EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: For your benefit I am testing piracetam
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-14-2005 02:53:49 AM
After reading a very long thread in SA's very own TCC forums on it, I decided to find out if I, too, will be gay for Piracetam. I will provide a trip report in classical form once it arrives. It should be here in less than 24 hours.

quote:
Estimated delivery
Sep 14, 2005

Sep 13, 2005 4:48 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

CHAMPAIGN, IL

Pretty close, anyway!

Piracetam is a crazy brain-boosting chemical that supposedly won't cause me to get brain cancer on it. Information on it is fairly scarce but good ol' wiki never let me down. Piracetam isn't FDA-approved but I hear it's a big thing in Europe; would any European goons ECers like to comment on it?

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 09-14-2005 02:57:07 AM
I've been considering Piracetam for awhile now myself, but alas, I'm lazy.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 09-14-2005 03:02:57 AM
I'm intrigued, and hadn't heard of it before. How much did it cost to buy your shipment, and how long will it last you? Do you take them once a day and over time they affect you constantly? Or do you take them only when you want the effect for a few hours? Let us know if they work and side effects, I'd be interested in trying something like that if they don't melt your brain.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-14-2005 03:11:06 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I'm intrigued, and hadn't heard of it before. How much did it cost to buy your shipment, and how long will it last you? Do you take them once a day and over time they affect you constantly? Or do you take them only when you want the effect for a few hours? Let us know if they work and side effects, I'd be interested in trying something like that if they don't melt your brain.

$20+$5 shipping from bulknutrition. 700g, should last over a year. It's a powder form. Taken once or twice a day, effect peaks about 2-3 hours after the dosage and then goes to baseline for a while, from what I understand. The way I understand it, as long as you take it once or twice every day, you get the effect from it. Additionally, taking it like this for longer than a few weeks or so will begin to increase effects from it.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 09-14-2005 03:12:47 AM
Let us know when your testicles fall off.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-14-2005 03:15:32 AM
Never heard of it, bit I think Piraceteam would be a great name for a pirate themed racing game!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Snugglits
posted 09-14-2005 03:18:05 AM
quote:
Alidane had this to say about Pirotess:
Let us know when your testicles fall off.

I probably wasn't going to need them anyway.

Snugglits
posted 09-14-2005 11:54:59 AM
T+0:00 : ~1 teaspoon = 3640mg administered orally.

Ewwwww, that's nasty. I'm going to have to find something to cover the awful taste. This is one of the worst tasting things I have ever tasted!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-14-2005 07:52:13 PM
quote:
Snugglits had this to say about Tron:
T+0:00 : ~1 teaspoon = 3640mg administered orally.

Ewwwww, that's nasty. I'm going to have to find something to cover the awful taste. This is one of the worst tasting things I have ever tasted!

You could try putting it in a drink. It might chemically react with what you try to dissolve it in, though.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 09-14-2005 08:03:51 PM
quote:
Ruvyen attempted to be funny by writing:
You could try putting it in a drink. It might chemically react with what you try to dissolve it in, though.

It won't react with anything he'd be dissolving it in.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-14-2005 08:21:32 PM
quote:
Quoth Ruvyen:

Or you could just have a cup of coffee (proven to help one think more quickly and clearly) and practice using your brain/making decisions correctly/saving the world/whatever your goal is.

IMNSHO, intentionally fucking with how your brain works is stupid unless under the care of a certified neurologist.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 09-14-2005 08:23:52 PM
Could try the capsule route. They mention it on the bulknutrition website. http://forums.bulknutrition.com/?showtopic=6463
Snugglits
posted 09-14-2005 08:39:36 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said this about your mom:
Or you could just have a cup of coffee (proven to help one think more quickly and clearly) and practice using your brain/making decisions correctly/saving the world/whatever your goal is.

IMNSHO, intentionally fucking with how your brain works is stupid unless under the care of a certified neurologist.

Caffeine and piracetam are fairly dissimilar, and I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance. I don't like what caffeine does in large doses(especially to the GI) anyway.

Caffeine is more of a "drug" imo. And wouldn't you be fucking with how your brain works under caffeine anyway?

Snugglits
posted 09-14-2005 08:45:08 PM
The taste is fine; I've got chocolate milk now.

T + 1:30 : The 'peak' of piracetam. It's fairly subdued but it seems a bit easier to think and visual perception seems a bit better (namely, depth perception).

T + 3:00 : Effects drop off. Hard to tell if it's still with me.

T + 6:00 : Definitely all effects are gone.

I slept 4 hours yesterday afternoon and then another 2 last night so I'm just really tired. But I don't feel quite as dumb as I normally do when I'm sleepy.

I also bought some lecithin at GNC. The important part of it is the choline. You have to keep replacing choline when using piracetam or your brain will "run out" and you'll lose the effects entirely.

I hear it takes about 4 days of repeated use to really get benefits so we'll see how things progress over time as I continue to take piracetam and lecithin. Supposedly, the longer you are on it, the better the effects become.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 09-14-2005 09:34:31 PM
Isn't piracetam supposed to be a placebo?
Snugglits
posted 09-14-2005 09:39:42 PM
quote:
Noxhil2 had this to say about Pirotess:
Isn't piracetam supposed to be a placebo?

There's about 400 goons who would say otherwise. And the history of it suggests that it was actually developed with a purpose.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-14-2005 09:48:35 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Snugglits gently hums:
Caffeine and piracetam are fairly dissimilar, and I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance. I don't like what caffeine does in large doses(especially to the GI) anyway.

Caffeine is more of a "drug" imo. And wouldn't you be fucking with how your brain works under caffeine anyway?

I think you've got your definitions bass-ackwards if you consider caffeine a drug and piracetam not. Caffeine, in small doses (think one or two cups of coffee) is actually quite harmless and beneficial to one's mental acuity, according to bazillions of studies. This thing you're taking has been developed--but not medically certified to be effective--to fuck with your brain chemistry. It's the very definition of a "drug."

And if you knew anything at all about the supplement market, you'd steer way clear of it.

Hey, but good luck with it.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-14-2005 09:49:52 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Snugglits squealed:
There's about 400 goons who would say otherwise. And the history of it suggests that it was actually developed with a purpose.

Anything that relies on testimonials rather than clinical trials to prove its efficacy should sound alarms in your brain.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-14-2005 09:51:54 PM
quote:
Bloodsage screamed this from the crapper:
Anything that relies on testimonials rather than clinical trials to prove its efficacy should sound alarms in your brain.

Especially with your now-heightened mental acuity.

See what I did there? How I packaged it all nicely? I'd like to thank Bloodsage for that excellent setup. I couldn't have done it without you!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-14-2005 09:56:59 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Karnaj absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Especially with your now-heightened mental acuity.

See what I did there? How I packaged it all nicely? I'd like to thank Bloodsage for that excellent setup. I couldn't have done it without you!

I also hear that tea made from ground-up rhinoceros horn and powdered tiger testicles can increase your potency if drunk while eating raw oysters.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 09-15-2005 03:54:27 AM
quote:
Today on the Bloodsage shopping network, get this for the low low price of 199.95
I also hear that tea made from ground-up rhinoceros horn and powdered tiger testicles can increase your potency if drunk while eating raw oysters.

I tried Bloodsage's method, and i noticed increased virility right away!

edited because i suck at quotes

Anakha fucked around with this message on 09-15-2005 at 03:55 AM.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2005 04:18:52 AM
I didn't know Waisz had senile dementia.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-15-2005 04:39:48 AM
quote:
Snugglits had this to say about Knight Rider:
And wouldn't you be fucking with how your brain works under caffeine anyway?

Heart rate =/= brain

Snugglits
posted 09-15-2005 10:45:00 AM
So in other words it is, at worst, a $20 placebo.

Oh no!

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2005 10:55:25 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Snugglits said this:
So in other words it is, at worst, a $20 placebo.

Oh no!

Eh, no. Worst case scenarios of self administration of psychoactive substances, without the advice of a physician, tend to be quite severe.

nem-x
posted 09-15-2005 10:56:00 AM
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2005 10:57:30 AM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Pirotess:
Heart rate =/= brain

You fail.

Snugglits
posted 09-15-2005 10:59:05 AM
quote:
Pvednes had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Eh, no. Worst case scenarios of self administration of psychoactive substances, without the advice of a physician, tend to be quite severe.

There have been people who've been taking it for years without any reported side effects.

It's not the necessary clinical information you'd want, but it's all there is, so far...

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-15-2005 11:04:20 AM
quote:
Snugglits painfully thought these words up:
There have been people who've been taking it for years without any reported side effects.

It's not the necessary clinical information you'd want, but it's all there is, so far...

That's a similar level of clinical information to that which supports the Atkins Diet and Clark Stanley's Snake Oil Liniment.

Maradon!
posted 09-15-2005 11:24:48 AM
I think the long and short of it is that there's no such thing as a magic brain boosting pill, and if you think there is then you're silly.
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-15-2005 12:08:01 PM
quote:
From the book of Maradon!, chapter 3, verse 16:
I think the long and short of it is that there's no such thing as a magic brain boosting pill, and if you think there is then you're silly.

Well to be fair it's not like we don't already have tons of substances that influence a person's state of mind. I wouldn't consider it impossible for a substance to be developed that does indeed improve cognitive ability and perception.

Mod fucked around with this message on 09-15-2005 at 12:08 PM.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-15-2005 01:29:28 PM
The way I see it, antidepressants are tested and approved and we're STILL finding out effects of it, for better and for worse. I can only imagine what will happen with pircetam down the line.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Maradon!
posted 09-15-2005 01:45:00 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mod booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Well to be fair it's not like we don't already have tons of substances that influence a person's state of mind. I wouldn't consider it impossible for a substance to be developed that does indeed improve cognitive ability and perception.

Improved cognitive ability and perception is not a state of mind, though.

That's like saying it's plausable that there'd be a pill that gives us X-Ray vision.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-15-2005 01:51:45 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Maradon! said:

That's like saying it's plausable that there'd be a pill that gives us X-Ray vision.

Not really, since the brain is capable of entering a state of heightened perception and cognitive ability under certain circumstances, it's not implausible to assume that this state can be induced arteficially. Also since there are mechanisms in the brain that allow for improvements in specific properties of the mind over a period of time, it is not implausible to suggest that those improvements could be at least stimulated though drugs, just as muscle development can be stimulated through the use of steroids or growth can be induced through hormone injections.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Snugglits
posted 09-15-2005 02:01:22 PM
quote:
Demos had this to say about Punky Brewster:
The way I see it, antidepressants are tested and approved and we're STILL finding out effects of it, for better and for worse. I can only imagine what will happen with pircetam down the line.

There's a huge difference in power, though.

Antidepressants make a drastic change. Piracetam is more than likely just a placebo, or if it does have effects they are very small/subtle.

eg. MAOI/SSRI vs. CNS stimulant

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 09-15-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Snugglits
posted 09-15-2005 02:04:49 PM
quote:
Mod enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Not really, since the brain is capable of entering a state of heightened perception and cognitive ability under certain circumstances, it's not implausible to assume that this state can be induced arteficially. Also since there are mechanisms in the brain that allow for improvements in specific properties of the mind over a period of time, it is not implausible to suggest that those improvements could be at least stimulated though drugs, just as muscle development can be stimulated through the use of steroids or growth can be induced through hormone injections.

This is correct.

Most people seem to forget that the mind is really just a function of the physical brain. But, it is.

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 09-15-2005 03:29:50 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

There is. It's called LSD.

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 09-15-2005 03:59:10 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I think you've got your definitions bass-ackwards if you consider caffeine a drug and piracetam not. Caffeine, in small doses (think one or two cups of coffee) is actually quite harmless and beneficial to one's mental acuity, according to bazillions of studies. This thing you're taking has been developed--but not medically certified to be effective--to fuck with your brain chemistry. It's the very definition of a "drug."

And if you knew anything at all about the supplement market, you'd steer way clear of it.

Hey, but good luck with it.

Coffee tastes like shit, though.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-15-2005 05:06:49 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Alidane stammered:

That's why we have sugar.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Maradon!
posted 09-15-2005 07:13:22 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Alidane who doth quote:

Only if you're:

1) A preteen that hates everything that isn't syrupy sweet (see also: people who don't like beer)

2) Drinking shitty coffee

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: