EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hurricane changing course? New pic...
Maradon!
posted 09-06-2004 02:48:05 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Trillee booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Holy crap...

A man in Jensen Beach, Fla., walks down what's left of Indian River Road yesterday.

And he really needs to put some fucking pants on.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 07:45:47 PM
Hey guys.. Just posting to say I'm alive. That pic that was posted, I live about 3 minutes from.. just went and looked at it a few minutes ago in fact. I took a bunch of pictures of the damage to mine and my neighbors house that I'll post when I develop them up at my apartment. The house is structually okay but we still need to get the big tree off our house ect. I'll post more tomorrow night when I'm back at my apartment and have power and such.
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 08:10:43 PM
quote:
Trillee had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Also the full article, and another picture of why you don't leave your boats moored during a hurricane...

If you look at those boats, you will notice the majority of them being sail boats, sail boats are not good in froul weather, that tall mast and that deep keel is what really dos it in, most other boats have to contend with the winds pulling off the top strutures, or iff they are light enoug, being pull out of the water.

--The Coasties Newer boats are spiffy, you strap in and the boat can take any beating a storm gives. They are heavy enough to stay in the water, and they are self righting.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-06-2004 08:20:41 PM
'Self righting' isn't a feature that I want to have to be worried about.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-06-2004 08:45:42 PM
quote:
Peter stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
If you look at those boats, you will notice the majority of them being sail boats, sail boats are not good in froul weather, that tall mast and that deep keel is what really dos it in, most other boats have to contend with the winds pulling off the top strutures, or iff they are light enoug, being pull out of the water.

--The Coasties Newer boats are spiffy, you strap in and the boat can take any beating a storm gives. They are heavy enough to stay in the water, and they are self righting.

Reguardless. You're supposed to take your boat out into the ocean during bad weather like this.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-07-2004 02:01:21 AM
quote:
Trillee had this to say about Tron:
Reguardless. You're supposed to take your boat out into the ocean during bad weather like this.

And put it were exactly? Does it look like the stuff out of the water fared much better?
I dunno about you, but even in an emergancy, I don't know were you are just gonna put a 30 ft boat.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 09-07-2004 03:13:25 PM
I live about 30 miles west of Atlanta so it's gonna hit pretty damn close here...
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-07-2004 03:16:16 PM
Powers been out since Midnight last night at my house. Trees down and debris everywhere.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-07-2004 03:27:42 PM
oh jeez. At least the storm will be too weak to do any hardcore damage when it hits Cookeville.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-07-2004 06:13:58 PM
quote:
Peter thought about the meaning of life:
And put it were exactly? Does it look like the stuff out of the water fared much better?
I dunno about you, but even in an emergancy, I don't know were you are just gonna put a 30 ft boat.

Sail boats can hold thier own out in the open ocean. *ANY* sailor worth thier rigging can tell you, during bad weather, take your boat out to sea, and sail it out of the path if you know where to go. If not, then just head out as far away from land as possible. My roommate grew up on a sail boat, was all over the south pacific. His father's a highly experianced sailor. He can tell you the same.

Sail Boats have a thing called a ballast(and Keels) that holds them fairly upright during bad weather out on the sea.

Keeping your boat moored during bad weather like hurricanes, you'll more then likely lose your boat.

Take a look at the projected path map. They could have sailed the boats out to sea and up to New England, just to name a possible place. Or just sail out a few miles away.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: