EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ITT you post something ironic about yourself.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-06-2005 08:46:32 PM
I am a secular liberal from the Northeast with two college degrees who loves NASCAR and who has a passing fondness for professional wrestling.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 10-06-2005 at 08:47 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-06-2005 08:50:06 PM
I'm a pack-a-day smoker and in my school's anti-tobacco club. I'm a duplicitous liar and the school's ASB president.

In short, I want to make a career out of politics.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-06-2005 08:54:58 PM
I'm a boy, but I have tits.
Sean
posted 10-06-2005 08:55:42 PM
I'm a big sports fan; if you name it, I'll watch it and I'll try to play it - except hockey.

I'm agoraphobic.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-06-2005 09:13:24 PM
I preach tolerance, especially for religion, but I'm secretly a bigot.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 09:16:29 PM
I scour every inch of the Games Workshop website keeping track of forthcoming boxed games, models, and other new releases.

However, I have neither the money nor the time to actually play a GW game
Plus, having been spoiled by the expertly painted models on GW's site, I would probably be dissatisfied with everything I painted and never finish more than one model myself.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 09:23:25 PM
I'm not particularly bright or experienced yet people will follow my lead in many situations. In D&D terms, average-low int, high wis, and high cha (how this happened is anyone's guess, I certainly don't understand it).
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Sean
posted 10-06-2005 09:30:15 PM
quote:
Why, Kuroi Madoushi! Where you goin' with that shotgun?
I'm not particularly experienced. . .high wis. . .

Contradiction in terms.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 09:31:48 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about John Romero:
I scour every inch of the Games Workshop website keeping track of forthcoming boxed games, models, and other new releases.

However, I have neither the money nor the time to actually play a GW game
Plus, having been spoiled by the expertly painted models on GW's site, I would probably be dissatisfied with everything I painted and never finish more than one model myself.

Mines of Moria looks, really cool, btw

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-06-2005 09:39:13 PM
I live simply for the sake of living.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 10-06-2005 09:42:23 PM
People here liked me when I just hung around playing ET. Then I actually started talking.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 10:01:23 PM
quote:
Sean impressed everyone with:
Contradiction in terms.

You could be right. Perhaps it'd be better put it in relative terms: my high points would be in wis and cha, though how high those would be is in question.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Sean
posted 10-06-2005 10:05:40 PM
No.

Not in either stat.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 10:11:38 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Captain Planet:
No.

Not in either stat.

EC doesn't know me in the same fashion that those who have met me face to face know me and, thus, the perceptions differ. Similarly, those who chat with me regularly in IRC and such-like know me differently. Conveying a complete picture of a personality via text in a thread is difficult, nigh unto impossible even. Much as I can't stand many of the folks here on the forums, I imagine I would think much differently of many of them if I met them in person. Likewise with those I chat with online.

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 10-06-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Suddar
posted 10-06-2005 10:13:15 PM
I have a 26 in Big Pimpin'.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-06-2005 10:40:06 PM
quote:
Suddar's fortune cookie read:
I have a 26 in Big Pimpin'.

More like a 32 in Noob. Owned.

Sean
posted 10-06-2005 10:42:03 PM
quote:
Mr. Kuroi Madoushi? That sounds too much like Mr. Shit.
EC doesn't know me in the same fashion that those who have met me face to face know me and, thus, the perceptions differ. Similarly, those who chat with me regularly in IRC and such-like know me differently. Conveying a complete picture of a personality via text in a thread is difficult, nigh unto impossible even. Much as I can't stand many of the folks here on the forums, I imagine I would think much differently of many of them if I met them in person. Likewise with those I chat with online.

I'm a good judge of character.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 10:44:27 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Tron:

Knowing Kuroi is retarded doesn't make you a good judge of character

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-06-2005 10:45:45 PM
I like to tell people I have a giant penis, but in reality, my penis is quite average.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 10:56:45 PM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about dark elf butts:
Knowing Kuroi is retarded doesn't make you a good judge of character

To claim you know such things about someone you know only by a few words posted in a few various threads is a bit like claiming you know who killed JFK by watching the movie of the same name. Likewise, no matter how good a judge of character you are, you have to have solid material to go on or your judgements won't be sound ones; forums do not constitute such.

Not to say I'm not a dumbass, quite the contrary; I'm only implying that you lack the appropriate knowledge to judge.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-06-2005 11:10:00 PM
I think if you act like a moron, you're a moron. It doesn't matter where you do it or if you're in a virtual world or not. On the other hand, people can act smart but are really idiots too.

It doesn't go both ways.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-06-2005 11:32:05 PM
I love science, technology and every gadget imagineable, and look forward to the day when all of those "houses of the FUTURE!!!!111!!!one" really come true, but I have a very deep spiritual side.

I'm a real dick to my guild in a very joking manner, yet I'm probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 11:38:18 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I think if you act like a moron, you're a moron. It doesn't matter where you do it or if you're in a virtual world or not. On the other hand, people can act smart but are really idiots too.

It doesn't go both ways.

quote:
Not to say I'm not a dumbass, quite the contrary

They do say, however, that knowing what you don't know is true knowledge. Certainly being familiar with your strengths and weakness is wise. Your analogy is incorrect, though. Smart people do stupid things and stupid people do smart things. Sometimes they're consistent in these behaviors and sometimes not. What you say is the same sort of sweeping generalization that so many have ridiculed me for you using, think on that for a while.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 10-06-2005 11:42:14 PM
I love my job but I hate Pizza.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 10-06-2005 11:45:15 PM
I'm dating a guy.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 11:45:50 PM

I was almost a Jill...wait, no...

I listen to heavy/black/death metal and J Pop.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
LeMiere
posted 10-06-2005 11:47:39 PM
quote:
Aury thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I'm dating a guy.

I'm dating a girl.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-06-2005 11:59:28 PM
I cosplay.... oh wait thats just sad, not ironic.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 10-07-2005 12:01:17 AM
When I graduated, I was one of the most popular people in my class.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 10-07-2005 12:08:11 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Sean said:

This is the one actual "ironic" thing someone has stated in this thread.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 10-07-2005 01:05:52 AM
At any given moment, I am filled with utter, total loathing for much of what exists around me. But it doesn't really affect my actions at all; I'm a pretty nice person, I just hate absolutely everything.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-07-2005 01:16:46 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Delphi Aegis said:
I'm a real dick to my guild in a very joking manner, yet I'm probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

People who say crap like this are always assholes in any medium.

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 01:59:02 AM
I hate people but I like their food.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 10-07-2005 03:14:25 AM
I'm not actually gay.
LeMiere
posted 10-07-2005 03:39:58 AM
quote:
Batty obviously shouldn't have said:
I'm not actually gay.

Irony thief!

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 10-07-2005 03:48:33 AM
quote:
LeMiere probably says this to all the girls:
Irony thief!

I'll irony you...

Mod
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 03:59:08 AM
I constantly argue about Rogues being overpowered in WoW yet I haven't logged onto my Rogue in weeks since he's stuck on a server I have no one to play with on. When I do play it's mostly my priest.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-07-2005 01:49:47 PM
I have a degree in graphic design, but I never use it or admit it when someone says they need a website done or corp. identity packages done...

I proclaim to be a tech head, which I am, but secretly I'm an arts and crafts freak.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 10-07-2005 01:57:35 PM
I'm incredibly disorganized, yet still succeed.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 10-07-2005 02:23:31 PM
I don't own any swords.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: