EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mightion
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2004 02:10:52 AM
Get a life.
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 02:14:02 AM
This space intentionally left blank.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2004 02:17:13 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor attempted to be funny by writing:
This space intentionally left blank.

Fill it with SOCIALIZATION!

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 02:26:36 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's account was hax0red to write:
Fill it with SOCIALIZATION!

Get over yourself. You'd HATE it if I did get a life, because then you'd lose one more button you can push on your imaginary control board that you push when you want to feel superior to everyone else.

Let me tell you something, you fucking judgemental antangonistical attention-whore. I complain about my job, but I need to keep that job in order for my mother and I to continue to have a place to live. I play games because it's what I do in my spare time to relax and have fun. My schedule doesn't easily allow me to "socialize" the way you feel I should, even if I had the socialization skills that, according to you, one must have in order to be considered of having a life. Changes take time, so excuse me if I fail to send Your Fucking Imperial Majesty daily status reports. Lord knows I wouldn't want to read those constantly.

When I start paying YOU to judge my life and tell me what to do better instead of trained professionals, THEN you can fucking tell me to get a life.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2004 02:28:01 AM
Who the fuck told him about the control board?

No, seriously, it's out of concern for you, dawg, hard as that might be to believe.

Do you really think you're living a healthy life?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-25-2004 02:28:24 AM
Get some new glasses and cut your hair and make sure your pants aren't so tight the woman can tell your dick size by the errection that occurs the moment you get within ten feet of one(unless they call you Mr. Footlong) and you can do fine.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-25-2004 02:31:09 AM
Just don't try to socialize with the pricks on Xbox Live.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 02:31:22 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
Who the fuck told him about the control board?

No, seriously, it's out of concern for you, dawg, hard as that might be to believe.

Do you really think you're living a healthy life?

People don't usually show concern WITH THE FUCKING FLAME TAG.

They do it with the PM function, which wouldn't suit your purposes because you wouldn't have a fucking audience, now would you?

And to answer your question, no, I don't think it's a healthy life. Reality infrequently takes what a person thinks into account when determining itself.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2004 02:33:15 AM
Haha, yeah, this was sort of a way for me to get a kick out of it.

But it also serves for people to give you another dose of the violent truth, since nothing else works.

But seriously, get at it, yo.

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 02:35:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Haha, yeah, this was sort of a way for me to get a kick out of it.

But it also serves for people to give you another dose of the violent truth, since nothing else works.

But seriously, get at it, yo.

I deal with the "violent truth" every fucking day and every goddamned night; I don't need you pointing it out to me.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 10-25-2004 02:37:38 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about (_|_):
I deal with the "violent truth" every fucking day and every goddamned night; I don't need you pointing it out to me.

Then, honestly, why don't you do anything about it?!

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-25-2004 02:39:54 AM
quote:
Pvednes obviously shouldn't have said:

I can't speak for Mightion, but being social in the right environment was/is (mostly was) hard for me. Something basically had to click on its own for me to get it.

Being social in a wrong/unsocial environment would be flat out shitty.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-25-2004 02:46:56 AM
quote:
Pvednes wrote this stupid crap:

Gee I donno.. maybe because it's *not* as easy as everyone likes to think it is.

It's not like flipping a switch with some people. Time's also another factor, "making" the time isn't always easy when that little problem called a job sometimes zaps all your time and energy away.

Violent truth is just a tactless way to try and get him to change what you don't like seeing him do. Get off his case.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-25-2004 02:49:37 AM
You know, there's always the option of being a lame ass like me. Just sink yourself into apathy, tell everyone (friends included) to fuck off, then just do nothing but play online games and go to work/school. Saves a ton of money on gas and other things, but eventually you'll start to hate yourself and the rest of humanity along with you. I'll second Parce's motion, but with much more goodwill in hopes that you don't become an apathetic loser like me.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2004 03:01:29 AM
quote:
Trillee stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Gee I donno.. maybe because it's *not* as easy as everyone likes to think it is.

It's not like flipping a switch with some people. Time's also another factor, "making" the time isn't always easy when that little problem called a job sometimes zaps all your time and energy away.

Violent truth is just a tactless way to try and get him to change what you don't like seeing him do. Get off his case.

It's also a way to get him to stop whining.

No, it's not easy, but to date, he has never made any motion to try anything, which is pretty bad

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 10-25-2004 03:02:25 AM
quote:
Trillee was listening to Cher while typing:

No, it isnt easy and time is a big factor. But sitting around, dwelling in the things that cause problems just make things worse. If that means you have to spot doing something entirely for a little while to achieve your social goals, then *gasps* you do that. I don't think it is a question of time available, more like how it is spent.

Pesco fucked around with this message on 10-25-2004 at 03:03 AM.

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 03:05:13 AM
Why did you have to make this thread, Sam? Why was it necessary?

You've got me sitting here, crying and hating myself tonight when all I'd really had planned for tonight was maybe a little CoH.

Why? Why? Well, I hope you're happy, because now I'm crying my eyes out... quietly, so mom doesn't hear.

I hope it was worth it, fucker.

Demos
Pancake
posted 10-25-2004 03:10:54 AM
It'd be nice if sociality was so easy to do, but get real guys - having a house over ones head comes first.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-25-2004 03:11:26 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan came out of the closet to say:
It's also a way to get him to stop whining.

If you post anything like this again you'll be permabanned.

nem-x
posted 10-25-2004 03:12:26 AM
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-25-2004 03:13:42 AM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about the Spice Girls:
No, it isnt easy and time is a big factor. But sitting around, dwelling in the things that cause problems just make things worse. If that means you have to spot doing something entirely for a little while to achieve your social goals, then *gasps* you do that. I don't think it is a question of time available, more like how it is spent.

Yeah, but you don't know what's going on on his side aside what he says. You don't get the whole of everything, even if it's from the proverbial horses mouth. You don't know what's going on inside one's head.. you don't know what he leaves out because he might feel to personal to share.

Sometimes one's mind is thier own cell. It traps people. And it's *NOT* always easy to spot what's wrong. And even if you do, it's not always easy to figure out what to do to fix it.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-25-2004 03:15:12 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Trillee said this:
...it's not always easy to figure out what to do to fix it.

Word.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Pesco
posted 10-25-2004 03:16:05 AM
quote:
Demos was naked while typing this:
It'd be nice if sociality was so easy to do, but get real guys - having a house over ones head comes first.

Who said you had to spend money or lose money to socialize? A lot of people do just fine working 40-50 hour weeks, just barely paying the bills with kids and being social.

This has nothing to do with the physical neccesities, this is purely a mental block from what I can gather.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 10-25-2004 03:19:39 AM
Why are we prying into people's private lives again?
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-25-2004 03:20:40 AM
quote:
Alidane was listening to Cher while typing:
Why are we prying into people's private lives again?

It's not prying when he throws the doors open and says, "HEY GUYS! CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!"

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-25-2004 03:21:54 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about pies:
It's not prying when he throws the doors open and says, "HEY GUYS! CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!"

And I didn't do that.

Demos
Pancake
posted 10-25-2004 03:41:53 AM
Seriously, I havn't seen him whine anywhere. And I didn't mean just money as a roadblock - making the money takes time too. But yes you can make room for socializing, but theres a lot more to it than just the urge and free time.

Leave the guy alone.

Jesus.

Pesco
posted 10-25-2004 03:42:37 AM
What's the point in us agruing this anyway? Either nothing will get done and he will remain unhappy, or he will finally break through the rock wall and figure out what needs to be done to fix it.

It just really sucks to see a guy like that and sometimes you really do just want to put a boot to his ass. It is nothing out of disrespect, it just helps for some people. In the end, all of us just want to help them in some way. Everything is worth trying.

Demos
Pancake
posted 10-25-2004 03:45:15 AM
I realize people want to help, but past a certain point, you gotta realize, that its up to them and no amount of bitching or verbal abuse will help - in fact, it will do the opposite. Most of you guys are doing more harm than good (not all...).

Bottom line: Its in his hands. Lay off and let him deal with his life.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 10-25-2004 06:51:31 AM
What the hell?

First of all, like its been said many times in this thread, lay off. Its not your life, not your issues to deal with.

Secondly, what the HELL ever gave anyone the idea that we know how his life is going? Its not like this board is a personal diary that we read every day. How would anyone here, communicatig in a way that you never even talk to him in person, know what troubles he may have?

And third, (mostly directed to Parcelan) where do you get off being the one to tell him "I dont like how you are, so change!" and then when you are finally rebuked, you come back with, "I was just concerned. Still, change anyway." Its not your damn place to tell anyone that. I could just as well come back and say to you that your coming here and doing your best to make other people feel bad about themselves is unhealthy. Why do you feel the need to be superior over people who you may never meet? I personally think you are a cool guy and you havent really done too much out of place flaming in a while, but when you do decide to go off in such a way as to flame anyone you dont like, it really gets annoying. Not humbling, not thought provoking. Annoying. But I'm not going to tell you to change because I dont like how you are. Its really none of my business.

And my fourth issue. Calling someone out like this, as had been stated above, will not cause them to want to change. I personally deal with this shit every day, when I go to work, because my supervisor is incapable of being happy with anything I do. His calling me out every other day has no more effect on me other than losing whatever respect I had for him, and then giving up. And I'm pretty sure Mightion feels the same way.

Like you have not been flaming lately (until this, obviously), he has not really been throwing pity parties much either.

So lay off. He's not hurting you, and if it annoys you so bad to read his posts, DONT read them.

Azakias fucked around with this message on 10-25-2004 at 06:53 AM.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 10-25-2004 12:52:04 PM
Jesus christ Parce. I've just lost a lot of respect for you, though I'm sure you don't care.

Azakias pretty much said what I wanted to. Lay off, it's not your life, and you don't know anything about it.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-25-2004 01:18:28 PM
What I'm about to say, I say in the knowledge that Mightion knows I think the world of him...but...

Mightion did go through an extended period with his EQ chica where she was OBVIOUSLY playing him, and he wouldn't do anything to help himself.

But that's a symptom of Mightion's problem. The issue isn't that he's irresponsible, or a drama queen, or that he doesn't try. Mightion's got himself stuck in a rut. It's not dissimilar to how I was before starting school this semester. Do you dare force things? The world seems aligned against you and the tasks seem so interminably vast that you start to wonder if it's even worth the effort.

I was nowhere near as deep as Mightion is, but I can empathize. So to some extent, Parce was/is right. Mightion does tend to gripe about his life a lot, and a lot of the time he doesn't seem to be making progress. The truth is he's digging himself out very slowly, and he needs to vent along the way. Momentum and all that.

On the other hand, this kind of thread ain't cool. Soooo...naughty Parce.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-25-2004 01:20:17 PM
Antagonistical?
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-25-2004 01:21:25 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Captain Planet:
Antagonistical?

I think I had that removed when I was 8 years old.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-25-2004 01:22:06 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Antagonistical?

Antagonistical

Antagonistic \An*tag`o*nis"tic\, Antagonistical\An*tag`o*nis"tic*al\, a. Opposing in combat, combating; contending or acting against; as, antagonistic forces. -- An*tag`o*nis\"tic*al*ly, adv.

They were distinct, adverse, even antagonistic. --Milman.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Pesco
posted 10-25-2004 01:24:15 PM
Beat me to it.

Big words hurtz the brain

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-25-2004 01:25:47 PM
quote:
Katrinity Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Antagonistical

Antagonistic \An*tag`o*nis"tic\, Antagonistical\An*tag`o*nis"tic*al\, a. Opposing in combat, combating; contending or acting against; as, antagonistic forces. -- An*tag`o*nis\"tic*al*ly, adv.

They were distinct, adverse, even antagonistic. --Milman.

Somehow, I doubt that was an intentional use of an obscure form of the word.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-25-2004 01:31:32 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Duck Tales:
Somehow, I doubt that was an intentional use of an obscure form of the word.

Nah, not that hard of a word. Just break it up:

Antagonist - About everyone knows what an antagonist is

So, acting like an Antagonist would be Antagonistical.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 10-25-2004 01:38:13 PM
quote:
How.... Drysart.... uughhhhhh:
If you post anything like this again you'll be permabanned.

For what?

hey
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-25-2004 01:39:12 PM
quote:
Jens stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
For what?

For "Drysart owns the forum he can do what he wants"

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: