EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Help me have fun with WoW. :(
Suddar
posted 10-24-2005 08:15:09 PM
I don't have anybody to play with, which is really bumming me out. I'd love to play, but these are social games and WoW doesn't really foster much socialization. Plus, I'm shy.

It's a tough life.

I know we have a few servers with a bunch of ECers but I don't know if that's exactly what I'm looking for because none of you would actually want a newbie hanging off your backs all the time, so I'd basically be a burden. I know Maradon was lonely, but I don't remember where he is and I'm too lazy to check. Anybody else want a Suddar to show the ropes?

(I played for about a week when the game came out, and a week a month later. fyi.)

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-24-2005 08:19:51 PM
Maradon's on Doomhammer and, if you ask real nice, I might be persuaded to jump on for at least a little while. I've got all kinds of potions, bags, and stuff to twink people out with and I don't really mind losing it since I don't play too much anymore. I'm on Uther, shoot me a PM or something.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2005 08:22:13 PM
If you come to Elune, I can toss you a bit of cash. I'm a bit limited there until I can go farming again, though (i twink my rogue too much)
Maradon!
posted 10-24-2005 08:36:32 PM
I'm on doomhammer, CBTao recently started on doomhammer... in fact I'm getting a bunch of people from work who are getting on doomhammer O_o

Anyway, if you play there we can cybar

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-24-2005 08:51:20 PM
I'd play doomhammer but it's PVE. If i wanted PVE with factions i'd play everquest2. No offence.
Maradon!
posted 10-24-2005 08:56:14 PM
quote:
x--Blindy.O-('-'Q) :
I'd play doomhammer but it's PVE. If i wanted PVE with factions i'd play everquest2. No offence.

WoW has no PVE or PVP servers, it has servers with and without elitest, griefing assholes.

The "red servers" are the ones with assholes roaming around killing people who are no challenge to them (aka "Ganking") and pissing and moaning endlessly when someone does the same to them. These people also spend an unusual amount of time bragging about how superior they are to everyone else because they do this.

The "blue servers" have no less actual PVP than a pvp server. The only thing they lack is the opportunity to kill someone ten levels below you or be killed by someone ten levels higher than you. In other words, they have none of the pointless griefing or the assholes that love that kind of thing that infest "red servers".

Remember the Best of the Best tournaments in EQ where they had a ladder match within the best of all the classes from every server? Remember how the representatives from the PVP servers all died like pansy bitches? This is because people on PVP servers really are not any more skilled at pvp than anyone else, and are usually much less so because all they ever do is grief people much lower than them or get griefed by people much higher than them.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-24-2005 at 08:58 PM.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 10-24-2005 09:07:53 PM
I'd consider jumping from the server I'm on if there's a collective of people who are willing to go beyond the UBRS/Scholo/Strat grinding BS.

Got nice people in the guild I'm in, but we don't have enough and we're never all on at the same time to do anything.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 10-24-2005 09:10:59 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
WoW has no PVE or PVP servers, it has servers with and without elitest, griefing assholes.

The "red servers" are the ones with assholes roaming around killing people who are no challenge to them (aka "Ganking") and pissing and moaning endlessly when someone does the same to them. These people also spend an unusual amount of time bragging about how superior they are to everyone else because they do this.

The "blue servers" have no less actual PVP than a pvp server. The only thing they lack is the opportunity to kill someone ten levels below you or be killed by someone ten levels higher than you. In other words, they have none of the pointless griefing or the assholes that love that kind of thing that infest "red servers".

Remember the Best of the Best tournaments in EQ where they had a ladder match within the best of all the classes from every server? Remember how the representatives from the PVP servers all died like pansy bitches? This is because people on PVP servers really are not any more skilled at pvp than anyone else, and are usually much less so because all they ever do is grief people much lower than them or get griefed by people much higher than them.

Good going with that blanket statement!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-24-2005 09:19:26 PM
Join the Cult of Ythrl on Maelstrom (PVP-RP). It's a goon guild. Horde. I've quit this game 3 times, but I came back to try this guild out. The goons are awesome and there's no drama thus far. I'm sure there will be, but hey. Plus it's a relatively new server.

Join us. You just have to prove that you're a goon.

edit: Don't listen to Maradon. I don't expect you to anyway, but hey!

edit #2: we like to have fun

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 10-24-2005 at 09:21 PM.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 10-24-2005 09:25:57 PM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-24-2005 09:27:29 PM
quote:
NullDevice had this to say about pies:
The instant 'goon' was applied, I tuned out.

You'd have to get sponsored anyway, and no goon would sponsor you

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 10-24-2005 09:29:22 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about (_|_):

Good to know.

Sean
posted 10-24-2005 09:31:00 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Kegwen said:

RIG, Internet Toughguy, has an image to maintain, Kegwen. He can't hang out with people he deems below him.

It's why Karnaj and I don't invite you to our Sexy Parties.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 10-24-2005 09:55:59 PM
If you want, I play Horde on Elune and I won't mind helping you out. I mostly play with a small group of friends and I think you'd be readily accepted within the group if you played with us.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 10-24-2005 10:02:55 PM
I play a little on Dark Iron. I have a level... 18? Human Warrior on there right now.

I don't have a ton of time to play at the moment, as I have two papers to write by Nov 1 and 17, but after that I have shitloads of free time before exams. For now, though, while I do have free time, I need to spend quite a bit on my papers. This doesn't leave shitloads of time for WoW.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Lashanna
noob
posted 10-24-2005 10:06:23 PM
I'd play with you, but I'm waiting for the expansion before I really go heavy on an alt.

Also, you should warn him about Elune Horde.

Elune Horde is nice, but it's also one of the smallest populations ever. In general, they're pretty nice and supportive from what I've seen (probably because of this), but the cons are that Elune has a really awkward PvP situation (You're not that much better as Horde, even if the population is in their favor BG wise), and you're basically in a PvE dead end if you ever want to do the high end content.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 10-24-2005 10:20:07 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about dark elf butts:
RIG, Internet Toughguy, has an image to maintain, Kegwen. He can't hang out with people he deems below him.

Wow, what a total load of shit.

I just have no desire to join the SA forums.

Sean
posted 10-24-2005 10:24:39 PM
Relax, we understand j00. You don't have to hide it, we're here to help.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 10-24-2005 10:26:13 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Pirotess:
Relax, we understand j00. You don't have to hide it, we're here to help.

Besides, I still hang out here with you.

Sean
posted 10-24-2005 10:28:28 PM
I told you, you don't have to be so defensive. We're all friends here.

And we're going to help you through this superiority complex, just give us some time.

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-24-2005 10:30:28 PM
Neither of you wants the other, drop it and move on.
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Maradon!
posted 10-24-2005 11:06:49 PM
quote:
Battying:
Good going with that blanket statement!

Way to go with shitty reading comprehension!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-24-2005 11:17:19 PM
I had this awesome PM, but Suddar's inbox is full. /cry
Batty
posted 10-24-2005 11:18:10 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Maradon! said this:
Way to go with shitty reading comprehension!

I fail to see how I have shitty reading comprehension, when what you said could be summed up by: "PvP servers are dumb, they're all about griefing and only griefers play there. Not to mention they suck."

To which I say, again, Way to go with blanket statements!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-24-2005 11:21:21 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I fail to see how I have shitty reading comprehension, when what you said could be summed up by: "PvP servers are dumb, they're all about griefing and only griefers play there. Not to mention they suck."

To which I say, again, Way to go with blanket statements!

No, he said that the only difference is that PvP servers enable ganking at any point, rather then when you choose, and that in general, people from PvP servers aren't better or worse at PvP then people from PvE servers.

Though, the final point is arguable because many classes depend on whole different gear to be effective in one or the other. (Re: Crit% Vs. +def sets for Warriors)

Suddar
posted 10-24-2005 11:21:22 PM
quote:
From the book of Delphi Aegis, chapter 3, verse 16:
I had this awesome PM, but Suddar's inbox is full. /cry

try again if you want

Delphi Aegis
posted 10-24-2005 11:22:09 PM
quote:
Suddar had this to say about Cuba:
try again if you want

yay for the back button, Don't have to write it again!

Batty
posted 10-24-2005 11:25:43 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis thought about the meaning of life:
No, he said that the only difference is that PvP servers enable ganking at any point, rather then when you choose, and that in general, people from PvP servers aren't better or worse at PvP then people from PvE servers.

Though, the final point is arguable because many classes depend on whole different gear to be effective in one or the other. (Re: Crit% Vs. +def sets for Warriors)

He should have phrased it way differently then. Because I can tell you, 95% of PvP servers aren't griefing assholes. And PvE servers just get griefed in different ways.

Suddar
posted 10-24-2005 11:26:47 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Delphi Aegis said:
yay for the back button, Don't have to write it again!

Here I was expecting a book, and I got maybe a paragraph. jeez.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-24-2005 11:28:32 PM
If you've reactivated your account, would you be so kind as to go to Elune and delete Baj for me, so I can have that name freed up? Ever so kind!
Delphi Aegis
posted 10-24-2005 11:29:14 PM
quote:
Batty's little brother wrote this stupid shit:
He should have phrased it way differently then. Because I can tell you, 95% of PvP servers aren't griefing assholes. And PvE servers just get griefed in different ways.

Quite true, sir.

You have no idea how many times a flagged whatever will stand on or near a mob you are killing (While unflagged yourself) hoping for you to rightclick to loot and accidentally rightclick to attack them, allowing them to gank you.

In fact, PvE servers are why you cannot enslave a demon that is tapped, MC a mob that is not tapped, and other similar changes.

We have some rather good PvP'ers on our super-carebear server (omg arr pee FTW). But some who are just retarded. An alliance guild is farming BWL.. has epics out the ass.. and we obliterate the fuck out of them every time. It's sad.

Suddar
posted 10-24-2005 11:29:24 PM
quote:
Bajah impressed everyone with:
If you've reactivated your account, would you be so kind as to go to Elune and delete Baj for me, so I can have that name freed up? Ever so kind!

I already did. I remembered you wanted it so I went ahead and freed it up for you. Sorry it took so long.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-24-2005 11:29:32 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Duck Tales:

Yeah, and that second point is bullshit. Coming from a PvE server and moving to PVP-RP, you can tell who came from PVP servers and who came from PVE servers. Of course, some PVEers pick up on it faster than others, but the difference has been readily apparent since people on this server were level 15

Also: World PVP on PVE servers is unfortunately lacking, if it ever happens at all. Battlegrounds are fun, but world PVP introduces so many more variables (which may or may not include being ganked by a 60 rogue and 4 of his friends) that just make the game much more fun for me, despite the fact that I suck at PVP.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 10-24-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 10-24-2005 11:33:24 PM
quote:
Kegwen's fortune cookie read:
Yeah, and that second point is bullshit. Coming from a PvE server and moving to PVP-RP, you can tell who came from PVP servers and who came from PVE servers. Of course, some PVEers pick up on it faster than others, but the difference has been readily apparent since people on this server were level 15

Also: World PVP on PVE servers is unfortunately lacking, if it ever happens at all. Battlegrounds are fun, but world PVP introduces so many more variables (which may or may not include being ganked by a 60 rogue and 4 of his friends) that just make the game much more fun for me, despite the fact that I suck at PVP.

I don't have leanings one way or the other, really. Some people who play WoW should be relegated to playing insanely overpowered superheroes in CoH or something equally dumbed down.

I always get all flustered when I go in for PvP.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-24-2005 11:36:52 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about (_|_):
moving to PVP-RP

Which one?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-24-2005 11:38:55 PM
quote:
Densetsu enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Which one?

Maelstrom. Horde.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-24-2005 11:40:52 PM
Awesome! I'm still alone!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2005 11:48:18 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

We have some rather good PvP'ers on our super-carebear server (omg arr pee FTW). But some who are just retarded. An alliance guild is farming BWL.. has epics out the ass.. and we obliterate the fuck out of them every time. It's sad.

Yep, they're retarded. Couldn't be that they just don't care to really practive PVPing as much as you.

Some people PvP occasionally and WON'T be as good at it, good gear or not. Doesn't make them retarded.

Batty
posted 10-24-2005 11:49:51 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Falaanla Marr wrote:
Yep, they're retarded. Couldn't be that they just don't care to really practive PVPing as much as you.

Some people PvP occasionally and WON'T be as good at it, good gear or not. Doesn't make them retarded.

yes it does ur retarded

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-24-2005 11:53:50 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
yes it does ur retarded

i thot u me k

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: