EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's your thing?
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 08-24-2004 06:02:25 PM
Bluffing and psyching the hell out of almost anybody.

It's amazing hat you can get away with when you get people to like you and be slightly intimidated of you at the same time.

Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 08-24-2004 10:43:23 PM
I've been told I'm a pretty good bass player. I can play a bunch of other instruments, but bass is probably my favorite, only when i'm playing with other people.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Sean
posted 08-24-2004 10:45:32 PM
quote:
Snoota impressed everyone with:
Like when you turned on that bot that did nothing but recite old movie quotes all night and nobody even noticed it wasn't you?

Yeah,

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-24-2004 11:17:45 PM
i don't think there's anything i could be considered exceptional at.
Lesage
APPROVED
posted 08-25-2004 03:02:36 PM
I've played the violin for six years...I'm not too horrible at it either Also I have this spiffy knack for making people feel better. Or at least managing to make them smile.
Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!
^^Good times there!

Still always, Not-Dude.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-25-2004 03:34:42 PM
I'm a damn good cook, from what I'm told, and not too terrible of an artist.

I also have a huge passion for theatre & it's history, but somehow I doubt that's gonna get me a job anywhere.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-25-2004 08:14:25 PM
quote:
Xyrra stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I also have a huge passion for theatre & it's history, but somehow I doubt that's gonna get me a job anywhere.

School?

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-26-2004 01:52:41 AM
I'm a good director
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Addy
posted 08-26-2004 02:04:14 AM
I'm good at complaining.

Damn good.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-26-2004 04:44:07 AM
I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do, that many people cannot do better.

But, when I played the Saxophone, I was constantly told that I could make a career out of it, and that I could go really far. I WAS really good. Unfortunately, I was lazy, and just wanted to have fun playing, rather than having to work at it to become a professional.

Perhaps I should've stuck with what I was good at, since I've really found nothing since then.

I suppose I'm above average with computers, and with all sorts of games.

What I'm NOT good at is remembering stuff. Some people get REALLY pissed at me, others find my terrible memory INTENSELY amusing. Funny thing, though, is that I DO remember lots of useless trivia, and I'm pretty good at pulling pop-culture references from out of nowhere at opportune times.

I'm not very witty, either. Well, not very snappy at being witty, anyway.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kawaii_Lina
Pancake
posted 08-26-2004 02:01:48 PM
I'm pretty goot at drawing, and writing, and some sports >.>, but the thing I think I'm best at ish hugging ^.^;, I love giving hugs! Specialy Tackle hugs, I'm o0ber spiffy at them ^_~.
I am Da Kawaii~
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-26-2004 02:08:54 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Kawaii_Lina!
I'm pretty goot at drawing, and writing, and some sports >.>, but the thing I think I'm best at ish hugging ^.^;, I love giving hugs! Specialy Tackle hugs, I'm o0ber spiffy at them ^_~.

Yay for Hugs!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Crezia
Pancake
posted 08-26-2004 03:44:38 PM
I'm good at making myself feel like less than a pile of shit.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-26-2004 10:55:06 PM
Mm'kay, seriousness time. (Although I really do frighten people, it isn't intentional.)

I'm fairly good with computers, I can solve some tech problems, and I'm learning more about them on an almost daily basis. I think I've read every tech thread that's been posted on EC at some point in time. I'm also quite good at games, a skill which I've honed since before I was in kindergarten. Hell, I even played on the Intellivision before I could read, and if you know the Intellivision, you'd know that that would be DAMN HARD. It was. Anywho, I'm not necessarily the best at any one game, but that's because I have a tendency to not focus on just one game all the time. I tend to go on gaming kicks, where I play a game until I burnout, then go to another. Right now I'm on a StarCraft UMS kick.

I'm fairly good with the English language as a whole, and fairly good with pre-calculus math. I made a bitchin' QBasic Seizure Pong program in CompSci Senior 3, as well as a few really awesome seizure machines (hehehe ). I've been told by others that I'm smart (HAH!).

And, of course...

I LIKE SWORDS!!
Mmm, claymores...
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-26-2004 11:00:22 PM
Music. I pick up instruments fairly quickly.

I dunno, I do other things. Seems kinda silly to label it down to just one but if I had to pick one, it's musical instruments.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-27-2004 02:09:34 PM
I can draw, paint, ink, etc.

I have a flair for languages. When I stayed in other countries, I would pick up their local languages fairly well, but when I leave, I kinda lose the language (I still remember a lot of German and some Arabic)

I can beat the shit out of many video games.

I have gotten a habit of being intimidating. I am not mean, per se, but people seem to think I'm scary. Dont ask me why. Its confusing.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
CBTao
Pancake
posted 08-27-2004 10:56:46 PM
I'm one hell of a fuckin cook, and I can cook a full chinese thai menu.

Handy with fixin PCs, tho not as well as Maradon.

Good at most games I apply myself to(ET, GB, etc)

I'm also one mean mofo in a fight.

And I can likely drink anyone under the table.

Alaan
posted 08-27-2004 11:04:45 PM
I can half-ass pay attention to whats going on while doing something else completely and still have it available in knowledge. I clearly receive this from my dad who can sleep and tell you what was going on with a TV show while he was sleeping. Best serves me when I space out in class.

Oh. Also while reading I have mad visualization skills. When I get into something I am almost completely unaware of the real world. I don't really know I'm reading, it's like watching a movie in my head.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 08-27-2004 11:06:41 PM
quote:
Densetsu's fortune cookie read:
I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do, that many people cannot do better.

But, when I played the Saxophone, I was constantly told that I could make a career out of it, and that I could go really far. I WAS really good. Unfortunately, I was lazy, and just wanted to have fun playing, rather than having to work at it to become a professional.

Perhaps I should've stuck with what I was good at, since I've really found nothing since then.

I suppose I'm above average with computers, and with all sorts of games.

What I'm NOT good at is remembering stuff. Some people get REALLY pissed at me, others find my terrible memory INTENSELY amusing. Funny thing, though, is that I DO remember lots of useless trivia, and I'm pretty good at pulling pop-culture references from out of nowhere at opportune times.

I'm not very witty, either. Well, not very snappy at being witty, anyway.

This is so similar to me it is scary. Just replace f(saxophone) with f(clarinet).

D Spot
Pancake
posted 08-27-2004 11:07:04 PM
I'm really good at soccer. I've been told multiple times that I should play competitively, it's a shame I don't like the sport at all.
Addy
posted 08-27-2004 11:09:12 PM
quote:
So quoth Azakias:
I can draw, paint, ink, etc.

I can vouch for this.

quote:
I have gotten a habit of being intimidating. I am not mean, per se, but people seem to think I'm scary. Dont ask me why. Its confusing.

I can vouch for this too omg

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: