EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: In need of a change
Ares
posted 10-21-2004 09:59:32 PM
Okay.. I'm in a real need of a change... So, I thought I'd start with my hair or something.. Right now it's about at the bottom of my shoulder blades and blonde. I'm just overall tired with how I look and my over all self esteem is crap (angst angst slit my wrist.. blah blah blah) I just want a change (doesn't help the fact that people think I look 16....) .

this is pretty much how I look now, even though this was last year...
http://home.cogeco.ca/~don.cruikshank/test8.jpg

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 10-21-2004 10:02:06 PM
I say allow it to continue growing. Long hair is awsome. Barring that getting it cut around botton-of-the-jaw length might be good. Would accentuate the face.

Various colors of dye might work, but that's something a bit more harsh.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 10-21-2004 10:03:43 PM
Qweee-stees.
nem-x
posted 10-21-2004 10:15:53 PM
Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:18:03 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when nem-x wrote:

Tried that.. I don't look good in that style.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 10-21-2004 10:18:10 PM
wdye it like dark brown or something!

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:19:20 PM
quote:
BeauChan impressed everyone with:
wdye it like dark brown or something!

Okay.. How about we DON'T post the worst picture of me in existance!

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 10-21-2004 10:21:59 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ares was all like:
Okay.. How about we DON'T post the worst picture of me in existance!

Bah, worst or not, it's still a good picture.

I would have to say try out long hair, maybe a different color. Try Red, or blue, or purple even if you can get away with it.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 10-21-2004 10:22:21 PM
You're way too hard on yourself. :/
Gadani
U
posted 10-21-2004 10:28:27 PM
oh em gee ares u r so ugly >;[ >;[ >;[

Seriously, though, go with long hair. And take Fizo's coloring suggestion.

Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:31:34 PM
quote:
Gadani's fortune cookie read:
oh em gee ares u r so ugly >;[ >;[ >;[

Seriously, though, go with long hair. And take Fizo's coloring suggestion.

I already have long hair.. I just usually throw it up in a ponytail

Addy
posted 10-21-2004 10:34:19 PM
You could try for a layered cut at your shoulders... I don't know... I'm not good at this hair consultant stuff
Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:35:48 PM
quote:
How.... Addy.... uughhhhhh:
You could try for a layered cut at your shoulders... I don't know... I'm not good at this hair consultant stuff

I've had that... My hair goes POOF!! I have a TON of hair.. And when cut with short layers like that, it goes all poofy..

Gadani
U
posted 10-21-2004 10:36:36 PM
quote:
So quoth Ares:
I already have long hair.. I just usually throw it up in a ponytail

Wear it down. Down is sexy.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-21-2004 10:38:11 PM
Shave it off
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 10-21-2004 10:40:48 PM
Pretty eyes ^_^
Ferrel!
Addy
posted 10-21-2004 10:41:17 PM
quote:
Gadani was listening to Cher while typing:
Wear it down. Down is sexy.

Long hair also sucks to maintain.

I should know, my hair is only a touch shorter than Ares's right now.

Hmmm. My advice is to check out one of those girly magazines and just flip through the images. See if you find any particular styles you like.

I'd say more but I am thoroughly jealous of your hair's tendancy to poof, my hair is just... straight

Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:42:41 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Cuba:
Long hair also sucks to maintain.

I should know, my hair is only a touch shorter than Ares's right now.

Hmmm. My advice is to check out one of those girly magazines and just flip through the images. See if you find any particular styles you like.

I'd say more but I am thoroughly jealous of your hair's tendancy to poof, my hair is just... straight

Mine it too much 'poof'... Makes my face look fatter than it already is.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 10-21-2004 10:45:17 PM
My hair is probably about as long as yours. Its to my shoulder blades.

Its ok, I've been sorta wearing it in a bun on the back of my head lately.

I really wanted to change up and I considered dyeing it plum in color and then doing the tips in violet. Then I realized I'd get fired =\

Still, ideas though!

Ferrel fucked around with this message on 10-21-2004 at 10:46 PM.

Ferrel!
Addy
posted 10-21-2004 10:50:31 PM
Please please please please please don't go for blue/bright red/green/pink/etc, Ares!!!

You could try highlights as well, just realize that they are more expensive than getting your hair dyed (if you do it professionally).

Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:52:23 PM
quote:
Addy stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Please please please please please don't go for blue/bright red/green/pink/etc, Ares!!!

You could try highlights as well, just realize that they are more expensive than getting your hair dyed (if you do it professionally).

My hair is already highlighted. And I can't do weird colours anyways.. Mom would kill me

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-21-2004 10:52:51 PM
quote:
Delidgamond had this to say about Pirotess:
Shave it off

Seconded.

Addy
posted 10-21-2004 10:53:14 PM
quote:
Ares stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
My hair is already highlighted. And I can't do weird colours anyways.. Mom would kill me

I am blind

Ares
posted 10-21-2004 10:55:18 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I am blind

Older pictures. I did it in.. august?

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-21-2004 10:55:24 PM
*insert obligatory "OMG ARES IS HAWT!!" post*

Given that I have no idea of female hairstyles, maybe talking with a stylist or something about a new style/colour that might suit you better... (or does that only work with Image Designers in SWG??)

Suffice to say that IMHO I can see no reason from your pictures as to why you'd want to change... but this is coming from a guy who's idea of a haircut it a 6-weekly visit to the barber for a 4mm buzzcut all over.. *shrugs*

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-21-2004 10:59:53 PM
If ya think long hair is bad when it's shoulderblade length... try having it do all the way past your behind No.. long hair isn't easy to care for, but you can do alot more with it if you're creative.
Suddar
posted 10-21-2004 11:02:44 PM
I'm dying my hair back red. Soon.

Not really a suggestion, just saying.

I understand the desire to change your look.

Suddar fucked around with this message on 10-21-2004 at 11:03 PM.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-21-2004 11:10:37 PM
My hair's getting way too boring for my tastes, but I can't really do anything with it.

I love the female hair styles where it's like "omg layers and flips and WTF" - but that would be way mucho work.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-22-2004 12:19:26 AM
The easiest way to change your look is to cut your hair. I cut all mine off, and everyone noticed. Of course, that may be a bit drastic for you. Or not.

Having little hair is great. Really saves on the shampoo costs.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-22-2004 12:23:17 AM
Long hair: Looks good, but gets in the way when you go to kiss a girl/are kissed. Hair doesn't taste too good

So...I say not too short, but somewhat short. And a nice dark red color. Red is awesome.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-22-2004 12:35:38 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee was listening to Cher while typing:
Barring that getting it cut around botton-of-the-jaw length might be good. Would accentuate the face.

Seconded.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-22-2004 01:12:42 AM
If you're not looking to change anything lengthwise, I suggest adding some contrast. Maybe see if your stylist will do some strawberry blonde in there, I think that would be a good color for you. (Obviously it's up to you, though.)

Personally, my hair is insanely thick and I can't let it get too long or it drives me crazy and I have to have it up or I get sweaty really fast. So, as far as cuts go, I think medium-length stuff tends to be the safest for most people. Generally with medium-length stuff, even if you're not completely happy with it, there's still enough to put some of it up so you don't feel like a total doof.

This is the cut I got a few months ago:

I felt like it was a "safe" cut and I ended up totally adoring it.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 10-22-2004 01:29:11 AM
Hon, you'd look good with black highlights.. or maybe black with blonde highlights. The contrast really helps thin the face.. I know this from personal experience..
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-22-2004 01:32:42 AM
quote:
How.... Ares.... uughhhhhh:
Mine it too much 'poof'... Makes my face look fatter than it already is.

Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons Straight irons !!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

straighteners, flat irons, whatever

I love mine. I don't use it as often anymore, but I love it. It's SOOOOO nice. A decent one will probably run you $60-70 though. >.< Mine was $70, and that was WITH my grandmother's discount. She got me a super duper ultra awesome one though, you can just get a decent one. Even a cheap one would work for a little while. The ones with the ceramic plates are supposed to be the best, because it's supposed to be less damaging to your hair. Plus the metal plates, like on cheap ones, tends to stick to your hair after awhile, and it'll yank a bit (I had a cheap one before I had my current one)... plus the cheap ones do not work as well, because they do not get as hot as professional ones. Mine still runs smooth over my hair, works perfectly. Have had it almost a year now, and you're talking to a girl kills all of her hair dryers within months of getting them.

Gotta be careful with the professional ones, though. I've gotten some nasty burns. >.<

Monica fucked around with this message on 10-22-2004 at 01:40 AM.

Nike
Pancake
posted 10-22-2004 02:04:07 AM
Ares don't be so self-critical.

Dark brown may be too dark for your skin colour, I have olive skin and I dyed my hair espresso brown and it looked black :S, i kinda looked goth i barely pulled it off. (And there is nothing wrong with gothic people, that's just not my 'look')

Maybe try for a light brown colour, then buy a brown brow brush, this way you will have more attention brought to your eyes (they're really nice, mine are poop brown!)

Good luck, if all else fails, go for a semi-permanent dye, this way some will wash off and it isnt as damaging to your hair.

Good Luck!! I'm sure you'll look fine no matter what you do.

Winning IS everything
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-22-2004 02:09:17 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Cavalier- said:
*insert obligatory "OMG ARES IS HAWT!!" post*

Given that I have no idea of female hairstyles, maybe talking with a stylist or something about a new style/colour that might suit you better... (or does that only work with Image Designers in SWG??)

Suffice to say that IMHO I can see no reason from your pictures as to why you'd want to change... but this is coming from a guy who's idea of a haircut it a 6-weekly visit to the barber for a 4mm buzzcut all over.. *shrugs*

You should look into getting your own shaver. They are only $50 or something and they pay for themselves superquick when you compare it with going to the barber every few weeks.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 10-22-2004 02:09:20 AM
hrmmm, take all this with a grain of salt, but this is just my opinion.

I think that with your complexion, red would be just "wrong" looking, black too severe, and blonde would just seem a little too pale. But a light brown would work well.

Then if you had it professionally braided with light blue beads on the ends to bring out your eyes even more, it would look stunning. Braids would hopefully be to just below the shoulders, with the bang area coming down to cheekbones.

but again, just my opinion.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 10-22-2004 03:34:18 AM
quote:
Burger thought about the meaning of life:
hrmmm, take all this with a grain of salt, but this is just my opinion.

I think that with your complexion, red would be just "wrong" looking, black too severe, and blonde would just seem a little too pale. But a light brown would work well.

Then if you had it professionally braided with light blue beads on the ends to bring out your eyes even more, it would look stunning. Braids would hopefully be to just below the shoulders, with the bang area coming down to cheekbones.

but again, just my opinion.

*turns metro for a second*

Burger's on the right path, but I would go with plain brown, or even dark brown. You should go with a hair length of about an inch and a half to two inches higher than your shoulders. This will accent the shape of your face. ( I have the same problem as you, whenever I get my hair cut really short it makes me feel fat.) You next have to deal with the shape of your hair. I'd say go with hair that goes with the curve of your face, and doesn't swoosh out at the end. Like the the woman doing hair in the picture, (if he hair was about a half inch longer) .

Highlight if needed. If your going with brown, amber and blond highlighs would be just dandy.

If you wanted to go with layering, the stylist will tell you how to get rid of that poof. What works for me is Maxxed-Out Hairspray by TIGI/Bed Head. it'll keep any hair under control.

P.S. I feel like an add.

TheOriginalZane fucked around with this message on 10-22-2004 at 03:35 AM.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-22-2004 06:18:30 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Naimah:
You should look into getting your own shaver. They are only $50 or something and they pay for themselves superquick when you compare it with going to the barber every few weeks.

bah.. $5 every 6 weeks is hardly going to send me bankrupt..

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 10-22-2004 06:54:01 AM
I'd say dye it a medium brown. The style you have in that picture is "just right".
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: