EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Who Are You?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-20-2005 02:04:59 AM
Hey guys! The WoW site I write for just put up my new article, in which I discuss the various types of PvPers out there!

Give it a read!

Who are you?

Sean
posted 09-20-2005 02:13:24 AM
I fall between Predator and Griefer.

I can't resist a 47, but I'll only occasionally snipe a teens level. Usually only if I can catch them a little injured and drop with a single bow shot. It makes me feel like I'm a class more viable in large scale PVP,

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-20-2005 02:31:23 AM
See, Powergamers walk like this while Griefers walk like this...

JooJooFlop fucked around with this message on 09-20-2005 at 02:32 AM.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 09-20-2005 02:54:16 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I fall between Predator and Griefer.

I can't resist a 47, but I'll only occasionally snipe a teens level. Usually only if I can catch them a little injured and drop with a single bow shot. It makes me feel like I'm a class more viable in large scale PVP,

I'm pretty much the same, leaning a bit more towards griefer side. I'm kinda to the point where if it's an enemy, it's dead, unless I feel like being nice. Sure, it's mean and horrible to do to lower levels, but hell, it's a PvP server I'm on. If they didn't want to get ganked, they'd have played on a PvE.

nem-x
posted 09-20-2005 02:55:33 AM
Addy
posted 09-20-2005 03:02:05 AM
I'm between a Griefer and a Powergamer, strangely enough. Moreso leaning toward Powergamer, except I don't spend 12+ hours pvping. I can't stand too much pvp. -_- But I'm very elitist. THEN AGAIN! I love singling out people during matches and killing them over and over again. If it's a hunter, I make sure to kill their pet too. ^_^
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-20-2005 03:13:35 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Addy was all like:
If it's a hunter, I make sure to kill their pet too. ^_^

We don't care, spirit revive gives pets 3000 happiness anyways.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Addy
posted 09-20-2005 03:26:18 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived JooJooFlop stammered:
We don't care, spirit revive gives pets 3000 happiness anyways.

It's more of a "ha ha, I can kill your pet then you!" thing.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-20-2005 08:26:24 AM
I'm turning into a powergamer. My video gaming is now pretty much wow, sadly, and it's a lot. ;p (That's a good thing, I guess, since I enjoy it).

Once I develop more of a social life (in a new city), we'll just see what I turn into, haha.

I actually just pvp for the sake of it; honor is just a nice bonus to me (since I can get better gear in the time it would talk to get the pvp gear, rank 12-14 maybe not withstanding)

Oh, I guess I have some griefer in me. I kill greenies, and I pretty much kill any shaman/undead that runs in front of me (only greens and grey shamen, I can't kill yellow shamans, cure poison ftl > )

If I see an undead rogue, I corpsecamp him. Because I know he'll corpsecamp me at some point.

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 09-20-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 08:40:57 AM
Casual Gamer: 50%, Griefer: 30% Berserker: 20%

Playing only 3-4 hours a day (spread over about 15 toons), but always on the lookout to kill lower level Horde when I find them.. and in PvP, the guy who is so busy charging the Priest sitting down and regaining mana that I didnt see the 2 Mages, Shaman, and Warrior next to him...

But, although I am realistically mostly a Casual Gamer, I am the 2nd highest level Rogue in my guild now and, since I'm online more than the highest guy, I get asked to go to raids which are realistically a little too high for me... which sucks because I tend to die quickly compared to everyone else, but is good because I'm learning more about how to play my Rogue in the high-end instances (and Battlegrounds) than I would normally learn (at least IMHO).

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 09-20-2005 11:23:53 AM
When did 3-4 hours per day become "casual gaming"?
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 11:33:29 AM
I'm definately a berserker.
Blackened
posted 09-20-2005 11:33:56 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit.
It didn't. 10 hours a week is casual. 15+ isn't!

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Sean
posted 09-20-2005 01:24:10 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Blackened was all like:
It didn't. 10 hours a week is casual. 15+ isn't!

..What if it's fifteen a day?

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-20-2005 01:38:12 PM
Somewhere between berserker and casual.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-20-2005 03:18:30 PM
Well, I suppose if you measure your wang based upon how many hours a day you spend on a videogame, it's spot-on.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Led
*kaboom*
posted 09-20-2005 05:18:43 PM
I call berserker with a side of casual gamer :3
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-20-2005 05:41:58 PM
quote:
From the book of Bloodsage, chapter 3, verse 16:
Well, I suppose if you measure your wang based upon how many hours a day you spend on a videogame, it's spot-on.

Sadly, too much of your epeen size in a MMO is based on how many hours you can spend farming rather than how much skill you have.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-20-2005 05:43:08 PM
quote:
Led wrote this stupid crap:
I call berserker with a side of casual gamer :3

"It move! I SMASH!!"

Are you sure you're not part Orc?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 05:45:47 PM
Pretty much beserker.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 06:13:13 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit's account was hax0red to write:

Let's see... I spend 3-4 hours a day playing WoW... and my highest level char is 42 (reached yesterday, with about 10 days /played total) with 2nd highest being 22 (with about 7 days /played)... and the rest (another 13 toons) between 6 and 15...

Tell me again, how that's "hardcore", and not casual?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-20-2005 06:16:49 PM
Cav: Just because you aren't casual doesn't mean you are hardcore
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 06:20:41 PM
That seemed to be Inferno and Black's arguement though.. that the time I spend is "more than a casual gamer" would spend.

I consider myself a casual gamer, in the sense that many of my guildmates on Blackrock, with equivalent time played (or less) are at least level 55 or beyond... not putzing about still trying to make enough gold to afford their first mount.

Sean
posted 09-20-2005 06:25:57 PM
Pickpocket instance runs.

Gnomeregan would be your best bet at 42.

Talonus
Loner
posted 09-20-2005 06:31:41 PM
quote:
Sean impressed everyone with:

Be quicker and easier to just buy from IGE at the current going rate of gold.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 09-20-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 06:56:50 PM
quote:
This one time, at Sean camp:

Actually myself and one of our Hunters (level 45) ran SM Graveyard and Library for a couple hours yesterday and I picked up about 20g when all was said and done. I'm only about 10g short now.

I just want to know why it (appears at least) that Night Elves can buy their tiger mounts, Dwarves with the rams, and Gnomes with their Mechastriders all for 40g (that's the price that shows when I click on the various vendors), and yet Humans have to pay 72g for a horse.

At least I already have the riding skill.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 08:01:21 PM
At about what level in WoW can you start to engage in PvP? And not the Stupid Retardo kind like the ?? Paly that went around killing the Southsea Freebooters I was hunting Because I wouldn't fight him.
Sean
posted 09-20-2005 08:07:00 PM
25 is about bare minimum to be useful in a battleground.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 08:24:07 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Optimus Prime:

I can get better prices from here or even here.

IGE is a massive rip-off for currency in *ANY* MMOG. A quick search will find at least a half-dozen sites that are cheaper.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-20-2005 08:53:14 PM
They're taking the hobbits to isengard.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-20-2005 08:59:53 PM
quote:
Cavalier- was naked while typing this:
I can get better prices from here or even here.

IGE is a massive rip-off for currency in *ANY* MMOG. A quick search will find at least a half-dozen sites that are cheaper.

IGE is safer!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-20-2005 10:06:34 PM
About 65%-70% Berserker here. Though I haven't yet done any PvP on Durotar, I do the same stuff as was described for the Berserker while tanking in PvE. I really need to stop that

Not certain yet what the other ~30% is.

Oh, and: They're taking

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-20-2005 10:17:13 PM
quote:
Sean's account was hax0red to write:
25 is about bare minimum to be useful in a battleground.

Are these Battlegrounds anything like the Ones in DaOC, were there was a level min and cap to each one?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-20-2005 10:32:27 PM
the hobbits to
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-20-2005 10:34:34 PM
isengard
Tier
posted 09-20-2005 11:32:43 PM
tell me where gandalf is
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 09-21-2005 01:05:46 AM
quote:
Peter had this to say about (_|_):
Are these Battlegrounds anything like the Ones in DaOC, were there was a level min and cap to each one?

Yes, they are broken up into ranges of 10 levels at a time, with one final one for just 60s (Used to be 51-60 as the final range but having 51s on your team against levels 60s used to be, well, crippling, so they shuffled it around to give the 60s their own range, heh)

30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 etc.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 09-21-2005 02:20:45 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Vorago wrote:
Yes, they are broken up into ranges of 10 levels at a time, with one final one for just 60s (Used to be 51-60 as the final range but having 51s on your team against levels 60s used to be, well, crippling, so they shuffled it around to give the 60s their own range, heh)

30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 etc.

Plus that final level was a massive upsurge in power compared to everything else in the instance. Being 37 and going against a mounted team with plate warriors and mailed hunters was murder.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 09-21-2005 03:04:17 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Talonus said:
IGE is safer!

It's also retarded As with all MMOGstuff-purchasing websites.

Willias
Pancake
posted 09-21-2005 03:08:46 AM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Captain Planet:

Interesting note, there is no gold for sale Horde side on Dark Iron. No gold farmers over there I guess.

Though the amount of farmers we have Alliance side is fucking rediculous. -_-

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: