EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Engrish game!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-07-2004 04:07:22 PM
Engrish game!

Go here

Translate a phrase from English to Japanese. Copy the translation into the box and do Japanese to English

Post the results here

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-07-2004 04:10:20 PM
"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." = "Mind is rejoicing,, but the meat is weak."
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-07-2004 04:12:26 PM
English: Suck my hairy balls.

Engrish: Inhale the sphere where I am hairy.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-07-2004 04:12:49 PM
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Purpose of the mirror rather than appearing, is close.

Sabratiz
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 04:13:51 PM
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - yoggi berra, "When the fork of the road is found, take that"
pain is temporary but pride is forever
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 10-07-2004 04:13:57 PM
'Honor among theives'='Reputation between theives'

'Revenge is a dish best served cold'='Vengeance is the cold where the plate is useful best'

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-07-2004 04:15:04 PM
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving"

Becomes...

"I observed at that it crawls according to the edge of the razor where the snail is straight. That' S my dream. That' S my unpleasant impression. To crawl straight... according to the edge of the razor... slithering, and continuance"

Hehe... last minute edit...
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to show up when it happens"

becomes...

"I' which you fear; As for m I fair don' dying; T when it happens, we would like to show,"

Vorago fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 04:17 PM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-07-2004 04:17:19 PM
English: I can hike my pants clear up to my neck.

Engrish: My pants which are tidied up in my neck it can hike me.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-07-2004 04:20:04 PM
quote:
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." becomes "The bird of the hand is a value of 2 of the bushes."

quote:
"Hey you guys!" becomes "Just a little person!"

quote:
"Make a little love, do a little dance, get down tonight." becomes "Do to make love, do to dance, tonight get off a little a little."

quote:
"Wishing on a dream that seems far off. Hoping it will come today." becomes "Desire of the dream directly the way. Desiring that comes today."

quote:
"Now with more whitening action!" becomes "The behavior which many becomes whiter than now."
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-07-2004 04:21:19 PM
"There is an old saying in Tennessee — I know it is in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can not get fooled again."

=

"Tennessee - my range old proverb has known, in Texas of Tennessee which is and says, perhaps me, your shame - one time shame deceive a certain thing. Deceive me - for the second time being deceived, it is not possible to be able."

Edit: Just a note, Babelfish doesn't like contractions, make sure to expand them or it won't translate it "properly".

El Cuchillo fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 04:23 PM.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
diadem
eet bugz
posted 10-07-2004 04:22:54 PM
English: I now have control of your star base. Your death is imminent. Make peace with your creator.

Engrish: I now possess the control of the basis of your star. Your death is imminent. Make peace of your originator.

--
edit..

English - just guess

Engrish: Your basis everything belongs to us, it is. It does not possess the chance which continues. Make your time.

diadem fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 04:25 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-07-2004 04:23:54 PM
English:
"Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing over swords... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive authority derives from a mandate from the masses not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. I mean, if I went round saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away."

Engrish:
Government system, sword... that' The strange woman foundation which has met to their back sections of the pond which delivers s you do not have to see. As for authority of the highest management order from the lump from humorous aquatic type you do not drive, you obtain. Exactly it meaning that ƒ^ƒ‹ƒg which includes the water threw the sword with you can' The t highest execution right brandishing/scattering is expected uninformed. As for me the moisture ‚ß bint which it could point being to have me who put in place the curve sword which lobbing is done with my people, when the emperor it goes around me, it means saying.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 10-07-2004 04:26:26 PM
i yeild to Mightion

diadem fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 04:26 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-07-2004 04:27:11 PM
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

You expect that I speak? Calling to obtain, Bond. I expect that it dies

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-07-2004 04:30:10 PM
Last one:

"When I take action, I am not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It is going to be decisive."

=

"When I take disposal, I make the $2 1000000 missile start with the tent of the $10 sky, probably will hit against the camel of the bat with do not think. That has done the fact that it is decisive."

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 04:30:56 PM
quote:
You have no chace to survive make your time = It does not possess your time which makes the chance which continues.

quote:
All the ladies be asking me, "Coach Z, how come you don't dance no more?" = As for woman everyone my "Why don't of Coach Z; The dance more of?" You have not asked.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-07-2004 04:34:40 PM
This is the urgent advertisement system test. Your region broadcasts the telegraph operator duty coordination and the federation, the state and the local authority develops this system to maintain you to inform under the emergency situation. If this is an actual emergency, the attention signal you justly hear by the official information, the news or the instruction can follow. This station serves for the intercontinental region. This conclusion urgent advertisement system this test.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-07-2004 04:42:40 PM
quote:
"I bet she gives great helmet." becomes "I bet the fact that the helmet where she is large is given."

quote:
"That was my virgin-alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do!" becomes "That was my newly warning. It' which is programmed in order to go before you; As for s!"

quote:
"I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that!" becomes "When I look at the radar, always the coffee, it is that you have known in me!"

quote:
"Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?" becomes "Sexual intercourse king of the zombie with someone it died, made?"

quote:
"Let me see that thong!" becomes "Me permit the fact that you look at that skin string!"
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-07-2004 04:50:10 PM
English: No matter where you go, there you are.

Engrish: Going, somewhere, there is there,

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-07-2004 04:53:51 PM
There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying the stairway to Heaven

There' As for s the ‚Ò or the ‚Ò the woman who' who buys the stairway to the heaven which shines; S truly all gold and she' It is s

PhattyMcPhat
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 04:54:59 PM
Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

Entering the kitchen, do the sandwich in me.

Not everything that can be measured counts, and not everything that counts can be measured."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-07-2004 04:57:25 PM
quote:
PhattyMcPhat had this to say about dark elf butts:
Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

Entering the kitchen, do the sandwich in me.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 10-07-2004 04:57:54 PM
Hay guys, expand contractions before you stuff them in the translator, they get buggered up otherwise. Kthx.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-07-2004 05:01:42 PM
quote:
El Cuchillo obviously shouldn't have said:
Hay guys, expand contractions before you stuff them in the translator, they get buggered up otherwise. Kthx.

The person of the hay before you, them those of the translator who stuffs contraction, expands with another method of obtaining ruinously. Kthx

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-07-2004 05:09:31 PM
Fuck you all : Have sexual intercourse entirely.

Want to fuck? : Think that we would like to have sexual intercourse?

Black fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 05:12 PM.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-07-2004 05:10:19 PM
Quote: Freeze! Put your hands up!

Engrish: Freezing! Install your hand!

Quote: Give me liberty or give me death!

Engrish: Give freedom to me, or to me give the death!

Quote: I like big butts and I cannont lie.

Engrish: I like the large bat, cannot do a certain thing.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-07-2004 05:13:08 PM
quote:
Katrinity, I am your father:
Quote: Freeze! Put your hands up!

Engrish: Freezing! Install your hand!

Quote: Give me liberty or give me death!

Engrish: Give freedom to me, or to me give the death!

Quote: I like big butts and I cannont lie.

Engrish: I like the large bat, cannot do a certain thing.

Hey, babe.

Think that we would like to have sexual intercourse?

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-07-2004 05:15:20 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

becomes:

Is that John Wayne? As for this is there I? (それはジョンウェインであるか。これは私あるか

Who the fuck said that? Who is the slimey little communist shit twinkle-toes down
here who just signed his own death warrant? No one? Outstanding! I will PT you all till you fucking DIE!

becomes:

Some sexual intercourse was that? To his himself dead warrant signed someone as for slimey who a little is exactly is optical toe here every of わ of the communism person? Who? Remarkable! To self-will will PT you dies of all sexual intercourse!(だれ性交はそれを言ったか。ちょうど彼自身の ;死令状に署名したかだれがslimey はだれ少し共産主義者のたわごとの光つま先ここ 395;であるか。誰もか。顕著! 私意志PT あなたまですべて性交のダイス!)

Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

becomes:

The hell, I like. It comes to my house, my sisters can have sexual intercourse.(地獄、私は好む。私の家に来、私の姉妹を性交 ;できる。

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 10-07-2004 05:18:19 PM
Some say tomorrow is a new day, I say tomorrow is the futures past.

The new day when certain people are tomorrow you say, I passed the future which is tomorrow, you say.

Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 05:30:55 PM
How is American beer like sex in a canoe? It's fucking close to water.
As for the American beer how is there a canoe the characteristic way? That very is the end which should sow the water.

Work Like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody's watching.
No one work like you sees that the sea urchin it was hurt never and is not the money, does not need dance and love the way.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
I find your scarcity of disturbance of reliance.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-07-2004 05:32:19 PM
Who let the dogs out

The dog was made possible someone

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 05:45:54 PM
Not exactly within the rules, but here's Babelfish's attempt to translate "All your base" from the Japanese game:

連邦政府軍のご協力により、諸君の貴地は、全てCATS がいただいた。

With the cooperation of the Federal Government troop, everything CATS received your area of the ladies and gentlemen.

quote:
What you say?

[Edit]EC doesn't like fullwidth ascii letters

Iulius Czar fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 05:51 PM.

Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 05:47:08 PM
As for the double post, this there is no.

Iulius Czar fucked around with this message on 10-07-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-07-2004 06:00:49 PM
Fuck the fucking fuckers

becomes:

Fuckers have sexual intercourse very.(とてもfuckers と性交しなさい。

Fuck Off And Die!

becomes:

Keep coming out, die!(出ていき、死になさい!)

Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck fuck!

becomes:

Sexual intercourse of sexual intercourse of fuckitty sexual intercourse have sexual intercourse!(fuckitty 性交の性交の性交と性交しなさい!)

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Ian Benjamin
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 07:30:37 PM
English:
Excuse me, but present circumstances require that I drain the weasel at this juncture. Should my assistance be immediately necessary, please knock, then wait until I have fully discharged.

Japanese:

Ž„‚ð‹–‚µ‚È‚³‚¢A‚µ‚©‚µŽ„‚ª‚±‚̐ڑ±‚ŃCƒ^ƒ`‚𗬏o‚³‚¹‚é‚悤‚ÉŒ»Ý‚̏‚Í—v‹‚·‚éB‚à‚µŽ„‚̉‡•‚ª‚·‚®•K—v‚È‚çAŽ„‚ª\•ª‚É”ro‚µ‚½‚Ü‚Å‚½‚½‚­‚½‚߂ɁA‚»‚ê‚©‚ç‘Ò‚¿‚È‚³‚¢B

Engrish:
That me permit, but I flow out the weasel with this connection, it requires present circumstance. If my help immediately necessity, until I discharged sufficiently, in order to hit, then wait.

Ian Benjamin
(MJER)

Everything ever taught to you by Jim Bob of Billy Bob's Black Belt Emporium is a lie. Now, tie your obi UNDER the hakama and try again.

Private Part
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 07:33:11 PM
"Small is the number of them that see with their own eyes, and feel with their own hearts" - Albert Einstien.

As for those quantities which you see as the small their itself eyes, feel their itself centers

One by one, the penguins
steal my sanity
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 07:36:31 PM
Enlish: The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Engirsh: The wheel of bus goes to circle and circle.

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 10-07-2004 08:01:49 PM
Translated my sig text.

English: The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Engrish: The basic equipment for processing the actuality is processing of word. If meaning of word can be controlled, those must be used, the people can be controlled.

I think it actually managed to hit fairly close with this one, so I chose something else.

English: I sense much fear in you. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Engrish: I feel your many fear. It leads in order fear you get angry to suffering, leads in order to hate anger and to hate it brings.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 10-07-2004 08:22:25 PM
My sig text:

'But when there is a shot gun in me, i' Has d known the thing? I' It is straightly with the d point sky to be every ‚í, the heaven is shot because of you'

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Ian Benjamin
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 08:26:15 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit had this to say about Optimus Prime:
My sig text:

'But when there is a shot gun in me, i' Has d known the thing? I' It is straightly with the d point sky to be every ‚í, the heaven is shot because of you'

"But when there is a shot gun in me, are those which I do known? I because of you thing am every わ point straightly with the heaven of the sky and chute"

That's what I got when I took out the contractions.

Ian Benjamin
(MJER)

Everything ever taught to you by Jim Bob of Billy Bob's Black Belt Emporium is a lie. Now, tie your obi UNDER the hakama and try again.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: