent locked down for most of a round).

Willias fucked around with this message on 10-30-2005 at 01:36 AM.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-30-2005 03:09:11 AM
I got a perfect against Abyss with Voldo. Voldo for the win.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-30-2005 03:13:59 AM
Voldo can eat the most massive of wangs after he kept me from getting Olcaden THREE TIMES IN A ROW THE BLIND BONDAGE BASTARD!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-30-2005 06:05:33 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about John Romero:
If I'm going to play a normal character, I'll go Talim.

If I'm going to play any character, including creatables, I'm going with a Ninja with Katana and Shruiken.

Shruiken bomb spam ftw.

Is shuriken really spelled shruiken in that game?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-30-2005 11:11:27 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about John Romero:
Is shuriken really spelled shruiken in that game?

Probably not. I thought that was the way to spell it, but it's actually shuriken. D:

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-30-2005 05:33:41 PM
Tira looks like a mascot for Suicide Girls. This pleases me.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-30-2005 05:42:00 PM
I don't even fucking know about Tira.

A one-eyed Egyptian with a scythe? Okay.

A crazy kimono-clad whore? Also decent.

But Tira just seems like that one character in every fighting game that doesn't fit in at all and looks like they took a hula hoop, a parrot and a druid and meshed them together.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-30-2005 09:17:32 PM
quote:
Verily, Mr. Parcelan doth proclaim:
I don't even fucking know about Tira.

A one-eyed Egyptian with a scythe? Okay.

A crazy kimono-clad whore? Also decent.

But Tira just seems like that one character in every fighting game that doesn't fit in at all and looks like they took a hula hoop, a parrot and a druid and meshed them together.

You forgot to count her second costume. That adds color-blind goth to the equation.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-30-2005 09:44:37 PM
my created warrior with Iron Sword discipline!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-30-2005 09:49:53 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze attempted to be funny by writing:
my created warrior with Iron Sword discipline!

I hear you on that one! It's such an awesome weapon set to use. I'm working towards unlocking more disciplines for use on the CaS characters.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-30-2005 10:01:16 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mooj:
I hear you on that one! It's such an awesome weapon set to use. I'm working towards unlocking more disciplines for use on the CaS characters.

Back back B is your friend.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-30-2005 10:19:16 PM
Especially against Hyne in chapter ten, man he was a bitch.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-31-2005 01:03:29 AM
quote:
So quoth Mooj:

For Disciplines, do the Soul Arena mini games and Quick Play. You'll unlock em stupidly fast.

For the weapons, you just have to play through the various Story Lines. I've opened up weapons randomly just playing the game (Quick Play, Soul Arena, Tales of Souls), and there seems to be specific ones you have to unlock through Tales of the Sword.

I've got one Katana + Shuriken left to unlock, I'm praying that it's a Soul Edge/Calibur thing.

Also managed to unlock Talim's Soul Calibur, though I have no clue on how I did it.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 10-31-2005 03:13:56 AM
quote:
Willias enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
For Disciplines, do the Soul Arena mini games and Quick Play. You'll unlock em stupidly fast.

For the weapons, you just have to play through the various Story Lines. I've opened up weapons randomly just playing the game (Quick Play, Soul Arena, Tales of Souls), and there seems to be specific ones you have to unlock through Tales of the Sword.

I've got one Katana + Shuriken left to unlock, I'm praying that it's a Soul Edge/Calibur thing.

Also managed to unlock Talim's Soul Calibur, though I have no clue on how I did it.

You can unlock everything, including weapons, by number of battles fought. It's pretty handy.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: