EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: What is your quest?
Author
Topic: OMG LUV!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 10:52:04 PM
Just got my iPod Nano today, the black one. I must say, this is the sexiest non-insertable piece of machinery I've ever owned. The pictures on the Apple web site make it seem much larger than in reality, too; the damned thing is tiny.

Now I can have music on those long runs without dragging along the "huge" 20GB iPod. I hate running, but it's the best way to get in shape quickly--and the half-marathon in 4 weeks is just the motivation to make sure I don't slack off.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 10-04-2005 at 11:00 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-04-2005 10:54:13 PM
There's been lots of shit thrown up about the screen cracking way too easily.

So don't put any pressure on the screen.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-04-2005 10:57:37 PM
Just got a 20 gig iPod today. Much as I love the 4gb Nano, I can't justify spending $249 on one when 50 bucks more will get me 5 times the storage. Still, nice little thing for running and such. I'll probably fast-talk my friend out of his when he gets tired of it.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 11:00:11 PM
quote:
Quoth Mortious:
There's been lots of shit thrown up about the screen cracking way too easily.

So don't put any pressure on the screen.

I've heard that, so I'm going to buy a nice case for it soon. That, and not put it in my pocket with my keys.

Suddar
posted 10-04-2005 11:07:10 PM
Hey, you could play DDR!

~Luv Mix~

(Just fulfilling my civic duty, sorry.)

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-04-2005 11:07:31 PM
quote:
How.... Kuroi Madoushi.... uughhhhhh:
Just got a 20 gig iPod today. Much as I love the 4gb Nano, I can't justify spending $249 on one when 50 bucks more will get me 5 times the storage. Still, nice little thing for running and such. I'll probably fast-talk my friend out of his when he gets tired of it.

Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of this reason for people saying the Nano isn't worth it.

The Nano IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU. The mini was highly popular for a reason -- most people don't have a use for 20 gb of space on a music player. Hell, I've recorded every single CD I've ever purchased and, along with about 100 songs purchased from iTunes, I fill up 15 gigs of music. Total. The nano is targeted at people who don't need to go around bragging about the size of their music player, people who don't have much music and those who work out (no moving parts is good).

I can fit nearly 1/3rd of my collection on the Nano. That is more than enough space for portable music. I can fit most everything I currently enjoy listening to (I go through phases) on the nano and switch things out when the mood suits me.

I had a 40 GB iPod for awhile. I sold it. While I had the capability to listen to every single song in my collection at any given time, I never did. And, I'd be willing to bet, you never will either.

Now, this isn't to say the 20 GB iPod isn't nice -- you also have the ability to back up all your music on it and never have to replace music. But, for most purposes, the nano is more than enough.

Suddar
posted 10-04-2005 11:09:31 PM
The only thing more annoying than "HD so small so spensive!" is the geek rage that it provokes.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 11:15:36 PM
I have about 10GB of music or maybe a bit more in my total collection; about 2GB--maybe--are songs I like enough to carry around with me everyday. My current Uber Playlist on my iPod is only about 450MB.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 11:16:31 PM
quote:
Quoth Suddar:
Hey, you could play DDR!

~Luv Mix~

(Just fulfilling my civic duty, sorry.)

I actually have DDR for my X-Box, biotch. I need to buy a hard pad for it, though, and figure out a way not to get between the projector and the screen.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-04-2005 11:19:23 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Falaanla Marr wrote:

Fucking hell, I'm getting sick of this reason for people saying the Nano isn't worth it.

The Nano IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU. The mini was highly popular for a reason -- most people don't have a use for 20 gb of space on a music player. Hell, I've recorded every single CD I've ever purchased and, along with about 100 songs purchased from iTunes, I fill up 15 gigs of music. Total. The nano is targeted at people who don't need to go around bragging about the size of their music player, people who don't have much music and those who work out (no moving parts is good).

I can fit nearly 1/3rd of my collection on the Nano. That is more than enough space for portable music. I can fit most everything I currently enjoy listening to (I go through phases) on the nano and switch things out when the mood suits me.

I had a 40 GB iPod for awhile. I sold it. While I had the capability to listen to every single song in my collection at any given time, I never did. And, I'd be willing to bet, you never will either.

Now, this isn't to say the 20 GB iPod isn't nice -- you also have the ability to back up all your music on it and never have to replace music. But, for most purposes, the nano is more than enough.

For my money, the 20gb is far more cost effective. I have very limited storage space on my laptop so it makes for a handy storage device along with being a rather nice mp3 player. I've no need to brag about the size of the hard drive (who gives a flying fuck anyhow?), I can just make more use of 20 gigs than I can of 4. I'm not knocking the Nano, just saying that its cost is more than I can justify when I can use the extra storage.

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 10-04-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-04-2005 11:21:34 PM
The 20Gig and the Nano are marketed at 2 different markets. The Nano is a flash player, and the vanilla iPod used a Hard Drive. Two different things. If it being more shock resistant isn't important to you then you won't care about the Nano, which apparently you don't, so shut the hell up.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-04-2005 11:21:46 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:
I actually have DDR for my X-Box, biotch. I need to buy a hard pad for it, though, and figure out a way not to get between the projector and the screen.

Lt. Col Bloodsage: Soldier, scholar, DDR player.

/boggle

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 10-04-2005 11:22:54 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Captain Planet:

I can think of several occasions to have an iPod with the full database: week-long vacations, long road trips, for having a portable jukebox at home that works in the media room, the computer room and the bedroom

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 11:24:21 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Vernaltemptress squealed:
the bedroom

Everyone's gotta have the "Boogie Nights" playlist!

And ggrqg!

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 10-04-2005 at 11:24 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-04-2005 11:24:22 PM
quote:
Naimah obviously shouldn't have said:
The 20Gig and the Nano are marketed at 2 different markets. The Nano is a flash player, and the vanilla iPod used a Hard Drive. Two different things. If it being more shock resistant isn't important to you then you won't care about the Nano, which apparently you don't, so shut the hell up.

Actually, shock resistance would be handy (music while running would be nice, might add motivation to actually get up and run) but not as handy as 16 additional gigs of space. Chill the fuck out.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-04-2005 11:24:38 PM
quote:
Vernaltemptress enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I can think of several occasions to have an iPod with the full database: week-long vacations, long road trips, for having a portable jukebox at home that works in the media room, the computer room and the bedroom

And I would never deny those reasons -- they're good ones.

It's the "lol nano sux because 20gb is 5x the storage for 50 dollars more" that annoys me. Thankfully, it wasn't the far worse "Lol ur stupid for buying a nano because the iPods are more efficient."

But yeah. Sage -- enjoy your nano. They're quite the piece of technology. I love mine

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 10-04-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 10-04-2005 11:27:19 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about (_|_):

/boggle

Don't forget he's married to GadgetGirl

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-04-2005 11:27:31 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kuroi Madoushi was all like:
Actually, shock resistance would be handy (music while running would be nice, might add motivation to actually get up and run) but not as handy as 16 additional gigs of space. Chill the fuck out.

Flame thread dickhead. I don't have to 'chill the fuck out'. You're saying this is better because of a feature, that isn't important. You're annoying, repulsive, and I'm sorry I ever raped your mother.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-04-2005 11:45:42 PM
quote:
Naimah said this about your mom:
Flame thread dickhead. I don't have to 'chill the fuck out'. You're saying this is better because of a feature, that isn't important. You're annoying, repulsive, and I'm sorry I ever raped your mother.

I'm not saying -anything- is superior or inferior! I was simply stating that, nice as one was (and, indeed, desireable for my purposes), the other had greater utilitarian value to me at this time. There's nothing in my above posts that says "nano sux lolol" or "ipod > nano lol." Beyond that, there's nothing in the rules that says you have to be a fucktard in flame threads.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-04-2005 11:57:35 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Sentow, Maybe gently hums:

/boggle

I'm a Renaissance man!

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-05-2005 12:10:21 AM
Kuroi would make an excellent specimen for dissection.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-05-2005 01:58:09 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress impressed everyone with:
Don't forget he's married to GadgetGirl

So... what are your superpowers, and which villains have you defeated in the past?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Derek
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 02:51:51 AM
I didn't have much interest in the Nano until I played around with the one my sister bought. Now I want one.

I don't really listen to music much but damn they're sexy.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-05-2005 02:53:49 AM
quote:
Tarquinn impressed everyone with:
So... what are your superpowers, and which villains have you defeated in the past?

I saw her punch a hobo in the mouth once. That was kinda cool.

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-05-2005 03:10:55 AM
I don't believe it.

You guys managed to start a flame war in a thread where someone is saying how they enjoy their new toy. Well, actually I do believe it...

I wouldn't mind an iPod, though I don't think my CD collection would even fill half of a nano.

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 10-05-2005 03:11:27 AM
The desire for a portable music player has been rather desirable to me lately. I might have to get me a Nano when I have the money to burn.

PS. #7

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

Blackened
posted 10-05-2005 04:55:25 AM
Reading this thread, Fal and Naimah come off as huge iPod Nano-defending assholes.

Even though I recognize Kuroi is an idiot most of the time, he really didn't say anything to provoke people here. It's amusing seeing these knee-jerk reactions. Especially Naimah (who is also prone to being a gigantic faggot) with his "shut the hell up", haha.

Anyway, my cousin bought an iPod Nano like, the second day it was out on the market. I got to play around with it and yeah, it's very very sexy. I was actually thinking about getting one to go along with my 2nd Gen regular iPod.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-05-2005 07:23:41 AM
listen you faggots my music player KICKS YOUR MUSIC PLAYER'S ASS

...If I had seen this thread in time I probably would've made a similar post.

nem-x
posted 10-05-2005 07:43:29 AM
iPod? More like iSuck!

...wait

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-05-2005 09:44:00 AM
Nem-X wins the internet!

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-05-2005 09:53:22 AM
quote:
Blackened spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Reading this thread, Fal and Naimah come off as huge iPod Nano-defending assholes.

Even though I recognize Kuroi is an idiot most of the time, he really didn't say anything to provoke people here. It's amusing seeing these knee-jerk reactions. Especially Naimah (who is also prone to being a gigantic faggot) with his "shut the hell up", haha.

Anyway, my cousin bought an iPod Nano like, the second day it was out on the market. I got to play around with it and yeah, it's very very sexy. I was actually thinking about getting one to go along with my 2nd Gen regular iPod.

Actually, I refuse to buy a Nano because of the scratching problem.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-05-2005 10:17:36 AM
quote:
nem-x obviously shouldn't have said:
iPod? More like iSuck!

...wait

I love you, nem.

I want an iPod super bad... I'm sort of in between though... I'd fill up the Nano like it was nothing, but I don't know if I can come up with 20GB worth of songs for a regular one... But then again I've only got about 1/4 of my CD collection ripped to my computer, and I *think* it's about 2GB (I'm at school right now so I can't check).

Plus I'm a broke college student, soooo...

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 12:26:52 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Blackened!

...Naimah's a dude?

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Sean
posted 10-05-2005 12:28:41 PM
I'm getting my sister an iPod for her birthday. I'm not sure which model I'll go with.

You're all a bunch of faggots btw.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 12:37:17 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Monica said:
I love you, nem.

I want an iPod super bad... I'm sort of in between though... I'd fill up the Nano like it was nothing, but I don't know if I can come up with 20GB worth of songs for a regular one... But then again I've only got about 1/4 of my CD collection ripped to my computer, and I *think* it's about 2GB (I'm at school right now so I can't check).

Plus I'm a broke college student, soooo...

If you have the cash and the school lets you jack in USB devices, get the 20gb. Store music as well as move files around from home to class.

If you don't have the cash or if the school doesn't let you use USB devices on their computers, go for the Nano. Saves money (which you will use to get a good case for it, right?), space and honestly.. how often are you going to be away from the PC that you could listen to a whole 4gb of music, let alone 20?

That's how you make the choice.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-05-2005 12:38:03 PM
I love you too blackened.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 10-05-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Alaan
posted 10-05-2005 12:58:20 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
If you have the cash and the school lets you jack in USB devices, get the 20gb. Store music as well as move files around from home to class.

If you don't have the cash or if the school doesn't let you use USB devices on their computers, go for the Nano. Saves money (which you will use to get a good case for it, right?), space and honestly.. how often are you going to be away from the PC that you could listen to a whole 4gb of music, let alone 20?

That's how you make the choice.

And by USB you mean Firewire.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 01:01:40 PM
quote:
Alaan wrote this stupid crap:
And by USB you mean Firewire.

Except they do make USB cables for connecting the iPod to computers.

You just can't recharge them on USB.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-05-2005 02:11:10 PM
quote:
Don't feed the Random Insanity Generator:
Except they do make USB cables for connecting the iPod to computers.

You just can't recharge them on USB.

Yes you can.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 02:29:21 PM
I guess they are about to come out with an video Ipod that's slimmer than the 60gig picture Ipod(but still has 60 gigs.) It's also supposed to have a bigger screen and a click wheel like the nano's.

I'm thinking about that one. Oct 12 is the predicted release date.

Congrats on the nano. Pictures?

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: