EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: As a Batman fan...
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-05-2005 01:42:36 PM
I'm insulted by this new cartoon crap they're passing off on WB >.<

It's just horrible beyond words...

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 02-05-2005 01:48:56 PM
Agreed. Did you see the Joker?
Addy
posted 02-05-2005 01:50:47 PM
Wait, what?
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 02-05-2005 01:53:31 PM
http://www2.warnerbros.com/batman/

Edit: Made it a link

Arrenn Lightblade fucked around with this message on 02-05-2005 at 01:54 PM.

KestarTheBlue
Pancake
posted 02-05-2005 01:56:42 PM
Hmmm... looks like shit.
My sig is not too big!
Maradon!
posted 02-05-2005 02:07:56 PM
It's RASTA-JOKER!

Mon!

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-05-2005 02:16:22 PM
Yeah.. The Joker's new look... erm... What the hell

And this Yin chick.. looks alot like Elisa from Gargoyles...

Steven Steve
posted 02-05-2005 02:22:27 PM
Oh holy shit, they made Bane look like a joke.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

UBT
Pancake
posted 02-05-2005 03:21:28 PM
Actually, if you've ever watched this cartoon then maybe you could post opinions about it. I didn't like the Joker's new look at first, but it grows on you. It makes him fighting against Batman (a martial arts badass) a whole lot better. This cartoon takes place when Bruce Wayne first starts out as the Batman. They even make comments that lead towards movie scenes.

One such scene is Bruce standing in front of the Batmobile and he says "stop" and it slides to a stop making him have to jump out of the way. Then he replies " I've gotta work on those stops" obviously refering to the movie where the car stops on a dime in front of him. The whole thing with Bane, he wasn't a gimp. Batman defeated him pretty much the same way Batman did in the Animated series, giving him more Venom than he could stand. Bane was a badass that put him out of commision for close to a month while he took over Gotham.

Personally, I feel that this cartoon is a decent change and is a good watch. I'm kinda sad that I missed this morning episode though.

Steven Steve
posted 02-05-2005 03:36:32 PM
But Bane is a big red idiot! In the comics he was like a master mind hard ass haha
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-05-2005 06:17:56 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when UBT wrote:
Actually, if you've ever watched this cartoon then maybe you could post opinions about it. I didn't like the Joker's new look at first, but it grows on you. It makes him fighting against Batman (a martial arts badass) a whole lot better. This cartoon takes place when Bruce Wayne first starts out as the Batman. They even make comments that lead towards movie scenes.

One such scene is Bruce standing in front of the Batmobile and he says "stop" and it slides to a stop making him have to jump out of the way. Then he replies " I've gotta work on those stops" obviously refering to the movie where the car stops on a dime in front of him. The whole thing with Bane, he wasn't a gimp. Batman defeated him pretty much the same way Batman did in the Animated series, giving him more Venom than he could stand. Bane was a badass that put him out of commision for close to a month while he took over Gotham.

Personally, I feel that this cartoon is a decent change and is a good watch. I'm kinda sad that I missed this morning episode though.

I have watched it. And no I don't like it. There's that opinion I can post on it. I *HATE* the art style.. it's like a basterdized style of what they had a few years back right up to Batman Beyond, and Superman.

Joker will never be that monster they made him out to be... He's supposed to be insane, but so suave that you can't tell by looking at him. Catwoman looks like a cross between a chuhauha and a bat. The Penguine just frightens me...

It's just so very very wrong.

Ares
posted 02-05-2005 06:24:22 PM
Remember the early 90's Batman Cartoon? That rocked.. It was all dark and stuff..

New Batman's suck.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-05-2005 06:31:47 PM
quote:
Ares impressed everyone with:
Remember the early 90's Batman Cartoon? That rocked.. It was all dark and stuff..

New Batman's suck.

Thats the best one ever.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
nem-x
posted 02-05-2005 06:38:46 PM
I didn't think it could be that bad, so I loaded up that page.

Ha
hahah

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-05-2005 07:42:38 PM
I liked Batman Beyond, this is just silly though, his face in that pic nem clipped is like... crack addict thin.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-05-2005 08:00:26 PM
quote:
Verily, Elvish Crack Piper doth proclaim:
I liked Batman Beyond,

me too.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-05-2005 08:13:29 PM
Ridiculous. Batman is not anime.

I agree, though, Batman Beyond was great, because it managed to be dark and fearsome, like Batman, just in the future.

For example, does anyone remember "April Moon?" In which a bunch of thugs supposedly "kidnap" a famous cybernetic-surgeon's wife and blackmail him to give them cybernetically enhanced powers. Batman finds that his wife is actually sexing up the leader of the thugs and informs the surgeon.

Squish.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-05-2005 08:21:40 PM
That episode was really cool.

The one with the buzzsaw blades made an appearence on a recent JLU where time travel took them to BB's time, with old static, which was cool.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-05-2005 08:25:56 PM
Don't tell Sean, but I enjoy Static Shock
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 02-05-2005 08:44:57 PM
I enjoy most superhero cartoons.

SS is pretty cool, wish it didnt get canceled CN needs to pick it back up, its only been out of production for 9 months.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 02-05-2005 10:45:33 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much total shit
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 02-05-2005 10:53:29 PM
Batman Beyond and Static Shock are good shows. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me.
Sean
posted 02-05-2005 11:39:35 PM
What bugs me about Static fucking Shock is that the writers seem to be complete nutjobs tooling around in the DC universe like Ferris Bueller. On acid.

Batman needing Static's help. For anything but a punching bag. What the fuck ever, man,

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-05-2005 11:49:21 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Sean said:
What bugs me about Static fucking Shock is that the writers seem to be complete nutjobs tooling around in the DC universe like Ferris Bueller. On acid.

Batman needing Static's help. For anything but a punching bag. What the fuck ever, man,

I'll second that.

But what I'm saying is that it's actually a pretty cool storyline. I guess the biggest thing is it's kind of a disappointment. There's a lot of potential, but it's too "for kids" to be truly good.

That and Static's abilities are too fucking broad. He can levitate/manipulate anything. Metal, I can understand, but how the fuck does he control curtains, food and other shit? Also, he can zap everyone and fly.

Alaan
posted 02-05-2005 11:53:23 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:
I'll second that.

But what I'm saying is that it's actually a pretty cool storyline. I guess the biggest thing is it's kind of a disappointment. There's a lot of potential, but it's too "for kids" to be truly good.

That and Static's abilities are too fucking broad. He can levitate/manipulate anything. Metal, I can understand, but how the fuck does he control curtains, food and other shit? Also, he can zap everyone and fly.

With a big enough magnet you can make nearly anything float!

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-05-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Sean
posted 02-05-2005 11:54:14 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's account was hax0red to write:

I hadn't even touched on that yet, but it's a horrible plot device that some people think is necessary.

What solo characters have been given their own successful shows? Batman, Superman. ..Uhhh.. Writers just keep building and building and building until an originally simple character becomes a walking, talking pile of shit without limits. Apparently Static's nerdy white sidekick isn't enough compared to Robin and Supergirl.

That's why I've also never been able to stomach shows like Charmed, Buffy, and their spinoffs.

Sean fucked around with this message on 02-05-2005 at 11:54 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2005 12:34:32 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Alaan stammered:
With a big enough magnet you can make nearly anything float!

It's a goddamn little uncle tom.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-06-2005 06:18:15 AM
quote:
Trillee wrote this stupid crap:
Joker will never be that monster they made him out to be... He's supposed to be insane, but so suave that you can't tell by looking at him.

What planet are you getting comics from? Joker is a fucking madman. He's never concealed it. He's never wanted to, nor has he ever seen the point. The only time he's ever passed as even transiently normal is when the Martian Manhunter psychically forced him to be sane at the end of the "Rock of Ages" JLA storyline, and even he could only manage to keep Joker sane for roughly one whole minute.

Joker is the quintessential example of truly chaotic evil. Granted, there is a certain allure to dementia and homicidal psychopathy, but where you got the idea that insanity being attractive equates to Joker being stealthy about his insanity is beyond me.

Joker is the most insane Batman villain in a rogues' gallery chock full of people one fry short of a happy meal. He scares the holy fuck out of the other Arkham inmates.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Skaw
posted 02-06-2005 07:03:11 AM
Is Mark Hamill atleast doing the voice of this new shitty looking Joker? It's really hard thinking anyone else can do it just as well. Speaking of which. Did anybody else know that he played the voice of Luke Skywalker doing Eye Surgery with the Lightsaber in Family Guy, in "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein?"

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-06-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 11:18:58 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Skaw wrote:
Is Mark Hamill atleast doing the voice of this new shitty looking Joker? It's really hard thinking anyone else can do it just as well. Speaking of which. Did anybody else know that he played the voice of Luke Skywalker doing Eye Surgery with the Lightsaber in Family Guy, in "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein?"

Nope. Looks like the guy playing Joker has played the roles of ...

Tartarus in Halo 2, Thadeus in Final Flight of the Osiris (Animatrix), Sebastian in Kingdom Hearts, and the 2nd Announcer in Pokemon

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724656/

Other odd fact (imdb is fun!), The Penguin is played by the same person who does the voice of Spongebob.

I'm frightened.

Cobalt Katze fucked around with this message on 02-06-2005 at 11:19 AM.

KestarTheBlue
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 11:56:53 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael was listening to Cher while typing:

Joker is the most insane Batman villain in a rogues' gallery chock full of people one fry short of a happy meal. He scares the holy fuck out of the other Arkham inmates.

Yeah, but isn't he svelte and creepy rather than huge and frothing at the mouth? You know, the trust the madman smiling less than the one holding the knife?

My sig is not too big!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-06-2005 12:03:31 PM
The new Joker looks like an undead from WoW.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
KestarTheBlue
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 12:08:20 PM
Er, make that "isn't he _supposed to be_"
My sig is not too big!
OtakuPenguin
posted 02-06-2005 12:12:23 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Optimus Prime:

What planet are you getting comics from? Joker is a fucking madman. He's never concealed it. He's never wanted to, nor has he ever seen the point. The only time he's ever passed as even transiently normal is when the Martian Manhunter psychically forced him to be sane at the end of the "Rock of Ages" JLA storyline, and even he could only manage to keep Joker sane for roughly one whole minute.

Joker is the quintessential example of truly chaotic evil. Granted, there is a certain allure to dementia and homicidal psychopathy, but where you got the idea that insanity being attractive equates to Joker being stealthy about his insanity is beyond me.

If any of you wants a picture of just EXACTLY how insane the Joker is, read 'The Killing Joke'

It's actually chilling to read.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 12:13:52 PM
quote:
KestarTheBlue had this to say about pies:
Yeah, but isn't he svelte and creepy rather than huge and frothing at the mouth? You know, the trust the madman smiling less than the one holding the knife?

Not really. While the Joker may be able to mastermind a plan, he's so crazy that he's completely unpredictable. I mean, not even he knows what he's going to do next. During the "Killing Joke" storyarc, the Joker gets a gun to Batman's head and would've killed him if the gun hadn't been a fake. Plus there's the fact that he's always got that maniac grin plastered on his face and thinks that everything's a joke. During "Hush" Batman almost beats the Joker to death and the whole time he's laughing hysterically.

Like Deth said, Joker is probably the most horrifying villain in Batman's rogue gallery and possibly the entire DC Universe. He's also the only villain that even creeps Batman out.

There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
OtakuPenguin
posted 02-06-2005 12:21:36 PM
quote:
Mr. Crabs painfully thought these words up:
Not really. While the Joker may be able to mastermind a plan, he's so crazy that he's completely unpredictable. I mean, not even he knows what he's going to do next. During the "Killing Joke" storyarc, the Joker gets a gun to Batman's head and would've killed him if the gun hadn't been a fake. Plus there's the fact that he's always got that maniac grin plastered on his face and thinks that everything's a joke. During "Hush" Batman almost beats the Joker to death and the whole time he's laughing hysterically.

Like Deth said, Joker is probably the most horrifying villain in Batman's rogue gallery and possibly the entire DC Universe. He's also the only villain that even creeps Batman out.

Yeah, the Joker is my 2nd favourite baddie in all of comics (Behind Dr. Doom) just because the character is so...insane.

He's the antithesis of Batman completely. He's crazy and illogical, Batman is calculated and logical.

When thinking about it from a symbolic standpoint, one cannot exist without the other. In 'Dark Knight Returns', the minute Batman comes back, the Joker re-awakens as well.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 01:31:56 PM
That's pretty funny. Doctor Doom and the Joker are my two favorite villains as well. Frank Millar's rendition of the Joker in "Dark Knight Returns" was perfect. It made him seem even more creepy than usual in that, unlike Batman, he seemed to be completely unaffected by time and appeared to have not aged a bit.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-06-2005 05:04:29 PM
Yeah.. he's insane and doesn't hide it.. but he's not some grotesque monster on the outside.

I'm talking about his physical looks, Deth, not his actions. In other words, the artwork for this show sucks huge donkey balls.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2005 05:15:23 PM
The idea of Joker as being insane and wild is moderately acceptable. I mean, he IS insane and wild, but to that extent? Rastafarian dreads? Insane jumpsuit? Nay.

But I loathe the whole anime aspect of this series.

KestarTheBlue
Pancake
posted 02-06-2005 09:42:50 PM
quote:
Verily, Mr. Parcelan doth proclaim:

But I loathe the whole anime aspect of this series.

What are you talking about? Anime batman! I'm just waiting for him to have penis-tentacles!

My sig is not too big!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: