EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's your thing?
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-23-2004 11:30:16 PM
Everyone's got something they can do really, really well. Or, at least better than the average schmoe. For instance, I'm probably one of the top 15 snare drummers in Illinois, and great at Simpson's Trivia. What other experts do we have around here that knows or can do something not many other people can?
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 08-23-2004 11:32:43 PM
I pwnzor at writing.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-23-2004 11:35:47 PM
Pretty good at FPS games, and I know how to make napalm
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-23-2004 11:37:23 PM
Yiff.
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 08-23-2004 11:39:06 PM
Uh, well let's see... I can do pretty good sci-fi designs, gimme some Legos and I can make some nice stuff, I seem to rock at drawing people close-up and not moving... I make a good Lupin III cosplayer('cept voice)?
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 08-23-2004 11:40:43 PM
I made it to the Maine State Finals for the spelling bee and placed about 13th place in the 8th grade, hopefully that counts

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-23-2004 11:43:57 PM
I frighten people.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Ian Benjamin
Pancake
posted 08-23-2004 11:58:58 PM
I have a knack for coming up with the most exciting and adventurous plans only to drop them in the final phases of development because my imagination runs faster than reality; however reality is a bitch in the last leg of the race, ain't it?

Aside from that, I'm decent at eating copious amounts of sushi that fill my belly but empty my wallet. [Once again, reality setting in.] Which reminds me, Dr Gee, I'm taking you to a REAL sushi bar and not Bamboo Hut... I think my stomach is still crying.

Ian Benjamin
(MJER)

Everything ever taught to you by Jim Bob of Billy Bob's Black Belt Emporium is a lie. Now, tie your obi UNDER the hakama and try again.

Sean
posted 08-24-2004 12:00:44 AM
I've been told I'm pretty good at remembering and reciting movie, music and game quotation.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-24-2004 12:09:18 AM
Making fun of people without them knowing. And I don't mean behind their back.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Gadani
U
posted 08-24-2004 12:26:48 AM
quote:
Karnaj wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Making fun of people without them knowing. And I don't mean behind their back.

I can do that to people at my school.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-24-2004 12:28:16 AM
Nothing; there is absolutely nothing that I can do well.

Kill me.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Gadani
U
posted 08-24-2004 12:33:41 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Nothing; there is absolutely nothing that I can do well.

Kill me.

You're a field ops!

Razor
posted 08-24-2004 01:30:23 AM
Good at:
remembering the small things
Management
Listening
Astronomy
Lightwave Physics
thinking outside the box
etc...
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-24-2004 01:35:07 AM
im a dancer (almost 15 years now!)
i sing too...although im not currently band employed, i just started working with a band designing costumes for them when they play and for photo shoots..its a lot of fun
i like to act..and er draw too..and cook/bake...and i have good memory.. :-p

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
*Tal*
Pancake
posted 08-24-2004 01:59:30 AM
I'm attractive.

I dont have to be good at anything.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-24-2004 02:10:00 AM
Trolling.

Other than that, I'm a worthless bag of meat.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-24-2004 02:13:09 AM
Well, I would definitely say I understand a lot more about computers than most, and I can tinker with them pretty well. As for an off-the-wall talent... I often try to draw analogies between really strange things and tend to be able to goof off pretty well.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-24-2004 02:49:32 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ian Benjamin:
I have a knack for coming up with the most exciting and adventurous plans only to drop them in the final phases of development because my imagination runs faster than reality; however reality is a bitch in the last leg of the race, ain't it?

Aside from that, I'm decent at eating copious amounts of sushi that fill my belly but empty my wallet. [Once again, reality setting in.] Which reminds me, Dr Gee, I'm taking you to a REAL sushi bar and not Bamboo Hut... I think my stomach is still crying.

STFU. The fact that you haven't gone to the hospital yet means it wasn't THAT bad. And I enjoyed mine quite well. Not my fault you made the mistake of ordering traditional sashimi at a sushii place with mexican cooks. If the really hot waitresses were there you wouldn't have even noticed anyways.

I'll take you up on that offer though....in a few months.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 08-24-2004 at 02:50 AM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-24-2004 03:01:03 AM
I heal.

No, I mean other people. The right touch, a little concentration, and muscle knots seem to melt away for me..

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 08-24-2004 03:09:03 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Delphi Aegis was all like:
I heal.

No, I mean other people. The right touch, a little concentration, and muscle knots seem to melt away for me..

When are you coming to visit, again?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-24-2004 03:14:04 AM
quote:
Sean thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I've been told I'm pretty good at remembering and reciting movie, music and game quotation.

Like when you turned on that bot that did nothing but recite old movie quotes all night and nobody even noticed it wasn't you?

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 08-24-2004 03:37:03 AM
Sleeping

Vernaltemptress fucked around with this message on 08-24-2004 at 03:39 AM.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-24-2004 04:24:25 AM
uhm...

Nothing much.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-24-2004 04:29:36 AM
talents include:

planning a nice day for folks (eg, a special date, or a group outing).
honing knives (sharpening)
knotwork
develloping/modifying playing card games

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Skaw
posted 08-24-2004 04:50:18 AM
Mastu-

Cooking.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-24-2004 06:22:04 AM
I'm quite good at english.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 08-24-2004 06:30:55 AM
I'm told I'm good at drawing but I don't believe it.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-24-2004 06:33:28 AM
I'm good at remember totally random and useless facts/places, especially in things even more useless to remember them for, like video games.

I also excel at lying in bed and feeling sorry for myself.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-24-2004 09:25:38 AM
I'm quite good at handling people. I can make them like me fairly easily.

I'm a charmer!

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-24-2004 12:43:09 PM
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 08-24-2004 12:45:34 PM
Some less than laudable skills, as well as memorization (damn near photographic if I care enough). I'm also a really good translator (English/Spanish/French).
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-24-2004 12:53:14 PM
I'm good at being generous, helpful, and kind. Does that count?

Because that's about all I'm really really really good at.

Then again, I don't suck at anything.

Well, except rollerblading, I can't seem to that down yet.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-24-2004 12:54:09 PM
I like to think I'm good at:

'charming people'
massages
writing

My coach says I'm good at "reading the plays" on defense.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Yuri
posted 08-24-2004 01:09:28 PM
FPS games I suppose.

I would challenge Nem to a CS match but I'm scared.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-24-2004 01:18:01 PM
I am a GOD of hockey, I just wish I never screwed up my back otherwise I could be playing Junior A or in the AHL right now.
I'm also pretty good with instruments, I played the trumpet, trombone, and tuba at school.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 08-24-2004 01:30:59 PM
I am a composer with a somewhat unique sound. It's a vaugely minimalist style with a bit of serial techniques mixed in.
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-24-2004 02:08:25 PM
I have a prett high tolerance to drugs....Not a good thing when your lower Jaw feels like someone is jabbing Ice pick through it and yo take 2 Tyenol 3's at 8 am, and they don't kick in till 12
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-24-2004 02:25:54 PM
I inspire insanity wherever I go.

I also read ethernet hex dumps pretty damn well.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 08-24-2004 05:49:06 PM
sadly, carpentry. I'm good with building shit out of wood for somereason. Oh, and for some reason I can figgure out complex plots of games/movies/anime when noone else even knows whats going on.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: