EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: What is your quest?
Author
Topic: OMG LUV!
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:35:04 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Blindy. said:
Yes you can.

Then this is something new because the USB docks and connection cables have been unable to charge them from USB only. The dock had a power connector you plugged into the wall in order to recharge the pod

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-05-2005 02:36:49 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator + Random Insanity Generator = 2Random Insanity Generator:
Then this is something new because the USB docks and connection cables have been unable to charge them from USB only. The dock had a power connector you plugged into the wall in order to recharge the pod

Indeed,it started with the 4th gens and minis.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-05-2005 03:40:24 PM
The Nano connects and charges via USB. I need to look into a firewire connector for it.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-05-2005 04:07:22 PM
I can't wait till Apple comes out with an even smaller music player you can stick up your ass, they would call it the Irectum. And you Mac users would be used to taking it up the ass.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-05-2005 04:12:43 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Anakha gently hums:
I can't wait till Apple comes out with an even smaller music player you can stick up your ass, they would call it the Irectum. And you Mac users would be used to taking it up the ass.

Wow, thanks for that priceless gem of truly ageless wisdom. I haven't used a Mac since I once borrowed by college roomate's in 1986, but I still felt the passing burn of superheated vitriol as your astounding intellect launched that devastating strike at your hated foe. Truly, from the depths of thy parent's basement, thou hast struck a mighty blow for nonconformity.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-05-2005 04:18:39 PM
Actually, that particular blow was struck from the computer in the College library, just killing time till i start my workout.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 10-05-2005 04:49:52 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
. Truly, from the depths of thy parent's basement, thou hast struck a mighty blow for nonconformity.

lol

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-05-2005 05:28:49 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Bloodsage was all like:
I'm a Renaissance man!

But are you the very model of a modern Major General?

Gilbert and Sullivan reference off the port bow!

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-05-2005 05:30:08 PM
quote:
Anakha got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

Actually, that'd be the iRectum.

And no, I'm not used to taking it up the ass as a Mac user (I'm split -- Windows Desktop/Powerbook laptop). As a matter of fact, I'm quite pleased by the service. Ran into some snags at first but, after a bit of time, Apple made it right AND compensated me well for the lost time with the laptop.

So it looks like the only person with something shoved up their ass is you -- remove that pole before you post again, please.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-05-2005 05:39:17 PM
what
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-05-2005 06:05:21 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Robocop:
Truly, from the depths of thy parent's basement, thou hast struck a mighty blow for nonconformity.

QFT.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 08:35:09 PM
Interestingly, Apple seels the iPod (in all shapes and sizes) in Australia, but we have no access to iTunes to actually put music on the things...

What idiocy is this??

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-05-2005 08:36:12 PM
quote:
Cavalier- painfully thought these words up:
What idiocy is this??

Either Apple or Australia.

Or both.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 08:37:35 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
But are you the very model of a modern Major General?

Gilbert and Sullivan reference off the port bow!

He's got it on his list...

Two can play at that game, oh-ho!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-05-2005 08:38:28 PM
quote:
Cavalier-'s fortune cookie read:
Interestingly, Apple seels the iPod (in all shapes and sizes) in Australia, but we have no access to iTunes to actually put music on the things...

What idiocy is this??

Probably some pain in the ass law on your end that makes it hard for them to sell you stuff.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 08:40:05 PM
quote:
Snoota said this about your mom:
Either Apple or Australia.

Or both.

I blame the government, due to their massive hatred of all things technology related...

.. and Apple, for they sucketh muchly.

And I blame Bill Gates too.... because I just hate that fucker.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-05-2005 08:41:41 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop's fortune cookie read:
Probably some pain in the ass law on your end that makes it hard for them to sell you stuff.

No, actually its a decision made by Apple not to make iTunes available to Australia.

The government wouldnt know what an iPod was, even if you shoved one up their collective asses.. (oh ho!! iRectums for all!!)

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 10-05-2005 09:01:08 PM
Blame the record companies
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 10-05-2005 09:27:05 PM
Yeah I mean, wouldn't you be pissed too if you had only made 350 million dollars with absolutely no overhead.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-05-2005 09:39:36 PM
quote:
Cavalier-'s fortune cookie read:

What idiocy is this??

You don't have to use iTunes...

Many programs out there let you put music on there without it. It can be any old MP3 that goes on there.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 07:51:24 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Robocop:
You don't have to use iTunes...

Many programs out there let you put music on there without it. It can be any old MP3 that goes on there.

Well this is news to me... an, I have no doubt, to the multiple salesmen (including 2 reps at an Apple store!! ) I've spoken to about an iPod who all insist that iTunes is "the only way" to load music onto an iPod.

(Interestingly, when they said this, I always countered with "but iTunes doesnt let you access the service from outside of the US, so how do I use it?", I was always met with blank stares and responses like "Uumm.. I dunno then..")

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-06-2005 07:54:50 PM
quote:
Cavalier- painfully thought these words up:
Well this is news to me... an, I have no doubt, to the multiple salesmen (including 2 reps at an Apple store!! ) I've spoken to about an iPod who all insist that iTunes is "the only way" to load music onto an iPod.

(Interestingly, when they said this, I always countered with "but iTunes doesnt let you access the service from outside of the US, so how do I use it?", I was always met with blank stares and responses like "Uumm.. I dunno then..")

So Aussies can't download iTunes at all or y'all just can't use the music store? If it's latter, what's the problem? Paying to download music is silly. If it's the former, have someone from the US send it to you via IRC or a messenger.

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 10-06-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-06-2005 07:56:51 PM
quote:
Cavalier- had this to say about the Spice Girls:

I'm sure their management tells them not to mention them. They're not supported by Apple, after all.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-06-2005 08:01:44 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi had this to say about John Romero:
So Aussies can't download iTunes at all or y'all just can't use the music store? If it's latter, what's the problem? Paying to download music is silly. If it's the former, have someone from the US send it to you via IRC or a messenger.

Cant download anything from iTunes (the Aussie site which was due for launch on Oct according to Vernal's post, is still "unavailable when i checked this morning... Oct 7 local time).

Personally, it doesnt really faze me one way or another. When I'm out, I'm (90% of the time) in the car, and thus have the radio. Otherwise, I have close to 100Gb of music on the 'puter HD (oh, the life of the radio DJ) to choose from. I can live without an iPod (and given the price they want to charge for one, it's cheaper to get an MP3 player by another manufacturer (Creative for example) than to "go with the flow" of iPods).

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 10-08-2005 09:58:02 AM
Samsung recently released that they are going to be able to Triple
the holding capacity of Ipods without a change to their size. The next gen
Nanos will be able to hold 15G at a minimum! You will have the option
to get one with Bluetooth or More storage . Fricken sweet.
"He who pays the piper calls the tune."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-08-2005 11:45:50 AM
I don't know how it comes packaged in Kangaroo-land, but my iPod Shuffle came with a disc that had iTunes loaded on it, and I've yet to download a single song from the iTunes music store.

So if you are still able to install iTunes, then you can put music on your iPod...you don't have to have downloaded the music through iTunes.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: