EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hurricane changing course? New pic...
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-03-2004 10:46:55 PM
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Drysart
Pancake
posted 09-03-2004 10:51:38 PM
That's no storm, it's a space station!
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-03-2004 10:52:58 PM
I can't wait to be in storm central!
CBTao
Pancake
posted 09-03-2004 10:53:20 PM
keep turning in, hit us baby, HIT USSSS
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 09-03-2004 10:56:05 PM
Crap.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-04-2004 12:28:15 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Xyrra wrote:
I can't wait to be in storm central!

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-04-2004 12:32:58 AM
At least it's weakening

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-04-2004 01:27:01 AM
Yay incoming hurricane!
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 09-04-2004 01:33:23 AM
What the Fuck. I live in Indiana. We are not supposed to get Hurricanes.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-04-2004 01:38:01 AM
Good luck and I hope you make it through okay. As long as you stay in a good shelter, you won't lose anything (over here during Super Typhoon Pongsona, somone lost an eye)

If the hurricane looks like it'll directly hit you and take out your power, I suggest buying a power inverter. 150w is good, but 300w is the best since you can power an LCD screen and a PS2 and a small fan. After Typhoon Pongsona I ended up living in my car for a month, and it was all I could do from losing my sanity.

And for heaven's sake, please, PLEASE don't use the thing to power your washing machine or refridgerator! The clerk at Radio Shack told me about an Air Force family trying to get them to pay for the damage to their car!

You can't power much on 300w, and that's all that'll fit on the family car. If you want to power something larger, you better be owning some construction equipment and buy a higher rated power inverter too.

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 09-04-2004 at 01:39 AM.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 09-04-2004 02:12:42 AM
quote:
From the book of Azizza, chapter 3, verse 16:

You aren't.. you're just going get thunderstorms moving in a strange direction.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-04-2004 02:33:34 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Azizza was all like:

no see.. what you're getting is the weak ass rain and thunderstorms that was the hurricane. Because, hurricanes lose their gusto when they get to far inland

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 09-04-2004 10:34:07 AM
MAKE IT GO LEFT!
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-04-2004 11:51:29 AM
Oh shi... If that hits the great lakes, us Canadians are fuxored. Remember what happened with Hurricane Hazel (sp?). At least, I think it was that hurricane.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-04-2004 12:01:55 PM
Huzzah for west coast!

Washton Represent!

flashes inoherant and physicaly painfull hand contortion

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 09-04-2004 12:04:15 PM
mother fu******
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Alaan
posted 09-04-2004 12:06:21 PM
IL had enough rain last week.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-04-2004 12:14:22 PM
pops a cap in blindy's ass

Nerd Power!

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Nicole
posted 09-04-2004 04:55:10 PM
quote:
Lechium's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Oh shi... If that hits the great lakes, us Canadians are fuxored. Remember what happened with Hurricane Hazel (sp?). At least, I think it was that hurricane.

Ayup. Toronto doesn't get many big weather nasties... when we do, it's either the mutilated dregs of former hurricanes, or "hide in your basement and pray" type stuff.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-04-2004 06:06:49 PM
It looks like it's gonna swing by UBT's parent's house in MO for dinner.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-04-2004 06:39:21 PM
wow.. look at the size of that eye!

*is watching CNN right now*

And they say the hurricane is twice the size of Germany!!!

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 09-04-2004 at 06:40 PM.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-04-2004 07:07:28 PM
I'm posting from my house right now on my Laptop since I have a little battery power left and the phone lines are still working. We had a tree in our front lawn that was around 80 foot tall that is now lying on our house. It did no damage luckily but we still have the worst of the storm to go through. At about midnight tonight the eye is supposed to hit and stay over for 3 hours and then we get the worst part of the storm. I hope to god this house stays up. I'll post again tomorrow with an update.

Time to go pray some more.

Demos
Pancake
posted 09-04-2004 07:09:18 PM
Wow Yuri, stay safe man. I'm not overly religious but I'm still sending out a prayer for all of ya.
Nicole
posted 09-04-2004 07:09:46 PM
quote:
-Yuri- had this to say about Tron:
I'm posting from my house right now on my Laptop since I have a little battery power left and the phone lines are still working. We had a tree in our front lawn that was around 80 foot tall that is now lying on our house. It did no damage luckily but we still have the worst of the storm to go through. At about midnight tonight the eye is supposed to hit and stay over for 3 hours and then we get the worst part of the storm. I hope to god this house stays up. I'll post again tomorrow with an update.

Time to go pray some more.

fux. Tree on house = bad. We had that a while ago and... yeah. Good luck. Try not to die, we'd feel bad

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-04-2004 07:33:09 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about Duck Tales:
Huzzah for west coast!

Washton Represent!

flashes inoherant and physicaly painfull hand contortion

*just shakes her head and does a face palm plant*

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-04-2004 07:59:40 PM
i think ontario needs a good 'crash-bang-boom' thunderstorm.,...

i miss those.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Cleo
Pancake
posted 09-04-2004 11:54:42 PM
Regardless, both of my friends are still gonna get decimated.
Damn, I hate nature.
nama no naka
modi no naka
katse no naka
yume no naka
sesshoumaru-sama, doko ni ruu
Jaken-sama, oo shita naite
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 12:13:54 AM
Posting from the soon to be Eye of the Hurricane right now. The big pine tree in our back yard is now down and it seems some local businesses have lost their roofs. A local fire station had to be evacuated because it lost its roof. Gonna make this post short to conserve battery power. I'll post again later.

Dennis

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-05-2004 12:22:10 AM
quote:
Lechium's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

I hope nothing hits Winnipeg. We get really feckin' cold winters, we don't need anything making stuff worse.

And good luck, Yuri. Natural disasters suck truckloads of anus. Decomposing mule anus.

Ruvyen fucked around with this message on 09-05-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-05-2004 12:32:35 AM
Make a note to go out during the eye of the storm, when it is utterly calm out, and try to move some debris around. If the eye is passing directly over you, the winds will be at their max one way, then their max in the exact opposite direction. D: Most damage in hurricanes is from the opposite winds.

Also, it's pretty fucking cool to see, say, a bowlorama fly past as you enjoy sunny weather.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 09-05-2004 01:30:21 AM
quote:
Azizza stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
What the Fuck. I live in Ohio. We are not supposed to get Hurricanes.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 09-05-2004 01:34:26 AM
Here in Iowa we just get to watch like this

O_O

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-05-2004 12:17:26 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Duck Tales:
Make a note to go out during the eye of the storm, when it is utterly calm out, and try to move some debris around. If the eye is passing directly over you, the winds will be at their max one way, then their max in the exact opposite direction. D: Most damage in hurricanes is from the opposite winds.

Most damage in hurricanes is caused by the storm surge and the heavy rains that flood areas, not the winds.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 09-05-2004 12:26:53 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Captain Planet:
Most damage in hurricanes is caused by the storm surge and the heavy rains that flood areas, not the winds.

Ugh! Don't remind me of the floods that come with that, I've had enough of those in my life.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 12:35:41 PM
Hellooooo, Canada!
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 09-05-2004 12:37:32 PM
No. Fucking. Way.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-05-2004 12:57:52 PM
Looks like the dregs of the hurricane will be chasing me on my drive up north. Luckily, living on a naval base, we get back online damn quick. Then all the sailors get to turn out to assist the community. This storm aint going anywhere near me, but from what I hear this is going to be an active season. Chances are Norfolk will get some spectacular shows.

Sandbagging and shoring will be a bitch afterward, though.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-05-2004 01:41:11 PM
Yeah, don't most of the naval ships leave port during the big storms, since they're designed to take em in the open sea?
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-06-2004 06:41:45 AM
Holy crap...

A man in Jensen Beach, Fla., walks down what's left of Indian River Road yesterday. The road was destroyed as Hurricane Frances lashed the eastern coast of Florida early yesterday with 105-mph winds and as much as 13 inches of rainfall. The storm weakened as it crossed the state.

Also the full article, and another picture of why you don't leave your boats moored during a hurricane...

Trillee fucked around with this message on 09-06-2004 at 06:44 AM.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-06-2004 07:08:17 AM
All the ships surge, and all the subs go underwater where they arent subject to surface conditions. The shore part of base gets thrashed, then beack online, probably even before the civillian hospitals. Then most likely and general quarters will be announced and a good bit of the base will turn out to do rescue/relief for the community.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: