EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Alternate History: What if...
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-17-2004 11:01:15 PM
Bush had been elected in 2000?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Zaeron
Pancake
posted 10-17-2004 11:55:20 PM
Umm.. No offense, really, but I'm getting kind of sick of this whining. "OMG Bush isn't the president" is about as childish and stupid as someone can possibly get without the aid of surgury.

Okay, so I guess I'm not really trying all that hard to not-offend. I'm just getting rather tired of it. I probably shouldn't open my mouth, but I don't find this funny at all.

I admit, I'm not going to pick it apart. I'm sure several people on this board will be more than glad to. I'm just going to comment that I think it's about time that everyone stopped whining about the fact that the Democrats 'won'.

Please, this is starting to sound almost as stupid as the Republicans did under Clinton. This has been hashed over so many times it isn't funny anymore. It's just another sad reminder that the Democrats have nothing better to bring to the table than "OMG LOLZOR don't elect Bush for the first time!"

Edited slightly to change a couple words around. Make it slightly less inflamitory. Or something. Please don't hurt me.

Zaeron fucked around with this message on 10-17-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 10-18-2004 12:05:40 AM
quote:
Zaeron had this to say about Cuba:
It's just another sad reminder that the Democrats have nothing better to bring to the table than "OMG LOLZOR don't elect Bush for the first time!"

While I agree with most of your post, I can hardly believe anyone on any side could say this.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 12:09:07 AM
quote:
Lashanna probably says this to all the girls:
While I agree with most of your post, I can hardly believe anyone on any side could say this.

Stupid choice of words... Rather, what I meant was, the Democrats seem to be spending more time bashing Bush than they are convincing me that they will actually do things better... And I'm not saying the Republicans aren't doing the same thing, for the record. That'll teach me to take more time to read through my posts. I shouldn't have to use the edit button twice

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:11:05 AM
The sad thing about this election is most of the arguments for Kerry are that he's not Bush. This strikes me as a terrible way to vote.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-18-2004 12:11:23 AM
If he'd been elected, then you wouldn't have posted this.

Whoa, deep, man. I think this, like, makes me my own grandpa or something.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:11:50 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Karnaj:
If he'd been elected, then you wouldn't have posted this.

Whoa, deep, man. I think this, like, makes me my own grandpa or something.

You did do the nasty in the pasty.

Zair
The Imp
posted 10-18-2004 12:13:35 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:
The sad thing about this election is most of the arguments for Kerry are that he's not Bush. This strikes me as a terrible way to vote.

That may be, but using the same logic, it is still a better way to vote than voting for Bush or not at all.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-18-2004 12:13:59 AM
Selected, not elected.

*shoots himself in the foot*

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-18-2004 12:16:10 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Mr. Parcelan all over myself!

Why? If you feel that someone is doing a spectacularly shitty job, then wouldn't you want someone(read: anyone) to replace him posthaste? And since there's only one person who has a decent chance of replacing Bush...

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:16:14 AM
quote:
Zair stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
That may be, but using the same logic, it is still a better way to vote than voting for Bush or not at all.

It's always better to vote than to not vote.

But to have no other reason to vote than "because the other option is worse" is also very bad.

I don't vote for Bush because he's Republican or because he's not Kerry. I agree with his stances.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:17:06 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Karnaj wrote:
Why? If you feel that someone is doing a spectacularly shitty job, then wouldn't you want someone(read: anyone) to replace him posthaste? And since there's only one person who has a decent chance of replacing Bush...

It's like jumping off a cliff when you're on fire because there might be a river at the bottom. There might only be jagged rocks or MORE FIRE!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-18-2004 12:18:48 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mr. Parcelan:
It's like jumping off a cliff when you're on fire because there might be a river at the bottom. There might only be jagged rocks or MORE FIRE!

Well, given that or stand there and burn to death I'd go for the cliff thingy.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-18-2004 12:19:05 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
It's always better to vote than to not vote.

But to have no other reason to vote than "because the other option is worse" is also very bad.

I don't vote for Bush because he's Republican or because he's not Kerry. I agree with his stances.

And I agree with Kerry's. Not everyone wants to vote for him because he's "not Bush"

Zaeron
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 12:19:57 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived JooJooFlop stammered:
Well, given that or stand there and burn to death I'd go for the cliff thingy.

You could try that stop drop and roll thing - although, then again, I've never had to actually try that out. Maybe it doesn't work.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:20:35 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Blindy. wrote:
And I agree with Kerry's. Not everyone wants to vote for him because he's "not Bush"

That's good. But the survey I took awhile ago indicates that most votes for Kerry went to him because he wasn't Bush.

The same argument applies to people I talk to on the street. There's no reason to vote for Kerry. Just a bunch of reasons not to vote for Bush.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-18-2004 12:24:38 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:

Sorry, your analogy fails. A more apt analogy is, say, a factory manager. If you hire a manager who completely fucks your factory up, replacing him with the first person with decent qualifications you can find is more reasonable than saying, "let's give him another chance. Maybe he'll be better this time around. Or maybe we'll find someone who can solve all our problems on one fell swoop."

Beer.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-18-2004 12:24:44 AM
quote:
Zaeron attempted to be funny by writing:
You could try that stop drop and roll thing - although, then again, I've never had to actually try that out. Maybe it doesn't work.

Why can't Kerry be stop, drop & roll? Bush is the one who set you on fire in the first place, so it's hard to expect anything from him other than more fire.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:28:01 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Pirotess:
Sorry, your analogy fails. A more apt analogy is, say, a factory manager. If you hire a manager who completely fucks your factory up, replacing him with the first person with decent qualifications you can find is more reasonable than saying, "let's give him another chance. Maybe he'll be better this time around. Or maybe we'll find someone who can solve all our problems on one fell swoop."

Or maybe we'll find someone that's worse.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-18-2004 12:30:42 AM
If McCain had been elected, we wouldn't be in this mess.

However, Azizza would also have shat himself.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:31:20 AM
quote:
Vorbis had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
If McCain had been elected, we wouldn't be in this mess.

However, Azizza would also have shat himself.

I don't think he would make a good president. Senator, yes. President? Nay.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-18-2004 12:35:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:
I don't think he would make a good president. Senator, yes. President? Nay.

I agree with his stances on almost everything more than I do with Bush, Kerry, or Gore. I think he's also more diplomatic than Bush, more lively and amiable than Gore, and would be a strong voice for American power and cooperation internationally.

Sadly I doubt he'd run in 2008, though. So we'll never get to know.

Lashanna
noob
posted 10-18-2004 12:36:04 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Why can't Kerry be stop, drop & roll? Bush is the one who set you on fire in the first place, so it's hard to expect anything from him other than more fire.

But this fire is out of control. We're gonna burn this city, burn this city.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-18-2004 12:37:49 AM
quote:
How.... Vorbis.... uughhhhhh:
I agree with his stances on almost everything more than I do with Bush, Kerry, or Gore. I think he's also more diplomatic than Bush, more lively and amiable than Gore, and would be a strong voice for American power and cooperation internationally.

Sadly I doubt he'd run in 2008, though. So we'll never get to know.

The republican canidate for 2008 will be count chocula.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-18-2004 12:38:31 AM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Mr. Parcelan with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.
Or maybe we'll find someone that's worse.

Sure, that possibility exists. Weighing the pros and cons, though, it's still more reasonable to take your chances with someone new then continue to let your factory go down the shitter.

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:38:32 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Lashanna!
But this fire is out of control. We're gonna burn this city, burn this city.

I see you've bought into Sean's propoganda that you can solve all your problems with movie and song quotes.

WELL IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY MISSY.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 12:39:08 AM
quote:
Blindy. Model 2000 was programmed to say:

I'd like to see Kerry combat the evils of the Trix rabbit Jihad.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-18-2004 01:46:58 AM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about pies:

Well, at least we'll know what his stand on before school breakfast programs will be.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-18-2004 02:04:01 AM
Untill the democrates bring in the Honey Nut Cherriors Bee. (Does he even have a name?)

"Vote for me! I'm "Healthier" then Count Chocula!"

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 10-18-2004 02:06:19 AM
quote:
Callalron stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Well, at least we'll know what Count Chocula's stand on before school breakfast programs will be.

Or not. General Mills is redoing all of their cereals, including those targeted for kids, to contain less sugar and more whole grains.

Oh, and, LOL, I found his campaign speech:

quote:
When I was a child, the only thing that got me going in the morning was a good healthy dose of sugar and the occult. Nothing tops Count Chocula for delivering a quality breakfast product that is not only part of a balanced breakfast, but also a blast to eat. There are many great cereals out there, but none as good as Count Chocula. Cocoa Puffs has the chocalatey goodness, but lacks those amazing marshmallows; Lucky Charms has the marshmallows, but those oat pieces can't compare to the chocolate puffed cereal that Chocula puts forth. Count Chocula combines the best elements of several General Mills cereals and packs it all together for a sugary treat that is sure to leave the kids bouncing off the walls for hours. Besides the boost in energy that Chocula provides, there's also the issue of the Count himself. No breakfast cereal character has the charisma of Count Chocula. Even though he only has one fang, all other characters hide in fear of the Count's blood sucking ability. The only other character that could ever match up to Chocula is Tony the Tiger. I think if the two ever met in a dark alley, the fight would be close, but even then I don't see Tony being too Grrrrreat with a puncture wound in his neck from the Count's vicious bite. But all violence aside, kids across the nation can rest assured that Count Chocula is a gentle giant of a vampire, who only wishes to bring chocolately cereal with spooky-fun marshmallows to breakfast tables everywhere. And for that, Count Chocula, we salute you! You are truly a classic.
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 02:18:31 AM
And this is why everyone should vote for David Cobb.

GO green!

*A Nypmh hits you and steals your virginity*
Maradon!
posted 10-18-2004 02:46:54 AM
I'm not even going to dignify this idiocy with a response. This is almost as bad as frolicking imp's threads.

Oh wait I just responded, shit

frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 02:49:10 AM

Geez i'll remember to put a sarcasm disclaimer on the bottom next time.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-18-2004 02:52:14 AM
quote:
frolicking imp wrote this stupid crap:

You might just want to avoid all political threads.

Maradon!
posted 10-18-2004 02:53:39 AM
quote:
frolicking imp had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

This isn't your thread, so my comment had nothing to do with your post here.

I was commenting more on the fact that pretty much any post you've ever made that's had anything to do with president Bush just oozes with totally irrational hatred.

frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 02:57:27 AM
I've made two. and my hatred is not irrational. it has grounds. I an strongly for somthing he is strongly against. I hate everyone who shares this opinion he just happens to be the mostly publicly against it since he is the president and all. And I have the right to hate whom ever I feel like, its a free country. piss off and die. k thnx.
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 10-18-2004 03:06:25 AM
quote:
frolicking imp had this to say about Cuba:
I an strongly for somthing he is strongly against.

Care to share what "it" is?

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-18-2004 03:07:52 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Vernaltemptress:
Care to share what "it" is?

She likes goatees and the secret service won't let bushie grow one.

frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 10-18-2004 03:14:11 AM
why surely I will. Gay marriages.

frolicking imp fucked around with this message on 10-18-2004 at 03:14 AM.

Maradon!
posted 10-18-2004 03:19:31 AM
quote:
From the book of frolicking imp, chapter 3, verse 16:
why surely I will. Gay marriages.

Which of course gives you a valid excuse to go around claiming the IWF is some kind of woman-hating group and implying that Bush is a bad president for supporting them? If you're concerned with gay marriage, talk about gay marriage. Mindless mud slinging and Bush jabbing is juvenile and irritating and not justified by the mere fact that you disagree with Bush on ONE issue.

Do you realize Kerry vocally opposes gay marriage as well?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-18-2004 at 03:20 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: